HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#4 KINGS v. CANUCKS 4/18/12 ... loss, Kings up 3-1, regroup Game #5

Old
04-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Herby has the culture changed then? You being all hopeful, it's awesome
No. I call it like I see it. And am a results oriented guy. Have always said that. Sports is an easy thing, you either win or you don't, there is no middle ground. The Kings have won 3 of the 4 games in the series, there is more reason to be excited than disappointed.

Now if the shoe were on the other foot and the Kings were down 3-1 I would not be saying things like "reverse sweep" or "it's not over until they win 4" like I'm sure some here would be saying.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:26 AM
TheSlovenian

Well, onto the next one. It should be an interesting game in Vancouver. Go Kings!

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
No. I call it like I see it. And am a results oriented guy. Have always said that. Sports is an easy thing, you either win or you don't, there is no middle ground. The Kings have won 3 of the 4 games in the series, there is more reason to be excited than disappointed.

Now if the shoe were on the other foot and the Kings were down 3-1 I would not be saying things like "reverse sweep" or "it's not over until they win 4" like I'm sure some here would be saying.
No doubt. I was just kinda making a pun on your custom title. And I agree with you most of the time, I am generally a very "realistic" guy. But I really like the Kings have put together over the past year, it's why this season was so disappointing and why I may have seemed a little more over optimistic this year, I just felt this roster could do better. I think a win in game 5 changes that disappointing season though

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:45 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
No doubt. I was just kinda making a pun on your custom title. And I agree with you most of the time, I am generally a very "realistic" guy. But I really like the Kings have put together over the past year, it's why this season was so disappointing and why I may have seemed a little more over optimistic this year, I just felt this roster could do better. I think a win in game 5 changes that disappointing season though
His custom title, at least to me, goes hand in hand with his avatar, Brady Hoke, our new football coach. Dude changed the culture at Michigan in one year and we actually have a decent football team again.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:47 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I have been trying so hard to learn to like Jeff Carter...

Nothin' happenin'.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:49 AM
SLang

Just got back from the game - here's the bottom line the way I see it. There's a reason the No. 1 seed / President's Trophy winner has never been swept in the first round by the No. 8 seed in NHL history - it's frickin' HARD to do!

Come back hard and wrap this up in Vancouver. Love to do it at home, but, you know...........

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:54 AM
JDeuce23

Mostly a lurker, first-time poster. A few thoughts on tonight's game:

- Blame me for the loss...seriously. I don't get a chance to go to many games while trying to juggle grad school and a work schedule with frequent goofy hours, but I went tonight...and the Kings are 0-6 lifetime when I've attended in person. I think it'd be best if I just don't go again until it's a regular season game against some crappy team (although I tried that this past season when the Kings lost to Columbus at home). Anyway...

- For those of you who weren't there, believe me...after Brown's PS miss, it seemed like the air was completely let out from that place. It was palpable. Although part of it was amusing since my wife, who knows only the basic rules of hockey, jumped out of her seat as if 10,000 volts of electricity were shot through her shoes and screamed "THAT'S A PENALTY!!" when he was hauled down.

- I can't make up my mind whether Brown's miss or missing the chance to go up 2-0 with only seconds left in the first was the turning point in the game. Had either one of those worked out, I truly believe the Kings would have ridden the momentum to a win. But the miss reminds me...when the hell was the last time any King converted a penalty shot? Going back to regular season shootouts, I have a running count of at least a dozen straight misses...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

- I think we're in trouble if we don't win Game 5. It would put immense pressure on the Kings to win Game 6 at home, because if they lost that, then all their great work will have been undone...and it's back to a hostile environment for a winner-take-all game. I wouldn't be wild about our odds of pulling that off if it happened.

- Sometimes, the bounces just don't go your way. Really hoping this was a one-off, not the start of a trend...

JDeuce23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:10 AM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I have been trying so hard to learn to like Jeff Carter...

Nothin' happenin'.
The Richards/Carter duo can take the heat off Kopi/Brown all they want, but at some point they need to score a few as well. Teams will realize they're not as much of a threat as they're made out to be at one point or another. I feel the Canucks figured this out tonight.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:16 AM
Martyros

We butcher Penner for causing turnovers, but what about Richards and Carter out there the past 2 games? they were turning the puck over left and right in the neutral zone, one of which(from Richards) cost us a goal. Edler made a bad drop pass that got picked off and they got scored on....he didn't do that same thing again; yet Richards and Williams try to do the same thing with the puck OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean, it's possibly a 5% efficiency rate with their passes(richards in the neutral zone and Williams in the defensive zone). The breakout is just not there.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
We butcher Penner for causing turnovers, but what about Richards and Carter out there the past 2 games? they were turning the puck over left and right in the neutral zone, one of which(from Richards) cost us a goal. Edler made a bad drop pass that got picked off and they got scored on....he didn't do that same thing again; yet Richards and Williams try to do the same thing with the puck OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean, it's possibly a 5% efficiency rate with their passes(richards in the neutral zone and Williams in the defensive zone). The breakout is just not there.
Richards was garbage, especially on the go ahead goal. Dude turned it over and then deflected it into his own net.

No idea how he can play so amazing in Game 1 and then get progressively worse each game. The plus side is he was so bad tonight it can't get any worse, hopefully he gets back to the game 1 level.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:21 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Richards was garbage, especially on the go ahead goal. Dude turned it over and then deflected it into his own net.

No idea how he can play so amazing in Game 1 and then get progressively worse each game. The plus side is he was so bad tonight it can't get any worse, hopefully he gets back to the game 1 level.
Alex Burrows got to him

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:21 AM
kingbrath

WOW! if i could watch that first period over and over......

haha..the Nucks deserved this game..not because of Daniel not because they got a pp, because they wanted this! Now I am scared. Ive been a Kings fan since I was 10 yrs old..in Alberta thats a bad thing. (not because of Gretz because of Luc) In my opinion... the entire game changed on the PP goal..the ENTIRE series changed on that goal. Be scared fellow Kings fans be very scared. The only thing we can do is lose the hope we have......(after seeing tonight) Kings in 7... i hope....

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:23 AM
kingbrath

PS im coming in late so havet read anything, but why was our goal disallowed?

Old
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
kingbrath

PSS is Reaper still around?

Old
04-19-2012, 03:28 AM
ZJames

Seems like a lot of people think the wheels are coming off. Its just 1 game. Vancouver has still has to win 3 games before we win 1.

Vancouver was bound to get a win, they out shot us in games 2 and 3, but we still got the win. Overall I felt like the Kings played the better game, but we still lost. That will happen.

Season aint over yet boys and girls. (besides, it would be pretty darn sweet to beat them in vancouver )

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:30 AM
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I hate when they try that fancy pass crap. They are not that kind of team, they are simply North-South players. The only player who can handle passes like that is Kopitar. I wonder if DS brought Dwight King in an effort to get Richards to not attempt plays like that. That line was terrible tonight. I can't help but think Gagne would be the difference maker on that line, too bad he's been out all year. The Sedins worked their magic tonight and it worries me that there is a 3 day layover until the next game. That will give them plenty of time to further perfect their game. Richards/Carter need to ****ing show up for Game 5 otherwise we're in trouble.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Wheels definitely aren't coming off. Kings just have to win one. The Canucks have to win 3 and have no room for any mistakes, or for anyone to have a bad game.

It is extremely unlikely that Quick would not steal one of these three games by himself, even if the Kings didn't put together a great game. Just gotta nick two goals.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:37 AM
TheSlovenian

Again, the Kings need Richards line to contribute with GOALS. The only line contributing (for the last 2 games ofc) is the first line and I don't like it. But still, Kings in 5 .

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:37 AM
OK Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Alex Burrows got to him
lmfao, whats next, the sedins are intimidating?

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:42 AM
SuperAlmeida

Wow, we had 50 hits in this game, in contrast Vancouver only had 26!!!

Jeff Carter with 7 shots on goal, while Anze Kopitar had 6.

It's not over until it's over! We need to win the next game unless they will get even more momentum! We can do this! It would definetly be great to take the series home in their arena! Go Kings Go! BELIEVE!

Now Carter get some days to rest his ancle, which can be good for him! I don't want this series to go to 7.

We have to forget our mental breakdowns from the past!

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 04-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.
SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:45 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
lmfao, whats next, the sedins are intimidating?
They are when they're on the power play.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:56 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
They are when they're on the power play.
When both Sedins are on the ice, they don't look where they're passing and it's tape to tape, Daniel goes down and Henrik doesn't know who to pass to. It's strange how SUDDENLY they start making no look, behind the back passes, tape to tape, in beautiful fashion.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:00 AM
ju87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Wheels definitely aren't coming off. Kings just have to win one. The Canucks have to win 3 and have no room for any mistakes, or for anyone to have a bad game.

It is extremely unlikely that Quick would not steal one of these three games by himself, even if the Kings didn't put together a great game. Just gotta nick two goals.
not just win 3, but 3 in a row

ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:17 AM
Alisa
Quickie fangirl

I was impressed with Schneider tonight and I really, really didn't want to be. That's quite the back up goalie.

On a possible positive note, when he potentially takes over and Luongo gets traded in the off season, do we get to go down in history as the team that finally drove a wedge between the Canucks and Bobby Lou?

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:46 AM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Wow, we had 50 hits in this game, in contrast Vancouver only had 26!!!

Jeff Carter with 7 shots on goal, while Anze Kopitar had 6.

It's not over until it's over! We need to win the next game unless they will get even more momentum! We can do this! It would definetly be great to take the series home in their arena! Go Kings Go! BELIEVE!

Now Carter get some days to rest his ancle, which can be good for him! I don't want this series to go to 7.

We have to forget our mental breakdowns from the past!
These are key stats. We were hitting them and had the better scoring chances.
I cant believe Kesler wasnt called for a cross check on Brown with that scramble in front where he hit the post. The ref was staring right at it. Kesler looked up at the ref after he was on top of Brown. He expected to be whistled. I dont understand misses like that. He was crossed checked out of a scoring chance....for the love of god, thats a penalty!

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote