HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sens - Game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I'm seeing a lot of posters riding on Hayward. Has he really been that bad? Is he trying to make this into a Canada vs. U.S.A. ordeal, is he being a homer for Ottawa, what's the problem?
As a fellow RAngers fan this should sum it up for you. Id rather listen to Chico Resch any day of the week over Hayward. This guy makes Chico look objective and fair. He makes the Pens crew look like the best in the league. Id rather listen to Rick Jeanerette scream every time a goal was scored instead of listening to Hayward drooling over Karlsson being on the ice. It is un bearable.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 04-17-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Read that Alf may miss Game 4 as well. Hags got his money's worth at least.
Hagelin for Alfredsson? I'll take it.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Read that Alf may miss Game 4 as well. Hags got his money's worth at least.
A guy at his age getting his 2nd concussion in 6 months should not even be thinking about coming back right now.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
John Buccigross@Buccigross
Rangers’ 1-0 victory was only their second playoff win by that score since 1941. Lundqvist got that other 1-0 win as well. (2009). #elias

Pretty ****ing impressive.
Yeah that was, I believe a game 3 win against Varlamov to put the Rangers up 2-1 in the series. We went up 3-1 and eventually lost.

And Alffie for Hagelin? That is a somewhat unethical way of thinking of it, IMO. Brings up questions such as "Neil for Lundqvist?"

04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
This is great.

Again as a Sens fan, I find the statement about Fleury being a cup winner irrelevant.

As this poster pointed out, Marino never won the superbowl, and he's still one of the best Quarterbacks ever.

Our own Alfredsson has never won a stanley cup, it doesn't mean Dustin Penner is a better forward because he has.
It's okay, a lot of people have a loser mentality when they don't win a championship. A winner is a winner and getting a ring, regardless of your role, is something pretty special. You're being intellectually dishonest with your comment about Penner, how does everyone feel about Ryan Getzlaf or Corey Perry? What, are you going to bring up Andre Roy as a up winner too? There are roles for everyone on a championship team.

I bet Marino would trade all his record for a Super Bowl ring.

True story: I remember walking into Garry Galley and we chit chatted about winning the Cup and I specifically mentioned if you would rather have a career like Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer. He said to me he would rather be Dilfer. I laughed and he got all serious and explained to me what it means to win a championship, be a winner and how he would trade every individual accomplishment for a Stanley Cup ring. he put me in my place and he actually changed my mind.

Even as a Sens fan, you should now better.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Boyle went directly to Karlsson and started hitting him. 5, 6, 7 times for the sole reason to push his weight around and playing his game which was part of the theme of Game 1. He is 6'7" and Karlsson is 5'11" 180. He is our star. In Ottawa, we hated what he did. The Ottawa Senators hated what he did. Bryan Murray and the coaching staff hated what he did. You think we are overreacting. I think that if Carkner (or someone his size) started belting one of your stars, I guess Gaborik in a similar fashion, what would your opinion be? Totally different I assume? Come on. So yes, in Ottawa he was public enemy no.1 and he was attacked for it . Twice.
We don't NEED an "if" statement there, chief. Re-watch the video from game two (without the homer glasses this time). Konopka jumps on top of Brad Richards (goon vs. skill player? Check). While on top of him, he bops Richards in the face more than a couple of times. Frankly, that play is worse than the Boyle/Karlsson incident, since our skill guy was down on the ice (greater chance of injury to something other than pride).

The Rangers didn't attack Konopka WWE style for that play. Rangers fans haven't been shrieking like little girls about that play. It's the ****ing playoffs. If your team can't handle the tiniest bit of physical play without going nuclear, then your team really doesn't belong in the post-season.

Old
04-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
It's okay, a lot of people have a loser mentality when they don't win a championship. A winner is a winner and getting a ring, regardless of your role, is something pretty special. You're being intellectually dishonest with your comment about Penner, how does everyone feel about Ryan Getzlaf or Corey Perry? What, are you going to bring up Andre Roy as a up winner too? There are roles for everyone on a championship team.

True story: I remember walking into Garry Galley and we chit chatted about winning the Cup and I specifically mentioned if you would rather have a career like Dan Marino or Trent Dilfer. He said to me he would rather be Dilfer. I laughed and he got all serious and explained to me what it means to win a championship, be a winner and how he would trade every individual accomplishment for a Stanley Cup ring. he put me in my place and he actually changed my mind.

That still doesn't mean Dilfer is better than Marino and why Fluery isn't better than Hank

Old
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:

How is this relevant? Trading all your accomplishments for a championship is a whole different thing. You're not really going to tell me Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino, are you? There is no way MAF is better than Hank. He had a stacked Penguins team win a Cup for him, his GAA and SV % were **** and continue to be.

Sure, Hank would love to get a Cup and it would cement his legacy, but if he doesn't win one, that has no bearing on who is/was a better goalie. Hank >>>>>>>>>>> MAF

Stop chirping.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
As a fellow RAngers fan this should sum it up for you. Id rather listen to Chico Resch any day of the week over Hayward. This guy makes Chico look objective and fair. He makes the Pens crew look like the best in the league. Id rather listen to Rick Jeanerette scream every time a goal was scored instead of listening to Hayward drooling over Karlsson being on the ice. It is un bearable.
What pisses me off is that it's a nationally televised game and we still get the ****ing Ottawa announcers.

I have center ice and have gotten Sam and Joe maybe 10 times this season. Every other game is the announcer for the other damn team and it's ridiculous.

Hayward isn't worse then Pittsburgh's announcers though, not by a longshot.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

Ottawa fans still trying to make themselves look like heroes? Lol

Old
04-17-2012, 08:07 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
I AM SO PUMPED FOR GAME 4!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the dude in my avatar gets a goal next game

Old
04-17-2012, 08:23 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Guys, keep it on topic. If you want to debate Lundqvist vs Fleury, take it somewhere else. Has nothing to do with us beating Ottawa in Game 3.

Old
04-17-2012, 08:55 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Some Sens fan on their boards are claiming Hagelin intended to injure Alfreddson.

Right, because Hagelin is that type of player...one who targets other superstars to intentionally hurt them. People have no clue. . .

Last edited by NyRangers88: 04-17-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Some Sens fan on their boards are claiming Hagelin intended to injure Alfreddson.

Right, because Hagelin is that type of player...one who targets other superstars to intentionally hurt them. People have no clue the type of player Hagelin is.
Right. Especially his country hero, who he got to meet at the All Star Game. Yep. Totally understandable.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
My advice is to avoid their board, even as a lurker. You're not going to enjoy what you read there. The same for their fans on our board. Better to stick to your team's forum during a playoff series.

Old
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Draft Guru

Here's a video blog I did analyzing the play leading up to Boyle's goal.

A lot of Senators fans and non-Rangers' supporters on these boards keep calling it a lucky bounce, which it was, but you create your own luck with hard work and I feel like we didn't get a enough credit for 5 or 6 great plays leading up the bounce that resulted in Boyle's goal.

If anyone cares to watch:

Old
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
Hank is a GOD plain and simple! Kreider looked good last season in his debut, 2nd shift he look scared and nervous playing the puck, but its playoff hockey, things are much different than NCAA hockey. He will be fine IMO
For it being his NHL debut and it being the playoffs, I thought he was fine. I think he more or less just wanted to make sure he didn't do anything stupid and played it safe. As he feels more comfortable he'll take some chances. He does need to stop floating so much though. I noticed that in the B.C. games as well. Torts will coach him out of that.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The Sens won game 2 entirely on lucky bounces.. their first and second goals.

So they're not really in a position to talk.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
We don't NEED an "if" statement there, chief. Re-watch the video from game two (without the homer glasses this time). Konopka jumps on top of Brad Richards (goon vs. skill player? Check). While on top of him, he bops Richards in the face more than a couple of times. Frankly, that play is worse than the Boyle/Karlsson incident, since our skill guy was down on the ice (greater chance of injury to something other than pride).

The Rangers didn't attack Konopka WWE style for that play. Rangers fans haven't been shrieking like little girls about that play. It's the ****ing playoffs. If your team can't handle the tiniest bit of physical play without going nuclear, then your team really doesn't belong in the post-season.
****ing A.

Old
04-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

This whole series has really ruined my thing for Ottawa. Usually go there every other weekend. But I'm not sure hockey talk is going to be as amicable anymore.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Here's a video blog I did analyzing the play leading up to Boyle's goal.

A lot of Senators fans and non-Rangers' supporters on these boards keep calling it a lucky bounce, which it was, but you create your own luck with hard work and I feel like we didn't get a enough credit for 5 or 6 great plays leading up the bounce that resulted in Boyle's goal.

If anyone cares to watch:

you sound like such a new yorker

Old
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 1400
I read the Sens' GDT and they said a Ranger fan was attacked at Scotiabank Place. Later on in the thread, one of their fans said anyone wearing a Hagelin jersey deserves to get beat up. You stay classy, Ottawa.

04-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
This whole series has really ruined my thing for Ottawa. Usually go there every other weekend. But I'm not sure hockey talk is going to be as amicable anymore.
As mentioned, their fans are terrible. Worse than Pittsburgh easily. And that's saying something. A few good guys unfortunately can't make up for the sea of rotten apples.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The Sens won game 2 entirely on lucky bounces.. their first and second goals.

So they're not really in a position to talk.
MDZ lets the puck go past him and the series is 3-0...

Closed Thread