HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#4 KINGS v. CANUCKS 4/18/12 ... loss, Kings up 3-1, regroup Game #5

Old
04-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

vCash: 500
ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Canucks fane here in peace.

Jonathan Quick is a God. You are absolutely set in goal, tended by a guy who was such an afterthought in the Kings system that they took Bernier in the first round a year later. Every bit the likeable guy and amazing story Tim Thomas was before he lost his mind.

Not gloating one bit over tonight. It wasn't exactly 10-3.
Thank you for the friendly words. The Canucks got some bounces tonight but then again, bounces sooner or later go your way when you control the puck in the forward zone the way Vancouver did tonight. Quick is not likely to have an off-game IMO so it's still a steep uphill battle for the Canucks.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:41 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFleaSlash View Post
Yep, I can confirm you were indeed watching a different game.

Carter was invisible tonight. Mr. One Trick Pony can't even do what he was brought in for. Mike Richards and Carter were outplayed by the 4th line, as was everyone else.
You act if that is a hard thing. Its very easy for a 4th line filled with plumbers to shut down a top line.

They are only focused on stopping the Richards-Carter line and nothing else. While the Richards-Carter line has to play defense, play the forecheck and try and score. When 1 line is only set on one thing its not that hard.

With that being said I thought Carter played the best on that line. King has been awful since playoffs started. Richardson needs to fill his void plain and simple. Hopefully Clifford can go here soon too.

Everyone was pretty bad tonight except for Quick.

I thought Scuderi had an awful game. I thought Voynov and Doughty played horrendous. I also thought Williams, Richards and Penner had awful games too. Only guys playing tonight were Nolan and Richardson. And of course Quick.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Here's what I think should happen! Get rid of Carter on the 1st unit on the powerplay, he's done nothing! Put Brown in there to crash the net! And freakin Dwight king has been awwwweful! I wouldn't mind moving aaaanyone there! Maybe Richardson. And Drew Doughty yikes! But other then that just finish these guys already!
Carter was not that bad on the power play. He flashed at least a couple of good quick-release shots on the power play and with that going for him, he is not going to be held off the scoresheet for long.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Jeff Carter is the new Glen Murray. A big guy who skates well and can score from anywhere in the offensive zone. But when he has bad games he is just awful. Tonight was clearly one of those nights, but he is due to have one of those 2 goal games, hopefully it happens on Sunday,

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:46 AM
damacles1156

At least this break gives Carter and Clifford some time to rest.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:49 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
At least this break gives Carter and Clifford some time to rest.
If Cliffy's able to come back it would be ideal sitting King and putting Richardson on the Second line.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:49 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

What happened to all the people predicting a sweep and getting kind of cocky about it? Told you all it was too soon to be gloating about it.

Anyway the way I look at it, this needed to happen. This team needs to know they can lose a game and still come back and win it. They are not going to sweep all the way to the Cup and this is pretty much the safest way they can learn to deal with a loss. I've got to give credit to CS though, he was fantastic tonight. Stopping that PS on Brown sealed the deal in my opinion. I'm not worried about the next game at all. The Kings already know they can win in BC, now they just need to make it happen one more time.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:50 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
Seriously, who came up with the idea of the 3 off days? The Grizzlies left Vancouver a decade ago.
Coldplay is playing in Vancouver on Friday and Saturday.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:52 AM
sueroe

This isn't too surprising for me. Game 4 is the hardest one to win. Vancouver is a top team and were desperate. I thought they ended up getting the bounces tonight. Henrik looks better with Daniel. Schneider was solid.
I thought Carter looked a little healthier tonight which is good. Beautiful goal by Kopitar. Richardson had some nice hustle. I was getting a little confused by the line juggling, but part of that might have been on back to back power plays.

Regroup and get it done Kings!!

sueroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:52 AM
mbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Once our posters got cocky we loose.

Hope you still feel cool walking out of Staples with your brooms.

Onto the next game. Lets do this.
Didn't see one broom at Staples tonight that wasn't in Bailey's hands.

We played ok but paid the price for a horrible first 15 minutes in the second period. They got a few lucky bounces and we didn't finish opportunities that were there for us.

