HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #4: Rangers at Sens

Old
04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Or Neal?

So many inaccurate posts here, anger makes people forget facts.
There's also that guy, Crosby, who'll make a Pascal Dupuis look like a superstar.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I thought Rupp had a decent game. Great shift in OT too.

But yes, I really miss Hagelin and Zuccarello.
That he did, but let's face it, he sucks offensively, I think I can skate faster than him (and I don't even know how to skate) and he's not fighting anyone. Seems like there's no use for him.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
yes, it looks like Tort's mistake to separate those two, who together were at both Rangers' goals
I dont believe it wouldve made any difference.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
corduroyg

both stanley cup finalists last year went to game 7 ot in the 1st round.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
And scores the series clincher.

(Provided they actually win Game 5.)
would be pretty epic

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
both stanley cup finalists last year went to game 7 ot in the 1st round.
Look at their rosters. I could start with Seguin....

Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
That post of the EV strength ice time is misleading considering all the power play team the Rangers had.

Prust will be getting 15-17 minutes a game with torts rolling 3 lines.
I sure hope so

Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
There's also that guy, Crosby, who'll make a Pascal Dupuis look like a superstar.
Seriously. Matt ****ing Cooke went on a scoring tear with Crosby on his line.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
First of all, torts is a ****ing retard. Rolling 3 lines in the playoffs where everything is more physical and intense, and with a possibility of OT, how ****ing stupid. I know it's hard to play a 4th line that consists on a rookie out of college, an AHL nothingmaster, and a washed up Mike Rupp, but ****ing give me a break here. For as much as Torts got this team to the 1st seed in the East (which I am starting to wonder if it was some kind of soul pact) he continues to make the same stubborn mistakes with his lines and relying on players who aren't meant to play the minutes he is giving them.

Coaching aside this team is pathetic. Really. They're the 1st seed and they haven't made a game yet look like it. The first game was as close as it gets, and they still did not show up for 60 minutes. Speaking of that, how many games did this team show up for 60 minutes this year? Three, four? They got by on the fact that the defense was playing over their head and Lundqvist had a career year.

Honestly, the sooner this team loses the better, because they are not contenders and the worse they look after finishing first the better. Maybe Sather will actually fix the ****ing offense issue in the offseason. Trade Dubinsky's worthless ass and trade a god damn d-man since they have so many of them and ****ing bring in someone to play with Richards and Gaborik.

Speaking of d-men, at least Staal is playing physical, if everyone on this team was capable of manhandling people they way Staal is, they'd probably would have swept this **** Ottawa team. This team hasn't been physical enough against an Ottawa team that would absolutely fold if they brought some god damn intimidation and fire.

What an absolutely disgusting showing. I hope people understand why some of us were concerned about this teams abysmal play down the stretch at times, because here it ****ing is, back to haunt us.

Makes me sick.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
The only thing that's keeping me sane is that Boston needed 7 games and OT to beat the Habs last year. That's what I'm hanging onto.

Biggest Redden had to be that PP at the end of the third. A chance to take a lead with 5 minutes to go, and you don't put one ****ing SOG on Anderson. That is inexcusable. Ottawa's defense is not good. Their PK finished in the bottom half. Our PK finished top 5 and they had consistent zone time.
We might as well have been on a PK for 62 minutes.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I want to know what Torts was thinking putting Stepan with Gabby. No, really. Why would you put two struggling players together and give them important minutes? Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Didn't help that Anisimov is inconsistent, and today happened to be one of his bad games.)

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

How ignorant of me to think we could win in OT. This team blows so hard in playoff OT it's not even funny. Whatever, the series is playing into what I expected anyway which is Rangers in 6.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Quote:
And scores the series clincher.

(Provided they actually win Game 5.)
And then aims an invisible gun at Craig Anderson

OH PLEASE LET IT BE SO!

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Also, is it just me or did the Rangers not hit anyone?

Excluding Staal (Oh, his were definitely noticeable), I don't think the Rangers had that many resounding hits.

Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Seriously. Matt ****ing Cooke went on a scoring tear with Crosby on his line.
This....... Rangers just lack offensive talent. They gotta grow one for themselves.

Old
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Looking past this game (and this season) it will be interesting seeing what our roster looks like next year

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Henrik is 1-4 in Game 5's for his career, including two OT losses. His only win was the 5-3 win in NJ to clinch after stopping Madden's PS with the game 4-3.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
nyrfan519

Can't wait till Hags comes back. Then Mitchell can sit. He brings nothing to the table but I used to not really care because he didn't ****** up much until that egregious back-check on Michalek. Thanks a lot JM.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
First of all, torts is a ****ing retard. Rolling 3 lines in the playoffs where everything is more physical and intense, and with a possibility of OT, how ****ing stupid. I know it's hard to play a 4th line that consists on a rookie out of college, an AHL nothingmaster, and a washed up Mike Rupp, but ****ing give me a break here. For as much as Torts got this team to the 1st seed in the East (which I am starting to wonder if it was some kind of soul pact) he continues to make the same stubborn mistakes with his lines and relying on players who aren't meant to play the minutes he is giving them.

Coaching aside this team is pathetic. Really. They're the 1st seed and they haven't made a game yet look like it. The first game was as close as it gets, and they still did not show up for 60 minutes. Speaking of that, how many games did this team show up for 60 minutes this year? Three, four? They got by on the fact that the defense was playing over their head and Lundqvist had a career year.

Honestly, the sooner this team loses the better, because they are not contenders and the worse they look after finishing first the better. Maybe Sather will actually fix the ****ing offense issue in the offseason. Trade Dubinsky's worthless ass and trade a god damn d-man since they have so many of them and ****ing bring in someone to play with Richards and Gaborik.

Speaking of d-men, at least Staal is playing physical, if everyone on this team was capable of manhandling people they way Staal is, they'd probably would have swept this **** Ottawa team. This team hasn't been physical enough against an Ottawa team that would absolutely fold if they bought some god damn intimidation and fire.

What an absolutely disgusting showing. I hope people understand why some of us were concerned about this teams abysmal play down the stretch at times, because here it ****ing is, back to haunt us.

Makes me sick.
This is nuts.

Torts overplayed his players. Yes.

You're underestimating the loss that Hagelin was on this team. Top line player who kept defenses at bay. Our first line was lethal. Now we're back to struggling to score and somehow finding ways to win games. Not gonna be as successful at that approach when every player is gassed.

As for Staal he's not as good as some of you are making him out to have been tonight. He had 2 monster hits but he was making the same boneheaded plays I've watched him make for years now. As for tiring out the defense, having 1 player play 3 minutes is absurd. If that's all you're gonna play him then find someone you trust more and put him in.

Again we caught some bad breaks tonight but then again that's no excuse. We gave them life in the series, again. It's not good, it's also not the end of the world. We go back home and hopefully we can regain our confidence and take care of business there.

What'd you expect that we'd be able to sweep every series? No, champions are the teams that grind out the tough games. Yea, we didn't grind out our 2 losses, but we have at least 2 more. If we can't grind those out we don't deserve to advance. That doesn't mean that the 2 losses we've had already means we aren't a cup contender.

As for the matchup, the Sens was a terrible pick for us. We struggle a lot with teams that are fast. In the East that's Pens, Sens, and Caps. Caps are more potent than the Sens so we dodged a bullet there but remember that the Sens were a BAD match up for us. I predicted a 4-1 series win for us but I could have easily seen this happen too.

What's worse is that Karlsson and Spezza have been kept in check. If they suddenly wake up we're in a lot of trouble. Not giving up hope yet as it seems like you and many others have, but I'll also recognize that we need to make adjustments.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

Staal has a monster game yet was -2 .

He played smash mouth hockey .
Maclean continues to outcoach Torts

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
It isn't any different.

Same story, different year.

Can't score what else is new...

Tired of it. It needs to be addressed in the off season. Do not be afraid to make a trade. They have depth.
peace, dude. look at philly. they can score and at the same time get 10

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Or Neal?

So many inaccurate posts here, anger makes people forget facts.
Neal was suspended for this game and that's what the other poster meant. He didn't mean without having a 40 goal scorer ON THE TEAM. He meant that they could score 10 in a game even while missing a 40 goal scorer that night (since Neal was not available tonight while serving his suspension). Amazing how anger makes people misunderstand each other and then insult each other.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
We might as well have been on a PK for 62 minutes.
That's what it felt like. After the 2 goal lead, team sat back...again! Did they not learn from Game 2, or watch the Devils and Penguins?

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pavelich

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It makes me sick seeing the Penguins are able to score 10 goals on an NHL team without a 40 goal scorer yet we can't score more than 2 against a bad defensive hockey team. Honestly the Penguins' winger are not that good. Granted we also don't allow back to back games of 8 goals.
That's pretty funny. The offensively-challenged Pens don't have a 40-goal scorer. Only the 2 of the 3 or 4 best offensive players in the world at the moment. Keep the comedy coming!

pavelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
Neal was suspended for this game and that's what the other poster meant. He didn't mean without having a 40 goal scorer ON THE TEAM. He meant that they could score 10 in a game even while missing a 40 goal scorer that night (since Neal was not available tonight while serving his suspension). Amazing how anger makes people misunderstand each other and then insult each other.
You still have Malkin!

And then there's Crosby!