HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
  #526
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this isnt normally my thread but my comments probably belong here..

I am pleased to be up 2-1... but...

we have 8 goals...2 by Weber. 2 by Borque. 1 each by Klein and Gaustad.

that means exactly 2 goals in 3 games by our supposedly much improved, balanced Top 6.

Radulov? Bagel

Erat? Donut

Fisher? Gooseegg

Legwand? If you could score negative goals, he would find a way...

and Sergei must be a Romulan... he finally lowered his cloaking device and fired a shot that hit, but otherwise he's been invisible...


Im trying to be optimistic and think that the guys cant be kept off the board forever, and when they finally do get going we will dominate.... but I cant make myself believe that yet..
I see what you are saying but you cannot put Radulov in the same message as Legwand and Fisher. Radulov has gave other guys several great shooting chances and if not for howard standing on his head in game two would of had 1 maybe two goals.

VFL615* is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:18 AM
  #527
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
I think it would make you feel even better knowing that the Preds won 2 games so far in this series with out much help from their top lines in scoring. If they get them going then they are gonna be looking good. Hopefully...

thomas magnum is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
  #528
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
this isnt normally my thread but my comments probably belong here..

I am pleased to be up 2-1... but...

we have 8 goals...2 by Weber. 2 by Borque. 1 each by Klein and Gaustad.

that means exactly 2 goals in 3 games by our supposedly much improved, balanced Top 6.

Radulov? Bagel

Erat? Donut

Fisher? Gooseegg

Legwand? If you could score negative goals, he would find a way...

and Sergei must be a Romulan... he finally lowered his cloaking device and fired a shot that hit, but otherwise he's been invisible...


Im trying to be optimistic and think that the guys cant be kept off the board forever, and when they finally do get going we will dominate.... but I cant make myself believe that yet..
this is exactly how I feel

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
  #529
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I see what you are saying but you cannot put Radulov in the same message as Legwand and Fisher. Radulov has gave other guys several great shooting chances and if not for howard standing on his head in game two would of had 1 maybe two goals.
not buying it. Radulov is supposed to be a sniper, not a playmaker.

we give SK and Erat all kinds of hell for passing up shots looking for the perfect pass... Radulov was supposed to be the guy who could finish those chances and/or create chance on his own..

Radulov needs to put the puck in the net or he might as well go back to Russia... SK and Erat play the same game and are cheaper...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
  #530
jstreet
Sad McDavid
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Is Sad.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,517
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Radulov needs to put the puck in the net or he might as well go back to Russia...
oh dont worry, he is going to as soon as he gets the chance.

jstreet is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
  #531
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not buying it. Radulov is supposed to be a sniper, not a playmaker.

we give SK and Erat all kinds of hell for passing up shots looking for the perfect pass... Radulov was supposed to be the guy who could finish those chances and/or create chance on his own..

Radulov needs to put the puck in the net or he might as well go back to Russia... SK and Erat play the same game and are cheaper...
Wow, Radulov would be the last guy on this team i would be smacking about for lack of offense since he as arrived.

VFL615* is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:11 PM
  #532
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Wow, Radulov would be the last guy on this team i would be smacking about for lack of offense since he as arrived.

Radulov has been extended an EXTREME favor of being allowed to satisfy what should be a full years contract by playing 9 games plus the playoffs.

for that kind of favor, he needs to score some freaking goals, in the playoffs...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:19 PM
  #533
PredsHockey
Registered User
 
PredsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Country: United States
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
I think Rads is fine. Yes, he hasnt put up the numbers many thought he would, but I think when he does, it's going to be intense for sure.

PredsHockey is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
  #534
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsHockey View Post
I think Rads is fine. Yes, he hasnt put up the numbers many thought he would, but I think when he does, it's going to be intense for sure.
he better hurry or he might not get a chance...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
  #535
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
Outside of the Pens/Flyers series, where is anyone putting up big numbers?

101st_fan is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:46 PM
  #536
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Outside of the Pens/Flyers series, where is anyone putting up big numbers?
I dont want big numbers, but he needs to score at least 2 goals in a 7 game series

we brought this guy back to be our "scorer" and our "finisher" not to be our "stickhandler", our "passer" and our "random secondary assister"

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
  #537
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Outside of the Pens/Flyers series, where is anyone putting up big numbers?
The King. As in Singular. Dustin Brown

token grinder is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 04:24 PM
  #538
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont want big numbers, but he needs to score at least 2 goals in a 7 game series

we brought this guy back to be our "scorer" and our "finisher" not to be our "stickhandler", our "passer" and our "random secondary assister"
They are focusing on shutting him down, we're focusing on shutting down Dats and Zets.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
  #539
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
They are focusing on shutting him down, we're focusing on shutting down Dats and Zets.
and yet Z has 2 goals and dats 1.....

I would happily take a deal where we would guarantee that Rads and either Z or Datsuyk scored the same number of goals in the series

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
  #540
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
and yet Z has 2 goals and dats 1.....

I would happily take a deal where we would guarantee that Rads and either Z or Datsuyk scored the same number of goals in the series
Dats was the result of a pickpocket where Peks was asleep, Zets was a laser on the PP that got past Peks. Punch and counter punch between the top sixes for each team.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
  #541
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont want big numbers, but he needs to score at least 2 goals in a 7 game series

we brought this guy back to be our "scorer" and our "finisher" not to be our "stickhandler", our "passer" and our "random secondary assister"
We'll forward your request to Detroit.

wadesworld is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
  #542
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not buying it. Radulov is supposed to be a sniper, not a playmaker.

we give SK and Erat all kinds of hell for passing up shots looking for the perfect pass... Radulov was supposed to be the guy who could finish those chances and/or create chance on his own..

Radulov needs to put the puck in the net or he might as well go back to Russia... SK and Erat play the same game and are cheaper...
According to?

Radulov has a pretty solid career shooting % in the NHL and KHL, and is a better finisher than almost anyone on the roster, but I've always seen his game as being more of puck carrier/playmaker first than shooter. I may be alone in that assessment, but...

Iron Duke is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 05:21 PM
  #543
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
According to?

Radulov has a pretty solid career shooting % in the NHL and KHL, and is a better finisher than almost anyone on the roster, but I've always seen his game as being more of puck carrier/playmaker first than shooter. I may be alone in that assessment, but...
coming up with the Preds 4 years ago that was how it was looking, and thats what we have been needing... shoot, shoot, shoot...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
  #544
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
coming up with the Preds 4 years ago that was how it was looking, and thats what we have been needing... shoot, shoot, shoot...
He is doing fine. No need to shoot when he does not have a good shot and has the ability to hold onto the puck and make a play. Problem could be he plays with some guys who go to a spot and stand cement footed with their stick up past their waste. Im looking at you Leggy...

VFL615* is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
  #545
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
coming up with the Preds 4 years ago that was how it was looking, and thats what we have been needing... shoot, shoot, shoot...
That's what he was 4 years ago when he was withe the Preds. KHL fans said he had changed his game to being more of a playmaker and that is what we are seeing. He can do better this series no doubt but honestly no skilled forward from either team has really got it going. Been a really tight series so far.

predfan24 is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
  #546
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
That's what he was 4 years ago when he was withe the Preds. KHL fans said he had changed his game to being more of a playmaker and that is what we are seeing. He can do better this series no doubt but honestly no skilled forward from either team has really got it going. Been a really tight series so far.
I was gonna post the same thing. It's been said for awhile now that Radulov is a playmaker now moreso than a sniper. I think Radulov has looked just fine. Do I wish he would score? Of course.

kypredsfan is offline  
Old
04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
  #547
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
If rads is a playmaker not a scorer then we are screwed. We have multiple playmakers, we are desperately short of finishers, which is what we need Rads to be if he can do so...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
  #548
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,316
vCash: 500
We have to wait two days for Friday.

token grinder is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 09:10 AM
  #549
PredsV82
No
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Grumpyville
Country: St Kitts and Nevis
Posts: 17,467
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
We have to wait two days for Friday.
and this truly is a negative because IIRC Pekkas record is not as good when there are two off days between games...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 09:36 AM
  #550
wadesworld
Registered User
 
wadesworld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
It should also be mentioned that Radulov has created at least 3 point-blank chances for himself in this series. They were likely all chances that would not have happened with any of other forwards who lack the skill to puck handle their way to the net. Unfortunately, Howard has made amazing saves on all three.

wadesworld is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.