HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #4| Apr. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers | (Part 2)

Old
04-18-2012, 10:14 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
They are saying Grossmann is concussed...if we can manage without him for this series, we better pray Mez is ready for next round otherwise our D is unfixable

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Besides the banana incident, I've never seen it anywhere. You have to be raised with that crap to carry it on and that speaks to a culture, one I am not familiar with but a number of ppl in Pitt are.

He's been playing for us all season, 82 games, 29 other teams...no one else has ever said it
If you really think there are no people in Philly that ignorant you are kidding yourself.

There are good and bad people in every city. Its unfair to criticize the city for a few damn idiots.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan139 View Post
If you really think there are no people in Philly that ignorant you are kidding yourself.

There are good and bad people in every city. Its unfair to criticize the city for a few damn idiots.
I know all of the above...I was born at night but not last night.

My problem is using it in a context of a public forum...with the trash talk involving race.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Banderson123

C'mon guys. I know this one hurt but you sound like Pens fans after the first 2 games. Don't turn on your team after a bad game. They've played 3 good ones.

Listen, the good news is the Flyers cannot play this bad again. It took the most awful performance by this team for the Pens to win one. The Flyers haven't played perfect and are still up 3-1.

I kinda figured the Pens would win tonight. I thought the days off would benefit them more. They are the ones who needed time to forget game 3.

Bad news is they now have the Mo and the confidence and they are a team, very dangerous, and well capable of winning 3 straight against anyone. They kinda have this us against the world solidarity thing going now.

I still think they're gonna run out of steam. There's a reason only 4 teams in the history of sports have overcome 0-3.

I could still even see the Pens winning the next one in front of the home crowd. This will be a test and will not be easy for the Flyers.

We will see how mentally tough Philly is here because they are about to face a talented and desperate team who is going home with the Mo. That alone will be a test and if they find the series 3-2 after they will have to rise up and end it there. Like I said, not gonna be easy at all.

Luckily, if any team knows how to stay loose and focused under this kinda pressure, it should be a team who did overcome an 0-3 and a 3-0 deficit in game 7. Not the same exact squad but enough to have leadership to rely on from the '10 team. Also, I think Max Talbot is a great guy to have in that locker room right now.

Good luck.

Banderson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:25 PM
FLYERSFAN18

my thoughts after watching my recording since i was at work.

Negatives:

Bryz looked slow and showed no effort on three of the five goals he let in. The first one he has to control the rebound, that is completely unacceptable. The other two were on the power play but all he has to do is get to the other side of the net but he looked so lazy on both of them. I really think he could have gotten to both. The deflection goal he had no chance, the other was just bad positioning by the whole team as they scrambled for the puck. My biggest problem is that a lot of the time he doesn't really even look like he cares.

Bob just cant stop anything glove high. We really need to consider trading him if we can get something good this offseason.

Carle just showed why he should not be signed. Turning the puck over when we are still in the game.

If Rinaldo really wants to ignite his team he needs to do something earlier not when the game is completely out of hand. Do it when we are down by two. And don't just cross check someone bait someone into a fight or draw a penalty. His actions did nothing for this team in this game or the next. Hopefully someone, not named Jody Shelley, can take his spot on firday. Hopefully JVR can try to get his legs back under him playing fourth line minutes

Positives: we had just as many chances early on as the pens, so i am not too worried about the offense

Not worried about the final score either. Kubina and lilja were playing alot of minutes it seemed after they were up 6-3.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
toughfighter83*

i really hate to say this but they not going to win anything this year, this defense needs alot of retooling in the offseason, carle will be gone, hopefully coburn and lila, sign webber, keep guff and anb up, probably bring up another phantom defensemen, if both goalies are struggling fire the goalie coach, putting leighton in is throwing game 5 because he's not going to help when the defense is playing lazy and laying eggs the last 4 games.

seriously why doesnt lav bench coburn or carle? he should bench kabrina too, if he's serious about winning take those players out, all three are the big problem right now.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156

Yes, let's bench Coburn, Carle and "Kabrina." Not playing any dmen will surely fix the D.

04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Funky cold Kubina.....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i really hate to say this but they not going to win anything this year, this defense needs alot of retooling in the offseason, carle will be gone, hopefully coburn and lila, sign webber, keep guff and anb up, probably bring up another phantom defensemen, if both goalies are struggling fire the goalie coach, putting leighton in is throwing game 5 because he's not going to help when the defense is playing lazy and laying eggs the last 4 games.

seriously why doesnt lav bench coburn or carle? he should bench kabrina too, if he's serious about winning take those players out, all three are the big problem right now.
Wat.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:53 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Timonen - Gustafsson
Lilja - Manning
Lauridsen - Wellwood (doing the Sami)

Sounds like a plan.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:56 PM
laundryman

Quote:

sneaky sneaky....

laundryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
so can coburn play 35 minutes?

Justified is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:04 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
so can coburn play 35 minutes?
They were prepping for it tonight. Plus Kimmo still has some fresh legs after game 3, hopefully.

Maybe we get MAB back as well, and roll 7 d-men, since Rinaldo is clearly hurting the team.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:05 PM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post

Yes, let's bench Coburn, Carle and "Kabrina." Not playing any dmen will surely fix the D.
Kabrina the Teenage Witch.

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:06 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Kabrina the Teenage Witch.
I smell a photoshop.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
Positives: we had just as many chances early on as the pens, so i am not too worried about the offense
The biggest positive is that the power play was still effective.

The biggest negative is that we have to play another game.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Swiper the Fox

Quote:
Yeah, let's use the worst goalie we have. That will fix it.
yeah, well, our "BEST" are certainly doing the trick aren't they
LOL

oh, well
i look at this as a postive
get to see one more flyers vs pitts game

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:18 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

This is really disheartening. *Gulps Scotch*

Just hope this is a wake up call to our goaltending and D. They really need to step it up, not just to beat the Penguins, but to make it far in the playoffs. Step it guys, you're much better than this

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
They were prepping for it tonight. Plus Kimmo still has some fresh legs after game 3, hopefully.

Maybe we get MAB back as well, and roll 7 d-men, since Rinaldo is clearly hurting the team.
I just dont have any confidence in anybody buy Coburn if Grossman is out. Just need to find a way to win one more game, I think they will be able to do it.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:21 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:

you have a better idea? anything is better than having breakdowns and turnovers that killing this team. heck the penguins were playing better without martin. something has to be shaken up or else, they are out.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
StandingCow

Don't put too much into this game, this is one you throw out and move on, learn from it sure, but it's just one game.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
you have a better idea? anything is better than having breakdowns and turnovers that killing this team. heck the penguins were playing better without martin. something has to be shaken up or else, they are out.
Anything is better than benching half our D in favor of who...rookies? when Pronger, Grossmann and Mez are injured.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
I just dont have any confidence in anybody buy Coburn if Grossman is out. Just need to find a way to win one more game, I think they will be able to do it.
coburn seriously? he's out there on almost every goal, he just stands around like he's in another world.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
coburn seriously? he's out there on almost every goal, he just stands around like he's in another world.
who doesnt just stand around. Carle is terrible, so is Lilja, Kimo is old. Kubina is a train wreck.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:35 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Hurricane Kabrina