HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What should Calgary do this offseason and on Draft day?

Old
04-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Go Wings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I realize your post is sarcasm, but...

Yakupov is going to be marginally better than Baertschi, and you think the difference between then is two proven top-two defensemen, a potential top-six center and a top-15 pick?

You can keep Yakupov, he's not worth that much.
Says who?????

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Says who?????
Can go either way. Just because he is 1st overall doesn't mean he will live up to the hype. Also, Baertschi could also do the same. Yes he came up and played fantastic on the 3rd line with 2 plumbers but full time next year he might be overrated.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Trade Kipper to someone like Tampa or Columbus for a 2nd rounder and a decent prospect.

Keep Iginla for the deadline or next summer.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:33 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
perhaps then they are worried about their jobs if they trade their star players and start a rebuild? from my point of view up here, though it's been painful, the kids are fun to watch and there should be a huge payoff in the next few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Heard that a few years ago. There is no no no NO doubt that these kids have talent. Will they be surrounded by a good D-core and Goalie????
a few years ago, Hall and Eberle were just getting started in the NHL, and RNH was still in junior. the Oilers REAL rebuild also started the year Hall was drafted, so if you heard this a few years ago, i honestly don't know what they were thinking. unfortunately, the BPA the last few drafts have been forwards so we took'em. whatcha gonna do? the Oilers have drafted several potential good d-men, especially Klefbom, Musil and Marincin, but they will take time to develop as will WHL goalie of the year, Tyler Bunz. we live in an instant world, but rebuilds often take time and, unfortunately, it will take time for the Oilers to solve their defensive and goaltending woes.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Johnny Bravo
Avi until he's fired

Quote:
Says who?????
Probably most of the scouts in the leaugue. If you honestly think Sven will be better than Nail.... Well you probably haven't seen the kid play. I'm not saying sven is bad, but comparing him to yakupov is pretty far fetched right now.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Trade Kipper to someone like Tampa or Columbus for a 2nd rounder and a decent prospect.

Kipper is worth more than a "2nd and a decent prospect".

Iginla is a free agent next summer.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
Probably most of the scouts in the leaugue. If you honestly think Sven will be better than Nail.... Well you probably haven't seen the kid play. I'm not saying sven is bad, but comparing him to yakupov is pretty far fetched right now.
Sven is easily better than Yakupov right now. It's not even remotely close. Yakupov has the higher ceiling and is better than Sven was at the same age, but certainly not right now.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
9GWG9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenBartschi27 View Post
That is extremely embarrassing you have been rebuilding for the last half decade and still cant get out of the top ten I would probably pull a Heatley if I was Yakupov good luck Nail !
And 2 first round exits in the last half of decade is anymore attractive. You think Sven should have went first overall as well don't you?

9GWG9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsgotTigerBlood View Post
Oh I totally agree that Yakupov will be better then Sven. What I was questioning was that the poster said he was only going to be marginally better then Bartschi which I think is wrong. I've seen Yakupov play he's going to be a great player. Sven will be a good player.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Oh I totally agree that Yakupov will be better then Sven. What I was questioning was that the poster said he was only going to be marginally better then Bartschi which I think is wrong. I've seen Yakupov play he's going to be a great player. Sven will be a good player.
Difference of opinion then. I agree Yakupov will be the better player, but for offensive contribution, the difference, IN MY OPINION, will be little between the two. I've seen both play. Yakupov seems like the more complete player, but Baertschi has just as good offensive instincts. Yakupov needs to keep his head up more though... he's gonna get creamed one day playing like that.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:56 PM
trentmccleary

Trade Iginla and Kipper for the all of the picks you guys have burned the past 8 years. Then tank like you've never tanked before.

It's a bad team with an old core. Nothing good will come of trying to prop it up or keep it together.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Devonator

Calgary fans, tell me this....

As a Flyer fan, we need a goalie....but if we were to take on Kipper we would have to return to you Byrz and his awful contract.....

With that in mind, obviously the Flyers are going to have to sweeten the pot.....Would Bryz, JVR, A 1st round pick and a middle prospect like Nick Cousins get it done?

I think Bryz could return to form in a less pressurized enviornment like Philly where we are going to be gunning for the Cup for the next many years.....in Calgary, where you guys would be rebuilding, Bryz hopefully would return to what he was in Phoenix....

Also you guys get JVR and Cousins and a First...

Is that doable?

Devonator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Sven is easily better than Yakupov right now. It's not even remotely close. Yakupov has the higher ceiling and is better than Sven was at the same age, but certainly not right now.
sven has drive, alot of it. his coach has to tell him to get off the ice cause hes there way after practice is over. but then again its kinda a wait and see situtation

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Devilspuppet666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonator View Post

As a Flyer fan, we need a goalie....but if we were to take on Kipper we would have to return to you Byrz and his awful contract.....

With that in mind, obviously the Flyers are going to have to sweeten the pot.....Would Bryz, JVR, A 1st round pick and a middle prospect like Nick Cousins get it done?

I think Bryz could return to form in a less pressurized enviornment like Philly where we are going to be gunning for the Cup for the next many years.....in Calgary, where you guys would be rebuilding, Bryz hopefully would return to what he was in Phoenix....

Is that doable?
this is basicly what me and my friend (a flyer fan) were talking about i think it would be an interesting conversation between homer and feaster

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
GototheFlamestotheGo

Quote:

Is that doable?
CAL:
Kipper

PHILLY:
Bryz
JVR
Middle Prospect
1st Round Pick

Done! Where do we sign?

GototheFlamestotheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GototheFlamestotheGo View Post
CAL:
Kipper

PHILLY:
Bryz
JVR
Middle Prospect
1st Round Pick

Done! Where do we sign?
I have the pen ready to sign

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
Kipper is worth more than a "2nd and a decent prospect".

Iginla is a free agent next summer.
I think Viper is on the right track. Moving Kipper for a pick (maybe a late 1st) and a prospect, frees up cap space, opens the door for youth as well.

Iginla's value would go up as well as a deadline deal, maximizing the return. Calgary could also move Cammalleri and even J-Bo. Calgary may not have a great prospect pool now, but in two seasons, they will look very good.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Devonator

Well we seem to have an accord here.....Bryz, JVR, Nick Cousins (middle prospect) and our First round pick from this current year....

For Kipper!!!

Philly finally gets an all world goalie that has a couple of good seasons left and you guys get a young Stud forward in JVR plus the first and Cousins and Bryz who I would guess would return to form under less pressure in Calgary.

Now, lets just convince our respective managements!!!

Old
04-19-2012, 06:33 PM
GototheFlamestotheGo

Quote:
Well we seem to have an accord here.....Bryz, JVR, Nick Cousins (middle prospect) and our First round pick from this current year....

For Kipper!!!

Philly finally gets an all world goalie that has a couple of good seasons left and you guys get a young Stud forward in JVR plus the first and Cousins and Bryz who I would guess would return to form under less pressure in Calgary.

Now, lets just convince our respective managements!!!
Sounds good to me! If Calgary can net a return like this, then I see no reason not to trade Kiprusoff. Really good value for Calgary to build forward on and if there is any goalie in the league who can stand up to the pressure cooker that is Philly, it is Kipper.

Risk wise, looking at Philly's depth, I think Calgary takes the most with Bryz possibly becoming a real liability. But getting JVR, a 1st and a prospect is too good to pass up.

The actual chance of a trade like this happening are pretty slim but dare to dream, right?

GototheFlamestotheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GototheFlamestotheGo View Post
Sounds good to me! If Calgary can net a return like this, then I see no reason not to trade Kiprusoff. Really good value for Calgary to build forward on and if there is any goalie in the league who can stand up to the pressure cooker that is Philly, it is Kipper.

Risk wise, looking at Philly's depth, I think Calgary takes the most with Bryz possibly becoming a real liability. But getting JVR, a 1st and a prospect is too good to pass up.

The actual chance of a trade like this happening are pretty slim but dare to dream, right?
Well as a die hard Flyer fan, I like this trade....we get rid of Byrz and replace him with a proven playoff performer like Kipper....and you guys get JVR and some potential other prospects.....

I am not getting such good feedback from my fellow Flyer fans though on the Flyer page....but we need a goalie....if Bryz continues
to Flub his way through these playoffs, it proves that he cannot handle the pressure....we have everything in place in Philly but goaltending.....

This is a win win for both sides.....

Old
04-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Well as a die hard Flyer fan, I like this trade....we get rid of Byrz and replace him with a proven playoff performer like Kipper....and you guys get JVR and some potential other prospects.....

I am not getting such good feedback from my fellow Flyer fans though on the Flyer page....but we need a goalie....if Bryz continues
to Flub his way through these playoffs, it proves that he cannot handle the pressure....we have everything in place in Philly but goaltending.....

This is a win win for both sides.....
He flubbed in Phoenix, too.

Bryz is good enough to keep the Flames from finishing last, but not good enough to make up for their short comings to make them a playoff team...

They could get a first and a prospect (depending on the first and prospect) for Kipper and a good, young roster player + pick(s)/prospect(s) for Iginla.

You can't get anything worth much value for Bouwmeester.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He flubbed in Phoenix, too.

Bryz is good enough to keep the Flames from finishing last, but not good enough to make up for their short comings to make them a playoff team...

They could get a first and a prospect (depending on the first and prospect) for Kipper and a good, young roster player + pick(s)/prospect(s) for Iginla.

You can't get anything worth much value for Bouwmeester.
Granted Bryz wasn't great last year in the playoffs for the coyotes but he was rock solid in the regular season and going back to the Ducks, he was an excellent goalie....I think with the pressure off, he can thrive.......in Calgary, he would be part of a rebuilding team for the next few seasons and not have all that pressure on him.....

I agree Kipper will get you a decent player and prospect but in JVR you know exactly what you are getting and adding Nick Cousins and a First from whatever year Calgary would prefer would potentially add a couple of more decent prospects to their pool.....

As for Iggy, we do not need him remotely on the Flyers...our forwards are some of the best in the league....we need a goalie....and Calgary has one of the best albeit he will be 36 next season...but to me, it is worth it....

Old
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
nik-

I wouldn't do that deal as the Flames, you'd need a prettier ribbon than that if you're tying it to Bryz.

9 years of Bryz is a disaster.

nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Devonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I wouldn't do that deal as the Flames, you'd need a prettier ribbon than that if you're tying it to Bryz.

9 years of Bryz is a disaster.
8 years after these playoffs.....obviously were not going to sweeten anymore then that.....

Old
04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Haatley

its really pathetic hearing about how far off the flames are from winning and how badly they need to blow the team up.

the fact of the matter is, the flames had 16 ot/shoot out losses last year. if they win half of those, all of a sudden they're in 7th spot in the west. the year before, if they won half of the ot/shoot outs they lost, they jump from 9th to 4th in the west.

the flames are a number one centre from being a good team. the problem is, that's been the case for years.

Haatley is offline   Reply With Quote