HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League - 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs (TV Schedule in Post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
ShattStar03

vCash: 500
I'm losing so much respect for the PHX fans trying to defend Torres' hit on Hossa. It's pathetic, I hope they throw the book at that ****er

Old
04-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Fishhead

I don't agree with most about that Torres hit.

After watching that hit in slow motion several times, Torres did not leave his feet until after contact was made although he was moving upwards like many players do. Brown usually does the same, it's reflex. He didn't appear to be targeting the head, his shoulders weren't particularly high and his elbows were down the entire time. Head contact was made because Hossa's head was down low and he wasn't expecting it.

I really hate Torres as much as anyone, I think he's a cheap player and a puke - but this was not one of his cheaper hits. If Brown makes that same hit, we would call it clean but borderline. If he gets suspended for that one, it's because of his reputation. If anything, it's a tad late, but nothing later than we have seen in just about every other playoff game.

Hossa needs to be freakin aware of who is on the ice. He had a half second to get out of the way but his head was up his ass for some reason. If you are gonna coast and turn slowly to the middle like that someone is going to catch you and cream you.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

After watching that hit in slow motion several times, Torres did not leave his feet until after contact was made although he was moving upwards like many players do. Brown usually does the same, it's reflex. He didn't appear to be targeting the head, his shoulders weren't particularly high and his elbows were down the entire time. Head contact was made because Hossa's head was down low and he wasn't expecting it.

I really hate Torres as much as anyone, I think he's a cheap player and a puke - but this was not one of his cheaper hits. If Brown makes that same hit, we would call it clean but borderline. If he gets suspended for that one, it's because of his reputation. If anything, it's a tad late, but nothing later than we have seen in just about every other playoff game.

Hossa needs to be freakin aware of who is on the ice. He had a half second to get out of the way but his head was up his ass for some reason. If you are gonna coast and turn slowly to the middle like that someone is going to catch you and cream you.
Regardless if he hadn't left his feet(but you can clearly see he does right before impact, can't pile **** high enough), Hossa wasn't near the ****ing puck and Torres blindsided him, I seriously hope someone ****s him up next game he's turning into the next Matt Cooke.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
jml87

You know, I used to feel like all hockey players were honorable except for a few bad apples, but now it's becoming a league full of bad apples. I've seen so many cheap shots and head hunters in the last week it's incredible. And yet the guys who play the game the right way can't do a thing about it.

Sidney Crosby started attacking Timonen on Sunday and then Letang just goes after Timonen who had really no intentions of fighting. Both are kicked out, but Crosby is allowed to stay in the game to do the same thing to Hartnell later on.

Carkner punches Boyle in the head while he can't even defend himself. Dubinsky tries to help and he is tossed from the game??

Suter slams Zetterburg's head into the glass and gets no suspension?

The WWE is better policed than this. This is disgusting, either let guys defend themselves without risk of penalty or penalize everyone equally.

How are you stopping shots to the head like you claim when you are letting James Neal skate around and attack guys with previous concussion problems? The only people you are protecting are the *******s who are doing the hitting! This is ********!

Old
04-18-2012, 12:08 AM
ShattStar03

Quote:

Dude, he was in the air right at the point of contact. I have no clue how you can say that the lift was generated after the contact was made. That's a dirty hit, you don't have to watch it 12x to figure it out.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings man 4 life View Post
Regardless if he hadn't left his feet(but you can clearly see he does right before impact, can't pile **** high enough), Hossa wasn't near the ****ing puck and Torres blindsided him, I seriously hope someone ****s him up next game he's turning into the next Matt Cooke.
The puck was just poked away from Hossa. And Hossa was looking right at him, if his head was up he would have been hit in the chest.

Not defending Torres, really, I hope someone does cream him. But if it was a King making that hit, I would be pissed if they got a penalty.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Dude, he was in the air right at the point of contact. I have no clue how you can say that the lift was generated after the contact was made. That's a dirty hit, you don't have to watch it 12x to figure it out.
I don't see him in the air at contact at all.

Hossa isn't blindsided, he put himself in a bad spot and he wasn't paying attention, and he paid for it.

Old
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
You know, I used to feel like all hockey players were honorable except for a few bad apples, but now it's becoming a league full of bad apples. I've seen so many cheap shots and head hunters in the last week it's incredible. And yet the guys who play the game the right way can't do a thing about it.

Sidney Crosby started attacking Timonen on Sunday and then Letang just goes after Timonen who had really no intentions of fighting. Both are kicked out, but Crosby is allowed to stay in the game to do the same thing to Hartnell later on.

Carkner punches Boyle in the head while he can't even defend himself. Dubinsky tries to help and he is tossed from the game??

Suter slams Zetterburg's head into the glass and gets no suspension?

The WWE is better policed than this. This is disgusting, either let guys defend themselves without risk of penalty or penalize everyone equally.

How are you stopping shots to the head like you claim when you are letting James Neal skate around and attack guys with previous concussion problems? The only people you are protecting are the *******s who are doing the hitting! This is ********!
The NHL needs to drastically increase the suspensions for cheap shots and while they're at it they should just ban fighting as well.

As for the people who will stop watching if fighting is banned, who cares, if people stop watching because there is no fighting they aren't true fans of the game anyway. And any lost revenue or TV ratings will be made up from casual fans who will now be more likely to watch on tv and bring their children to a game. If I had a young child I don't know if I would want them watching this crap we have seen the last week.

Sadly, it is probably going to take someone dying on the ice for there to be any significant changes.

Old
Kingurentai

They should try getting rid of instigator.

Not saying it'll make a difference but worth a try.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:

Hossa isn't blindsided, he put himself in a bad spot and he wasn't paying attention, and he paid for it.
That angle and picture doesn't show when the contact was made. He targeted the head of Hossa which is deemed an illegal hit.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:33 AM
sueroe

Quote:

that picture isn't the point of contact. From the way I was looking he was in air on contact, both feet off the ground and that picture appears as he is leaving the ground just prior to contact.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueroe View Post
that picture isn't the point of contact. From the way I was looking he was in air on contact, both feet off the ground and that picture appears as he is leaving the ground just prior to contact.
He's already making contact in that shot, I agree he went up into him, but no way was he in the air early.

I personally don't think he was targeting the head, although I wouldn't put it past him. Targeting the head to me is what was done to Clifford, what Weber did when he smashed Z-berg, what Keith did to Sedin, or what happened to Alfie. This hit pales in comparison to all those. We saw this exact hit from Brown earlier in the season.

I'm obviously in the minority here, but I would be surprised if there was a suspension. One game, if anything, really depends on how Shanny sees it.
To me, he didn't target the head, it wasn't a blindside hit (that much is obvious). If anything, he could get called for charging and possibly a late hit.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:13 AM
ru4reals

Off his feet or not that freakin @ss hit Hossa late, plain and simple! He'll get a $2500 dollar fine, no suspension just watch!

Old
04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I don't think there's any question that he'll be suspended. Probably the biggest suspension of the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
nocturn

5 games at minimum. Asham should have got 7...even though the series will be over tonight.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:38 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Sutter: "Torres? He's half a second late... A lot"
Once again Sutter boils it down for everyone in very few words. Maybe he should be Shanahan's replacement someday.

Old
04-18-2012, 07:47 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Torres is way late. Contact hasn't occurred yet and the puck isn't even in the same frame. Also at this point you can see Torres' left skate is off the ice and he is launching into Hossa by jumping off his right skate. Torres is a serial headhunter and should sit the remainder of the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
null33

1) Torres left his coverage responsibility to turn into Hossa for the hit, which is why Hossa wasn't ready for it (Torres' man subsequently took the pass and made an easy entry into the zone);
2) He's half a beat late;
3) Intended headshot or not (the league doesn't care about intention; the player making the hit is responsible for his actions), the principal point of contact is Hossa's face;
4) Raffi Torres carries lots of baggage;
5) Hossa is a star in the league;
6) Hossa was injured, apparently.

Add it up, and it doesn't look good for Torres.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

It will all come down to how injured Hossa is. If Hossa is playing next game, it will be 1 game max. If Hossa is out for a while, i imagine a 5 game or something

Shanahan and his 'oh, someone got hurt?' videos

Old
04-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
At least he got one call right...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Torres suspended indefinitely hearing friday.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628445

Old
04-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

What a difference a split second of a frame makes right?

Plus, regardless of wether or not he left his feet...in both frames he is CLEARLY TARGETING HOSSAS HEAD. There is no other point of contact, and that is the PRIMARY point of contact.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

The Carkner/Asham suspensions are mind blowing

Asham, Cross check to chest + 1 gloved punch to head. No injury on the play, no prior suspensions/fines for Asham. 4 Games

Carkner, 7/8 ungloved sucker punches to face of defenseless player. No injury on the play. Carkner has had supplemental discipline in the past. 1 game

wtf is Shanahan even doing?

Old
04-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

Asham, Cross check to chest + 1 gloved punch to head. No injury on the play, no prior suspensions/fines for Asham. 4 Games

Carkner, 7/8 ungloved sucker punches to face of defenseless player. No injury on the play. Carkner has had supplemental discipline in the past. 1 game

Right?

Then you get a brutal hit by Bitz (a guy with priors i believe) from behind on Clifford that injure him...2 games. Hagelin gets a high elbow from the front on Alfredsson, Alfredsson is day-to-day, and he gets 3.

Shea Weber slams Zetterbergs head into the glass without the puck and gets a wrist slap 2500 dollar fine. Craig Adams goes after Hartnell and hits him with his back turned and he gets a game.

Neal launches himself into TWO SEPARATE PLAYERS in the same game with intent to injure and he gets 1, again, Hagelin gets caught with a high elbow on what you could consider a hockey play. (Still suspension worthy absolutely) and he gets 3.

The consistency right now is utter ********.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
EDDIE20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post

Yeah, Shanny seems to pick and choose his spots, doesn't he.... He's turning into a bigger joke than Campbell.

Something tells me Carkner will behave tonight v. NYR. John Scott will be dressed. He warned Konopka on Monday.

One thing you have to remember is that the Sens can do no wrong in the eyes of the league. Every Sens fan *****es about the Hagelin elbow but conveniently forget that Chris Neil has doled out of a few of those without reprecussion.

Closed Thread