View Poll Results: Who wins it?
Skellefteå 3 20.00%
Brynäs 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Chraa

vCash: 500
Again the refs deciding a game in Skellefteå. Interesting to see if Forsberg still whines after this gift.

Chraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 02:57 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chraa View Post
Again the refs deciding a game in Skellefteå. Interesting to see if Forsberg still whines after this gift.

svartgul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Chraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartgul View Post
Did you watch the game? 1 Powerplay for Brynäs when they should have had 3 in the last 2 minutes alone. Instead Gunderson gets called when Skellefteå does what Forsberg has been whining about, dive.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Did you watch the game? 1 Powerplay for Brynäs when they should have had 3 in the last 2 minutes alone. Instead Gunderson gets called when Skellefteå does what Forsberg has been whining about, dive.
Järnkrok that was behind the net has a reputation (earned) of diving. i think that was a big thing for that non-call.

And Brynäs had alot of non-calls also. Especially all those non-calls on interference and the holding on söderberg.

Huge hit on bellemare

Snurrfint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Chraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
Järnkrok that was behind the net has a reputation (earned) of diving. i think that was a big thing for that non-call.

And Brynäs had alot of non-calls also. Especially all those non-calls on interference and the holding on söderberg.

Huge hit on bellemare
Fine if it had happened one time, but it happened twice against Järnkrok, once before the 3-2 goal and once more in the end. There were plenty of other situations too, and sure, Brynäs had some non-calls, but they also spent alot of time in the box unlike Skellefteå.
Reffing was atrocious.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Fine if it had happened one time, but it happened twice against Järnkrok, once before the 3-2 goal and once more in the end. There were plenty of other situations too, and sure, Brynäs had some non-calls, but they also spent alot of time in the box unlike Skellefteå.
Reffing was atrocious.
Well atleast we agree on the horrible reffing.

Lets get fired up for game 6

Old
04-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Harks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
Huge CLEAN hit on bellemare
Fixed.
Hope there's not another concussion. He's the most valuable guy out there.

Harks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Ferros

Brynäs fans complaining about the refs? C'mon, during the 20 years I've been following SEL I've never seen a team have this much help in the playoffs from the refs as you have had. You're not in a position where you can whine about the refs, especially considering all the diving from your players that have resulted in powerplays, of course the refs wont make a call everytime one of your players fall then - they know that it very well could be a dive.

Today the refs missed some stuff both ways but it doesn't matter, Skellefteå have been clearly better in the last two games and deserved both wins, end of story.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Has anyone ever actually turned around and won the series after being 3-0 down in the SEL playoffs?

Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Ferros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Has anyone ever actually turned around and won the series after being 3-0 down in the SEL playoffs?
Nop, a few teams have been close, Djurgården was two minutes away from doing it last season and I think that's the closest anyone has been.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harks View Post
Fixed.
Hope there's not another concussion. He's the most valuable guy out there.
Indeed! Bellemare is important for Skelleftea. Or as i like to call him Pär Edvard Baguette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferros View Post
Brynäs fans complaining about the refs? C'mon, during the 20 years I've been following SEL I've never seen a team have this much help in the playoffs from the refs as you have had. You're not in a position where you can whine about the refs, especially considering all the diving from your players that have resulted in powerplays, of course the refs wont make a call everytime one of your players fall then - they know that it very well could be a dive.

Today the refs missed some stuff both ways but it doesn't matter, Skellefteå have been clearly better in the last two games and deserved both wins, end of story.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Chraa

Quote:

Please, you must have some pretty thick homer-glasses on.

First off all, Skellefteå dives just as much as Brynäs, theres two differences though:
#1. Commentators don't talk about it as much as when brynäs does it, for whatever reasons (probably thanks to #2)
#2. Brynäs coach doesn't spend every single interview complaining about referees and diving.

Secondly, Brynäs has had help from the referees? The powerplays are something like 30-10 over the series?

And third, Skellefteå has in no way been "clearly better the last two games". Game 4 both teams had their periods, with Brynäs coming a post and a couple of unlucky bounces away from winning it all. Game 5 Skellefteå was better in the first, Brynäs in the second and the third was pretty even.

But Forsberg can (and most likely will) continue to whine and cry as much as he want. It doesn't matter if Skellefteå wins this, he's still a disgrace to coaches everywhere.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Ferros

Quote:

First off all, Skellefteå dives just as much as Brynäs, theres two differences though:
#1. Commentators don't talk about it as much as when brynäs does it, for whatever reasons (probably thanks to #2)
#2. Brynäs coach doesn't spend every single interview complaining about referees and diving.

Secondly, Brynäs has had help from the referees? The powerplays are something like 30-10 over the series?

And third, Skellefteå has in no way been "clearly better the last two games". Game 4 both teams had their periods, with Brynäs coming a post and a couple of unlucky bounces away from winning it all. Game 5 Skellefteå was better in the first, Brynäs in the second and the third was pretty even.

But Forsberg can (and most likely will) continue to whine and cry as much as he want. It doesn't matter if Skellefteå wins this, he's still a disgrace to coaches everywhere.
Dude, look at my avatar. I don't like Skellefteå, I would love to see them lose another final but that doesn't mean that I can't see when they're the better team.

You're obviously very very baised, judging by your answer, so there's no point to argue with you, it would be like trying to communicate with a wall.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Exalted User

Quote:

Agreed on pretty much everything. And yes, Forsberg's pathetic.

1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Chraa

Quote:
Dude, look at my avatar. I don't like Skellefteå, I would love to see them lose another final but that doesn't mean that I can't see when they're the better team.

You're obviously very very baised, judging by your answer, so there's no point to argue with you, it would be like trying to communicate with a wall.
Great response. Good job meeting any of my points. And you're calling me a wall

Old
04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
GoHomez

On the reffing..
As a fairly indifferent viewer, I can't really recall any teame getting really shafted by the reffering. If anything, I feel Brynäs gets away with more "tjyvnyp" between calls, but Skellefteå has had their fair share as well, most notably Jimmie Eriksson stick between the legs from behind..

The reffing is what it is, missed calls going both ways..

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Send a message via ICQ to svartgul Send a message via MSN to svartgul Send a message via Skype™ to svartgul
Brynäs fans are crossing over to luleå level of usagainstthewholeworldism, I lol and I lol. The thickheadness in their almost unreal bias is exhilarating! I just hope the Brynäs players are at a similar state of mind...

Old
04-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Ferros

Quote:
Great response. Good job meeting any of my points. And you're calling me a wall
You don't have any vaild points and that's why I wont even bother. I can write crap that isn't true and then call it "points" as well.

Next time you shouldn't start out with calling someone a homer (which isn't true since I don't like Skellefteå at all) just because they don't agree with your very baised opinions.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontreal View Post
most notably Jimmie Eriksson stick between the legs from behind..

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Chraa

Quote:
You don't have any vaild points and that's why I wont even bother. I can write crap that isn't true and then call it "points" as well.

Next time you shouldn't start out with calling someone a homer (which isn't true since I don't like Skellefteå at all) just because they don't agree with your very baised opinions.
Ok, I will elaborate.
Point 1: Skellefteå dives just as much as Brynäs, with the difference being that Brynäs coach doesn't whine in the media and that the commentators don't talk about it as much. Skellefteå diving and whining to the media is something tons of AIK fans will agree about. But I'm guessing everyone has "very biased opinions" if they don't agree with yours.

Point 2: The powerplay differential. Very valid point. And one that's stood true through all of skellefteås home-games in this playoffs.

Point 3: Tell me why Skellefteå has been "clearly better" in the last two games, if you had watched the games you would've seen that was clearly not the case. Two close games where bounces decided the outcome.

You don't have to be a Skellefteå fan to be a homer in their favor in this series. You just have to dislike Brynäs. There are tons of AIK fans who are Brynäs homers when it comes to the finals.

Quote:
Brynäs fans are crossing over to luleå level of usagainstthewholeworldism, I lol and I lol. The thickheadness in their almost unreal bias is exhilarating! I just hope the Brynäs players are at a similar state of mind...
At least it's Brynäs fans who are doing this, unlike Mr Forsberg. I would be ashamed to call that ***** my coach.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
svartgul
Hata Löven

Quote:
At least it's Brynäs fans who are doing this, unlike Mr Forsberg. I would be ashamed to call that ***** my coach.
Mr. Forsberg is trying to get inside the head of Drygnäs players and coaches making them focus on whatever he's blabbing about so they lose focus and it sure as heck seem to be working Anders is not the media and he's not interviewing himself, compiling the articles that are meant to create tension and the ensuing media battling but I don't think he's complaining.

I don't really get why you hate Forsberg, he's a super nice guy and a breath of fresh air among swedish coaches in term of media relations. I get you are in your insane hate-skellefteå mode right now and can't judge things in any balanced way but Anders Forsberg is the most upstanding and truth telling (as he sees it mind you) swedish coach I've seen dealing with swedish media. Usually coaches and players are media trained to answer questions in a very non-committal and dancing around the question kind of way, AFop is as forthright as they ever can be.

Last edited by svartgul: 04-18-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
04-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Chraa

Quote:
Mr. Forsberg is trying to get inside the head of Drygnäs players and coaches making them focus on whatever he's blabbing about so they lose focus and it sure as heck seem to be working Anders is not the media and he's not interviewing himself, compiling the articles that are meant to create tension and the ensuing media battling but I don't think he's complaining.

I don't really get why you hate Forsberg, he's a super nice guy and a breath of fresh air among swedish coaches in term of media relations. I get you are in your insane hate-skellefteå mode right now and can't judge things in any balanced way but Anders Forsberg is the most upstanding and truth telling (as he sees it mind you) swedish coach I've seen dealing with swedish media. Usually coaches and players are media trained to answer questions in a very non-committal and dancing around the question kind of way, AFop is as forthright as they ever can be.
I can't stand Forsberg because of the way he acts in front of the mic. No-one is forcing him to call Brynäs players divers and to whine about referees. There's really not anything more to it. Take Brynäs coach for example, when has he ever said anything remotely close to what Forsberg is spewing each and every time he has a chance? I take the coach who doesn't blaim others and focuses on his own team 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I can't stand Forsberg because of the way he acts in front of the mic. No-one is forcing him to call Brynäs players divers and to whine about referees. There's really not anything more to it. Take Brynäs coach for example, when has he ever said anything remotely close to what Forsberg is spewing each and every time he has a chance? I take the coach who doesn't blaim others and focuses on his own team 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
But what's so controversial about that? It's obviously just a tactic. Don't you get that? Anders is shifting focus towards the fact that Järnkrok and other Brynäs-players has gotten a reputation of diving (Mind you, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but since it causes so much anger it must be partly true at least). He's playing the media against Brynäs, and thus he's trying to annoy your players. I'm not sure if it is working or not, but it is quite obvious that it is a tactic from Anders side. I'll take Anders over any coach any day of the week. Why? Well, because he's an intelligent guy, and he obviously has a few tricks up his sleeve.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Chraa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
But what's so controversial about that? It's obviously just a tactic. Don't you get that? Anders is shifting focus towards the fact that Järnkrok and other Brynäs-players has gotten a reputation of diving (Mind you, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but since it causes so much anger it must be partly true at least). He's playing the media against Brynäs, and thus he's trying to annoy your players. I'm not sure if it is working or not, but it is quite obvious that it is a tactic from Anders side. I'll take Anders over any coach any day of the week. Why? Well, because he's an intelligent guy, and he obviously has a few tricks up his sleeve.
There are plenty of tactics that people use that I would never want a coach of my favorite team to use. Whining to the media is one of them.

Brynäs headcoach is obviously very intelligent too, but he doesn't feel the need to resort to such tactics. Therefore I would never in a million years trade them for each other. I'm glad it works for you though, each to his own.

Also to respond to an earlier post, I'm not in "insane hate skellefteå mode". I like several of your players, especially P-E Bellemare. I do however hate Jimmie Ericsson and A.Forsberg, but that has nothing to do with them playing for / coaching Skellefteå.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of tactics that people use that I would never want a coach of my favorite team to use. Whining to the media is one of them.

Brynäs headcoach is obviously very intelligent too, but he doesn't feel the need to resort to such tactics. Therefore I would never in a million years trade them for each other. I'm glad it works for you though, each to his own.
Meh, it would be one boring sports world if all coaches went that way, wouldn't it? I mean, let's face it. It is a tactic (Yep, whining to the media is a tactic. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain why it is, you seem smart enough), and it might work. I don't see why it is such a big deal, it really isn't something to get all pissy about. Personally I love it, it creates emotions, and emotions are so incredibly important for sports.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote