HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

WCQF Game 4 6:30 pm CST - NSH @ DET - Flying V

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Head Above Water

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
It makes me puke in my mouth listening to the wings fans for days complain about the refs. All but two of the calls on the Preds tonight were complete bs. Really you lost sight of the puck because it was in the net so you blow the whistle and no replay. That bs needs to be fixed. Over and over when the wings are down the refs give them a powerplay. Everyone ever wonder why they are such a great come from behind team?? You got to see it in it's best form tonight.
You just sound bitter, which makes no sense considering you came out on top. Penalty calls aside, this post is pure biased nonsense. The rule clearly states that it's not the sound of the whistle that calls the play dead in a situation like that, but rather the referees intent to blow the whistle. Is this a stupid rule? Absolutely. Did the Wings or the referees tonight make up this rule? No, absolutely not. Blame the rule book. But just for fun, because you're under the impression that this rule was created for the Red Wings, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v0HSV6yIYQ

That's right, this rule was going against the Wings long before tonight, so please refrain from making silly, uniformed comments that have absolutely no basis in reality.

Before tonight, any Wings fan would have said the Predators were getting the calls in this series, but naturally, as a Predators fan, you'll disagree, right? More importantly, does any of this matter now? No, absolutely not. The games are over, the outcomes are final. Move on. Quit crying foul when every team in the NHL deals with the same things you're complaining about every single season.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
NHL Tonight

Before the commercial break before this one... just after talking about Florida/New Jersey "When we come back we'll take you to the Joe Louis Arena".

Came back from commercial break... more clips of Florida and New Jersey.

When they come back from this one... clips of all series

**** off, NHL Network. If you don't talk about the Nashville game I'm going to write you a nasty letter
Well, their ability to do what they say they are going to do doesn't sound good based on that, but it could be worse. They could be Brendan Shanahan, promising to deal with players trying to headshot other players.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
He is cocky just like most of your team and coach. With the unfair officiating i am sure he thought if the refs did manage to see it they would turn a blind eye. I was personally shocked they called it. I wish the Preds would play Cracken next game for the sole purpose of giving your diving, embellishing, cry baby, the face pounding of his life. He deserves it.
Your views are nice to read and i welcome you to the Preds board but no love and 0 respect for the red wings anymore.
Dude the Red Wings are probably one of the "nicest" teams in the league. And what I mean by that, is they aren't interested in scrappy play, they don't fight, I mean it's pretty silly to look at the RED WINGS with such a lack of respect because you think they dive, embellish, cry, whatever.

Every team has some guys that embellish calls, EVERY TEAM, yes even your team. It goes with the NHL in Bettman's world. The wings don't do it more than any other team, so to me your view on that is a bit off.

Interesting point about the 'cockiness'. I think there could be something to it. You know when that started? 2009 against Pitt. We were up 2-0 in that series and well on our way to repeating AGAIN.

In that game 7, the wings were extremely confident and I think maybe too confident. A couple players after the loss admitted maybe they relied too much on their experience and were too 'relaxed'. I.E that could mean too cocky, as if it was another big game they would win.

When you have had this much success over 21 years, and have played in SOOOO MANY big games, and won almost all of those must-win games, how do you not get a little cocky?

You cannot deny that this Red Wings organization is the class of the NHL. They do it RIGHT. They are built to not fight and to play skill hockey.

The problem is in this era of playoff hockey, that kind of hockey doesn't win anymore.

I'm not trying to sound like a homer. I'm trying to speak objectively. Emotions run high and you're a fan of the opponent so I can undrestand your view. But when it all settles down, and this series ends, I think your opinion will change and see the Wings as a team that does do it right.

(I'm not saying the Preds do it wrong, in fact they haven't really been that interested in scrappy play either all series)

Old
04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Above Water View Post
You just sound bitter, which makes no sense considering you came out on top. Penalty calls aside, this post is pure biased nonsense. The rule clearly states that it's not the sound of the whistle that calls the play dead in a situation like that, but rather the referees intent to blow the whistle. Is this a stupid rule? Absolutely. Did the Wings or the referees tonight make up this rule? No, absolutely not. Blame the rule book. But just for fun, because you're under the impression that this rule was created for the Red Wings, take a look at this:

That's right, this rule was going against the Wings long before tonight, so please refrain from making silly, uniformed comments that have absolutely no basis in reality.

Before tonight, any Wings fan would have said the Predators were getting the calls in this series, but naturally, as a Predators fan, you'll disagree, right? More importantly, does any of this matter now? No, absolutely not. The games are over, the outcomes are final. Move on. Quit crying foul when every team in the NHL deals with the same things you're complaining about every single season.
Did any of us say that the Wings haven't been screwed over by that rule before?

I think the calls have gone the Preds way in games 1 and 3 and Wings way in 2 and 4.

You're new around here obviously but are you going to stay around and lecture like this often?

Old
AEM6729

The intent to blow the whistle rule is total nonsense. Pretty soon they'll be penalizing players for stuff that happens "after the play ends" as defined by "when I intended to blow my whistle". I think in general the refs just use the "intent to blow" thing to cover their ass, as it's not reviewable and cannot be questioned by anyone. Jerks.

Both teams have been screwed by the refs at various points in this series. Refs have been screwing teams and/or generally losing all control of the game across the entire playoffs. It's pretty bizarre to watch.

Old
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Above Water View Post

I know it is a rule brain surgeon. That is clearly why i typed THE BS NEEDS TO BE FIXED. A ref losses sight because the puck is in the net????? That should be able to be replayed if the whistle is blown because sight of the puck was lost for that reason.
The refs have never been on the Preds side late in the 3rd period against the Wings. Prove me wrong.
The only bitter person is you the redwings fan on a preds board feeling the need to even say anything. Worry about your team hoss.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
NHL Tonight

Before the commercial break before this one... just after talking about Florida/New Jersey "When we come back we'll take you to the Joe Louis Arena".

Came back from commercial break... more clips of Florida and New Jersey.

When they come back from this one... clips of all series

**** off, NHL Network. If you don't talk about the Nashville game I'm going to write you a nasty letter
Dude, I totally know and feel the same way. My wife sort of likes hockey and the other night I was like "Honey come quick they are going to show the Preds/Wings game highlights!" and what happens, just a bunch of clips from the other series and then finally the Preds/Wings last.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

if you don't think the red wings get the benefit of the doubt on the gray areas with lidstrom as captain then I can't help you...

not to mention the wings are notorious for the subtle interference/ pick bs.. the whole NHL knows it. they have just mastered an illegal play, kudos

Old
04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
The intent to blow the whistle rule is total nonsense. Pretty soon they'll be penalizing players for stuff that happens "after the play ends" as defined by "when I intended to blow my whistle". I think in general the refs just use the "intent to blow" thing to cover their ass, as it's not reviewable and cannot be questioned by anyone. Jerks.

Both teams have been screwed by the refs at various points in this series. Refs have been screwing teams and/or generally losing all control of the game across the entire playoffs. It's pretty bizarre to watch.
As a wings fan, with the exclamation point on the past 3 playoff seasons now, the wings have seemed to get the short end of the stick.

I think it evened out in this series. I think there were periods in games 1, 2, and 3 where it seemed like the wings were just getting whole bunches of penalties in a row. But game 4 tonight the refs tried to give the wings every opportunity.

As a whole, The refing both ways in this series has been godawful.

But in the past 2 years for the wings, playing against SJ, holy cow did we get raw deals? I swear to god SJ had a 5 on 3 in almost every game. It was absurd. It would be a never ending path to the penalty box 1 and 2 at a time...it was ludicrous.

But, you are right that it seems most of the coaches have been complaining a great deal about the refs.

I flipped briefly to the CHI game just as Hossa got annhilated and had to be carted off, and NONE OF THE REFS SAW THAT! How do 4 people miss that hit? And did you hear Quenville go off on camera when asked about it? He'll probably be fined.

Just ridiculous referreeing. This can't be the best refs in the world, no way. Pathetic if it is.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
WingsFan734

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
if you don't think the red wings get the benefit of the doubt on the gray areas with lidstrom as captain then I can't help you...

not to mention the wings are notorious for the subtle interference/ pick bs.. the whole NHL knows it. they have just mastered an illegal play, kudos
LOL

Lids does get breaks sometimes...can't disagree with that.

But dude, EVERY TEAM runs interference. Your team ran interference plenty tonight! So, that's a moot point.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:55 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Don't feed the trolls, people.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:01 PM
WingsFan734

Goodnight all good hockey chatting. Good luck Friday. If you win the series, I'm pulling for you to go deep and beat some of our other rivals.

If we win, the series is back on. Have a real hard time believing the wings will drop 3 home games...but nobody believed the earth wasn't the center of the universe either...

Old
04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Shot total not withstanding, I don't think Pekka had to be all that great. DRW was pouring it on from all angles like we knew they would, but a lot of low quality stuff tallied in.

