HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make the Winnipeg Jets a Stanley Cup Contender

Old
04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Couturier Post

vCash: 500
sell the team back to Atlanta and buy the Coyotes in the offseason

Couturier Post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 1348
First thing I would do to help build a contender is hire an actual GM instead of asking and taking advice from armchair GMs on a hockey forum.

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:22 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
I kinda want them to trade Kane, I'll be honest, yes he has 30 goals, but hes just a good Athlete, hes not that good, hes kind of overrated, and yet he has good Value, and we can get alot out of him, like 2 1st rounders and maybe a prospect and a useful player, Toronto I see, try and draft Reinhart/Reilly/Dumba/Galchenyuk, I even think we might be able to sign Parise, but forsure resign Enstrom and Slater, and let go of Hainsey, Miettinen, Wellwood, Stapleton and Jones, for a back up, i dunno about Mason, maybe, but Pasquale I think could be good for us, Scheifele needs one more year, but another player we should go for is Guillaume Desbiens, but Konopka isn't a bad choice too.

Kane to Toronto for
5th overall
1st 2013
Schenn
Lupul

*If we trade Kane and take Galchenyuk (9 game stint) and one of those D

Ladd/FA-Galchenyuk/Little-Wheeler
Lupul/FA-Burmistrov-Little/Machacek/Klingberg
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Machecek-Cormier-FA/Prospect/Desbiens/Konopka

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Clitsome-Bogosian
Postma-Stuart
Flood

Pavelec
Mason/Pasquale
Um... Your offer doesn't even get you lupul. Both mane and lupul had career years while lupul is quite a bit older he fit in well with kessel. I think the only way you get Lupul/their 1st is if you trade burmistrov and even then I think gal > burmistrov.

Actually after looking over your proposal you are either a troll or the biggest homer ever. Either way the offer stinks

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Um... Your offer doesn't even get you lupul. Both mane and lupul had career years while lupul is quite a bit older he fit in well with kessel. I think the only way you get Lupul/their 1st is if you trade burmistrov and even then I think gal > burmistrov.

Actually after looking over your proposal you are either a troll or the biggest homer ever. Either way the offer stinks
lol at Kane not being worth Lupol. Sure, he's a huge homer but look at yourself.

Kane is a 20 year old thiry goal scorer.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
lol at Kane not being worth Lupol. Sure, he's a huge homer but look at yourself.

Kane is a 20 year old thiry goal scorer.
I would take Kane over Lupul hands down.

But will defend Lupul by saying that at age 22 he did have 28 goals. Had an off year but then scored 20, then 25 but that ran into injury problems. Now he seems to be returning to his former self which is a dominate player and I think is often underrated a little by fans from other teams. For that reason I can see why people would say Kane isn't worth Lupul, but I strongly disagree with that. Lupul's value to the team (his chemistry with Kessel) is a different story...

Grant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Wpgpage

Realistically to be a "Cup Contender" they need:
2-Top 9 Centers WITH SIZE
2-Top 6 Wingers
2- Bottom 6 wingers
1- Top 4 Dman
1- Bottom pairing Dman

Yeah and they have the 3rd or 4th worst prospect pool in the NHL so don't expect a lot of those needs to be filled from within. Like I said hoard picks build the system try and make smart trades and FA signings.

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
2-Top 6 Wingers
2- Bottom 6 wingers
1- Top 4 Dman
1- Bottom pairing Dman

Yeah and they have the 3rd or 4th worst prospect pool in the NHL so don't expect a lot of those needs to be filled from within. Like I said hoard picks build the system try and make smart trades and FA signings.
I'd agree with this. Except I think we have the third line centre in Burmistrov, so I'd say 1st and 2nd line centres.

Scheifele could hopefully at least be the 2C, but it's gonna be a heck of a time finding a 1C if we don't finish with a good lottery pick soon... I hope we don't have Calgary syndrome. I'm not sure if this group we have is a Cup calibre team or just a playoff clincher, but if Chevy and Zinger don't think these guys are a few pieces away from going all the way, they need to start dismantling and upgrading the core THIS year.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 12:12 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

LOL I love the preemptive trolling of the Leafs.

Be honest, you just knew someone was going to propose Bozak+Holzer for Kane eventually.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:27 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets View Post
I'd agree with this. Except I think we have the third line centre in Burmistrov, so I'd say 1st and 2nd line centres.

Scheifele could hopefully at least be the 2C, but it's gonna be a heck of a time finding a 1C if we don't finish with a good lottery pick soon... I hope we don't have Calgary syndrome. I'm not sure if this group we have is a Cup calibre team or just a playoff clincher, but if Chevy and Zinger don't think these guys are a few pieces away from going all the way, they need to start dismantling and upgrading the core THIS year.

This is what I am scared of, this team is too good to get a top 2 pick.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:41 PM
North Metro Peewees

Sign Suter and Parise this summer; that would be the quickest way to get into the top tier with what you have now. Otherwise draft well and wait a couple of years.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Draft Selanne again.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 698
Quote:
I kinda want them to trade Kane, I'll be honest, yes he has 30 goals, but hes just a good Athlete, hes not that good, hes kind of overrated, and yet he has good Value, and we can get alot out of him, like 2 1st rounders and maybe a prospect and a useful player, Toronto I see, try and draft Reinhart/Reilly/Dumba/Galchenyuk, I even think we might be able to sign Parise, but forsure resign Enstrom and Slater, and let go of Hainsey, Miettinen, Wellwood, Stapleton and Jones, for a back up, i dunno about Mason, maybe, but Pasquale I think could be good for us, Scheifele needs one more year, but another player we should go for is Guillaume Desbiens, but Konopka isn't a bad choice too.

