HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wed., April 18, 2012 | Rangers at Senators | 7:30 pm EST | CBC | Game 4, Round 1

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I actually think someone should accidentally on purpose run/fall on Lundqvist right off the bat. We haven't go in his grill enough.

Also, Maclean needs to put Spezza and Karlsson out on the PP together. We're just wasting these rare chances instead. It was painful to watch Phillips take a penalty on our PP in the dying minutes on Monday. That was when I knew it was over.

If Alfie is a no go, put Butler up with Spezza.
I found it particularly stupid in game 3 that Foligno takes a penalty for dropping Callahan after the whistle. Everyone settles down from that point on and there are no more penalties. And yet later in the game when Lundqvist threw a punch at Konopka(or whoever was there) for just standing near him it drew nothing from the refs. I think the players need to annoy the King a little bit more often as he seems to not like it when people start crowding him.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
I found it particularly stupid in game 3 that Foligno takes a penalty for dropping Callahan after the whistle. Everyone settles down from that point on and there are no more penalties. And yet later in the game when Lundqvist threw a punch at Konopka(or whoever was there) for just standing near him it drew nothing from the refs. I think the players need to annoy the King a little bit more often as he seems to not like it when people start crowding him.
Exactly. Its not about hurting anyone, its about getting him thinking about anything else but stopping the puck. Divide (attention) an conquer.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensHero View Post
I disagree, I say run him and hurt him. Who really cares. If you are able to elbow the other teams best player and put him out for the series, and only get a 3 game suspension, then I say it's well worth it. If it means advancing to the next round it's almost foolish not to try. Every other team seems to be doing it. Shaw on Smith is a prime example. Weber slamming Zetterberg, Torres hitting Hossa, Neal attempting a hit on Giroux, everyone is trying to win at all costs.
It always disappoints me to read these kind of posts. Yes, you want to win, but you're leaving out SUCH an important element in your consideration: these people are human beings. Team colours be damned. Rivalries be damned. VICTORY be damned. Intentionally reducing someone's quality of life for ANY reason is just wrong.

04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
The old NJ Devils trick would work good tonight - don't send the usual suspects in to crash the crease, put the little guys like Turris, Karlsson, Hoffman and they fall on top of Lunqvist so we don't get penalties. Send Foligno, Smiht or Knoka in there and it will be two minutes for interference guaranteed - the little guys never get penalties and can do just as much damage.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
Wait, you wanted a PP?

Old
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Upgrayedd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
It always disappoints me to read these kind of posts. Yes, you want to win, but you're leaving out SUCH an important element in your consideration: these people are human beings. Team colours be damned. Rivalries be damned. VICTORY be damned. Intentionally reducing someone's quality of life for ANY reason is just wrong.
I would agree with you if this was amatuer sports, also just gonna point out this is the SECOND time this season a ranger has landed an elbow on our captain's head.... would you prefer to be known as a winning organisation or a classy one? I say two eyes for an eye!

Old
04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
I would agree with you if this was amatuer sports, also just gonna point out this is the SECOND time this season a ranger has landed an elbow on our captain's head.... would you prefer to be known as a winning organisation or a classy one? I say two eyes for an eye!
They don't have to be mutually exclusive. The Detroit Red Wings have proven this time and time again.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:35 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Mahatma Gandhi

Old
04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
FQL must be excited.

Is it confirmed he'll play? He shall be our saviour! Praise Alife.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Hoffman took the morning skate with the Sens, MacLean must be considering him as a possible for tonight.
doesn't want Butler to get comfortable.

After listening to Carkner scrum hes talking like hes in...chances are hes not and just trying to mess with NY.

Old
04-18-2012, 01:57 PM
topshelfie

Old
04-18-2012, 02:05 PM
WalySpezza*

I feel bad for Turris. He keeps banging his head on that stolen goal by lundqvist. hes brought it up in two interviews. If any one should be upset on a missed oppertunity it should be Jim O'Brein for delaying to long to pull the trigger

Old
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalySpezza View Post
I feel bad for Turris. He keeps banging his head on that stolen goal by lundqvist. hes brought it up in two interviews. If any one should be upset on a missed oppertunity it should be Jim O'Brein for delaying to long to pull the trigger
Turris has had that happen a few times this year.

Wasn't there another big miss earlier in the season?

Given how often he gets into scoring position, at some point, he's going to bag a ton.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Remember when Pronger elbowed McCammon during that final series against Annahiem, Ottawa seemed to lose any momentum after that & Pronger only received a one game suspension. McCammon was playing pretty good up to that point but never played another playoff game for the Sens.

It happens, players target other team's best players, with the money at stake today, future contracts for millions of dollars, people will do almost anything to win. There is a reason why Carkner only got a one game suspension & IMO would not have gotten anything if he would have stopped punching Boyle once he went down. He was protecting one of his teammates & I think Shannahan saw it as a hockey play, it was the accessive punching once Boyle went down that got him suspended.

The NHL does a very poor job of protecting it's players, while Pronger got only one game for a vicious elbow the penalty has now gone up to three games while the players concussed are out for the whole playoffs. A player who throws a vicious elbow to the head should be automatically thrown out for the whole playoffs too, that would stop head shots immediately. But they won't do that in case it's Crosby or Ovechkin throwing the elbow so it is up to the players to protect their teammates or get retrobution after they are blindsided or elbowed. Don't blame the players blame the league, they are the ones that put in the instigator rule.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:09 PM
ShoShaun19

With or without Alfie we can do this!! But it would definitely be nice to have him back. Go Sens Go!

Old
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

I'm so friggin pumped, is it 7:30 yet?

Old
04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalySpezza View Post
I can see why JOB delayed; wanted to make sure he hit the net. He's a 4th liner in his first NHL playoff series. Next time he may one time it, and it'll probably sail over the bar.
You know 100% that Briere first times that and it hits the back of the net; as does Alfie.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Wait, you wanted a PP?

If they were going to call anyone for starting crap after the whistle proven by the Foligno call, yeah Lundqvist should've taken a penalty on that play. Konopka wasn't touching him and the only thing he did to "provoke" Lundqvist was stand within about a foot.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

We lose this game and we're done. Win it for Alfie guys!

Old
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
I can see why JOB delayed; wanted to make sure he hit the net. He's a 4th liner in his first NHL playoff series. Next time he may one time it, and it'll probably sail over the bar.
You know 100% that Briere first times that and it hits the back of the net; as does Alfie.
It didn't look like O'Brien delayed to me, it looked like he was trying to get the puck under control to get a proper shot on net & would have scored if not for Bickel's arm deflecting the puck. Hard to get a good shot when the puck is bouncing.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:21 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Remember when Pronger elbowed McCammon during that final series against Annahiem, Ottawa seemed to lose any momentum after that & Pronger only received a one game suspension. McCammon was playing pretty good up to that point but never played another playoff game for the Sens.

It happens, players target other team's best players, with the money at stake today, future contracts for millions of dollars, people will do almost anything to win. There is a reason why Carkner only got a one game suspension & IMO would not have gotten anything if he would have stopped punching Boyle once he went down. He was protecting one of his teammates & I think Shannahan saw it as a hockey play, it was the accessive punching once Boyle went down that got him suspended.

The NHL does a very poor job of protecting it's players, while Pronger got only one game for a vicious elbow the penalty has now gone up to three games while the players concussed are out for the whole playoffs. A player who throws a vicious elbow to the head should be automatically thrown out for the whole playoffs too, that would stop head shots immediately. But they won't do that in case it's Crosby or Ovechkin throwing the elbow so it is up to the players to protect their teammates or get retrobution after they are blindsided or elbowed. Don't blame the players blame the league, they are the ones that put in the instigator rule.
McAmmond was a beauty for us. Loved his speed on the bottom lines.

04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
I'm glad Cowen laid off his kamikaze short handed rushes in the playoffs.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:36 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
McAmmond was a beauty for us. Loved his speed on the bottom lines.
We've got Condra as a pretty good substitute for Deano now. What he might lack in Dean's blazing speed, he makes up in stamina.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
KA BLAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
We lose this game and we're done. Win it for Alfie guys!
I'm sure Bingo said the same thing when they were down 3-1 last year.

Old
04-18-2012, 02:37 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
I'm glad Cowen laid off his kamikaze short handed rushes in the playoffs.
That's what we've got Gilroy for, silly.

Closed Thread