HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks' Injury Thread: He will play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches.

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Big fat dad

vCash: 500
If he's back are the LA players told by the coaching staff to maybe target him more? Not in a dirty way, but making sure they lay some clean body on him?

Old
04-17-2012, 02:05 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagar View Post
If he's back are the LA players told by the coaching staff to maybe target him more? Not in a dirty way, but making sure they lay some clean body on him?
Just like any other important player coming back after a long time off during the playoffs.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:06 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
After seeing all of these suspensions over the last weekend, the nhl has really made a mockery of the daniel sedin injury. 3 playoff games for shaw vs. 5 regular season games for duncan keith for a clear intent to injure daniel sedin. It just makes me sick that duncan keith's suspension wasn't much longer.

Old
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
ItWasTheCat

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
After seeing all of these suspensions over the last weekend, the nhl has really made a mockery of the daniel sedin injury. 3 playoff games for shaw vs. 5 regular season games for duncan keith for a clear intent to injure daniel sedin. It just makes me sick that duncan keith's suspension wasn't much longer.
Not to mention the 3 games for Hagelin.

I believe it's more of a case of Shanahan realizing that Keith's 5 games wasn't enough (realizing Daniel's extended absence).

That being said, it's a shame he didn't get more.

Old
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Type Not Specified
Part of the process

Quote:
I doubt they need to be told.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:26 PM
xtr3m

Quote:
Exactly what Brown and Doughty were saying today. "He's their leading scorer," etc.

Old
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

I hope he isn't rushing it cause he'll have a target on his back and LA will be looking for a big hit on him. I hope he doesn't play I don't want him to risk his health of one game, if we lose then we're weren't going to win with him. If Danny boy is ready, healthy and 110% recovered from the concussion then wicked.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
yoss

I almost hope he doesnt play tomorrow tbh. No sense risking it if there is every the slightest doubt. Plus i'd like to see them win without him, think it would be a morale boost.

Of course we do stand better chance probably with him in there and healthy, unless he's super rusty.

Old
04-17-2012, 07:53 PM
vector209

Him coming back so soon after a supposed setback is a mistake in my opinion. It's just way too soon.

Just my diagnosis.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mark Recchi

Old
04-18-2012, 12:46 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Daniel has said he is in the worst shape he has been in for five years. Slow at any time, this is too easy for the Kings! Damiel should be back when he can skate, not when the team is desperate.

If Vignault has any brains, he'll tell the team to force another game and then maybe Daniel can play.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:56 AM
yankeeking

Kings fan here in peace, henrik gained major props from anyone at the game that was a hell of a hit and for a couple of minutes a little scary watching him try to reach for the side boards, when he came back and played well again he earned respect for that, just hope his brother is ready there is major hitting going both ways and he is too good to risk his career or health on rushing back

Old
04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Feels like Bolland coming back in Game 4 last year, and it was revealed later he wasn't fully healed too. I just hope AV doesn't play him before he's ready.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:14 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Feels like Bolland coming back in Game 4 last year, and it was revealed later he wasn't fully healed too. I just hope AV doesn't play him before he's ready.
Seriously doubt Bolland came back too early. The NHLPA would have had a field day with that one.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:19 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Kings fan here in peace, henrik gained major props from anyone at the game that was a hell of a hit and for a couple of minutes a little scary watching him try to reach for the side boards, when he came back and played well again he earned respect for that, just hope his brother is ready there is major hitting going both ways and he is too good to risk his career or health on rushing back
That's awesome to hear! He really did gut it out that game. It's too bad Daniel is a soft Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Daniel has said he is in the worst shape he has been in for five years. Slow at any time, this is too easy for the Kings! Damiel should be back when he can skate, not when the team is desperate.

If Vignault has any brains, he'll tell the team to force another game and then maybe Daniel can play.
If Daniel is healthy but not fit you better believe he'll be in there. There might not be a game 5.. and Daniel is an upgrade on Weise (or who ever comes out of the line up).

At the very least it will bolster our bottom six with the trickle down.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:32 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
Even if Danny isn't fit right now, he'll still be useful on the PP.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:47 AM
Colin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Even if Danny isn't fit right now, he'll still be useful on the PP.
Exactly, any way he can contribute will be a big boost to the team.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:03 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Seriously doubt Bolland came back too early. The NHLPA would have had a field day with that one.
I saw seeing it somewhere but I can't remember where. I also wouldn't put it past the Kings to hit him high whenever they land a check on him anyway.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:05 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post

What is this....

Old
04-18-2012, 03:22 AM
Ched Brosky

I think Daniel is lying because he wants the team to win and feels he can help them even if he isn't 100%.

Was it him or Henrik that had the tip of one of their fingers cut off just so they could continue to play in the SEL playoffs during the lockout?

Either way if one twin is willing to do that to help his Swedish team for one season, why wouldn't he rush back early if he thought it would help his NHL team

Old
04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
I think Daniel is lying because he wants the team to win and feels he can help them even if he isn't 100%.

Was it him or Henrik that had the tip of one of their fingers cut off just so they could continue to play in the SEL playoffs during the lockout?

Either way if one twin is willing to do that to help his Swedish team for one season, why wouldn't he rush back early if he thought it would help his NHL team
Hank.

Maybe.. But the man is gonna do what he's gonna do, I just wish him well and pray he keeps his head up.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Dado

vCash:
I don't like even the idea that Daniel might play. The possible reward is just not worth the risk.

Let him sit until training camp.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:44 AM
elproducto

The Kings fans on HFboards are hoping that if Dank plays he gets worked.

Let's hope the team doesn't feel the same way.

Old
04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elproducto View Post

The Kings said yesterday they are going to repeatedly hit him. This is stupid letting him play.

Why waste a MVP player at a remote chance to win, when they can fully heal, get strong, shore up the shortcomings and make a run next year focused and determined?

Old
04-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
The Kings said yesterday they are going to repeatedly hit him. This is stupid letting him play.

Why waste a MVP player at a remote chance to win, when they can fully heal, get strong, shore up the shortcomings and make a run next year focused and determined?
Completely agree. If the team is going to take that kind of risk for so little potential reward, might as well play Lack instead of Schneider or Luongo.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by elproducto View Post

Obviously.

Reminds me of something else....but what...

Oh yah, when Bolland came back last year and everyone on this board said we should play him as physically as possible to test his concussion.

Closed Thread