HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

ECQF Game 3 | 4/17/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, SunSports, TSN

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2012, 12:42 AM
aviators99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Could've sworn somebody was pounding the table saying Clemmer should have started since game 1. Not saying things would be any different or that Theo is at fault, but that's how good Clemmer's been playing and how well he's played this team.
There have been several of us. Theo is just not seeing the puck the way he did before about a month ago. Something is up with him. I really believe we would have won game 1 if Clemm started. I think 2 (at least 1) of the NJ goals in that game were easily blockable by Clemm. Well, at least we can wrap up the series at home on Saturday!

Old
04-18-2012, 12:44 AM
aviators99

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridashawn View Post
Also, everything from here on in is gravy to me. The season has already been a tremendous success.
I think it was Weiss who said something to that effect during the postgame interview with Forte. It really bothered me.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Abooch68

Was at the game.. I think there were 2 or 3 larger rats and 4 smaller rats on the ice.. (I threw one) haha

Old
04-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Erick

Coolest thing about this team is how they're all playing for each other.

Theodore's response about getting pulled postgame was great; Brodeur, on the other hand, responded to everything like an arrogant *******.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Kopecky basically hit him in the head/cross checked him in the mask too. Vets being pests.
If I recall correctly it was a Devils player that crosschecked Brodeur.

Well, guys, I'll try to watch the next game from the start, I missed the begining of game one and three, and in both case we were down 3 - 0 when I turned on the stream

Old
04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

The wheels didn't fall off for the Devils last night, they freaking exploded.

This was the best game of the season for me, our PP activated beastmode, our defense activated beastmode and Clemmer activated beastmode.

Hell, even Jovo played a good game last night!

Old
04-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Erick

If you haven't done so already, go to the Devils board and check out their comments on Clemmensen. They absolutely hate the guy right now. He has to start game 4, lol.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:11 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
If you haven't done so already, go to the Devils board and check out their comments on Clemmensen. They absolutely hate the guy right now. He has to start game 4, lol.
Epic comeback win! Win thursday and then seal it at home..

Yeah, they hater Clemmer, but they focus more on how much the Panthers suck. That made my morning, the tears of Devil fans

Old
04-18-2012, 03:13 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYl3B...layer_embedded

Btw, you can hear me scream "yes!" when Soupy scores. A bunch of Devils' fans told me to "****"
Nice, many Panthers fans there or?

Old
04-18-2012, 04:23 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Awesome, awesome comeback! 1st period, it was not looking good, but they showed great resiliency to score 4 unanswered.

Go !

Old
04-18-2012, 04:29 AM
KaylaJ
Honey Bun

I don't always like teams who come back from being down 0-3 in a game, but when I do, it's the Panthers.

Seriously though, awesome comeback. If there is anything the Panthers, esp in the regular season, and the Penguins vomiting away leads have taught me it is to know there is always plenty of time left. Would be interesting to know if they've been watching game tape of the Devil's PK or is it just doing what they do.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:52 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
I don't always like teams who come back from being down 0-3 in a game, but when I do, it's the Panthers.

Seriously though, awesome comeback. If there is anything the Panthers, esp in the regular season, and the Penguins vomiting away leads have taught me it is to know there is always plenty of time left. Would be interesting to know if they've been watching game tape of the Devil's PK or is it just doing what they do.
I think the PP success is due to their overplaying the point, which in turn allows our point men to get good shots on goal. You saw it on the Soupy goal, when Kovalchuk overplayed Samuelsson, which left Soupy with about 10 feet of open ice to move in on Hedberg. I think with all the success they had in the regular season on the PK, including using most of their skilled players on it, rather than better defensive forwards, could be the Devils demise in this first round.

Old
04-18-2012, 05:55 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
We're getting the job done through desperation and great secondary efforts from players like Goc, Bergenheim etc.

I do forsee problems. New Jersey are sooner or later going to play for more than just 10 minutes at a time. Our powerplay is also not going to be able to realisrically keep this pace. At even strength, the only line i've been particularly impressed with is the Bergenheim, Goc, Samuelsson line who have so much energy.

Our 1st line hasn't been great. Flash has been invisible and they've had very little even strength pressure.

On the plus side, we've had excellent Goaltending, great special teams and our Defensive has largely been excellent. Gudbranson has definitely in my eyes played pretty well.

