HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burkie #1 targets this offseason will be...

Old
04-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dierks View Post
I bet you thought the same about Richards and Carter too

ANA finished 6th last and Getzlaf & Perry are up for new contracts soon. It's not unreasonable to believe they could move him. Stranger things have happened
Which will likely resign here and with no problems. We have very little center depth as it is it's not even a discussion that he will be traded. Just stop..... Seriously every week there's another Tor - Ana trade discussion.... Down right annoying. Even other members of your fan base are telling people to stop Geeze.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
I bet you thought the same about Richards and Carter too
Which has nothing to do with the situation in Anaheim. Philly could afford to trade those two, which they identified as problems, character wise, due to their amazing depth at center, with Giroux and Briere still there. The Ducks lack depth, actually look to improve that depth, so the motivation for the Ducks is entirely different.

Quote:
ANA finished 6th last and Getzlaf & Perry are up for new contracts soon. It's not unreasonable to believe they could move him. Stranger things have happened
Haven't seen many stranger things happen in the last years. If they don't want to sign - which we have no reason to believe just yet - there will always be the deadline to trade them. No reason to do it before then.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
#1 centers are extremely hard to come by as nobody wants to trade theirs, as the guy said earlier, you draft them, I hope the leafs do that this summer. If Burke could trade for one, I think he would've already. If he didn't because he thought it was an overpayment, someone else make the trade for him because in my eyes it is becoming apparent that it is NEVER (within reason of course) an overpayment if you are trading for a #1 center. I can always hope we get someone like Getzlaf (don't want Thorton, he is too old and would be good if we got him but he would really just be a plug for a couple years until he retires) but it is just so unlikely I have almost given up hope. If Burke trades for a #1, it will be because the person isn't a #1 on their current team but thrives in the role when given it, the best case scenario that I can see with this is J. Staal and personally I feel Burke should do whatever it takes to get him. Ideally whatever it takes for Staal (Kessel can go in this trade) and somehow move up in the draft for Yakupov (can replace Kessel). Center depth is always something you want though so I can see even Staal not being available even though that would still have Crosby and Malkin.

Defensivly I think the Leafs are good. Carlyle is bringing in a new more defensive system and I think it will help out a lot and improve all of their stats. Including the goaltending stats.

Goaltending I think could use a vet to help. Burke has made it clear (atleast I thought he did) that Reimer is the go-to-guy next year but this year has shown that with a young unproven goaltender, you need a back up, not another young unproven goalie. There are a number of goalies available at UFA who I think fit this need and it shouldn't be that hard to get one and shouldn't have to give up assets to do so.

Other than trying to get a #1 center and signing a vet goalie I don't see a whole lot else for Burke to do other than trying to 'get bigger' on forward. Of course would love to see LACK players get traded, but that will be tough to do. Until the LACK player contracts expire or are moved, the team really is handcuffed from being a contender.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
You guys really should forget about any of RPG. Carlyle and them did not get along too well this year.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmack224 View Post
Leafs should look to get a good number 2 Center that can play the number 1 roll untill Galchenyuk/Grigorenko/Forsberg are ready for the number 1 role which could be this year.

Best Option for the Leafs - make sure you come away with Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg. Stop signing guys that are not gonna work out ie Connolly, and Lombardi... I still Laugh everytime I see what Toronto paid for Tim Connolly...
I'd rather have one more year of Tinman to deal with then 5 of Leino.

And Lombardi was traded for, not signed, with the reasonable expectation that he wasnt even going to play. Thats why NAS had to get rid of him. They couldnt afford to pay a guy to not play hockey. For taking on Lombardi, we acquired Franson from NAS. Worth the price IMO.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I'd rather have one more year of Tinman to deal with then 5 of Leino.

And Lombardi was traded for, not signed, with the reasonable expectation that he wasnt even going to play. Thats why NAS had to get rid of him. They couldnt afford to pay a guy to not play hockey. For taking on Lombardi, we acquired Franson from NAS. Worth the price IMO.
Especially when all we gave up was Lebda and some low rated prospect

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:43 PM
ginovegas

might as well try to pick him up next season when he is UFA. Why would you give up a massive return for someone with 1 year left on his contract

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:34 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
He isnt a FA, so he would have to trade for him. Not for sale.

Crazy overpayment, and even still, who trades their #1 center when you are not in a rebuild and Getzlaf Loves California. He isn't leaving.

Want to know the overpayment I am talking about?

2012 1st
2013 1st
Gardiner
Grabovski
Colborne

How does that look for you?
thats A LOT but I think Burkie might do it Ryan Getzlaf is EXACTLY what we need Getzlaf, Kessel, Lupul and Dion would be a hell of a core. I mean yes we give up our #2 center but #2 centers are easier to get then legit #1's as for the picks chances are if we had Getzlaf they wouldn't be high picks so that wouldn't bug me.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thats A LOT but I think Burkie might do it Ryan Getzlaf is EXACTLY what we need Getzlaf, Kessel, Lupul and Dion would be a hell of a core. I mean yes we give up our #2 center but #2 centers are easier to get then legit #1's as for the picks chances are if we had Getzlaf they wouldn't be high picks so that wouldn't bug me.
You are delusional. There is no way in hell ANYONE gives that value which was exactly the point of my post.

