HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

when prucha comes back...

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 08:26 PM
DontStaal

vCash: 500
when prucha comes back...

what do we do with the lineups? wats gonna be the deal with Hossa? I personally would love to see prucha on one of the "big boy" lines, but we're prob gonna see him take hossa's spot on the 3rd line (plus he is comin back from injury so i dont noe if he'll be fully ready ... )

Old
03-09-2006, 08:29 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersin06
what do we do with the lineups? wats gonna be the deal with Hossa? I personally would love to see prucha on one of the "big boy" lines, but we're prob gonna see him take hossa's spot on the 3rd line (plus he is comin back from injury so i dont noe if he'll be fully ready ... )
hossa shouldnt be in the lineup. hollweg shud take his spot

Old
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I bet it'll be:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Sykora
Prucha-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer

Old
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
I bet it'll be:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Sykora
Prucha-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer
Looks good to me

Old
03-09-2006, 08:50 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
I bet it'll be:
Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Rucinsky-Rucchin-Sykora
Prucha-Betts-Ward
Hollweg-Moore-Ortmeyer
werd

Old
03-09-2006, 09:04 PM
BuRe#9

speaking of prucha when is he coming back?

Old
03-09-2006, 11:18 PM
92hatchattack

Personaly i like Prucha with Sykora....... now that i think about it Sykora has kinda been invisible since Prucha went out.

When they were out there together they were stuffing the puck in the net anyway they could.

Old
03-10-2006, 12:25 AM
DutchShamrock

I would like to see Prucha on the 2nd line with Ruccinsky on the 3rd and Hollweg playing the part of H on the HMO line. Hossa sits. Ruccinsky is better defensively (when he tries) than Prucha, put him on the checking line.

Old
03-10-2006, 06:04 AM
HAPPY HOUR

We are going to need a bonafide checking line in the playoffs so,I also prefer PP on the second line and Marty on the third with Betts and Ward. I don't think Renney will want to use the HMO line strictly against the other teams top lines....

Old
03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Ola

I just watched a replay of the Atlanta game.

I was really impressed with Hollweg. Not the hits(they are expected but still appriciated of course), but Hollweg played a perfect game defensivly, school book IMO.

A typical sequence where when the puck was dumped into the zone, Hollweg caught up with the D and nailed him right as he played the puck up the boards, Moore stepped up on ATL RW who got the puck and pinned him to the boards. Instead of gooing after the puck Hollweg stayed with ATL's C. Kaspar could then step up and help Moore - which is perfect, if Hollweg would have pressured the puck he would have come in from a angle behind the net and both him and Moore could have been caught. Kaspars angle comming in from the blue line keeps him on the right side of the puck. Hollweg then takes Kaspars position as a D on the blue line. ATL winns the fight along the boards but Hollweg in a D position can send it behind the net again where Ortmayer puts pressure on the puck. Instead of darting into the crease Hollweg takes a long way over to the right side through the neutral zone before he moves deeper into the zone - a perfect decision. Had he gone towards the net and Orts had lost the puck or a pass towards Hollweg would have been broken up, and with Moore a bit caught up we would have been hit by a odd man rush, 2 on 1 or 3 on 2. Orts losses the battle behind the net and ATL trys to ship out the puck, of course Hollweg is now in a RW position and can NAIL ATL's LW.

I can't describe how much I loved that sequence. I watched it over and over again. Hollweg is out there playing with a adrenaline up over his ears but still makes three extremely good decisions, which all three turned out to save us from odd man rushes - all three decisions where also the absolute opposite from what you could expect from a player that hot - you ought to think that every instinct in his body where telling him to go after the puck and hit people.

There where a few shifts like that where Hollwegs positional play keept the HMO line in the attacking zone for the entire shifts. You gotta love it when a 4th line hitman like Hollweg plays that way. If Ryan keeps it up I don't ever want to see him taken out of the lineup again.

Old
03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
shoothepuck

Rucinsky on the third, Prucha on the second, sit Hossa, and play Hollweg on the fourth, although Renney will find a way to sit Hollweg and play Hossa if he feels toughness isn't needed that game.

Old
03-10-2006, 08:18 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRe#9

JD mentioned that he could be back this weekend.

03-10-2006, 08:25 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Looks good to me
For now, yes. But after Prucha gets back into gameshape, I would want our 2nd leading goal scorer to be back on the 2nd line. Does not really make sense to have him on the third line in the playoffs.

Old
03-10-2006, 08:36 AM
bigblue21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
If Ryan keeps it up I don't ever want to see him taken out of the lineup again.
Well, what about when he turns 50?

Old
03-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Fletch

Long term...

