HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #4: Rangers at Sens

Old
04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
How the hell is Marian Gaborik getting shut down by the Senators, who don't have a shutdown defenseman? Karlsson is fairly average defensively.
It's the playoffs.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Blue Line Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
There's this guy called Jonathan Quick. I suggest you watch him play sometime. He doesnt make excuses that he's playing the President's Trophy winners or had one of the worst offenses in the league this year.

Excuses. That's all we hear. You do realize that great goalies have carried weak teams through the postseason by themselves, right?
Maybe you haven't been watching those games but that whole team stepped up and is playing great. It's certainly not because Quick is stealing the series...

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The Dubi part, yes. The rest, no.

Never make trades in the heat of an OT loss.
Stepan has completely disappeared for over half the season.

MDZ no offense sucks BALLS. The guy never shoots when necessary and when hes on a breakaway waits till a defender is on and when he is basically on top of the goalie with nowhere to shoot and cant get a clean shot. He sucks and is very overrated.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

vCash: 827
Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
I hate Overtime. Honestly.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
if we get out of this series, who are we beating with a real offense?
they've played 1 good game all series! this team playing scared.
Ottawa was 4th in the league in goals for. They are a real offense.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
To be honest, the Bruins/Flyers don't scare me as much as the Sens do. We match up better with the former.

We just need to escape this series. Game 5 is the biggest game in the series.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
You think we'd be being beat down by the Pens or Flyers right now?

A grand illusion is that the winner of a low scoring series is somehow unlikely to best the winner of a high scoring series. As though the manner of defensive play and goaltending had nothing to do with it.

04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
My biggest problem so far is how much we've backed into our own end. Yeah we've had some pushes but for the most part, we've been pinned.

That's what I don't like. They better come out for blood next game because mark my words, Alfie will be playing.
My problem i have with them in their own end is they dont look around to pass the puck, they just throw it into corners and end up having to work harder and longer in their own zone. They cant move the puck up the ice

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Ail
k.

First of all, torts is a ****ing retard. Rolling 3 lines in the playoffs where everything is more physical and intense, and with a possibility of OT, how ****ing stupid. I know it's hard to play a 4th line that consists on a rookie out of college, an AHL nothingmaster, and a washed up Mike Rupp, but ****ing give me a break here. For as much as Torts got this team to the 1st seed in the East (which I am starting to wonder if it was some kind of soul pact) he continues to make the same stubborn mistakes with his lines and relying on players who aren't meant to play the minutes he is giving them.

Coaching aside this team is pathetic. Really. They're the 1st seed and they haven't made a game yet look like it. The first game was as close as it gets, and they still did not show up for 60 minutes. Speaking of that, how many games did this team show up for 60 minutes this year? Three, four? They got by on the fact that the defense was playing over their head and Lundqvist had a career year.

Honestly, the sooner this team loses the better, because they are not contenders and the worse they look after finishing first the better. Maybe Sather will actually fix the ****ing offense issue in the offseason. Trade Dubinsky's worthless ass and trade a god damn d-man since they have so many of them and ****ing bring in someone to play with Richards and Gaborik.

Speaking of d-men, at least Staal is playing physical, if everyone on this team was capable of manhandling people they way Staal is, they'd probably would have swept this **** Ottawa team. This team hasn't been physical enough against an Ottawa team that would absolutely fold if they brought some god damn intimidation and fire.

What an absolutely disgusting showing. I hope people understand why some of us were concerned about this teams abysmal play down the stretch at times, because here it ****ing is, back to haunt us.

Makes me sick.

Last edited by Ail: 04-18-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
You have selective memory. There was some great chances for the Rangers in the 3rd.

Step away from the ledge guys. Game 5 is a must win and they will. No team ever coasts through a round of the playoffs. This is why the Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win.
Agreed!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

When is Stepan going to wake up? He's been horrible since March, and didn't reset for the playoffs.

Looks like there's a correlation between Dubi's regular season numbers and playoff numbers.

Fun fact: Pittsburgh scored more goals tonight than we've scored all series. Of course, I wouldn't want to be in their position.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
we want cup
We do not Sow

This Rangers team has always struggled against fast teams. That's always been their biggest weakness. Majors speed is something that they just don't handle well, and the Senators have that. Anybody who thought this series was going to be a cakewalk was crazy.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Criticizing somebody and pointing out deficiencies doesnt make anybody a defeatist.

I'm still confident this team will win this round.

Henrik isn't standing on his head to make this 2-2. Neither is Anderson. If you ask me, both goalies have been pretty average in terms of the quality of shots they are stopping and the quality of shots theyre letting in.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Focusing on aesthetics of play is a little strange considering the manner in which this team earned 1st seed.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
First of all, torts is a ****ing retard. Rolling 3 lines in the playoffs where everything is more physical and intense, and with a possibility of OT, how ****ing stupid. I know it's hard to play a 4th line that consists on a rookie out of college, an AHL nothingmaster, and a washed up Mike Rupp, but ****ing give me a break here. For as much as Torts got this team to the 1st seed in the East (which I am starting to wonder if it was some kind of soul pact) he continues to make the same stubborn mistakes with his lines and relying on players who aren't meant to play the minutes he is giving them.

Coaching aside this team is pathetic. Really. They're the 1st seed and they haven't made a game yet look like it. The first game was as close as it gets, and they still did not show up for 60 minutes. Speaking of that, how many games did this team show up for 60 minutes this year? Three, four? They got by on the fact that the defense was playing over their head and Lundqvist had a career year.

Honestly, the sooner this team loses the better, because they are not contenders and the worse they look after finishing first the better. Maybe Sather will actually fix the ****ing offense issue in the offseason. Trade Dubinsky's worthless ass and trade a god damn d-man since they have so many of them and ****ing bring in someone to play with Richards and Gaborik.

Speaking of d-men, at least Staal is playing physical, if everyone on this team was capable of manhandling people they way Staal is, they'd probably would have swept this **** Ottawa team. This team hasn't been physical enough against an Ottawa team that would absolutely fold if they bought so god damn intimidation and fire.

What an absolutely disgusting showing. I hope people understand why some of us were concerned about this teams abysmal play down the stretch at times, because here it ****ing is, back to haunt us.

Makes me sick.
2008, and 2011 against the Caps... Same ole BS.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HAPPY HOUR

7 straight playoff OT losses. Different players (minus the goalie) but...

Twist that anyway you want but that is a choke job right there.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Some questions:

Why is Brandon Prust leading our forwards in ice time?

Why was Mike Rupp out there during OT (even though he played well)?

Why is Gaborik invisible?

Why break up the Gaborik/Richards pairing?

Where the hell are Stepan, Anisimov and Dubinsky?

When is Zuccarello going to be available so John Mitchell can take a sit in the press box and we can actually have some skill out there?

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Stepan has completely disappeared for over half the season.

MDZ no offense sucks BALLS. The guy never shoots when necessary and when hes on a breakaway waits till a defender is on and when he is basically on top of the goalie with nowhere to shoot and cant get a clean shot. He sucks and is very overrated.
Um, okay, these are two players that contributed significantly to the 2nd best team in the league. And still have 4-5 years before reaching their respective peaks. That would be crazy overpayment for Nash.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

One good thing happened though:

Staal and Girardi were reunited. Time to do this for the rest of the playoffs

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
On to game 5. Winner of that takes the series.

Anyone else down to trade Dubinsky, MDZ, and Stepan for Nash?
I am not adverse to trading Dubi, Stepan and AA for an offensive upgrade.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:07 PM
machphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
then on the flip side, we are 2 Ottawa goals away from being down and all but out. if Hank wasnt lights out last game, imagine how bad this board would be.
Right I was just trying to calm the we should already have lost this series crowd. It is what it is, but neither team has taken control over this series.

machphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
You really need to watch the replay. I've seen you describe this goal incorrectly like 5 times now. It doesn't even go in from the shot, it was stopped and then went in off of a skate...
All right, that's what I thought I saw. Too bad those idiots Sam and Joe made it sound like it beat him only because of the traffic in front. So I figured I saw it wrong, I saw another replay from another angle and didn't see it go off a skate. I don't know why those idiots Sam and Joe don't describe it like it is.

Anyway, last shot was stoppable. I'm tired of making excuses for every OT goal Lundqvist allows. He blows in OT and 1-7 is embarrassing.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Line Monster View Post
Maybe you haven't been watching those games but that whole team stepped up and is playing great. It's certainly not because Quick is stealing the series...
I've watched every second. Quick has been given leads and he makes them stand. He's extremely sound and is easily the best player in that series, including Brown.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
7 straight playoff OT losses. Different players (minus the goalie) but...

Twist that anyway you want but that is a choke job right there.
Game 4 last year being by far the worst.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Dude, I am starting to really want Zucc back

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote