HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

ECQF Game 3 | 4/17/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, SunSports, TSN

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2012, 10:48 AM
  #801
Paul DiPietro55
Registered User
 
Paul DiPietro55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lugano
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
I told you guys we were gonna win away from home.

First playoff appearance in way too many years. Check.
First playoff home win in way too many years. Check.
First playoff away victory in way too many years. Check.

next step would reaching the next round.

Just kidding, still can't believe we are in the playoffs. Can't wait for the next game.

Clemmer to start next game and Weiss to score the OT winner.

Paul DiPietro55 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 10:52 AM
  #802
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,468
vCash: 500
god i love reading the devils boards still taking shots at our team as much as they can. But 5 on 5. But officiating. But goaltending.

**** that. We are a superior team than they are quite simply because our defense far far far exceeds theirs in talent, work ethic, offense. and our goaltending far far far exceeds theirs if i had a choice for broduer, theodore, or clemmensen thursday night for the panthers my list would be this:

Clemmmensen>Theodore>Brodeur. Brodeur is by far the worst of three right now.

Its quite simple why we are leading this series: We are the better team right now.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 10:53 AM
  #803
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dont know if hes proven us wrong, or simply improved his play over the first two yrs. Nevertheless he has earned the start. Still not sure if KD will give it to him. Maybe hes starting to think of Clemmer as Mariano Rivera.
To be fair, Clemmer wasn't bad last year either. The reason people started disliking him was because he couldn't stop a beachball his first handful of games here (first year). He later proceeded to blame his teammates and DeBoer's system instead of being accountable for his play. He's really been an unsung hero this year, though.

Erick is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:07 AM
  #804
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig
 
I May Be Wrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,368
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
I love being the underdog. Upsetting other teams' fans is just too much fun haha.

I May Be Wrong is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
  #805
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
To be fair, Clemmer wasn't bad last year either. The reason people started disliking him was because he couldn't stop a beachball his first handful of games here (first year). He later proceeded to blame his teammates and DeBoer's system instead of being accountable for his play. He's really been an unsung hero this year, though.
Agreed, although not unsung, we have all given him plenty of credit especially for carrying us when theo went down.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:31 AM
  #806
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill
 
CatWoman34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
Missed the game, and watching the replay on NHL Network now.

Can't believe I missed this epic comeback!!

Can't wait for Game 4!!

CatWoman34 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:32 AM
  #807
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMPuck View Post
Dumb question perhaps, but why was their no penalty on the goalie interference call that negated the potential tying goal.
I think it's because the refs basically acknowledged an "oops".

As you noted, it's pretty rare to not call a penalty there if you've disallowing a goal; the refs basically said, "my bad", definitely one of those calls that could go 50:50 either way, but that's about the least amount of incidental "contact" you can have and have a goal waived off. I mean, watching the tape, Clemmer was just barely touched, and that puck was going in anyway. Just added to the Devils' Murphy's Law that has been the last 2 games.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
  #808
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 7,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I think it's because the refs basically acknowledged an "oops".

As you noted, it's pretty rare to not call a penalty there if you've disallowing a goal; the refs basically said, "my bad", definitely one of those calls that could go 50:50 either way, but that's about the least amount of incidental "contact" you can have and have a goal waived off. I mean, watching the tape, Clemmer was just barely touched, and that puck was going in anyway. Just added to the Devils' Murphy's Law that has been the last 2 games.
Your post conradicts itself.

If the call as you say is 50:50, than its not an oops. Its a call that is 50:50.

Both NHL network and TSN agreed it was the right call.

Both fanbases can whine about calls, but good teams win despite reffing.

Murphy isnt between the pipes.

adam graves is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
  #809
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,986
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I think it's because the refs basically acknowledged an "oops".

As you noted, it's pretty rare to not call a penalty there if you've disallowing a goal; the refs basically said, "my bad", definitely one of those calls that could go 50:50 either way, but that's about the least amount of incidental "contact" you can have and have a goal waived off. I mean, watching the tape, Clemmer was just barely touched, and that puck was going in anyway. Just added to the Devils' Murphy's Law that has been the last 2 games.
I've seen it happen several times, contact enough to disallow the goal, but not blatant enough to be a penalty. When I saw the replay, I understood why it was called that way. Felt it worked seeing as how we had the phantom stick double-minor against Matthias. Weird series, been fun though.

With being out for 12 years, Panthers don't really have a hate-on that do many other teams have, think that's why our series has been so tame, compared to the others that is. Still, a bit surprised Clarkson and Guds haven't gone yet.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 11:52 AM
  #810
KWGoon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I've seen it happen several times, contact enough to disallow the goal, but not blatant enough to be a penalty. When I saw the replay, I understood why it was called that way. Felt it worked seeing as how we had the phantom stick double-minor against Matthias. Weird series, been fun though.

With being out for 12 years, Panthers don't really have a hate-on that do many other teams have, think that's why our series has been so tame, compared to the others that is. Still, a bit surprised Clarkson and Guds haven't gone yet.
And I think you're right -- rule 69.1 clearly states that goal should be disallowed if the offensive player interferes with the goalie's ability to move freely about the crease, which he did.

Penalty call is actually separate from disallowed goal. It just happens more often that the refs call both a penalty and disallowed goal. But that is not required.

On Guds and Clarkson, Clarkson is clearly trying to agitate Guds, without success. Guds is winning the chess game so far.

KWGoon is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 12:56 PM
  #811
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,255
vCash: 500
(deleted: This is the Panthers forum. If you think it should have been a goal, go complain about it in the NJ forum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
a bit surprised Clarkson and Guds haven't gone yet.
That's a bad trade. Clarkson really doesnt fight much anymore like you're familiar with in years past. He's developed into a 30 goal scorer and a great puck-possession guy. When you're a 30 goal scorer, it becomes irresponsible of you to get into fights and miss 5-minute chunks of games. That, IMO, is the biggest reason why you dont see Clarkson fight much anymore.


Last edited by angry_treefrog: 04-18-2012 at 01:17 PM.
BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
  #812
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,332
vCash: 500
Both NHL Network & TSN said it (the no-goal call) was the right call by the refs. I believe it was borderline. 50-50 as you said before. It felt weird when they made the call because as a Panther fan we have always been on the short end of those 50-50 calls for the last 12years. You can say all you want that the goal should have counted but like our last 12 years you guys were on the short end of a 50-50 call. So now you know how a Panther fan feels like accept we've had to deal with it longer then just one game.


Last edited by angry_treefrog: 04-18-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: qdp
Beezer is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
  #813
KWGoon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Someone on NHL.com nicknamed Theo "Jose Threeormore". Sadly, that's pretty funny.

KWGoon is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 01:18 PM
  #814
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Someone on NHL.com nicknamed Theo "Jose Threeormore". Sadly, that's pretty funny.
That's pretty untrue and lacks originality.
He's been called that for years.

Erick is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
  #815
floridashawn
Registered User
 
floridashawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Awesome, awesome comeback! 1st period, it was not looking good, but they showed great resiliency to score 4 unanswered.

Go !
Thats a great avatar LMAO

floridashawn is offline  
Old
04-18-2012, 03:53 PM
  #816
ps241
Drunken rant!
 
ps241's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,415
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
terrible icing call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Awesome, awesome comeback! 1st period, it was not looking good, but they showed great resiliency to score 4 unanswered.

Go !
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridashawn View Post
Thats a great avatar LMAO
jets fan coming in peace. I said it when you won the division that your team deserved it based on the consistant play from the beginning of the year. congrats on the gutzy comeback win....Panthers have a similar GDT vibe as the Jets....get down big and watch the board melt down the cue the comeback and watch the fans go through epic mood swing. as I have said on many occasions I think HFBoards are missing the boat by not having GDT's sponsored by a big Pharma company with an effective mood stabilizing drug (only half joking).

All seriousness I am sure you are all having fun watching hockey this spring

On a side note YWGinYYZ created some amazing GDT's for our Jets this season......epic!! If you are bored and get a chance on an off game day search "threads started" by him. Amazing photoshop skills and such a sense of humor.

Good luck on your run and take time to breath and enjoy between Defibulator sessions

ps241 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.