Offseason moves

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadajazz View Post
I'm sorry but that's just so off it's not even close.

1. Why the HELL would a team as good and competitive as Pittsburgh give a damn about Stempniak or Jackman's UFA rights... that's not even valuable consideration from their perspective. Now there is something to be said for the idea of Iginla for Staal, but you're not also going to get a high-end shut down D like Michalek AND a 2nd rounder AND a first rounder. It's just not going to happen; Pittsburgh's bargaining position is too high. And they'd only look at this if they lose to Philly... They're one of the best teams in the league bar none, they don't need to make sweeping changes.

2. Chicago deal has something to it, again you might be overvaluing Kipper, he also comes with a high cap hit, and again, why the hell would the 2nd deepest top 9 in the league care about Jokinen's UFA rights?

Butler for Dubinsky... yeah, good one.

Stajan for a 2nd? Seriously? Stajan is the last thing Carolina would want, he's likely not a moveable asset. He contributes virtually nothing. He was given several looks on this team and could not produce, he's not great defensively, he's just a lackluster hockey player.

The Backlund for Stewart deal- once again, a team like STL doesn't need to shake things up, they're not going to bite on deals unless they are remarkably enticing. That trade does nothing for STL, it doesn't meet any need of theirs. Stewart has way more upside than Baklund- the team that gets the better player wins the trade most of the time.
A few quick rebuttals:

1. Pens could sure use Iggy and Jackman right now.
2. HF boards continue to way underrestimate cap space as a trade chip. It's as ever present as talent when trades are made.
3. Dubinsky was a 30 point player earning 4.2 mil. Butler was a 20min+ defenseman earning 3 million less. Rangers would clear 3 million in cap space for the Nash/Parise sweepstakes. Butler would also improve their D depth to include Del Zotto or McDonaugh in a Nash trade.
4. Staal hit 50 points for the 1st time and has never scored 30 goals. Iginla in a "bad" year put that to shame.
5. Stajan - see last 3 years of trades for caliber of players traded for 2nd round picks.
6. Kiprusoff - elite goalie. Wonder if Pittsburgh would want him in net right now?
7. Why would Chicago care about Jokinen's rights? Uh hello? Google articles for "hawks continue search for 2nd line center to go between Toews and Bolland"

Old
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
A few quick rebuttals:

2. HF boards continue to way underrestimate cap space as a trade chip. It's as ever present as talent when trades are made.
3. Dubinsky was a 30 point player earning 4.2 mil. Butler was a 20min+ defenseman earning 3 million less. Rangers would clear 3 million in cap space for the Nash/Parise sweepstakes. Butler would also improve their D depth to include Del Zotto or McDonaugh in a Nash trade.
4. Staal hit 50 points for the 1st time and has never scored 30 goals. Iginla in a "bad" year put that to shame.
5. Stajan - see last 3 years of trades for caliber of players traded for 2nd round picks.
6. Kiprusoff - elite goalie. Wonder if Pittsburgh would want him in net right now?
7. Why would Chicago care about Jokinen's rights? Uh hello? Google articles for "hawks continue search for 2nd line center to go between Toews and Bolland"
1. Sure, no doubt there. At that price? They might as well start throwing in the next decade's worth of 1st round picks.
2. Okay.
3.Butler would improve their depth?! When they already have players like...Del Zotto or McDonaugh? This is a step backwards even with a player like Nash.
4. Iginla doesn't play on the PK much and is a defensive hole. Staal in a "bad" year puts that to shame. See what I did there?
5. Need is another matter that needs to be considered. They already have Staal and Sutter. If Stajan couldn't really succeed here in a 3rd line role, why would he be attractive to them? And what could the 2nd round pick bring that Stajan doesn't already provide right now? Not to say that he's an important piece going forward he's an NHL hockey player right now.
6. Kipper only has a couple years left. Some great years I believe. but only a few. If the playoffs continue as they do, it'll only continue to support that the "star" goalies are not as important as a deeper lineup.
7. They could also wait until July 1st, or pay a much more appropriate price. Like a 3rd/4th round pick.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Medium Rare*

some of my ideas to move forward, you may have seen most of them them on the main board:

to Capitals:
- rights to Olli Jokinen
to Flames:
- rights to Dennis Wideman

to Islanders:
- Brett Carson
to Flames:
- Marty Reasoner

to Avalanche:
- Mark Giordano
- Mikael Backlund
to Flames:
- Paul Stastny

to Leafs:
- Miikka Kiprusoff
to Flames:
- Luke Schenn
- Tim Connolly

to Blue Jackets:
- 3rd in 2012
to Flames:
- Steve Mason
- 4th in 2012

this would leave a roster potentially looking like this:

Tanguay - Stastny - Igina
Baertschi - Stajan - Cammalleri
Glencross - Connolly - ______
Bouma - Reasoner - Jackman
Jones

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Butler - Schenn
Brodie - ______
Smith

Mason
Irving

I would save the 3rd line RW hole to be filled from within. I think Aliu, Byron, Horak and Nemisz will wage a good war for that roster spot.

For the 3rd pairing hole I would try and retain one of Sarich or Hannan.

I know people will question Mason but I really think he needs a change of scenery and reuniting him with the goaltender coach from his rookie season couldn't hurt.

Old
04-18-2012, 09:26 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
some of my ideas to move forward, you may have seen most of them them on the main board:

to Capitals:
- rights to Olli Jokinen
to Flames:

to Islanders:
- Brett Carson
to Flames:
- Marty Reasoner

to Avalanche:
- Mark Giordano
- Mikael Backlund
to Flames:
- Paul Stastny

to Leafs:
- Miikka Kiprusoff
to Flames:
- Luke Schenn
- Tim Connolly

to Blue Jackets:
- 3rd in 2012
to Flames:
- Steve Mason
- 4th in 2012

Jones

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Butler - Schenn
Brodie - ______
Smith

Mason
Irving

I would save the 3rd line RW hole to be filled from within. I think Aliu, Byron, Horak and Nemisz will wage a good war for that roster spot.

I know people will question Mason but I really think he needs a change of scenery and reuniting him with the goaltender coach from his rookie season couldn't hurt.
Dude! I love this. Realistic on returns, and definitly fills some needs. Only thing I would change is not getting Conolly (don't know if it works cap wise), instead grab a lower pick. Then sign a guy like Stoll/Gaustad. Also, trading Backlund still worries me, I'm not ready to let him go yet. But for Stastny...

Old
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post

to Capitals:
- rights to Olli Jokinen
to Flames:

to Islanders:
- Brett Carson
to Flames:
- Marty Reasoner

to Avalanche:
- Mark Giordano
- Mikael Backlund
to Flames:
- Paul Stastny

to Leafs:
- Miikka Kiprusoff
to Flames:
- Luke Schenn
- Tim Connolly

to Blue Jackets:
- 3rd in 2012
to Flames:
- Steve Mason
- 4th in 2012

Jones

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Butler - Schenn
Brodie - ______
Smith

Mason
Irving

Some interesting ideas, but I don't see them helping the Flames in any shape or form. Your goals are extremely transparent. 1) get a center, any center, that can win a faceoff. 2) Keep Iginla. 3) Pray. I'm not sure that works at all.

Issues I see with this lineup is it is buttery soft, not very good, pretty expensive and getting older with a downward trend in production. One physical player in the top six forwards and only one guy on the forwards with any real penchant to play the game physical every shift. On the blueline it is also pretty soft. Schenn would be the only guy that consistently plays the body.

Stastny (26) is really expensive ($6.6M) and hasn't produced as expected in the past two seasons. That's a pretty risky player to bring in, especially for the two players the Flames give up. Connolly (31) is also expensive ($4.75M) and has a soft head. I don't think he survives in the western conference and likely doesn't produce. You think Stajan has been frustrating to watch, wait until Connolly comes to town. Reasoner (35) might be a good fit on the 4th line, but do you want to spend $1.35M on your 4th line center when you have Jones at half the price? I'm also not sure we could entice Wideman to play here. He's a UFA and can sell himself to the best team available. I think we have to spend a lot to get him and that's likely to be near $5M per. Schenn (23) would be a good addition, but does he fit in the budget at $3.6M with all the dollars coming in? I'd think there would also be better options for less money in the free agent market than Mason and it wouldn't cost us a draft pick to pick one up. Saying that what does the cost of this roster look like?

Tanguay ($3.5) - Stastny ($6.6) - Iginla ($7)
Baertschi ($1.5) - Stajan ($3.5) - Cammalleri ($6)
Glencross ($2.55) - Connolly ($4.75) - ______
Bouma ($.55) - Reasoner ($1.35) - Jackman ($.613)
Jones ($.6?)

Bouwmeester ($6.6) - Wideman ($5)
Butler ($1.2)- Schenn ($3.6)
Brodie ($.595) - Babchuk (still on the roster $2.5)
Smith ($.775)

Mason ($2.9)
Irving ($.6?)

That's $62.283M with one more forward position to fill, so we're likely closer to $63-63.5M with the addition of a rookie. Is that team an improvement over this year's or good enough to make the post season? I don't think so. We're better in the faceoff dot but weaker everywhere else. That's a really soft lineup up front and almost as bad on the blueline. Goaltending is going to be a major problem. Unless Irving steps up and plays like he did against everyone but the Bruins, we're sunk. I also don't like that we're getting older when we should be concentrating on getting younger at every position. Nice effort, but I think its an expensive bottom of the division team.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:46 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I think I might be one of the few that is ok with a Cammy and Stajan top 2 center men.

I don't think the Leaf's do
to Leafs:
- Miikka Kiprusoff
to Flames:
- Luke Schenn
- Tim Connolly

It isn't that Kipper isn't a great goalie but I think he only has a couple years left even with Kipper Toronto is not a top contender and Burke values Schenn real high.

I think NJ(if marty retires) and Tampa would be willing to trade for Kipper as both would be contenders with him.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
I think that both New Jersey and Tampa Bay (but especially Tampa Bay) would prefer younger goalies if they're going spend assets to acquire one. If the Flames are asking for a 1st and more for Kipper, those teams might as well use that pick to get Bernier, Schneider, Lindback, i.e. younger goalies that can grow with the team.

If the Flames are moving Kipper, they should target a team that's older and feels that they're close to being a cup contender or have a goalie prospect who needs a few years to develop and so would look for a stop gap for a couple of years. The Wings could be a potential suitor if they lose faith in Howard. The Sharks as well since Niemi is terrible and they'll probably be feeling desperate after this season.

Old
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
See if Bylsma gets fired from the Pens. If yes, hire him.
Look for suitors for Kipper, pull a trigger on the best deal

Push hard for Suter/Parise

Old
04-18-2012, 08:26 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I think I might be one of the few that is ok with a Cammy and Stajan top 2 center men.

I don't think the Leaf's do
to Leafs:
- Miikka Kiprusoff
to Flames:
- Luke Schenn
- Tim Connolly

It isn't that Kipper isn't a great goalie but I think he only has a couple years left even with Kipper Toronto is not a top contender and Burke values Schenn real high.

I think NJ(if marty retires) and Tampa would be willing to trade for Kipper as both would be contenders with him.
I don' think Calgary makes that trade, nevermind the Leafs...

Tim Connolly is an often injured underpeformer who is now overpaid for what he brings. Although Luke Schenn is young, he has limited potential at the NHL level (specifically with the speed in today's game). He does not have top pairing potential and is still trying to figure his way out in this league. That makes Calgary a much worse team now, and the upside is just not there in the future to warrant such a trade.

No thanks!