I'm not going to whine about the officiating because we won, but--sheesh.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:25 PM
braindead

Can I just get a woot for Marty Erat going into beast mode in the 3rd period?

Old
04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Chillwavin

Pekka Rinne is a god damned animal.

Old
04-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post

It is definitely a controversial rule, but it has been around for years, and nearly every team has suffered from it on numerous occasions. Had the situations been reversed, none of us would lose sleep over the Wings having a goal taken away. It's part of the game, and the best way to deal with it is EXACTLY what our boys did right after the goal was called off, burying one that can't be.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
It is definitely a controversial rule, but it has been around for years, and nearly every team has suffered from it on numerous occasions. Had the situations been reversed, none of us would lose sleep over the Wings having a goal taken away. It's part of the game, and the best way to deal with it is EXACTLY what our boys did right after the goal was called off, burying one that can't be.
This one was a bit different than most other intent to blow calls. Like the Brad May no goal, the initial shot went right in well before the ref even thought about calling the play dead. I wish there was a replay though, haven't been able to find one.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:16 AM
predfan24

I have to wonder if the Preds going into a defensive shell against the Wings is deliberate strategy by Trotz. Unlike Detroit which makes moving through the neutral zone tough and stands up their blueline we seem to just give up the blue line and the neutral zone allow them to waltz in while keeping them to the outside and force them to make low percentage shots and passes. The stuff that has got through Rinne has stood tall. Then the Preds have just sat back waiting for Detroit to make a mistake and then they try to capitalize which they have.

Obviously this strategy has worked but it scares the crap out of me. Even low percentage plays are going to work out if they are tried over and over again. I think we have got a little lucky and quite honestly hope we can get past Detroit and not have to worry about going into this shell against the remaining teams assuming Vancouver goes down.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
This one was a bit different than most other intent to blow calls. Like the Brad May no goal, the initial shot went right in well before the ref even thought about calling the play dead. I wish there was a replay though, haven't been able to find one.
True enough. It's a tough spot for the refs, and they get it right most of the time, but human nature dictates they'll botch one here and there. Even if the Red Wings had won that game, it shouldn't be something that's thrown out as the reason for the result. Thankfully, the boys kept their poise and came up big.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I have to wonder if the Preds going into a defensive shell against the Wings is deliberate strategy by Trotz. Unlike Detroit which makes moving through the neutral zone tough and stands up their blueline we seem to just give up the blue line and the neutral zone allow them to waltz in while keeping them to the outside and force them to make low percentage shots and passes. The stuff that has got through Rinne has stood tall. Then the Preds have just sat back waiting for Detroit to make a mistake and then they try to capitalize which they have.

Obviously this strategy has worked but it scares the crap out of me. Even low percentage plays are going to work out if they are tried over and over again. I think we have got a little lucky and quite honestly hope we can get past Detroit and not have to worry about going into this shell against the remaining teams assuming Vancouver goes down.
Maybe the whole thing wasn't by design, but we knew Detroit was going to come out hungry, and it wouldn't make much sense to try to fight a puck possession team in a puck possession game, on their turf. Would like to have seen a little more push in periods 1 and 2, but honestly, a real solid road effort and strategy.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:39 AM
wadesworld

Babcock says we can't keep winning like that. He says you can't keep having the puck that long in the offensive zone and still get beat.

No problem Mike. We'll control the puck on Friday and beat you that way instead.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
True enough. It's a tough spot for the refs, and they get it right most of the time, but human nature dictates they'll botch one here and there. Even if the Red Wings had won that game, it shouldn't be something that's thrown out as the reason for the result. Thankfully, the boys kept their poise and came up big.
Yeah I'm not blaming the refs at all for that. I blame the system. There should be a fail-safe in place for situations like this.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Babcock says we can't keep winning like that. He says you can't keep having the puck that long in the offensive zone and still get beat.

No problem Mike. We'll control the puck on Friday and beat you that way instead.
While there is some trurth to that, Babcock is just a winning ******. Just say you felt good about how your team played and think the results will come, not slamming the Preds.

Would love to see the guy get a puck in the face-- it may actually add some symmetry to it. A win-win situation.

I thought Trotz handled the no-goal well (I wouldn't have had the composure). But instead of whining like Babcock, just take it and move on. Scored a few seconds later.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:28 AM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post

Amen!

I reached a 1/4 mile of posts on a great hockey night. Go Preds!

Old
04-18-2012, 01:42 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Thread closed. Take talk to the series thread.

Closed Thread