HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 12 Thread Part VI

Old
04-06-2012, 07:41 PM
GrandLarseny
Off to the KHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
OK, changing the birthdays did not work. It looks like none of the Created Players can be drafted. Awesome.
I think i might know the problem. Created players are (for some reason) placed in Anaheim's farm system and it can't be changed. To change it, toggle the lock on everything you can except the pro team rights. Then, click randomize. Thats what I did, and the players I created (Cammarata, Koys .etc)

Hope this helps.

GrandLarseny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
David71

vCash: 500
has the new rosters updated their lines yet?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Tipsu94
Rookie User

I have to ask few questions about Be a Pro:

How much should i normaly earn experience points ?

- I feel like i don't earn them enought.. I mean i score 5 goals and get A+ grades to all and just 15-20 exp per each one...

Does penalties effect on experience points ?
- I have had lot of penalties (+320 mins in 48 games becouse of fighting) and i think this might be reason for my experience point bug / problem...

- Can i change difficulty level normally ?

- How i can find out good sliders ?
- I mean games are tight but enemy gets 10 - 15 shots less than my team (maybe cos i shoot 5 - 15 times per game) ?

Tipsu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:05 PM
FlapjackSilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsu94 View Post
I have to ask few questions about Be a Pro:

How much should i normaly earn experience points ?

- I feel like i don't earn them enought.. I mean i score 5 goals and get A+ grades to all and just 15-20 exp per each one...

Does penalties effect on experience points ?
- I have had lot of penalties (+320 mins in 48 games becouse of fighting) and i think this might be reason for my experience point bug / problem...

- Can i change difficulty level normally ?

- How i can find out good sliders ?
- I mean games are tight but enemy gets 10 - 15 shots less than my team (maybe cos i shoot 5 - 15 times per game) ?

I'll try and help you out here. But I don't play the offline BAP, which it seems like you're doing, usually I play the online BAP (EASHL).

Either Way, the ratings break down into 3 parts Positional, Team Play, Stats.

Positional is pretty straight forward, follow the arrow (if necessary), don't get caught out of position.

Team Play is a bit finicky and probably the most complicated. You can assure a solid team play rating by blocking shots, good passing, faceoffs, taking shots, hits, poke checks etc. However, I'm not sure if all the posters here feel this way, but I've always found to get the highest Team Play rating... simply hit EVERYTHING that moves. Try making your character in the PF mold and hit literally EVERYTHING. The catch, obviously, is that you can't take penalties or that will decrease your rating.
Fights can increase your Team Play, but usually you have to win the fight, and the game has to decide if whether you fought at a good time or not.

Stats, like Positional is straight forward, gotta produce.

Like I said I hope this helps you out, if not I'm sure some other posters will be along.

FlapjackSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Tipsu94
Rookie User

@FlapjackSilver

It's easy to get those grades (team play , stats , positional) to A+.. The problem is that i will not earn enought experience points.. I earn 15 - 20 and most of my friends earns 50 - 65 almost in every game...

I do everything on ice: I hit , score goals , block shots , tackle (but it is not easy cos my player is so small and most tackles dont effect 'cos they dont lose even balance..) and always have fine passing play ...

Also i have changed some sliders like passing- & shooting & tackling assist off becouse with assistants on it is too easy to pass & shoot

Seriously what should i do ? How i can earn more experience points ?

Ps. I play as sniper (position Ca) in first line up and i have most points & scored goals in whole league

Tipsu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Hedon

Is it possible to create a player, put him in the CHL and then draft him in be a gm?

Hedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2012, 11:13 PM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedon View Post
Is it possible to create a player, put him in the CHL and then draft him in be a gm?
Yes, it is.

plaaplaa72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 12:17 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanderFan17 View Post
I think i might know the problem. Created players are (for some reason) placed in Anaheim's farm system and it can't be changed. To change it, toggle the lock on everything you can except the pro team rights. Then, click randomize. Thats what I did, and the players I created (Cammarata, Koys .etc)

Hope this helps.
Thank you, this worked! Wow, what an easily preventable glitch by EA. Just another in an endless stream of sloppy loose ends.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Gustav Nyquist

Anyone know if we should expect another roster update anytime soon?

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Carlzner

Can anyone help me with Creating a Player so he's put into the draft?

I accurately (birthdate, height, player type, stats) made Filip Forsberg (79 B A- B)(I also edited all of the other top prospects) and i tried to put him on an SEL team, but it said he was too young (even though there are players like Collberg Bystrom and Teravainen who are just as young as him on SEL and SM-Liiga teams)

So i put him on a random CHL team, and started up a GM game, but instead of being a prospect to scout, he was in free agency!

Any help?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Pengo

NBA 2k12's presentation is so much better than EA's NHL 12

It's so frustrating because I know I lot more about the NHL and I would appreciate great presentation so much.

I mean NHL 2k5 has better presentation than NHL 12.

Pengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 11:46 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Flyers NHL 12 Defense Rating

Yet the Rangers are still a 79 defensively. Completely perplexing.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 92
And that's with Pronger out of the lineup

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:30 AM
efs5030
Rookie User

Matt Carle... Haha jkjk

efs5030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:34 AM
anatsu
twitter: @finanatsu

I think that this rating is also depending about some "chemistries" or so. Because I once changed Steve Ott (82 rating) to Steve Sullivan (80), my offense rating grow up from 81 to 84.

anatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:43 AM
hyzer23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanderFan17 View Post

Hope this helps.
no, before you do anything, you need to make sure the players rights aren't for anaheim, its weird but sometimes it locks on anaheim after you toggle a birthdate or something. so pick your team first....

hyzer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
And that's with Pronger out of the lineup
no they put pronger back in for some reason. they usually have the authentic playoff rosters

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:17 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Does this goal look offside to anyone else?
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/119974680

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:21 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
yup that is offside

The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedon View Post
YES it is.

I posted a tutorial about it a while ago, will try and find it for you.

EDIT - Ok, so here it goes:

1st - Create your player (duh). If, like everyone else, you want him to be at the very top of the draft class, then make sure he is both decent overall (70-77 is about right), and has very good potential (As all around). **NOTE, anything higher in regards to the overall, will likely make him too good, too fast, but each to their own. Whatever tickles your fancy.

2nd - FOCUS on his birth date. If you want him drafted in the FIRST Be a GM draft, then make sure you select 1993 as his birth date. The game doesn't recognize "birthdays", and everyone ages at the end of the year, at the same time, so make sure that you just get the year right (1993).

3rd - If you want him to appear in the second draft, add a year (1994). If you want him to appear in the third draft, add yet another year (1995), and so on. The default rule is that you subtract 18 from the draft year you wish to have a player eligible for, and then make sure that year is in his birthday.

4th - Once you have created your player, place him on the junior team of your choice (ie. the Sarnia Sting of the OHL).

5th - Start a new GM.

6th - Determine if it worked; if you put him into your first draft, go to GM OPTIONS, SCOUTING, and then search for the region you put him in (ie. OHL if you put him on Sarnia Sting). Then scroll through the OHL players until you find him. If done correctly, he should be there.

7th - If not done correctly, go back and check his birthdate. Chances are you did something wrong - need to make sure that the player is 18 years old come draft day. Also, make sure he has no affiliation to an NHL team.

8th - If you put him into the draft for a later year (say year 2), there's no way of knowing he's going to be in there until you finish year 1. First, save your GM twice - once as your legit save file, and then the second as your backup. The best thing to do is just sim your entire first season ASAP - leave your trade block empty, put all your NEEDS/WANTS to mimimum, put assistant coach edits lines to ON, put injuries OFF, put waivers OFF, and then sim through the entire full season. Don't worry it's not a proper sim, we just want to sim a calender year right past the draft after year 1. Once that draft is completed, look through the GM Options --> Scouting much like we did above for the year 1 prospect, and see if you find him there. If he is, it worked - exit your GM, load up your saved GM file, and enjoy your GMing knowing that your prospect will be waiting for you down the line.

9th - if your year 2 prospect didn't work, again, check the birth date and team affiliation.

Hope that helps!