Kane to Toronto for
5th overall
1st 2013
Schenn
Lupul

*If we trade Kane and take Galchenyuk (9 game stint) and one of those D

Ladd/FA-Galchenyuk/Little-Wheeler
Lupul/FA-Burmistrov-Little/Machacek/Klingberg
Glass-Slater-Thorburn
Machecek-Cormier-FA/Prospect/Desbiens/Konopka

Enstrom-Byfuglien
Clitsome-Bogosian
Postma-Stuart
Flood

Pavelec
Mason/Pasquale
You realize this doesn't add up at all, right?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:07 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
2-Top 6 Wingers
2- Bottom 6 wingers
1- Top 4 Dman
1- Bottom pairing Dman

Which one of Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler is not a top 6 winger?

Old
04-18-2012, 01:00 AM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
You realize this doesn't add up at all, right?
Burke would do that if he was going to trade Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight for Phil kessel, and he likes Evander Kane, tried to get him, and he is a huge fan, hes a RFA and he would give up quite a bit to get him, believe me.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Burke would do that if he was going to trade Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton and Jared Knight for Phil kessel, and he likes Evander Kane, tried to get him, and he is a huge fan, hes a RFA and he would give up quite a bit to get him, believe me.
No, he really wouldn't.

Joe Pesci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 50

entire bruins roster

entire jets roster

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I don't think there's any chance of it happening until at least 2013. We'll have a lot of salary coming off the books (ie. Hainsey, Antropov, Miettinen, Clitsome and Gagnon) and there will be a very strong UFA group (Zajac, J. Staal, Getzlaf, etc).
I don't those guys even go to Free Agency.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Wpgpage

Quote:
Which one of Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler is not a top 6 winger?
I think they are all top 6 wingers right now but on a "Cup Contender" I would say you need one on the 3rd line, there is also nothing to suggest Blake Wheeler will be a 60 PT player next year. I hope he continues to be a 60 PT player but there is a equal chance that he could regress back to were he was a few years ago. If he puts out another 65+ campaign I'll feel a little better.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I don't think there's any chance of it happening until at least 2013. We'll have a lot of salary coming off the books (ie. Hainsey, Antropov, Miettinen, Clitsome and Gagnon) and there will be a very strong UFA group (Zajac, J. Staal, Getzlaf, etc).
Except the chances of any of the top tier players hitting FA is unlikely, especially someone like Getzlaf, imagine it's similar with Zajac.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Toastman

Trade for the man the, the myth , the legend: Scott Gomez

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:57 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
I think they are all top 6 wingers right now but on a "Cup Contender" I would say you need one on the 3rd line, there is also nothing to suggest Blake Wheeler will be a 60 PT player next year. I hope he continues to be a 60 PT player but there is a equal chance that he could regress back to were he was a few years ago. If he puts out another 65+ campaign I'll feel a little better.
You'll have to educate us on which team has one of a 30 goal scorer, a 60+ point player, or a physical 29 and 28 goal scorer on their 3rd line?

Ladd's 50 points was good for 91st in the league, which puts him on the cusp of all of the 1st liners in the league. People need to realize that scoring is not what it was 5-6 years ago right now. 50-60 points is more then it used to be.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Wpgpage

Quote:
You'll have to educate us on which team has one of a 30 goal scorer, a 60+ point player, or a physical 29 and 28 goal scorer on their 3rd line?

Ladd's 50 points was good for 91st in the league, which puts him on the cusp of all of the 1st liners in the league. People need to realize that scoring is not what it was 5-6 years ago right now. 50-60 points is more then it used to be.
NJ had Clarkson on the 3rd line a lot of the year he got a lot of PP time but still played 5v5 on the 3rd mostly. I'm sure there are more examples but I don't feel like going through the entire league. Depth is what makes true cup contenders not having 4 guys that fit in the top 120 of league wide wing scorers.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
NJ had Clarkson on the 3rd line a lot of the year he got a lot of PP time but still played 5v5 on the 3rd mostly. I'm sure there are more examples but I don't feel like going through the entire league. Depth is what makes true cup contenders not having 4 guys that fit in the top 120 of league wide wing scorers.
And he had a whopping 46 points. Barely half as many assists as goals. At least Ladd can put up some points as well. Had 59 points the year before. You will still have to let us know how one of Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler is not a top 6 winger. Our problem is we don't have a legit 3rd line. We have top 6 players, but not a 3rd line.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Stump

Quote:
And he had a whopping 46 points. Barely half as many assists as goals. At least Ladd can put up some points as well. Had 59 points the year before. You will still have to let us know how one of Kane, Ladd, or Wheeler is not a top 6 winger. Our problem is we don't have a legit 3rd line. We have top 6 players, but not a 3rd line.
Agreed. Our third line was just a mash of guys who didn't fit anywhere else. They couldn't score much, and checked even less.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Wpgpage

Quote:
You asked for a team that satisfied the requirements I gave you one. Again never said they were not top 6 wingers but you need more depth than that on a "Cup Contender". To be a "Cup contender" you probably need at least 5 "top 6" wingers. You seem to think I'm discounting these players I'm not just saying more depth is needed to be a real contender.