Old
04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlotto99 View Post
Ryan Getzlaf I think Burke will throw everything and the kitchen sink at the Ducks to get his former Captain.

So what would it take to land Getzlaf?
pipedream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IBLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:18 AM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Burkes #1 priority should be goaltending? does anyone else agree???
yes

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:40 AM
JohnnyDuck93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I seriously seriously doubt Getzlaf is leaving. He loves California. He married an Orange County girl.

Perry is the only guy that has not tipped his hand either way. But we know he loves playing with Getzlaf.
Perry just bought a 7 million dollar house on the peninsula.I highly doubt either one walks i bet they'll both be signed to identical long term contracts before the trade deadline.

JohnnyDuck93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:50 AM
Schennanigans

Scoring wasn't a problem for us. Goaltending, defense, and coaching implementing a decent system is what needs to be addressed before anything else.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:52 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Clearly this thread belongs in a fantasy section.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDuck93 View Post
Perry just bought a 7 million dollar house on the peninsula.I highly doubt either one walks i bet they'll both be signed to identical long term contracts before the trade deadline.
Hadn't heard that. You know from personal knowledge or a source?

Old
04-19-2012, 04:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Ready 4 Ploffs

Why would Anaheim trade Getzlaf after his worst season? nothing on the leafs interests me in a trade for him

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:35 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think his #1 priority if he owns a house in Toronto he should put it up for sale.

I was just coming here to post it.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:29 AM
JackBauer

if Burke trades the pick for Getzlaf or any other 1C, he has missed the point of what got the Leafs in this mess entirely.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:39 AM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
I think Burke tries to acquire:
Bryzgalov or Luongo for cheap
Penner
C. Stewart
J. Staal

They would probably have to give up Schenn and Kadri to get all of them but it would be worth it.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:12 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
I think Burke tries to acquire:
Bryzgalov or Luongo for cheap
Penner
C. Stewart
J. Staal

They would probably have to give up Schenn and Kadri to get all of them but it would be worth it.
i cant see burke even kicking the tires on bryzgalov or luongo. their contracts and inconsistent play make them not ideal candidates for toronto.

no spot for penner to play. if we didnt have armstrong, lombardi, connolly, then maybe i would be ok to take a flyer on him but there is neither cap space nor roster space for him.

i can see burke being interested in stewart. there have been some discussion on what st louis would want. it seems based on here that something around gunnarson and stewart as the main pieces could be workable.

burke would probably have interest in j staal. i shutter at what the pens would want/actually get but i think something with kulemin and schenn and j staal as the main pieces could get a conversation going.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
I think a much more suitable target for the Leafs would be Joe Thronton if San Jose really is going in a new direction.
Thornton never played for Burke on the Canucks or Ducks.

I'm guessing that Burke goes after Kesler or Getzlaf.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:33 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Getzlaf had 1 goal in his last 20 plus games. Some crazy number. He is a group III next summer along with Perry. The Ducks are going to re-sign both of them? How much money is that going to cost? The players don't take hometown discounts.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
Shouldn't this be posted on the Leafs board?
Sure...but then we would miss all of the witty sarcasm.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
JVR21
G

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs03 View Post
Heres a list of all teams num 1 Cs..

Ana-Getzlaf(Draft by Ana)
Bos-Bergeron(Drafted by Bos)
Buff-Roy(drafted by Buff)
Flames-DONT HAVE ONE
Car-Staal(Drafted by Car)
Chi-Toews(Drafted by Chi)
Avs-Stastny/Duchene(Drafted by Avs)
Clb-Johannson(sp)(drafted by Clb)
Dal-Ribiero(drafted by habs)OPSS theres one:p
Det-Datsyuk(drafted by wings)
Edm-RNH(drafted by Oils)
Fla-Huberdeau(drafted by Fla)
Kings-Kopitar(drafted by Kings)
Min-Koivu(drafted by Min)
Mon-Dont have one(will draft one this years)
NJ-Zajac(drafted by devils)
NYI-Tavares(drafted by NYI)
NYR-Brad Richards(UFA Signing)
Ott-Spezza(drafted by Ott)
Philly-Couturier(drafted by Philly)
Phx- I really dont know whos their num 1 C lol..Dont have one??
Pens-Crosby/Malkin(drafted by pens both)
SJ-Thorton and future C COUTURE(thorton in a trade, but Couture drafted by sharks)
TB-Stamkos(drafted by Tb)
Tor- dont have one
Van-Sedin(drafted by Van)
Caps-backstrom(drafted by Caps)
Jets-dont have one

Everyteam drafted their own C. And thats what the leafs need to do....
Couturier ahead of Giroux....? Wut

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:50 AM
EarlGrey

Thread No. 91337292046293016 about the Leafs wanting to get a (future hall of fame) Center, with some size, who makes a good pass and can shoot. But Gardiner and 1st rounders are off the table. But there is willingness to trade MacArthur and probably The Monster/The Goof.

Boring people.

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote