HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian Mother ****ing Boyle

Old
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
I agree.
I can pull up a plethora of threads that say many of the following:

Trade Boyle for a bag of pucks
Send Boyle down
Boyle sucks
Boyle is the most useless guy on our team

Seriously, such a short-term and reactionary fan-base. I thought the guy has been solid for two straight years.

I think Bickle has been solid too. Stralman has been magnificent.
Do you only post here when you want to try and bring us all down? Boo hoo we overreact sometimes.

The only thing people hated on Boyle was him getting lots of ice-time, especially in moments when we are desperate for a goal. He scored 11 goals this year, and those threads were when he had much less. Everyone also criticized him saying that he had a fluke 20 goal season, which was pretty much true.

We always appreciated his defense, but we were certainly not wrong on him being bad offensively, just that he was on the ice in completely wrong situations.

04-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
I'd like BMFB to win some FO off SPEZZA tonight . While his

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Dorado*

I'd like BMFB to win some FO off SPEZZA tonight . While his Play has been beastly ..... WE NEED PUCK POSSESION OFF FO

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Rangerfans

Do you only post here when you want to try and bring us all down? Boo hoo we overreact sometimes.

No, but we should SUPPORT are team through thick and thin. I understand if someone messes up hardcore to throw him under out of frustration. I get it. But what I don't like is there is always SOMEONE who is targeted by this fanbase.

The only thing people hated on Boyle was him getting lots of ice-time, especially in moments when we are desperate for a goal. He scored 11 goals this year, and those threads were when he had much less. Everyone also criticized him saying that he had a fluke 20 goal season, which was pretty much true.

We always appreciated his defense, but we were certainly not wrong on him being bad offensively, just that he was on the ice in completely wrong situations.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I disagree. I don't think he was ever really appreciated -- nor am I saying that you never appreciated him. Boyle was thrown under the bus pretty hard. Even when he was awesome to watch defensively, he would get attacked for his lack of scoring (but guys like Toots and Betts were praised for their defensive work).

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2940
I think it has to do with when he is on the ice. When people hate on him, it's because he's frequently on the ice way too much towards the end of the game when we're down a goal. What always comes of that is a loss, because he never scores.

He also misses the net a lot, especially when there's a wide-open net, or an odd-man rush. O

Just because he was never appreciated means we all hated him. He just got a lot of hate because his terrible offense, which IMO was all deserved.

Kane One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:01 PM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
I'd like BMFB to win some FO off SPEZZA tonight . While his Play has been beastly ..... WE NEED PUCK POSSESION OFF FO
agree, but I will say he was much better at the dot at home. Its not easy to win 50% or anywhere close to it on the road.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:20 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogans View Post
agree, but I will say he was much better at the dot at home. Its not easy to win 50% or anywhere close to it on the road.
Especially against Spezza, who is an excellent faceoff man.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Perro

I've been a big Kings fan for a long time.
I am still bitter toward Lombardi for letting Purcell, Moulson, and Boyle go. Of the three when they were with the Kings Boyle was my favorite.
I always thought he would become a dominent 3rd line centre. Games like his last one make me think Iwas right. What a beast out there.
He is the reason why I am cheering on the Rangers in the East.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I think it has to do with when he is on the ice. When people hate on him, it's because he's frequently on the ice way too much towards the end of the game when we're down a goal.
We've been over this point so many times now, forgive me if get a bit snide.

Please answer the following question:How does Boyle get on the ice?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
We've been over this point so many times now, forgive me if get a bit snide.

Please answer the following question:How does Boyle get on the ice?
by using his body in front of the net offensively and being in position defensively.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
by using his body in front of the net offensively and being in position defensively.
No.

Boyle gets on the ice because Torts tells him to. Only reason and I've been saying it for months.

If you want to crap on some one, crap on Torts. Tough to do. The guy has a division leading team. People know they then come off as thinking they know more than the coach.

Which Looks pretty silly. Don't want to look silly here.

Especially when we look so smart quoting all those stats and sub stats and stuff. And perform cute you tube dig ups of Boyle missing his check in the NCAA championship game a billion years ago.

So, path of least resistance. Crap on a player who has more than his share of awkward moments and is not scoring to match an off the charts career best season last year. A big teddy bear of a guy who keeps his mouth shut and just goes out and busts his ass every night without complaint or compromise.

He's a much easier target. That works for a lot of folks.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
JayQueensNY88*

There should be a pol of how many Boyle bandwagon fans are here!!!!!!!! Cause 3/4 board *****ed about him before the players..Yes,its great to say,i liked him and wanted him since he was in L.A........

I cant stand Mitchell,thats ut!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote