HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #4| Apr. 18, 2012|Penguins at Flyers | (Part 2)

Old
04-19-2012, 12:36 AM
toughfighter83*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Anything is better than benching half our D in favor of who...rookies? when Pronger, Grossmann and Mez are injured.
yeah because if they are playing they are la la land then they got to be benched or else same mistakes, more losing, getting eliminated.

yeah of course, blame the goalies because it's always their fault when the defense doesnt play well, they haven't played well the whole series, you see players flying through the flyers d and the goalies cant get their position to make a save, it's more like shootout hockey that way the defense is playing.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
yeah because if they are playing they are la la land then they got to be benched or else same mistakes, more losing, getting eliminated.

yeah of course, blame the goalies because it's always their fault when the defense doesnt play well, they haven't played well the whole series, you see players flying through the flyers d and the goalies cant get their position to make a save, it's more like shootout hockey that way the defense is playing.
Cool. You do know it would be worse if we sat half our defense for rookies, right?

04-19-2012, 12:41 AM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
who doesnt just stand around. Carle is terrible, so is Lilja, Kimo is old. Kubina is a train wreck.
it's telling ya this defense needs some serious fixing.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Top Cheese Danish

I was out at a Flyers bar in NYC watching this game (last time I do that - they won the first 3 when I didn't go...), and the ONLY good part about this night was that during the second period intermission, the TV cut to a clip showing Ottawa tying the Rangers, and the entire crowd, which was previously silent and depressed, started chanting "Let's go Ottawa!"

Top Cheese Danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:44 AM
bennyprofane

Quote:
i really hate to say this but they not going to win anything this year, this defense needs alot of retooling in the offseason, carle will be gone, hopefully coburn and lila, sign webber, keep guff and anb up, probably bring up another phantom defensemen, if both goalies are struggling fire the goalie coach, putting leighton in is throwing game 5 because he's not going to help when the defense is playing lazy and laying eggs the last 4 games.
Awful idea. Considering Lavy usually takes his timeout in the first, that would give Webber two periods to get a penalty for taking a timeout the team doesn't have.

bennyprofane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:45 AM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Cool. You do know it would be worse if we sat half our defense for rookies, right?

couldnt be worse or maybe not, maybe the rookies will be better than the garbage they are playing and it's called skating and checking which half of them arent doing.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
That was the worst game I ever attended. We lose 10-3 and all I hear from the people around me is "We want Blood! We want Blood! We want Blood!" and the "3 and 1" chants in the 2nd period

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:59 AM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Quote:
couldnt be worse or maybe not, maybe the rookies will be better than the garbage they are playing and it's called skating and checking which half of them arent doing.
No it will definitely be worse. Our D just get it's **** back together and focus. Guaranteed if they do that, we would be having a lot less problems.

TyrannoMeszarosRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
It could absolutely be worse.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:42 AM
RussianRocket10

One of the worst games I've seen them play.

Last edited by RussianRocket10: 04-19-2012 at 02:01 AM.
RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:56 AM
NMFlyer1998
hello

I don't know whether to blame goalies or defense more, I feel like if we sign god to play in one of those positions, the other would screw up.

NMFlyer1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:15 AM
StandingCow

You can't just blame one or the other... it was the entire team sucking, including the goaltending.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Andre Poodle Lussier

If Bob, Bryz, and the defense can't be embarrassed for the "effort" that they put forth last night (and there's a reason it's in quotes), they have no reason to deserve to win this series.

Everyone and their brother knew Pitt was going to bring their A game tonight...it wasn't even an A game overall (Fleury was awful in the first) but the Flyers played pathetic and flat hockey.

Specific names to name for their "efforts" --

Bryz
Bob
Carle
Kubina
Hartnell (he floated terribly on Goal #8)

There are others who played poorly but off the top those five stood out as the leaders of suck.

Andre Poodle Lussier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:19 AM
StarsHawks*

I didn't get to see the game. Why did the flyers give up on today's game when they knew all they needed was one more win to embarrass their rival? Now the flyers are the joke. How did this happen with Neal, Adams, and Asham all suspended?

StarsHawks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
In my opinion, to a greatly exaggerated degree, we saw why so many people picked the Penguins. They may be trying to come back down 3-0, but winning 4 games in the 1st round is small potatoes considering what some of those guys have accomplished.

Now we lose one of our best defensemen, and even up 3-1, the Flyers haven't shown they can keep the clamps down on the Penguins for an entire game.

The Flyers figured out that when it as 6-3 that the Penguins weren't going to roll over this time, so they did instead. And Marc-Andre Fleury looks like he's finally settled in, while regardless as to whose fault it is, Bryzgalov once again looks like he doesn't know which way is up.

They better win Game 5.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:15 AM
CSKA1974

I hate to admit, but I was in total agreement with Crosby last night- I did not like any single guy on our team.

CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:21 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
And Marc-Andre Fleury looks like he's finally settled in, while regardless as to whose fault it is, Bryzgalov once again looks like he doesn't know which way is up.
Fleury made one good save. The guy didn't have anything to do in the 2nd period, thanks to the Flyers taking stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

That's like saying Bryz settled in after the first period of Game 1.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:42 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coutsiephan View Post
funky cold kubina.....
lmao.

BillDineen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
The goalies were terrible but the Flyers defense has sucked all series long. That will ruin the goalies confidence in a second. Giving up all those shots in the slot. I mean come on, that is not how to play hockey on defense. I expect the Flyers to win the next game in Pittsburgh but they better clear that up because there is no way they can beat the Bruins or Rangers playing like that.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

gotta shake it off.
Please come back good bryz.
Hope Eskin was wrong about Grossmann

Guess shanny won't be looking at Malkin's first period head shot, huh?

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:51 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Fleury made one good save. The guy didn't have anything to do in the 2nd period, thanks to the Flyers taking stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

That's like saying Bryz settled in after the first period of Game 1.
Yep, you said it for me. Flyers did not test him at all for 40 minutes.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:38 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I hate to admit, but I was in total agreement with Crosby last night- I did not like any single guy on our team.
Truth!

On the plus side, it can't get any worse than last night's game. Bryz has to not suck quite as much and this series is over next game.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
It could absolutely be worse.
I do think it could be worse, but Lilja and Kubina have been HORRENDOUS. Like... every time their on the ice the team is in our end the whole time bad.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:06 AM
flyershockey

I don't know what the NHL wants, but what we saw for the first two periods was not NHL hockey. The amount of minors called on both sides were completely ridiculous.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

re: clamping it down. did a good job in games 1-2 when they got the lead and they never lost the lead in game 3.
If the flyers can shake this game off, they can hopefully gain some perspective.

I realize that a series is a living thing, and no two are the same, but if I told you last Wednesday AM that we'd be up 3-1 after 4, we'd all be ecstatic.

Hopefully the road does us some good.

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote