HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Confidence Thread!

Old
04-19-2012, 07:23 AM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
The Confidence Thread!

Time to balance out the negative Nancys! I for one feel very confident in the Rangers ability to win this series. I knew Ottawa wasn't going to be a push over, I gave them two wins in the series as my prediction. With that said, all is going as expected, so I'm going Mark Mess in this *****!

We WILL win game 5... AND 6.

Ye of little faith are not welcome in this thread.

So what are you confident about? A particular aspect of our game? Something Ottawa is bound to falter in? Let your confidence be heard. We're the 1 seed, baby!

edit:

Reason's I am confident:

We shut them out on their home ice. I would not be surprised if we shut them out again on ours.
Ottawa has never had a lead in the series (IMO despite it being 2-2 I like this stat)
It's a 3 game series now and we have home ice.

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 04-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
I'm confident about Hank, Callahan, and most of the defense

Hodgy OFWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Dangleberry

You know what, we stole 1 on the road can't ask for much more at this point.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:37 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

notice the lonely feeling with this school of thought?
not being negative nancy, its taking off the ranger glasses and realizing they've been completely outplayed for a large portion of this series. Because the coach and captain seem to think their game is fine doesn't mean those watching it have to agree...they're screwed.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:40 AM
koz2393

I'm confident I'll develop a heart condition by the end of this series...does that count?

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 07:42 AM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
notice the lonely feeling with this school of thought?
not being negative nancy, its taking off the ranger glasses and realizing they've been completely outplayed for a large portion of this series. Because the coach and captain seem to think their game is fine doesn't mean those watching it have to agree...they're screwed.
If you think we're screwed as the 1 seed going against the 8th in essentially a 3 game series with home ice advantage, then I don't know what to tell you other than you lack confidence.

Old
04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

the seeds dont mean a damn thing. look at the series objectively, they should be down 3-1 and have been severely outplayed. yes i do lack confidence but what i lack in confidence i gain in objectivity so i wont be surprised when the rangers season is over next week.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

My concern is that the team appears to think that being outplayed for 55 minutes and blowing a 2 goal lead constitutes playing well. Ottawa has controlled the play for the majority of the series. If the team can't recognize that they aren't playing well then they are probably done in 6.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
You know what, we stole 1 on the road can't ask for much more at this point.
Not to be too negative in the confidence thread but that only offsets the fact that we had one taken from us at home.

This is a best-of-3 series. I have faith.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
MessierIsGod

I have faith but I don't think Lundy can carry us.

Imagine OT game 7..his record is 1-7..early OT goals in both losses so far

I'm sorry but until proven otherwise, he's no Richter.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:08 AM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

Quote:
the seeds dont mean a damn thing. look at the series objectively, they should be down 3-1 and have been severely outplayed. yes i do lack confidence but what i lack in confidence i gain in objectivity so i wont be surprised when the rangers season is over next week.
Number one seeds are not normally ousted in the first round.This is how the Rangers have played all year. It's not sexy at all. Staying in our zone for a good portion of the game is nothing new. Its not good, but we've become solid in our own end and minimized chances there despite the large amount of time there. They've been a safe but capitalistic offense, for the most part. We are an excellent team on home ice and on the road, much more balanced than Ottawa. The odds are in our favor.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:10 AM
Pugs35

I think the extent to which we've been outplayed is being greatly exaggerated. Both teams had plenty of chances last night. I'm pissed at the result, but not really the effort. I think they'll win in 6.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
NYRKING30

everybody wants to jump off the bridge this morning it seems. i can't even talk to some of my friends because they are beeing way too down and negative. they are acting like we are down 3-0.

with that being said, us as fans needs to keep MSG rowdy as hell for 60 mins on saturday night. anybody feel like we need to do major readjusting or just some tinkering?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
I think the extent to which we've been outplayed is being greatly exaggerated. Both teams had plenty of chances last night. I'm pissed at the result, but not really the effort. I think they'll win in 6.
i think it has to due with more ottawa occupying our zone and sustaining pressure for a much longer time then we have. we get chances and ottawa skates it out or clears it instantly almost. when ottawa is in our zone they even have 5-5 even strength powerplays for mins at a game.

im so tired of being pinned in our zone every single game.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
We should be up 3-1.

Apparently you don't think Del Zotto kicking the puck into the net constitutes any kind of fortune. That was all being outplayed.

04-19-2012, 09:14 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Fans can be confident. But the team certainly isn't playing with confidence. They're too reactive and letting Ottawa dictate play. They're not aggressive. They're playing back and making it way too easy for Ottawa to gain the offensive zone.

They were spotted a two goal lead and lost. Because they've changed the way play with the lead.

04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Fans can be confident. But the team certainly isn't playing with confidence. They're too reactive and letting Ottawa dictate play. They're not aggressive. They're playing back and making it way too easy for Ottawa to gain the offensive zone.
this is another thing that has been getting at me, you think torts would impose the motto from his 04 run "safe is death" or that they would learn from game 4 of last year after collapsing being up 3-0. i wish they had the run up the score mentality, maybe it would serve them well.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

They were spotted a two goal lead and lost. Because they've changed the way play with the lead.
Either they changed or just ran out of gas. I'm concerned because the team looks tired. Torts MUST roll four lines and all his defense. As they tire, the team can't seem to sustain the forecheck below the hash marks which is their trademark. Is the team burned out?

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Either they changed or just ran out of gas. I'm concerned because the team looks tired. Torts MUST roll four lines and all his defense. As they tire, the team can't seem to sustain the forecheck below the hash marks which is their trademark. Is the team burned out?
They look tired and they look slow. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that they're spending too much time in their own zone.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Hey we have been outplayed so much, that Ottawa has had a lead for 0:00 the whole series!!

We have been the better team, with the better goalie, defense, and depth. We should have won both games that went to OT.

Rangers in 6.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:31 AM
SnowblindNYR

Right now the team is giving me no reason for confidence. The only thing they do well right now is block shots. You can't just live in your own zone and just block shots.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
Hey we have been outplayed so much, that Ottawa has had a lead for 0:00 the whole series!!

We have been the better team, with the better goalie, defense, and depth. We should have won both games that went to OT.

Rangers in 6.
I don't care who leads. I care who wins. The fact that Ottawa has lead for 0:00 of series and the series is tied is a huge concern. The Rangers might have the better team, but they are not playing the better hockey.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 04-19-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Time to balance out the negative Nancys! I for one feel very confident in the Rangers ability to win this series!
I think they can win. They can sure play better than they did last night.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post

Rangers in 6.
you cant expect to win a playoff series while being in your own zone for more then half the game each game. somethings gotta give.

Old
04-19-2012, 09:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
I think they can win. They can sure play better than they did last night.
Of course they can win. But letting a skilled team who feel like they have nothing to lose hang around and gain confidence is recipe for being upset.