Old
04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Dude! I love this. Realistic on returns, and definitly fills some needs. Only thing I would change is not getting Conolly (don't know if it works cap wise), instead grab a lower pick. Then sign a guy like Stoll/Gaustad. Also, trading Backlund still worries me, I'm not ready to let him go yet. But for Stastny...
I would move Backlund in 1 of 2 scenarios. Either in a package like this, or as a swap for a defenseman around the same age with similar potential, Blum from Nashville was one that crossed my mind.

I think Connolly just needs to be in a different situation, he struggled but his track record before this season is pretty good (injuries aside) and with adding Reasoner and Stastny we can afford to have a centerman that is poor in the circle. I also like Connolly because he does have the ability to steal the #2 center spot and push Stajan down to #3 where I think he is ideal.

I really thought people would crap on me for the Mason idea though

Old
04-18-2012, 11:37 PM
FLaMeRss

To Washington: Jarome Iginla, Christopher Breen & 2014 2nd Rounder (possibly Backlund) if uneven.
To Calgary: Karl Alzner & Marcus Johansson

To Philadelphia: Jay Bouwmeester & Greg Nimesz
To Calgary: JVR

To Chicago: Miikka Kiprusoff
To Calgary: Jeremy Morin & Corey Crawford

To __: Matt Stajan
To Calgary:

Sign Ryan Suter (7 Year-Deal), Alexander Semin (2 Year-Deal) & Jarret Stoll (2 Year-Deal)

Add JVR, Morin, Alzner, Johansson, Crawford, Sven -- plus the 14th overall pick. YOUNGER is Better especially at this point

FORWARDS
Alex Tanguay / Olli Jokinen (A) / Alexander Semin
James Van Riemsdyk / Marcus Johansson / Mike Cammalleri
Sven Baertschi / Jarret Stoll / Curtis Glencross
Jeremy Morin / Mikael Backlund / Tim Jackman
Lance Bouma

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter (A) / Karl Alzner
Chris Butler / Mark Giordano (C)
Derek Smith / T.J. Brodie
Anton Babchuk

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford
Leland Irving

Old
04-19-2012, 10:01 AM
The Gnome

My idea:

To CGY: Stewart, Rattie, 2nd 2012
To STL: Iginla

To CGY: Staal, Orpik
To PIT: Bouwmeester, Backlund

To CGY: Lower pick (4th round maybe)
To (blank): Babchuk

Just get rid of Karlsson

UFA Signings: Stoll, Wideman (he might cost too much or not want to go to CGY, backup is Jackman/Stuart), Carkner

Lineup:

Tanguay-Staal-Cammy
Glencross-Stoll-Stewart
Bartschi-Stajan-Rattie
Bouma-Jones-Jackman
Neimisz

Gio-Wideman
Butler-Orpik
Brodie-Carkner/Smith

Kipper
Irving

Notes: I would really like to sign Wideman as we need a solid RH shot from the point. Almost all UFA's walk and re-sign Jones for cheap. We might need to add to the PIT deal

Old
04-19-2012, 10:18 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

@ The Gnome.

Can't argue with those. I think Pittsburgh would take out Orpik though. Staal is probably worth both Bouwmeester and Backlund. I really like the St. Louis deal. That would be sweet.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
@ The Gnome.

Can't argue with those. I think Pittsburgh would take out Orpik though. Staal is probably worth both Bouwmeester and Backlund. I really like the St. Louis deal. That would be sweet.
Now that I think about it, we really do not need Orpik. We could just re-sign Hannan or go after another UFA. I was more thinking about Pitts cap hit, but with only one year left for Iggy he will obviously be taking a discount if he stays with the Pens. They could float is overpayment for a year and then bring him down to what Staal would be getting paid anyway (or around that amount).

Old
04-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
@ The Gnome.

I think if you were to make it Staal and Martin it might fly, a little more incentive for Pitts to make the deal, gives the Flames something to help replace the loss of Bouwmeester.

Old
04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
A few quick rebuttals:
A few reasoned rebuttals:

Quote:
They likely could. In fact, all teams playing right now could likely use each player. Unfortunately, neither were available at the trade deadline so the point is moot.

Quote:
Maybe you just over estimate the value of cap space. If you look around the league you'll see most teams keeping cap space open. Those that have cap space issues take care of them during the summer and live within their budgetary means. Every team has some cap space problem, whether it be league ceiling or organizational budget, but you don't see them making rash deals to unload players just to gain cap space they are not going to use.

Quote:
That's some real twisted logic to justify a bad suggestion. Iginla had a bad year for scoring, so we'll take Gunnarsson in trade because he is earning $5.6 million less and the depth he adds to our blueline will allow us to trade Bouwmeester or Giordano in a package for another player. The logic doesn't hold up. Dubinsky had a poor season scoring wise, but he's still worth a ton in trade. Trades aren't made on the points a player will score. They are made based on how many wins that player will contribute to win total. You win games because of players like Dubinsky.

Quote:
More twisted logic. Staal is a young player in the rise, caught behind two of the best centers in the league, scoring what he can when he gets ice time. Iginla is an older player on the decline, who gets all the primo ice time he can handle. If you actually look at their careers when they were the same age, Staal does pretty good scoring wise in comparison, especially when Iginla had the ice time advantage. In fact, Staal's 50 points in 62 games measures up pretty well to Iginla's 23 year old season. At the same age, Iginla's numbers don't put Staal's numbers to shame. Heck at that same age, Iginla was still a couple seasons away from being dubbed a sensation because of his 52 goal, 96 point season, numbers it would take Iginla another five seasons to repeat.

Quote:
If those trades for Stajan were available he would have been dealt already.

Quote:
Probably not, because Fleury had 42 wins and a 2.36 GAA and a .913 S% during the regular season. Compare that to Kiprusoff's 2.35 GAA and .920 S% and it is likely not worth making a deal that would cost you another asset with a big salary to bring Kipper in.

Quote:
They can wait and get him for nothing on July 1st. If they really really want Jokinen, they'll just back up the Brinks truck and show him the money. They don't have to do anything stupid and trade for his rights. It's not like Jokinen is going to be the best UFA available or something. Teams don't make deals like that unless it is a player where there is going to be a massive bidding war and they need an edge to sell their team.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
My idea:

To CGY: Stewart, Rattie, 2nd 2012
To STL: Iginla

To CGY: Staal, Orpik
To PIT: Bouwmeester, Backlund

To CGY: Lower pick (4th round maybe)
To (blank): Babchuk

Just get rid of Karlsson

UFA Signings: Stoll, Wideman (he might cost too much or not want to go to CGY, backup is Jackman/Stuart), Carkner

Lineup:

Tanguay-Staal-Cammy
Glencross-Stoll-Stewart
Bartschi-Stajan-Rattie
Bouma-Jones-Jackman
Neimisz

Gio-Wideman
Butler-Orpik
Brodie-Carkner/Smith

Kipper
Irving

Notes: I would really like to sign Wideman as we need a solid RH shot from the point. Almost all UFA's walk and re-sign Jones for cheap. We might need to add to the PIT deal
Good post. I think most of your proposals are realistic. I doubt the Pens make that one trade, but the rest are realistic. For UFA's I like Stoll, one of Jackman/Stuart/Wideman. I don't like Carkner, he's a worse version of Sarich. The St. Louis trade is one I think would be beneficial to both clubs, which is what you always look for. Gives us a reclamation project who played well in the NW, a guy who has obvious chemistry with Sven and a low 2nd rounder. It gives St. Louis the primary scorer they lack, without taking away cornerstone pieces.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Good post. I think most of your proposals are realistic. I doubt the Pens make that one trade, but the rest are realistic. For UFA's I like Stoll, one of Jackman/Stuart/Wideman. I don't like Carkner, he's a worse version of Sarich. The St. Louis trade is one I think would be beneficial to both clubs, which is what you always look for. Gives us a reclamation project who played well in the NW, a guy who has obvious chemistry with Sven and a low 2nd rounder. It gives St. Louis the primary scorer they lack, without taking away cornerstone pieces.
What do you think it would take to get Staal.

What about Bouwmeester+Backlund for Staal. Not enough? Maybe Gio instead?

I think it is a good idea to bring in a guy like Carkner for the 6/7 spot. Big, tough player who can actually contribute and not get caugh out of place. We need to have some sense of physicallity on the backend.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
brewski1810

^^ pretty good proposals, love the trade with st. Louis, but I'm homering cus having rattie on the flames would be a dream come true, he played summer hockey for my dads program, and AAA bantam here in airdrie, he has been an elite goal scorer at every level, and I'm sure that will continue to the pros

Old
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1810 View Post
^^ pretty good proposals, love the trade with st. Louis, but I'm homering cus having rattie on the flames would be a dream come true, he played summer hockey for my dads program, and AAA bantam here in airdrie, he has been an elite goal scorer at every level, and I'm sure that will continue to the pros
i very much believe feaster will be on the hunt to aquired him, i'd love him on this team

but IMO if backlund gets back on track he could be a 50 pint center next year

Bartschi - Backlund - Cammalleri

is a very possible line next year (IMO)

Old
04-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
What do you think it would take to get Staal.

What about Bouwmeester+Backlund for Staal. Not enough? Maybe Gio instead?

I think it is a good idea to bring in a guy like Carkner for the 6/7 spot. Big, tough player who can actually contribute and not get caugh out of place. We need to have some sense of physicallity on the backend.
I think it would have to be something based around Giordano. I don't see the Pens needing Iginla's offense. Giordano + something would likely be the asking price. I'd imagine they would want a right now type of winger. Glencross is too much player, Tanguay has too much term, so I'm not sure what winger that would be. Backlund and Giordano for Staal would make me puke. But I think that's what it would take and they still might not accept. JBo has no value as he's a #2/3 defenseman being paid like a #1. You might be able to move him for another overpaid guy like Paul Martin.

I agree with your concept on Carkner, we need some more snort on the back end. I just don't agree on the player to bring it. Giordano can not be our most intimidating guy on the blueline next year if we want to be competitive. Much as I've been hot/cold on Sarich over his tenure here, he does fill a role with the departure of Regehr. Ideally, I'd love Jackman if the Blues don't re-up him. He can play a top 4 role and brings the sandpaper.

Old
04-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Here are some of my ideas:

To Pitts:

Gio and Backlund

for Staal and Martin

To Van:

Babchuk and Aliu

for Raymond

To Phoenix:

Matt Stajan

for a 3rd round pick

To NYR:

PHX's 3rd and Breen

for Sauer

My lineup:

Tanguay Cammy Iggy
Glencross Staal Baertschi
Raymond Horak Comeau
Bouma Jones Jackman

Bouw Butler
Sauer Martin
Brodie Smith

Old
04-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Just get rid of Bouwmeester.

Old
04-21-2012, 05:29 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Here are some of my ideas:

To Pitts:

Gio and Backlund

for Staal and Martin

To Van:

Babchuk and Aliu

for Raymond

To Phoenix:

Matt Stajan

for a 3rd round pick

To NYR:

PHX's 3rd and Breen

for Sauer

My lineup:

Tanguay Cammy Iggy
Glencross Staal Baertschi
Raymond Horak Comeau
Bouma Jones Jackman

Bouw Butler
Sauer Martin
Brodie Smith
I wouldn't give Aliu straight up for raymond. Aliu is exactly what we need a big forward who likes to hit and isn't afraid of anyone. Raymond is a down grade on Stempniak. Just keeps stemps and Aliu.

Old
04-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I wouldn't give Aliu straight up for raymond. Aliu is exactly what we need a big forward who likes to hit and isn't afraid of anyone. Raymond is a down grade on Stempniak. Just keeps stemps and Aliu.
Yeah I wouldn't be comfortable giving up Aliu for someone as easily attainable as Raymond. I want to see more of him in the NHL at least, for all we know Akim could turn out to be a Lucic light for us.

Last edited by Nordberg: 04-21-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Closed Thread