HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Habs looking for a 25-30 pick what would you want

Old
04-17-2012, 02:27 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
Are you completely dense or what ? Tinordi was drafted 22nd overall two years ago and his stock has been going nowhere but up since then. He is worth more than a 25-30th overall pick in this years draft by himself. AND we have to add a 2nd to get the precious Rangers pick ? Does it come with the ****ing Liberty statue or something ?
And so what DOES Montreal have to offer that's worthy of a 1st rounder AND they're willing to part with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Are you aware the Habs' 2nd you asked for in your original proposal along with Tinordi is 33rd overall?

So Tinordi + 33rd overall for a 25-30th + 89th. What a steal for the Habs!
You're right, Tinordi straight up for the pick would have been a more fair offer. I guess as a Ranger fan I've gotten used to the idea of the Rangers ripping off Montreal.

I tell you what, Redden and the Ranger's first for Tinordi and the 2nd? That better?

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Lots of solid blueliners in this draft and it's not weak. Last year was considered weak.

You can not like it, but what really do you plan on giving up to land a 1st rounder? IMO, that's what it takes to get the Ranger's.

Use your brain, you don't want to move a prospect and the vets you will move aren't worthy, so what then?
So you would give up McIlraith and a 2nd to get into the 22-30 range? If yes, let me know and I can promise a way to get it arranged!!! Talk about using your brain...

Tinordi is the only huge, physical, defensive d-man with size, physicality and the ability to fight and move the puck in Montrel's system. He was the best US defenceman on the team at the World Juniors. His stock has only gone up since we drafted him. Most Habs fans wouldn't trade him for a pick in the 5-10 range because he brings exactly the defensive dimensions we desperately need.

"Using your brain" would mean understanding both teams' needs before tossing a random offer that involved no thought beyond "how can I rip off another team to get one of their best prospects while offering minimal value in return".

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You can have Phoenix's 1st. Our 2nd, too. We just want Tomas Plekanec. That's all.

What could we add to make that happen? Hmm...hmm...?
An NHL ready player coming back that's good but obviously not plekanec or else it's a one or one

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Rschmitz

I would want tinordi or bealiveu for detroits 1st. We need defensive prospects. If we were to trade down, it would obviously depend on who was available at the pick, we arent going to do montreal any favors, so dealing back a dozen picks and missing out on somebody we targeted would need to come with some incentive.

Rschmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
I would want tinordi or bealiveu for detroits 1st. We need defensive prospects. If we were to trade down, it would obviously depend on who was available at the pick, we arent going to do montreal any favors, so dealing back a dozen picks and missing out on somebody we targeted would need to come with some incentive.
The problem is that nobody in the range where your pick would be is worth either player. So, no deal would be done. No harm, no foul.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
And so what DOES Montreal have to offer that's worthy of a 1st rounder AND they're willing to part with?

You're right, Tinordi straight up for the pick would have been a more fair offer. I guess as a Ranger fan I've gotten used to the idea of the Rangers ripping off Montreal.

I tell you what, Redden and the Ranger's first for Tinordi and the 2nd? That better?
Rangers 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Kaberle.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:21 PM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
If Habs would be looking to get their hands on a 25-30 pick what would you want in return?
willing to gamble??

how about bostons first this year, for montreals first next year.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 09:32 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb_fan View Post
willing to gamble??

how about bostons first this year, for montreals first next year.
This isn't even a gamble. It's just stupid. If montreal wins the cup its still bad as next year's draft is better.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Im interrested to know which player you are looking to draft with this.

Malcom Subban?

he is a possible candidate
but I'm also interestded in Tom Wilson and Michael Mattheson
with a 25 to 30, a 33 and Nashvilles second we might be able to scoop up all 3

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschmitz View Post
yeah well there's no way in ****ing hell your late first gets you either of the two best habs D prospects not in the NHL

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Prussian_Blue

St. Louis' first and Chris Stewart for the return of Lars Eller, prospect Mac Bennett, and Montreal's second round pick this year.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Baba Booey
Rookie User

Erik cole is the only guy on Montreal besides Price that I would want. And , although The sens need to get bigger up front, I dont think hes worth the pick of a rebuilding franchise.

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
St. Louis' first and Chris Stewart for the return of Lars Eller, prospect Mac Bennett, and Montreal's second round pick this year.
Interesting, but I personally would not want to send Eller back.
STL 1st
Stewart
for
Kristo
Bennett
NSH 2012 2nd

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:49 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Rangers 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Kaberle.
Kaberle doesn't crack the Ranger's top6. Last time he was dealt it was as a salary dump. Carolina made the mistake of signing him to a bad contract and Montreal was willing to take it. Sounds kind of familial except this time they didn't give up a solid prospect too.

You might as well as said Markov and his average 10 games a year because that's about as many as Kaberle would see in the Ranger's lineup.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Kaberle doesn't crack the Ranger's top6. Last time he was dealt it was as a salary dump. Carolina made the mistake of signing him to a bad contract and Montreal was willing to take it. Sounds kind of familial except this time they didn't give up a solid prospect too.

You might as well as said Markov and his average 10 games a year because that's about as many as Kaberle would see in the Ranger's lineup.
I'm sure you have something better and more constructive to do than trolling this Habs-related thread. Though I have to admit you're doing a pretty decent job at it.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
I like this one.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
boredmale

for 28-30th

33rd and a 4th round pick

for 25-27

33rd and a 3rd

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claimed Off Waivers View Post
I like this one.
While the value seems decent, I'd prefer holing onto Eller. The point of getting Stewart would be to have him play with Eller, IMO.

But props to you Prussian for mentioning Bennett who most people including Habs fans don't know very well. Very intriguing prospect who just had a breakout NCAA year. Many see him as a successful NHL PMD, but it'll take another 2-3 years easily.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
for 28-30th

33rd and a 4th round pick

for 25-27

33rd and a 3rd
Seems in the ballpark, but as I've stated earlier (along with many others), this type of move is directly contingent on who Timmins sees falling in the late 1st round and, obviously, that he really likes.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:30 PM
PATCHESx67

Quote:
Tinordi & 2nd

for

Rangers 1st and 3rd.
genius offer right there,we give up Tinordi to move up 5/6 spots

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:32 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Seems in the ballpark, but as I've stated earlier (along with many others), this type of move is directly contingent on who Timmins sees falling in the late 1st round and, obviously, that he really likes.
For comparison sake, in 2010 the Islanders traded the 35th and 58th to Chicago for the 30th

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i didn't start the thread, and 25 y.o top 4 dmen on their team who are among the league leader in hits are worth more than late first round picks. facts are your friend
He turns 26 in a few days and hits aren't a real stat my friend they are subjective to the arena where the game occurs and are not accurate whatsoever. I wouldnt trade a 1st for a 26 year old With no offensive game whatsoever, I'd prefer a more well rounded defenseman for a very valuable 1st round pick.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
He turns 26 in a few days and hits aren't a real stat my friend they are subjective to the arena where the game occurs and are not accurate whatsoever. I wouldnt trade a 1st for a 26 year old With no offensive game whatsoever, I'd prefer a more well rounded defenseman for a very valuable 1st round pick.
Are you talking about Emelin here? Because this comment can't be written by someone who has actually watched him play more than a couple of times.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
so are shots.

all NHL rinks are the same. Hits can be counted, and even if they were generous in Montreal, they would be less genourous in Toronto and they pretty much even out.

And in terms of need. Montreal is seriously short on dmen with physicality. so why give one up? unless they were really high on whatever prospect were available at that choice. But again, NHL dmen are whats needed in MTL

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Crazy offer that Montreal would jump on.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote