HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#4 KINGS v. CANUCKS 4/18/12 ... loss, Kings up 3-1, regroup Game #5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2012, 02:25 AM
  #101
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Herby has the culture changed then? You being all hopeful, it's awesome
No. I call it like I see it. And am a results oriented guy. Have always said that. Sports is an easy thing, you either win or you don't, there is no middle ground. The Kings have won 3 of the 4 games in the series, there is more reason to be excited than disappointed.

Now if the shoe were on the other foot and the Kings were down 3-1 I would not be saying things like "reverse sweep" or "it's not over until they win 4" like I'm sure some here would be saying.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:26 AM
  #102
TheSlovenian
Registered User
 
TheSlovenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ljubljana
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Well, onto the next one. It should be an interesting game in Vancouver. Go Kings!

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:31 AM
  #103
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
No. I call it like I see it. And am a results oriented guy. Have always said that. Sports is an easy thing, you either win or you don't, there is no middle ground. The Kings have won 3 of the 4 games in the series, there is more reason to be excited than disappointed.

Now if the shoe were on the other foot and the Kings were down 3-1 I would not be saying things like "reverse sweep" or "it's not over until they win 4" like I'm sure some here would be saying.
No doubt. I was just kinda making a pun on your custom title. And I agree with you most of the time, I am generally a very "realistic" guy. But I really like the Kings have put together over the past year, it's why this season was so disappointing and why I may have seemed a little more over optimistic this year, I just felt this roster could do better. I think a win in game 5 changes that disappointing season though

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:45 AM
  #104
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
No doubt. I was just kinda making a pun on your custom title. And I agree with you most of the time, I am generally a very "realistic" guy. But I really like the Kings have put together over the past year, it's why this season was so disappointing and why I may have seemed a little more over optimistic this year, I just felt this roster could do better. I think a win in game 5 changes that disappointing season though
His custom title, at least to me, goes hand in hand with his avatar, Brady Hoke, our new football coach. Dude changed the culture at Michigan in one year and we actually have a decent football team again.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:47 AM
  #105
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
I have been trying so hard to learn to like Jeff Carter...

Nothin' happenin'.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:49 AM
  #106
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Just got back from the game - here's the bottom line the way I see it. There's a reason the No. 1 seed / President's Trophy winner has never been swept in the first round by the No. 8 seed in NHL history - it's frickin' HARD to do!

Come back hard and wrap this up in Vancouver. Love to do it at home, but, you know...........

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:54 AM
  #107
JDeuce23
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Mostly a lurker, first-time poster. A few thoughts on tonight's game:

- Blame me for the loss...seriously. I don't get a chance to go to many games while trying to juggle grad school and a work schedule with frequent goofy hours, but I went tonight...and the Kings are 0-6 lifetime when I've attended in person. I think it'd be best if I just don't go again until it's a regular season game against some crappy team (although I tried that this past season when the Kings lost to Columbus at home). Anyway...

- For those of you who weren't there, believe me...after Brown's PS miss, it seemed like the air was completely let out from that place. It was palpable. Although part of it was amusing since my wife, who knows only the basic rules of hockey, jumped out of her seat as if 10,000 volts of electricity were shot through her shoes and screamed "THAT'S A PENALTY!!" when he was hauled down.

- I can't make up my mind whether Brown's miss or missing the chance to go up 2-0 with only seconds left in the first was the turning point in the game. Had either one of those worked out, I truly believe the Kings would have ridden the momentum to a win. But the miss reminds me...when the hell was the last time any King converted a penalty shot? Going back to regular season shootouts, I have a running count of at least a dozen straight misses...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

- I think we're in trouble if we don't win Game 5. It would put immense pressure on the Kings to win Game 6 at home, because if they lost that, then all their great work will have been undone...and it's back to a hostile environment for a winner-take-all game. I wouldn't be wild about our odds of pulling that off if it happened.

- Sometimes, the bounces just don't go your way. Really hoping this was a one-off, not the start of a trend...

JDeuce23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:10 AM
  #108
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*
 
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
I have been trying so hard to learn to like Jeff Carter...

Nothin' happenin'.
The Richards/Carter duo can take the heat off Kopi/Brown all they want, but at some point they need to score a few as well. Teams will realize they're not as much of a threat as they're made out to be at one point or another. I feel the Canucks figured this out tonight.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:16 AM
  #109
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 500
We butcher Penner for causing turnovers, but what about Richards and Carter out there the past 2 games? they were turning the puck over left and right in the neutral zone, one of which(from Richards) cost us a goal. Edler made a bad drop pass that got picked off and they got scored on....he didn't do that same thing again; yet Richards and Williams try to do the same thing with the puck OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean, it's possibly a 5% efficiency rate with their passes(richards in the neutral zone and Williams in the defensive zone). The breakout is just not there.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:20 AM
  #110
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
We butcher Penner for causing turnovers, but what about Richards and Carter out there the past 2 games? they were turning the puck over left and right in the neutral zone, one of which(from Richards) cost us a goal. Edler made a bad drop pass that got picked off and they got scored on....he didn't do that same thing again; yet Richards and Williams try to do the same thing with the puck OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean, it's possibly a 5% efficiency rate with their passes(richards in the neutral zone and Williams in the defensive zone). The breakout is just not there.
Richards was garbage, especially on the go ahead goal. Dude turned it over and then deflected it into his own net.

No idea how he can play so amazing in Game 1 and then get progressively worse each game. The plus side is he was so bad tonight it can't get any worse, hopefully he gets back to the game 1 level.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:21 AM
  #111
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Richards was garbage, especially on the go ahead goal. Dude turned it over and then deflected it into his own net.

No idea how he can play so amazing in Game 1 and then get progressively worse each game. The plus side is he was so bad tonight it can't get any worse, hopefully he gets back to the game 1 level.
Alex Burrows got to him

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:21 AM
  #112
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 500
WOW! if i could watch that first period over and over......

haha..the Nucks deserved this game..not because of Daniel not because they got a pp, because they wanted this! Now I am scared. Ive been a Kings fan since I was 10 yrs old..in Alberta thats a bad thing. (not because of Gretz because of Luc) In my opinion... the entire game changed on the PP goal..the ENTIRE series changed on that goal. Be scared fellow Kings fans be very scared. The only thing we can do is lose the hope we have......(after seeing tonight) Kings in 7... i hope....

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:23 AM
  #113
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 500
PS im coming in late so havet read anything, but why was our goal disallowed?

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:24 AM
  #114
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,194
vCash: 500
PSS is Reaper still around?

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:28 AM
  #115
ZJames
Registered User
 
ZJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dont worry about it
Country: United States
Posts: 537
vCash: 500
Seems like a lot of people think the wheels are coming off. Its just 1 game. Vancouver has still has to win 3 games before we win 1.

Vancouver was bound to get a win, they out shot us in games 2 and 3, but we still got the win. Overall I felt like the Kings played the better game, but we still lost. That will happen.

Season aint over yet boys and girls. (besides, it would be pretty darn sweet to beat them in vancouver )

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:30 AM
  #116
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*
 
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
We butcher Penner for causing turnovers, but what about Richards and Carter out there the past 2 games? they were turning the puck over left and right in the neutral zone, one of which(from Richards) cost us a goal. Edler made a bad drop pass that got picked off and they got scored on....he didn't do that same thing again; yet Richards and Williams try to do the same thing with the puck OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean, it's possibly a 5% efficiency rate with their passes(richards in the neutral zone and Williams in the defensive zone). The breakout is just not there.
I hate when they try that fancy pass crap. They are not that kind of team, they are simply North-South players. The only player who can handle passes like that is Kopitar. I wonder if DS brought Dwight King in an effort to get Richards to not attempt plays like that. That line was terrible tonight. I can't help but think Gagne would be the difference maker on that line, too bad he's been out all year. The Sedins worked their magic tonight and it worries me that there is a 3 day layover until the next game. That will give them plenty of time to further perfect their game. Richards/Carter need to ****ing show up for Game 5 otherwise we're in trouble.

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:30 AM
  #117
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,788
vCash: 500
Awards:
Wheels definitely aren't coming off. Kings just have to win one. The Canucks have to win 3 and have no room for any mistakes, or for anyone to have a bad game.

It is extremely unlikely that Quick would not steal one of these three games by himself, even if the Kings didn't put together a great game. Just gotta nick two goals.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:37 AM
  #118
TheSlovenian
Registered User
 
TheSlovenian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ljubljana
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 882
vCash: 500
Again, the Kings need Richards line to contribute with GOALS. The only line contributing (for the last 2 games ofc) is the first line and I don't like it. But still, Kings in 5 .

TheSlovenian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:37 AM
  #119
OK Computer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hollywood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Alex Burrows got to him
lmfao, whats next, the sedins are intimidating?

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:42 AM
  #120
SuperAlmeida
Registered User
 
SuperAlmeida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,083
vCash: 500
Wow, we had 50 hits in this game, in contrast Vancouver only had 26!!!

Jeff Carter with 7 shots on goal, while Anze Kopitar had 6.

It's not over until it's over! We need to win the next game unless they will get even more momentum! We can do this! It would definetly be great to take the series home in their arena! Go Kings Go! BELIEVE!

Now Carter get some days to rest his ancle, which can be good for him! I don't want this series to go to 7.

We have to forget our mental breakdowns from the past!


Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 04-19-2012 at 03:50 AM.
SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:45 AM
  #121
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Computer View Post
lmfao, whats next, the sedins are intimidating?
They are when they're on the power play.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:56 AM
  #122
Martyros
Registered User
 
Martyros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Hood
Country: Armenia
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
They are when they're on the power play.
When both Sedins are on the ice, they don't look where they're passing and it's tape to tape, Daniel goes down and Henrik doesn't know who to pass to. It's strange how SUDDENLY they start making no look, behind the back passes, tape to tape, in beautiful fashion.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:00 AM
  #123
ju87
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: South Bay
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Wheels definitely aren't coming off. Kings just have to win one. The Canucks have to win 3 and have no room for any mistakes, or for anyone to have a bad game.

It is extremely unlikely that Quick would not steal one of these three games by himself, even if the Kings didn't put together a great game. Just gotta nick two goals.
not just win 3, but 3 in a row

ju87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:17 AM
  #124
Alisa
Quickie fangirl
 
Alisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orange County, Ca
Posts: 2,750
vCash: 500
I was impressed with Schneider tonight and I really, really didn't want to be. That's quite the back up goalie.

On a possible positive note, when he potentially takes over and Luongo gets traded in the off season, do we get to go down in history as the team that finally drove a wedge between the Canucks and Bobby Lou?

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:46 AM
  #125
bbfrc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Wow, we had 50 hits in this game, in contrast Vancouver only had 26!!!

Jeff Carter with 7 shots on goal, while Anze Kopitar had 6.

It's not over until it's over! We need to win the next game unless they will get even more momentum! We can do this! It would definetly be great to take the series home in their arena! Go Kings Go! BELIEVE!

Now Carter get some days to rest his ancle, which can be good for him! I don't want this series to go to 7.

We have to forget our mental breakdowns from the past!
These are key stats. We were hitting them and had the better scoring chances.
I cant believe Kesler wasnt called for a cross check on Brown with that scramble in front where he hit the post. The ref was staring right at it. Kesler looked up at the ref after he was on top of Brown. He expected to be whistled. I dont understand misses like that. He was crossed checked out of a scoring chance....for the love of god, thats a penalty!

bbfrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.