HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brandon Dubinsky to Edmonton

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  #26
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
I wish I followed the Rangers more than I do, because I love the way the team is built, so I have to ask who your best penalty killer is?
Callahan or Boyle.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
  #27
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,519
vCash: 500
And the terrible "Dubinsky to Edmonton" threads will start to rear their ugly heads again.

All we need is the one guy that floods these threads saying how Gagner is amazing and that we should be honored to have the opportunity to trade for him and it's officially a Ranger/Oiler ****show thread.

On a more serious note, love the way Dubinsky has played in this series. He's been flying, he's been involved, he's been physical, and he's shown a ton of emotion. He wants so badly just to contribute offensively, nevermind be a hero. I wouldn't look to move him unless it's for a considerable upgrade offensively.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:58 PM
  #28
Pointteen
Registered User
 
Pointteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
And the terrible "Dubinsky to Edmonton" threads will start to rear their ugly heads again.

All we need is the one guy that floods these threads saying how Gagner is amazing and that we should be honored to have the opportunity to trade for him and it's officially a Ranger/Oiler ****show thread.

On a more serious note, love the way Dubinsky has played in this series. He's been flying, he's been involved, he's been physical, and he's shown a ton of emotion. He wants so badly just to contribute offensively, nevermind be a hero. I wouldn't look to move him unless it's for a considerable upgrade offensively.
He has. If you guys signed one of the solid top forward UFAs or snag Rick Nash, does that make a much more 'future' deal? I guess I'm not ready to give up on the opportunity to snag what seems like a perfect fit.

Gagner, while not the second coming of his father is still a legitimate player with room to improve. He improves on everything he was strongly lacking in the season before. This offseason he said he was going to improve his consistency. I believe that he will.
That being said I don't see him as what should be the centrepiece in a trade for anyone except for a defender.

Pointteen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 10:34 PM
  #29
BPD
Registered User
 
BPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
minus your 1st, add Girardi and we'll talk turkeys my friend.
Add Girardi and we're talking Hall. At this point in time, Girardi is worth MULTIPLE first round talents (and not Gagner/Paajarvi first round talents either)

BPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:42 PM
  #30
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,324
vCash: 567
Dubinsky + for Ryane Clowe?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:15 AM
  #31
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Dubinsky + for Ryane Clowe?
What's the +?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
  #32
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,270
vCash: 50
If Dubinsky gets traded in the off season (and I'm pretty sure he will be) He'll be packaged in a deal to bring in a big time player. He might still end up in EDM but the return will be one of the pieces you said wasn't available. (i think 1st overall)

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
  #33
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,324
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
What's the +?
I'm trying to think. Clowe's cheaper for another year, but he's a UFA after next season, but he's also not the type of guy that would test free agency. What would you be willing to give up?

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:56 AM
  #34
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,916
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
I wish I followed the Rangers more than I do, because I love the way the team is built, so I have to ask who your best penalty killer is?
Our best penalty killers are Callahan and Prust.

Our best defensive center is Brian Boyle.

Dubinsky was our leading scorer last season, but he completely lost his touch somehow this season. I expect he will be moved if the Rangers sign a LW, or as part of a deal for a goal scoring LW.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  #35
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
If Dubinsky gets traded in the off season (and I'm pretty sure he will be) He'll be packaged in a deal to bring in a big time player. He might still end up in EDM but the return will be one of the pieces you said wasn't available. (i think 1st overall)
Yes and no. If the Rangers land Parise (I don't think they will) the Dubi would be dealt for picks/prospects because they will need the cap space.

If they miss on Parise, they might revisit the Nash deal in which case, Dubi looks likely to be in any package.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:20 AM
  #36
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,800
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I'm trying to think. Clowe's cheaper for another year, but he's a UFA after next season, but he's also not the type of guy that would test free agency. What would you be willing to give up?
Would the Sharks be looking for? Their needs?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:44 PM
  #37
Koekkoek4U
Anthony Eclair
 
Koekkoek4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Would the Sharks be looking for? Their needs?

Better goalie and a sniper.

They're probably open to getting rid of a Dman thats worth alot for a good deal. Theyd probably be okay with something like

Del Zotto, Erixon, and Dubi
For
Clowe/Pavelski and Burns

I would not like this deal. I don't want the Rangers negotiating with San Jose because I feel like they'd damage our team.

The only deal i may be okay with is something around Dubi for Pavelski.

Koekkoek4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
  #38
ManByng
Moroz fan
 
ManByng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
No, Dubinsky is definitely available, and is the likeliest Ranger to be traded this summer. It just won't be in a move for scraps like Gagner. The Rangers need a top six scoring LW, and they will look to package Dubinsky, some of their prospects, possibly one of their defenseman, and possibly a first round pick to acquire one.
LOL...yes Dubinsky being the superstar that he is and Gagner the AHL'er that he is.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
  #39
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,298
vCash: 500
I get that Rangers fans don't want to downgrade when trading Dubi, but they should realize that no one ever wants to downgrade. Why would SJ want to downgrade from Pavs to Dubi or Edm from Hall/Yakapov to Dubi, even if you add some filler? Hint: they wouldn't.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  #40
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I get that Rangers fans don't want to downgrade when trading Dubi, but they should realize that no one ever wants to downgrade. Why would SJ want to downgrade from Pavs to Dubi or Edm from Hall/Yakapov to Dubi, even if you add some filler? Hint: they wouldn't.
Not really sure how you call Dan Girardi, an all star two way dman a filler? Especially when added to Dubinsky who has consistently proven to be a 50pt 2 way forward who can play any position. The reason they would down grade would be to fill other holes in their organization.

Besides that the offer wouldnt just be Dubinsky, and not sure how you can call the players that we would add to the deal to be fillers..

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:12 PM
  #41
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,324
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Would the Sharks be looking for? Their needs?
Quality third-liner, or young winger prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhenrikthegr819 View Post
Better goalie and a sniper.

They're probably open to getting rid of a Dman thats worth alot for a good deal. Theyd probably be okay with something like

Del Zotto, Erixon, and Dubi
For
Clowe/Pavelski and Burns

I would not like this deal. I don't want the Rangers negotiating with San Jose because I feel like they'd damage our team.

The only deal i may be okay with is something around Dubi for Pavelski.
No way in hell we "get rid of" Burns. He's been stellar in the playoffs.

If you want Pavelski, the plus in Dubinsky + is going to be very significant. Pavelski is a much, much better player than Clowe. He's selke-like defensively, PK#1, PP#1, top EVTOI, can be a goal-scorer or a playmaker depending on what the team needs, basically our best all-around player. Swiss-army knife. The only thing Clowe has on Pavelski is physicality, but Pavelski is a better net-front presence.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
  #42
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
LOL...yes Dubinsky being the superstar that he is and Gagner the AHL'er that he is.
Its more to the point that although they are similiar in pts, Dubinsky brings A LOT more to the table than Gagner with his PKing, two way play, physicality, and board work. Hes not the piece we are looking for or want. We have better centers on our roster than Gagner.

Lets not forget that a Oiler fan started this thread not a rangers fan.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:43 PM
  #43
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Not really sure how you call Dan Girardi, an all star two way dman a filler? Especially when added to Dubinsky who has consistently proven to be a 50pt 2 way forward who can play any position. The reason they would down grade would be to fill other holes in their organization.

Besides that the offer wouldnt just be Dubinsky, and not sure how you can call the players that we would add to the deal to be fillers..
Its all relative. Girardi had a great first half this year and is a good player but even when added to Dubi he isn't worth a 1st overall, potential franchise forward.

Then there are deals like the proposed sharks one. Burns >>> MDZ and Seto >>> Dubi so they add Erixon. Erixon is a good prospect but he has shown he has attitude problems and he wouldn't have much value when a team wouldn't know if he wants to play there.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:49 PM
  #44
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
LOL...yes Dubinsky being the superstar that he is and Gagner the AHL'er that he is.
I'm not sure what is so funny. I'm tired of Dubinsky and his inconsistency, his indecisiveness, and his inability to settle into a niche in this league. He's overpaid, and the biggest weak link on the Rangers. Frankly, I'm really looking forward to seeing him traded.

And yet he's a significantly superior player to Gagner. The Rangers have absolutely no need for Gagner, and I'm not sure why any top team would. He has most of Dubinsky's flaws offensively, while being a far more average player away from the puck.

There's a reason most proposals that Oiler fans start include Gagner. Contrary to the belief you all keep trying to propagate, it isn't because Gagner has very much value. It's because he's a very mediocre player. If Gagner is on your second line, you have a weak second line. And he doesn't bring the sort of qualities that I'd ideally like to see on my third line. He's not good enough offensively to be a top six forward, he's not good enough defensively to be a linchpin on a great checking line. What role does he fill where he's superior to most of his peers around the league in that role? As far as I can tell, none. But then again, he's been a massively overrated player since his days in London.

The key to success in this league is to build a team where in every spot, you've got a guy who is better than the guys most other teams have in the same. Adhering to that philosophy generally means avoiding mediocre tweeners like Gagner. Edmonton has a bright future, at least up front. Gagner isn't going to be a very big part of it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
  #45
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,430
vCash: 500
The only way I could see a realistic deal with Edmonton happening would be if the Rangers needed to dump salary for a trade, or because they wanted to throw money at Parise. There really isn't a NHL trade to be had.

IF the Rangers need to dump salary, I could see something like Dubinsky for Marincin and Edmonton's 2nd this year. However, I'd think we could do better than futures elsewhere.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:29 PM
  #46
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,767
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

IF the Rangers need to dump salary, I could see something like Dubinsky for Marincin and Edmonton's 2nd this year. However, I'd think we could do better than futures elsewhere.
because Edmonton have the worst prospect pool in the league?