(a week or so out) I'd like to see Prucha playing with Sykora and Rucchin. Short term, with Betts and Ward as he gets into game shape. I actually think Rucinsky can help the third line (offensively, while not sacraficing defense) more than Prucha, and think he'd be a decent fit there which would balance out the lines nicely. There needs to be more offense from the bottom two lines, and Rucinsky's playmaking and cycling ability, which I currently rate higher than Prucha's, would be an asset on that line.

Old
03-10-2006, 09:06 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRe#9
Reported in the Post that Slats said Prucha will be back next week.

Old
03-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
JD mentioned that he could be back this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sather
The GM also said Petr Prucha should be back in action next week.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/62969.htm

Old
03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
eco's bones

I like Betts as an honest and very good defensive minded player. He only has 1 assist this year though and I wouldn't put Prucha on his line.

Old
03-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
I just watched a replay of the Atlanta game.

I was really impressed with Hollweg. Not the hits(they are expected but still appriciated of course), but Hollweg played a perfect game defensivly, school book IMO.

A typical sequence where when the puck was dumped into the zone, Hollweg caught up with the D and nailed him right as he played the puck up the boards, Moore stepped up on ATL RW who got the puck and pinned him to the boards. Instead of gooing after the puck Hollweg stayed with ATL's C. Kaspar could then step up and help Moore - which is perfect, if Hollweg would have pressured the puck he would have come in from a angle behind the net and both him and Moore could have been caught. Kaspars angle comming in from the blue line keeps him on the right side of the puck. Hollweg then takes Kaspars position as a D on the blue line. ATL winns the fight along the boards but Hollweg in a D position can send it behind the net again where Ortmayer puts pressure on the puck. Instead of darting into the crease Hollweg takes a long way over to the right side through the neutral zone before he moves deeper into the zone - a perfect decision. Had he gone towards the net and Orts had lost the puck or a pass towards Hollweg would have been broken up, and with Moore a bit caught up we would have been hit by a odd man rush, 2 on 1 or 3 on 2. Orts losses the battle behind the net and ATL trys to ship out the puck, of course Hollweg is now in a RW position and can NAIL ATL's LW.

I can't describe how much I loved that sequence. I watched it over and over again. Hollweg is out there playing with a adrenaline up over his ears but still makes three extremely good decisions, which all three turned out to save us from odd man rushes - all three decisions where also the absolute opposite from what you could expect from a player that hot - you ought to think that every instinct in his body where telling him to go after the puck and hit people.

There where a few shifts like that where Hollwegs positional play keept the HMO line in the attacking zone for the entire shifts. You gotta love it when a 4th line hitman like Hollweg plays that way. If Ryan keeps it up I don't ever want to see him taken out of the lineup again.

Old
03-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
(a week or so out) I'd like to see Prucha playing with Sykora and Rucchin. Short term, with Betts and Ward as he gets into game shape. I actually think Rucinsky can help the third line (offensively, while not sacraficing defense) more than Prucha, and think he'd be a decent fit there which would balance out the lines nicely. There needs to be more offense from the bottom two lines, and Rucinsky's playmaking and cycling ability, which I currently rate higher than Prucha's, would be an asset on that line.
With the amount of turnovers that Betts and Ward create in the offensive zone and the hard forechecking that they do, I think that Prucha will complement those two just fine. These two guys do everything but finish. Prucha will do the finishing work and you'll see Betts assist numbers go up. Of course, Prucha is such a player that will benefit ANY line. God, I miss Prucha.

Old
03-10-2006, 01:08 PM
Fletch

He'd complement fine, yes...

it think Rucinsky's a better playmaker than Prucha and he'd get the other two going offensively (and Ward's shown an offensive ability on a few occasions). I don't think Prucha won't do well, I just think the lines are optimized with Rucinsky with Betts and Prucha with Sykora.

Old
03-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
it think Rucinsky's a better playmaker than Prucha and he'd get the other two going offensively (and Ward's shown an offensive ability on a few occasions). I don't think Prucha won't do well, I just think the lines are optimized with Rucinsky with Betts and Prucha with Sykora.
Rucinsky is also the kind of good player that any line can benefit from. I like Rucinsky's defensive skill as well, but I just don't think that Betts and Ward would have more points with Martin rather than with Prucha. It doesn't really matter though. Prucha with Sykora will magnify the 2nd line's scoring capability, while Rucinsky with Betts and Ward will magnify the 3rd line's forechecking capability. Whether Prucha plays on the 2nd or 3rd line, it will be good for the team.

Old
03-10-2006, 02:42 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
In my eyes, Pruchs on the 3rd for a game or two, then back up to the second, with the original HMO line after them on a regular basis. HOLLWEG>>>>>>>>hossa (and thats not from just these last dynamite hits, i've been sayin this all year)

Closed Thread