We can for sure win this series, but i do think there are big concerns going Forward. We can't keep going down and relying on special teams.

Old
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

I was so happy this morning to find out it actually happened and I wasn't dreaming!

Old
04-18-2012, 09:09 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15

Aw devils fans, your tears taste so good

Old
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
radkison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
Normally I'd just turn off the tv and do something else but something tells me to stick this one out.
Are you a wizard?

Old
04-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
We're getting the job done through desperation and great secondary efforts from players like Goc, Bergenheim etc.

I do forsee problems. New Jersey are sooner or later going to play for more than just 10 minutes at a time. Our powerplay is also not going to be able to realisrically keep this pace. At even strength, the only line i've been particularly impressed with is the Bergenheim, Goc, Samuelsson line who have so much energy.

Our 1st line hasn't been great. Flash has been invisible and they've had very little even strength pressure.

On the plus side, we've had excellent Goaltending, great special teams and our Defensive has largely been excellent. Gudbranson has definitely in my eyes played pretty well.

We can for sure win this series, but i do think there are big concerns going Forward. We can't keep going down and relying on special teams.
My standpoint is - they weren't expected to win this series, some didn't expect them to make the playoffs at all, and most didn't think they'd even win a game in this series - so expectations are already being exceeded. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing you'll get an even better ride next year.

04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
My standpoint is - they weren't expected to win this series, some didn't expect them to make the playoffs at all, and most didn't think they'd even win a game in this series - so expectations are already being exceeded. Just sit back and enjoy the ride, knowing you'll get an even better ride next year.
You never know.

We may have a surprise run this year.... Have a better regular season next year ... Then fall flat in the playoffs. There are no guarantees, so savor these moments well.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
You never know.

We may have a surprise run this year.... Have a better regular season next year ... Then fall flat in the playoffs. There are no guarantees, so savor these moments well.
I've shed 13 years of miserable pessimism about this team to be very optimistic about the near future of the team.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:03 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Obviously, we'll win the cup this year, then Huberdeau and all our prospects will disappoint, we'll miss the playoffs 3 straight years and start a rebuild with different management. Management then simply waits until our lease is finished, before we become the Halifax Panthers.

I'd rather be critical than offer such a simple and relaxing stand point

I've just realised, why on earth didn't we have Jay Bouwmeester as the central theme for our playoff avatars. No finer example who we once were, and who we hope not to be anymore.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:06 AM
PMPuck

Dumb question perhaps, but why was their no penalty on the goalie interference call that negated the potential tying goal. Was that akin to the old in the crease calls where no real penalty but by rule no goal.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPuck View Post
Dumb question perhaps, but why was their no penalty on the goalie interference call that negated the potential tying goal. Was that akin to the old in the crease calls where no real penalty but by rule no goal.
There is a rule something to the effect that incidental contact that impedes the goalie from making a save is no goal and no penalty.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Wow what a crazy game. I was devastated at the start but knew to continue watching just because, I mean it's a playoff game. It seems anything can happen in the playoffs, especially the way 3 goal leads have been going in this series. The comeback was amazing and getting 3 powerplay goals? Unreal. Let alone 3 goals from defensemen and of all people Mike Weaver, lol!

I don't know what to say, we have a lead in the series and that's amazing. I hope they can keep it up, anything is possible.

At this point, Clem has earned the right to start the next game. He has proved a lot of us wrong.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Old
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
PMPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
There is a rule something to the effect that incidental contact that impedes the goalie from making a save is no goal and no penalty.
Thanks -- Good Rule -- At least it was Last Night

Old
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Wow what a crazy game. I was devastated at the start but knew to continue watching just because, I mean it's a playoff game. It seems anything can happen in the playoffs, especially the way 3 goal leads have been going in this series. The comeback was amazing and getting 3 powerplay goals? Unreal. Let alone 3 goals from defensemen and of all people Mike Weaver, lol!

I don't know what to say, we have a lead in the series and that's amazing. I hope they can keep it up, anything is possible.

At this point, Clem has earned the right to start the next game. He has proved a lot of us wrong.
Dont know if hes proven us wrong, or simply improved his play over the first two yrs. Nevertheless he has earned the start. Still not sure if KD will give it to him. Maybe hes starting to think of Clemmer as Mariano Rivera.

Closed Thread