Most of all we didn't play physical at all. We gave them too much space all night.

mbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Understand me right. I'm not sure if I understood you.
I meant it as a good thing and agree with you so I was not complaining it wasn't done.

Kings fans are different in a goooood wayyy.
Yeah, I really didn't see what he did as a big deal.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

We not only have Quick, we have Willie Mitchell (best defenseman between both teams in this series). Kopitar is a threat every time he hits the ice. We can't forget how well Willie & Kopi are playing, these guys aren't likely to disappear. The Canucks remain in big trouble.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:03 AM
damacles1156

I feel better after hearing Sutter's post game.

He didn't sound angry or concerned at all. Said Carter played his best game of the series.

Sutter doesn't like the Three days off, At this point I don't think anyone likes it.

Brown and Kopi were not happy.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
I feel better after hearing Sutter's post game.

He didn't sound angry or concerned at all. Said Carter played his best game of the series.

Brown and Kopi were not happy.
My concern when I said the Kings were a team very likely to choke away a big series lead was that...they would come out with the complacent type comments, little bit of a not too mad attitude. Instead they were just angry. I like that.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:08 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Didn't see one broom at Staples tonight that wasn't in Bailey's hands.

We played ok but paid the price for a horrible first 15 minutes in the second period. They got a few lucky bounces and we didn't finish opportunities that were there for us.

Most of all we didn't play physical at all. We gave them too much space all night.
I'm re acting to the posters who were on the main boards and on the Canucks boards saying they were bringing their brooms and stuff.

I was waiting the whole 60 mins for one of the Sedins, Kesler or A Bur to get ****en smoked with a clean hit. It never came.

When the Sedin`s get hit they short circuit.

I am with you. They need to come out guns blazing and knock them around all game long.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:09 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
My concern when I said the Kings were a team very likely to choke away a big series lead was that...they would come out with the complacent type comments, little bit of a not too mad attitude. Instead they were just angry. I like that.
Where do you guys see the post game presser and stuff?

Old
04-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Kings will win game 5.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:10 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
I figure the Nucks only playing three lines has got to hurt them this series at some point.

Sutter Rolls Four lines, and the fourth was the best line tonight...

That has got to catch up with the Nucks....It has too.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Herby predicting a win...I like that

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Bandit

Quote:
And he did. He looked much faster and was getting pucks to the net. Can he play even better? Of course, but at least he's not putting pucks into his own net. I can't believe though that some of you are saying the Kings outplayed them. We had no passing, no cycle, no possession time, and most importantly, no physicality. Voynov and Williams were particularly brutal tonight.

The good news is that despite all the horrid play and the own goal, we still had a very good chance on Brown's stick when it was still 2-1. That was pretty much the turning point of the game. Not saying we lost because of Brown, but when he missed the game was pretty much over.

It wasn't going to be easy, I hope they really understand that now. I would love nothing more than to eliminate them on their own ice. I just can't believe we have to wait 4 days for it...

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Herby has the culture changed then? You being all hopeful, it's awesome

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Kings hit 2 posts, had a goal taken away, missed a penalty shot and King and Richards both had prime scoring chances that could have easily been finished.

The Kings played better offensively than they did in game 3. We just need to stay out of the box!

Fraser's penalty was beyond awful.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:17 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
The Kings hit 2 posts, had a goal taken away, missed a penalty shot and King and Richards both had prime scoring chances that could have easily been finished.

The Kings played better offensively than they did in game 3. We just need to stay out of the box!

Fraser's penalty was beyond awful.
God,

So mad at Fraser for that, it happened right when the Kings were sucking the life out of the game too.

Such a bad one. I told my GF sitting next to me, "Game's over". Then the Nucks scored (I just sipped my Beer) Then they scored again. By now my GF is looking at me with this strange look (I just sipped my beer some more) And stared at my phone.

That was all the Nucks needed, just something anything to get going.

Maybe Fraser will redeem himself in Game 5; you know how they say, your bottom six has to win you a game in the playoffs.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-19-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old
04-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Where do you guys see the post game presser and stuff?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1171483

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:23 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Thanks I appreciate it... I knew those I thought maybe you guys were watching the full presser`s...