HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sergei Fedorov available? (Pure speculation)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Ar-too

vCash: 1695
Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Sergei Fedorov available? (Pure speculation)

Sergei had been wearing an 'A' for the CBJ since he came over. It was apparently absent from his sweater during last night's games and Doug MacLean didn't appreciate some of Sergei's comments about playing with Nash and Zherdev after the Anaheim game Sunday. Make Columbus an offer...

Old
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
He doesn't have much value with that contract

Old
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

vCash: 500
I doubt it

Federov is Zherdev's mentor

Old
03-08-2006, 03:52 PM
acr*

I would've loved to get Sergei back in mid-late December, but now it's too late to turn it around and take the cap hit.

Old
03-08-2006, 04:12 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I doubt it

Federov is Zherdev's mentor

...and that's trouble for everyone involved

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Kev22

On his radio show today, apparently MacLean said that the A is on a rotating basis and said that it wasn't a big deal. I don't think that Fedorov is going anywhere because he seems to like Columbus and being a mentor to Zherdev and Nash even though he has to really pick up the defensive slack for his linemates.

Old
03-08-2006, 04:17 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
We're not talking about Fedor are we?

Old
03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
KH1

Federov for Yashin

Old
03-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
We'll even throw in a pick. Columbus stays Russian.

Old
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Danko
...the way she goes

vCash: 420
For Federov? Not much....Probably Branko Radivojovic (or however the hell you spell it.) and a 2nd.

Old
03-08-2006, 05:07 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
So long as he doesn't become Zherdev's agent there are no worries.

You couldn't ask for a better teacher for the finer arts of team defense and doing the little things necessary to win while still being an elite skill player.

Old
03-09-2006, 07:59 AM
mississauga jim

I will state categorically that Fedorov is not in any way a mentor of number 13 Nik Z. In fact it is quite the opposite and the reason why Feds made the comments he did regarding Nash and Zherdev.In the eyes of these two young budding superstars, Fedorov is washed up and in their eyes (Nash and Zherdev) does not represent a good role model. If you recall Feds made a comment in the Columbus paper ( in December) that he lamented the fact that Zherdev did not consult the majestic Fedorov. The real mentor for Zherdev is his interpreter who is Russian and will act as a go-between to anyone English on the hockey team. Go to a Columbus practise and watch the lack of interplay between these three. Ironically they try and avoid one another rather that stick together. Each ot these three has their own agenda and sometimes this little passion play will manifest intself on the ice.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:12 AM
X0ssbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga jim
I will state categorically that Fedorov is not in any way a mentor of number 13 Nik Z. In fact it is quite the opposite and the reason why Feds made the comments he did regarding Nash and Zherdev.In the eyes of these two young budding superstars, Fedorov is washed up and in their eyes (Nash and Zherdev) does not represent a good role model. If you recall Feds made a comment in the Columbus paper ( in December) that he lamented the fact that Zherdev did not consult the majestic Fedorov. The real mentor for Zherdev is his interpreter who is Russian and will act as a go-between to anyone English on the hockey team. Go to a Columbus practise and watch the lack of interplay between these three. Ironically they try and avoid one another rather that stick together. Each ot these three has their own agenda and sometimes this little passion play will manifest intself on the ice.
Completely disagree.

I was just at a practice last week and Zherdev did not leave Fedorov's side. When Feds decided practice was done - so did Zherdev and he followed him right off the ice like his little puppy. Nash wasn't at that practice so I can't comment on his chemistry but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Feds is having and impact on Z and Z's numbers since Feds arrival will back up that statement.

Back OT - Feds isn't going anywhere. This teams needs a veteran up front like Fedorov -- that and nobody would take on that salary.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
that and nobody would take on that salary.
I'll take yours if you take mine. Zhamnov and Samsonov for Federov, Picard, Fritsche and Piispanen (probably spelled that wrong - I know I pronounce it wrong). I know Zhamnov is injured now but he is "expected" back for the playoffs. If you want I'd substitute Murray for Zhamnov but you wanted a veteran C.

Old
03-09-2006, 11:22 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by don
I'll take yours if you take mine. Zhamnov and Samsonov for Federov, Picard, Fritsche and Piispanen (probably spelled that wrong - I know I pronounce it wrong). I know Zhamnov is injured now but he is "expected" back for the playoffs. If you want I'd substitute Murray for Zhamnov but you wanted a veteran C.
everyone, stop and take notice. WORST TRADE PROPOSAL EVER

Old
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

When Adam Foote was announced as the captain, the news release said the 2 A's would alternate between, Fedorov, Nash, and Vyborny.

Old
03-09-2006, 12:24 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
So long as he doesn't become Zherdev's agent there are no worries.

You couldn't ask for a better teacher for the finer arts of team defense and doing the little things necessary to win while still being an elite skill player.
Correction. Other things it would worrisome for Fedorov to mentor Zherdev on include playing through injuries, being a team player, relationships... lots of danger there. Feds is not someone I'd bring in as a role model / mentor for my young, impressionable players.

He's not going anywhere though. He was barely tradeable before going to CBJ, with the way he's played since arriving there's no way now. For better or worse, they're stuck together.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Hank19

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3por2d
Sergei had been wearing an 'A' for the CBJ since he came over. It was apparently absent from his sweater during last night's games and Doug MacLean didn't appreciate some of Sergei's comments about playing with Nash and Zherdev after the Anaheim game Sunday. Make Columbus an offer...
What comments did he make?

Old
03-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Matt Foley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank19
What comments did he make?
Here's a link to the article in question.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/blue...307-E1-00.html

No big deal, IMO.

Old
03-09-2006, 01:26 PM
sparr0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley
Here's a link to the article in question.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/blue...307-E1-00.html

No big deal, IMO.
Not only is that not a big deal, if I were Gallant I'd be publically applauding Sergei and standing firmly behind his efforts to get the most out of the youngens.

He is saying everything that needs to be said.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Correction. Other things it would worrisome for Fedorov to mentor Zherdev on include playing through injuries, being a team player, relationships... lots of danger there. Feds is not someone I'd bring in as a role model / mentor for my young, impressionable players.

He's not going anywhere though. He was barely tradeable before going to CBJ, with the way he's played since arriving there's no way now. For better or worse, they're stuck together.
Why was I not surprised to see that the person who posted this is from Detroit?

Closed Thread