Think I covered everything. I almost always put a stud prospect into the first draft, and then sell away the team in order to land him when I start my first GM pretty much every NHL game that has allowed it. Those steps work for me, so should work for you too

Last edited by Tak7: 04-21-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookeyMonster View Post
JUST onside for me - looks like he's dragging the line at the moment he gets the puck

Tak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Gustav Nyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatsu View Post
I think that this rating is also depending about some "chemistries" or so. Because I once changed Steve Ott (82 rating) to Steve Sullivan (80), my offense rating grow up from 81 to 84.
That's more likely because Sullivan's offensive stats are higher than Ott's.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Ok, for some reason I only seem to get lag in this game when I play OTP.
I don't lag in EASHL club games, versus play, online shootouts, or any other Xbox games. Is anyone else having this problem? I like to play OTP when my club partner isn't online, but the lag makes it sooooo difficult to play.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
cgflyers
Rookie User

Hey guys, I recently bought NHL 12 off of Xbox LIVE Games on Demand for $59.99, and it didn't even come with the Online Pass so I had to pay another $9.99 for that, and I can't even play online. I haven't tried everything, but I'm pretty sure nothing works. EASHL games, drop-in games, shootout against friends, none of those modes work. It tells me "Game session no longer available" or something similar. It does the same to my friends if I invite them. If I search for a game, it never finds any while my friends can easily find one. Does anybody know what's wrong? I've been able to play other EA games online without issue and any online games fine. I have an Open NAT, and all the Xbox LIVE ports port-fowarded. If anybody has any solution, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Also, if it doesn't work do you think EA would somehow let me get a refund? I feel like such an idiot for buying this game plus the Online Pass to play with friends.

Last edited by cgflyers: 04-23-2012 at 07:19 PM.
cgflyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
YES it is.

I posted a tutorial about it a while ago, will try and find it for you.

EDIT - Ok, so here it goes:

1st - Create your player (duh). If, like everyone else, you want him to be at the very top of the draft class, then make sure he is both decent overall (70-77 is about right), and has very good potential (As all around). **NOTE, anything higher in regards to the overall, will likely make him too good, too fast, but each to their own. Whatever tickles your fancy.

2nd - FOCUS on his birth date. If you want him drafted in the FIRST Be a GM draft, then make sure you select 1993 as his birth date. The game doesn't recognize "birthdays", and everyone ages at the end of the year, at the same time, so make sure that you just get the year right (1993).

3rd - If you want him to appear in the second draft, add a year (1994). If you want him to appear in the third draft, add yet another year (1995), and so on. The default rule is that you subtract 18 from the draft year you wish to have a player eligible for, and then make sure that year is in his birthday.

4th - Once you have created your player, place him on the junior team of your choice (ie. the Sarnia Sting of the OHL).

5th - Start a new GM.

6th - Determine if it worked; if you put him into your first draft, go to GM OPTIONS, SCOUTING, and then search for the region you put him in (ie. OHL if you put him on Sarnia Sting). Then scroll through the OHL players until you find him. If done correctly, he should be there.

7th - If not done correctly, go back and check his birthdate. Chances are you did something wrong - need to make sure that the player is 18 years old come draft day. Also, make sure he has no affiliation to an NHL team.

8th - If you put him into the draft for a later year (say year 2), there's no way of knowing he's going to be in there until you finish year 1. First, save your GM twice - once as your legit save file, and then the second as your backup. The best thing to do is just sim your entire first season ASAP - leave your trade block empty, put all your NEEDS/WANTS to mimimum, put assistant coach edits lines to ON, put injuries OFF, put waivers OFF, and then sim through the entire full season. Don't worry it's not a proper sim, we just want to sim a calender year right past the draft after year 1. Once that draft is completed, look through the GM Options --> Scouting much like we did above for the year 1 prospect, and see if you find him there. If he is, it worked - exit your GM, load up your saved GM file, and enjoy your GMing knowing that your prospect will be waiting for you down the line.

9th - if your year 2 prospect didn't work, again, check the birth date and team affiliation.

Hope that helps!

Think I covered everything. I almost always put a stud prospect into the first draft, and then sell away the team in order to land him when I start my first GM pretty much every NHL game that has allowed it. Those steps work for me, so should work for you too

Thanks man!

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote