HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Hossa

Old
04-18-2012, 11:09 AM
cherrypik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
So, two years in a row this crap by the same guy threatens not only a player's well being but our season.

Just when you think officiating couldn’t possibly get any worse than what we’ve seen at times this year, this happens in the most important game of the season for Hawks. Q is right when he says the officials are a disgrace (the polite version). These guys have no accountability to speak of and could have just cost the Hawks their season. They all need to be fired.

What are we going to get. Another ****in apology? I doubt even that, this time!

Torres will get at least 8 games. I’d throw the book at him: 20 games and the maximum fine allowed.

TSN did a summary of his cheap shots since last season… and they are all targeting the head, late, predatory, vicious with an obvious intent to injure. He shouldn’t be in the league.

Hossa, thank God, though still under observation at home, seems to be all right.
Make that three out of four years with that Havlat hit.

Torres should be suspended indefinitely and the owners should blackball him from the league.

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Illinihockey

The Hawks made a mistake when they didn't go after him in the regular season. Will they send someone after him next year?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Anything less than the rest of the playoffs and a sit down a la Cooke where he is told he is done in the NHL if he gets suspended again is a disgrace. I was there. 21,500 looking for blood, never been a part of anything like that. Refs were OUT OF CONTROL, also need to be done for the playoffs at the very least.
Same here, all this BS is taking away from the "hockey" game. I know the players were in shock as well as the fans. I guess the NHL seems fine that players are now being hauled off the ice on stretchers in front of families at a sporting event. Was I the only one disappointed that not one Hawk player attacked either Vrabata, Doan or Whitney?

Old
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypik View Post
Same here, all this BS is taking away from the "hockey" game. I know the players were in shock as well as the fans. I guess the NHL seems fine that players are now being hauled off the ice on stretchers in front of families at a sporting event. Was I the only one disappointed that not one Hawk player attacked either Vrabata, Doan or Whitney?
ehhhhh

I waffle around with this. On one hand, its retribution for letting their goon run wild, on another its not exactly the kind of hockey I'd like my team to play. At the very least they should have been PUNISHING every good player on phoenix with clean hits every time they touched the puck.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:29 AM
cherrypik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
The Hawks made a mistake when they didn't go after him in the regular season. Will they send someone after him next year?
Yup, I was saying that all year to my buddies as well. They must be afraid of him because I can't think of anything else.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Why do a lot of you want someone to hurt another player in a sports game? If you really think Torres was trying to hurt Hossa you are delusional. Torres plays the game on the edge and sometime does uncontrolled(his acts) retarded plays, which he should get in trouble for and will.

Hope Hossa recovers quickly

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
Why do a lot of you want someone to hurt another player in a sports game? If you really think Torres was trying to hurt Hossa you are delusional. Torres plays the game on the edge and sometime does uncontrolled(his acts) retarded plays, which he should get in trouble for and will.

Except he has a long history of this kinda stuff including a kind of similar play on seabrook exactly 1 year ago yesterday.

If teams want to have a guy like that skating around head hunting then they should be willing to deal with the potential backlash by their opponent.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:

i guess im delusional then because i think some players when they get riled up do exactly that.

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:47 AM
FreakyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownDoctor View Post
I don't know what to say... But can any of us really project how long he'll get suspended? I saw Weber take a players head and smash it into the boards in the closing seconds of a game and got nothing for it. Shaw basically ran into a goalie and got 3 games, while we've seen purposeful head shots get less than that. I don't know what to expect for Torres. He should be out of the playoffs, but I'm not calling **** until it happens.
It will be a long suspension for sure. Shanny was pretty clear about previous infractions being a factor in his suspension of Hags for his hit on Alfie. Hags got three games and his history is squeaky clean. Torres? Not so much.

If Torres sees NHL ice before 2013 I would even less confidence in the league's ability to doll out effective discipline. He needs 41 games at least.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
azrael111

I think Torres just needs to hear how much we respect Hoss and all he's done for us. Does anyone know which local hotel the Coyotes are staying at and it's address? I think Raffi would enjoy all the Blackhawk fans who pay him a visit to just meet and sit down with him and chat. Thanks!

azrael111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:58 AM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:

I agree that wishing harm on another player is all kinds of stupid, but Torres isn't playing on the edge. He plays slightly past the end most of the time, and then dives off the deep end at least once a year.

And he'll continue doing so, as will others in the league, unless Shanny drops a megabanhammer on him. And then when others do the same, do it again.

If the league wanted to make an example out of Shaw, then they've got the logical obligation and responsibility to just throw the ****ing book at Torres.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:04 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

This is from only an hour ago. Do you think this is really weird? Now I'm worried that the NHL will say the hit was fine.

Quote:
Sarah McLellan ‏ @azc_mclellan
Coyotes haven't heard anything regarding Torres so far today.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended indefinitely, pending an in-person hearing Friday, April 20, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today. The hearing, which had been planned for today, was deferred at the request of the player and the National Hockey League Players' Association.

The hearing will be convened at the NHL's New York office for a hit Torres delivered to Chicago forward Marian Hossa 12:42 into the first period of Game 3 of the teams' Western Conference Quarterfinal series in Chicago on Tuesday, April 17.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=628445

Old
04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
This is from only an hour ago. Do you think this is really weird? Now I'm worried that the NHL will say the hit was fine.
Anything would surprise me at this point.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Wouldn't surprise me in the least. However, we can remember back to Cooke's suspension and that came later in the day.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:08 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

What?!?! The game is on Thursday. Kuc

Quote:
RT @JoshRimerHockey: Raffi Torres will have In Person Hearing with Brendan Shanahan on Friday. #Blackhawks

Old
04-18-2012, 12:09 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
That just means he's automatically suspended for Thursday

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
"The hearing, which had been planned for today, was deferred at the request of the player and the National Hockey League Players' Association."

Old
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
WTF is up with the Coyotes trying to control everything.

coldsteelonice84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:11 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
"The hearing, which had been planned for today, was deferred at the request of the player and the National Hockey League Players' Association."

Kuc just said he is already suspended indefinitely.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Yeah, he's suspended indefinitely.

I was actually getting worried they were going to say it was a clean hit.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:16 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Probably deferred to see if Hossa recovers at all.

... Hossa is texting with teammates. The next step obviously is contact on the ice.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 04-18-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old
04-18-2012, 12:55 PM
16Gamer

Such a crock. So if he plays on Thursday, the suspension will be fewer games. I still don't understand the logic here w/ Shanahan. I guess intent to injure and previous history aren't a factor in the suspension. All that matters is severity of injury....

16Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
^
He wont be playing

Indef Suspen pending hearing

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 01:01 PM