I am a fan of Dubinsky, I am, I like the potential of Marincin so it would be hard for me to trade him too though.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
  #47
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Its all relative. Girardi had a great first half this year and is a good player but even when added to Dubi he isn't worth a 1st overall, potential franchise forward.

Then there are deals like the proposed sharks one. Burns >>> MDZ and Seto >>> Dubi so they add Erixon. Erixon is a good prospect but he has shown he has attitude problems and he wouldn't have much value when a team wouldn't know if he wants to play there.
What do you mean its all relative, we didnt say that they would be worth the 1st overall POTENTIAL franchise forward, but what you dont seem to understand is that he is consistently that good. If you think otherwise then you obviously dont watch the rangers. Girardi would be the 1st step taken by the oilers to actually start building a relative defense and would anchor your dcorps for years to come. You have no defense, and you can talk about your prospects but thats all they are, are prospects..

I didnt say anything about the sharks proposal. I know its lopsided but regardless the rangers wont do anything thats going to shake the foundation of our core since we are in 1st.

Burns and MDZ is alot closer than you think.. and Seto is NOT better than Dubi.

Besides that Erixon is a cant miss prospect on defense. He is compared to the likes of Mcdonagh. When he came up he played very well for us on the 3rd pair. He just needs to add strength which he will do in the offseason and he has the potential to be a 1st pairing defenseman. The kid doesnt have attitude problems, just because he didnt want to play for the Flames doesnt mean that. Look at Shultz, does he have attitude problems because he doesnt want to sign with the Ducks?

Im in no way saying you have to do any deal but to say that Girardi and Dubinsky wouldnt get you to start thinking about giving up the 1st or one of your many snipers is a lie.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM
  #48
Chalfdiggity3
Registered User
 
Chalfdiggity3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I'm not sure what is so funny. I'm tired of Dubinsky and his inconsistency, his indecisiveness, and his inability to settle into a niche in this league. He's overpaid, and the biggest weak link on the Rangers. Frankly, I'm really looking forward to seeing him traded.

And yet he's a significantly superior player to Gagner. The Rangers have absolutely no need for Gagner, and I'm not sure why any top team would. He has most of Dubinsky's flaws offensively, while being a far more average player away from the puck.

There's a reason most proposals that Oiler fans start include Gagner. Contrary to the belief you all keep trying to propagate, it isn't because Gagner has very much value. It's because he's a very mediocre player. If Gagner is on your second line, you have a weak second line. And he doesn't bring the sort of qualities that I'd ideally like to see on my third line. He's not good enough offensively to be a top six forward, he's not good enough defensively to be a linchpin on a great checking line. What role does he fill where he's superior to most of his peers around the league in that role? As far as I can tell, none. But then again, he's been a massively overrated player since his days in London.

The key to success in this league is to build a team where in every spot, you've got a guy who is better than the guys most other teams have in the same. Adhering to that philosophy generally means avoiding mediocre tweeners like Gagner. Edmonton has a bright future, at least up front. Gagner isn't going to be a very big part of it.
Thank you! this times 100. This is why everyone wants Dubinsky from us. While i agree he will be the 1st to go for us if we make a deal but everyone needs to calm down we arent going to trade him for the sake of making a trade. Nobody interests us from the Oilers unless your giving up one of your top snipers or the #1 overall. Then you can ask for Dubinsky ++ but other than that, no1 else on your team interests us. If we make a trade it will be an upgrade with other pieces going with dubinsky in that upgrade.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
  #49
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
I get that Rangers fans don't want to downgrade when trading Dubi, but they should realize that no one ever wants to downgrade. Why would SJ want to downgrade from Pavs to Dubi or Edm from Hall/Yakapov to Dubi, even if you add some filler? Hint: they wouldn't.
The deals for the 1st are all predicated around Girardi +, not Dubi +.
Dubi is just one variant to get to such a combo,

Girardi, an all star D, all by himself is worth a very, very high 1st close to if not 1st overall.

UNARGUABLY, as a matter of logic, his value is increased if it is to a team starving for D.


However, the question is there a best combo that's win win for both sides.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
  #50
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
....
If you want Pavelski, the plus in Dubinsky + is going to be very significant. Pavelski is a much, much better player than Clowe. He's selke-like defensively, PK#1, PP#1, top EVTOI, can be a goal-scorer or a playmaker depending on what the team needs, basically our best all-around player. Swiss-army knife. The only thing Clowe has on Pavelski is physicality, but Pavelski is a better net-front presence.

What about Girardi + Dubi + Rangers 2012 1st

for

Clowe + Pavelski + Sharks 2012 1st?

You keep Burns, add a D, and get a workhorse

We get another Prust like guy in Clowe and a talent upgrade in Pavelski,

picks even it out.....

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.