HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game #4: Rangers at Sens

Old
04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
Remember when we went up 3-1 in the series against the Capitals and then the Caps won game 7 on that goal from Fedorov 1-0 ?

Yeah...lets calm down. It was a bad loss, but Torts keeps ****ing things up with the lines...Rush Kreider out there damn it play all four lines properly and SHOOT THE ****ING PUCK

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I want to know what Torts was thinking putting Stepan with Gabby. No, really. Why would you put two struggling players together and give them important minutes? Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Didn't help that Anisimov is inconsistent, and today happened to be one of his bad games.)
That line is a little too soft for playoff hockey, which is why I was glad that they were broken up towards the end of the regular season. They were getting owned along the boards and turning the puck over in the neutral zone. Hagelin was definitely missed tonight.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Looking past this game (and this season) it will be interesting seeing what our roster looks like next year
i'm thinking the same thing. just hope the Rangers don't do anything stupid.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
You still have Malkin!

And then there's Crosby!
If the Rangers had one of them on their team, they would've swept the Senators.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
The Rangers don't overpursue the puck in the offensive zone because they don't have the speed to do it. Plus, the Ranger d starts backing out of the zone the second the cycle breaks down.

The Ranger forwards drop too low in the defensive zone, and Ottawa's point men are taking full advantage.

The Rangers seem scared to death of Ottawa's speed.
This, this, this, this, this and this.

The team is scared.

Our D-men DO NOT PINCH, ever, it seems.

Their D-men pinch fearlessly and relentlessly. I think I saw both of their D-men sitting at the top of the circles for the majority of the time in our zone. There was one instance late in the 3rd where it was a mad scramble in our zone and both their D-men were at the faceoff dots in our zone. They were so confident/cocky we couldn't breakout that they didn't even watch the blue line.

They don't even play a 3rd man high. We are so pinned in our zone its not even funny. Forwards go down so low to help out the D and their D follows right into the high slot.

We have no forecheck once we gain Ottawa's zone. They outmuscle us (except for Boyle) along the boards, it seems like every player is scared to try and carry the puck in but we can't generate anything off the dump and chase like they can.

We clog up the neutral zone so Spezza is neutralized, but Karlsson is free to skate the puck from below his goal line all the way into our high slot with no resistance.

Meanwhile, we can't even seem to skate the puck in on the power play and all you see is our forwards making blind drop passes and passing backwards.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. We are no 1 seed.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:20 PM
SnowblindNYR

I won't even be able to read HF now. All people will be saying is how bad of a 1 seed the Rangers are. They'll be 100% right. They're a fluke 1 seed who gets pushed around by a mediocre 8 seed without one of their best players.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Get back home, and think about some things.

I am not defeatist. My friends and family accuse me of being a naive optimist, if anything.
But I can see that this team has not played up to their capability.

Like I said earlier. If the Rangers really want this round, they will win it.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
You still have Malkin!

And then there's Crosby!
But that's not what he meant. He didn't mean that they had no 40 goal scorers (neither on the team or in the lineup tonight). He meant that they still scored 10 even WITH one of their 40 goal scorers sitting out.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Keep Staal and Girardi together please. PLEASE

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
This....... Rangers just lack offensive talent. They gotta grow one for themselves.
Cool. Steps to make that happen:

1. Have a **** team that's in the lottery 3 years in a row
2. Have attendance drop to 12K
3. Have financial problems because of attendance. (Also, the Knicks would have to be even worse than they are now.)
4. Call Uncle Gary and have him rig the lottery for you.
5. Draft superstar.
6. Have Uncle Gary call you a "model franchise."

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
If the Rangers had one of them on their team, they would've swept the Senators.
Rangers don't have either and yet theyre still in a better position to advance onto the next round than the Penguins are.

Playoff success is a mix of grinding and timely scoring. We've lost 2 games on mental lapses and effort, two things easily fixable.

I'm not too worried yet.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
They haven't had a lead because of Henrik. In reality, Ottawa has outplayed New York in two straight games.
this is not true. Rangers had in both games super scoring chances.. they just have not hit the right spot, which continued today. I do not really know they did not go more for glove side and 5-hole

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I won't even be able to read HF now. All people will be saying is how bad of a 1 seed the Rangers are. They'll be 100% right. They're a fluke 1 seed who gets pushed around by a mediocre 8 seed without one of their best players.
Then leave.

Actually, I don't know why you're complaining. This is your shtick: Come out of the woodwork when things don't go our way.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
You still have Malkin!

And then there's Crosby!
This. Again, boo ****ing hoo. They didn't have Neal?

THEY HAVE SIDNEY CROSBY AND EVGENI MALKIN!!!!

Is it really a mystery why they scored 10 on that porous Philly defense?

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:22 PM
lbrowne

I'm so tired of watching Neil do whatever he wants it's maddening. Starting with the play tonight where he took the opportunity to check a vulnerable McDonaugh into the top bar of the net.

I would love for someone to tune him in. But it would have to be one of Bickel, Rupp or Prust. I know no one wants Scott playing but that would be even better. lol

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:23 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Jonathan Quick giving up a completely stoppable goal for Vancouver to even it up

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Rangers don't have either and yet theyre still in a better position to advance onto the next round than the Penguins are.

Playoff success is a mix of grinding and timely scoring. We've lost 2 games on mental lapses and effort, two things easily fixable.

I'm not too worried yet.
I'm worried because it doesn't look like they fixed these things after Game 3 (which we were lucky to win). The Senators dominate us for long stretches. That's gonna bite us in the long run.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
This is nuts.

Torts overplayed his players. Yes.

You're underestimating the loss that Hagelin was on this team. Top line player who kept defenses at bay. Our first line was lethal. Now we're back to struggling to score and somehow finding ways to win games. Not gonna be as successful at that approach when every player is gassed.

As for Staal he's not as good as some of you are making him out to have been tonight. He had 2 monster hits but he was making the same boneheaded plays I've watched him make for years now. As for tiring out the defense, having 1 player play 3 minutes is absurd. If that's all you're gonna play him then find someone you trust more and put him in.

Again we caught some bad breaks tonight but then again that's no excuse. We gave them life in the series, again. It's not good, it's also not the end of the world. We go back home and hopefully we can regain our confidence and take care of business there.

What'd you expect that we'd be able to sweep every series? No, champions are the teams that grind out the tough games. Yea, we didn't grind out our 2 losses, but we have at least 2 more. If we can't grind those out we don't deserve to advance. That doesn't mean that the 2 losses we've had already means we aren't a cup contender.

As for the matchup, the Sens was a terrible pick for us. We struggle a lot with teams that are fast. In the East that's Pens, Sens, and Caps. Caps are more potent than the Sens so we dodged a bullet there but remember that the Sens were a BAD match up for us. I predicted a 4-1 series win for us but I could have easily seen this happen too.

What's worse is that Karlsson and Spezza have been kept in check. If they suddenly wake up we're in a lot of trouble. Not giving up hope yet as it seems like you and many others have, but I'll also recognize that we need to make adjustments.
Expect them to sweep every series? Nope, but I expect the 1st seed to show up against the 8th seed. Every game. If Ottawa wins a few on lucky bounces, or Anderson standing on his head, okay. That's fine, but when they play this kind of just tentative, sit on their hands hockey, and don't bring it to Ottawa as physically as possible, then yeah this is the kind of response it gets.

I don't think asking them to show the **** up for more than one, or half a period is really asking a whole lot.

Yes losing Hagelin for 3 games hurts the lines, but what the **** good is rolling 3 lines on an already exhausted team?

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
js10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
The Rangers don't overpursue the puck in the offensive zone because they don't have the speed to do it. Plus, the Ranger d starts backing out of the zone the second the cycle breaks down.

The Ranger forwards drop too low in the defensive zone, and Ottawa's point men are taking full advantage.

The Rangers seem scared to death of Ottawa's speed.
but still it was way better than in game 2

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Fluke one seed?

Vancouver is getting embarrassed, last time I checked.

We're winning the series.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
You still have Malkin!

And then there's Crosby!
29 teams don't have Crosby and Malkin, yet a good 20 of them would be able to put up more goals than we have against a pathetic defensive team like the Senators.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
But that's not what he meant. He didn't mean that they had no 40 goal scorers (neither on the team or in the lineup tonight). He meant that they still scored 10 even WITH one of their 40 goal scorers sitting out.
And the fact still remains: Penguins are still left with Malkin and Crosby.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Fluke one seed?

Vancouver is getting embarrassed, last time I checked.

We're winning the series.
2-2 and everyone wants to commit Hari Kari. What if we pulled a stunt like the Canucks? This board would be unreadable.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
30theking

is anyone really surprised? this team will never change. give the opposing team a million chances to score and once in a blue moon get a chance in their zone.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Listen, I know he's green and all.

But how does Kreider go from 11 minutes in his first game. An important game....swing game.
To only what 3 minutes in the second game?

When he played, he looked pretty good.

Tortorella is coaching awful.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote