HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#4 KINGS v. CANUCKS 4/18/12 ... loss, Kings up 3-1, regroup Game #5

Old
04-19-2012, 11:30 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskeypete View Post

what’s the odds of Shanny reviewing and punishing the sister for his drive-by elbow of Brownie?
0%.

Sedin is a star player and Brown didn't get a concussion.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:31 AM
DoktorJeep
Original Bandwagoner

The Canucks have figured out a way to disrupt the Kings badly on the breakouts. In the past few weeks, we have seen the Kings be successful when they are able to get a d-man to jump up into the play to allow 3 skaters to take the puck out of the defensive zone. The last 3 games, I haven't seen them be able to do this. I'd like to see Sutter & Co. make some adjustments to allow for better breakouts and 3 men going through the neutral zone on attack. This should lead to better possession time in the Canucks end of the ice, which is the key to this team winning hockey games.

DoktorJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I thought the Kings played a decent game. The end.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieFleaSlash View Post
The Richards/Carter duo can take the heat off Kopi/Brown all they want, but at some point they need to score a few as well. Teams will realize they're not as much of a threat as they're made out to be at one point or another. I feel the Canucks figured this out tonight.
That's how it's been since he's gotten here. Clearly his arrival sparked the team and added depth to make it appear we have two scoring lines. He even threw a couple hits last night which was good to see.

But the fact is, we got him to score goals. One goal his last 7 regular season games before his injury, and it was empty net. None in the playoffs so far.

He had a chance in the slot last night in the third off a face off, exactly how you draw it up. And it looked like he was hesitant to really put his body into it and rip it, so he weakly throws it on Schneider and peels off.

Maybe I scapegoat him too much because I hated his game before he became a King, but he isn't doing a ton to change my mind. His direct contribution to the team's success has been minimal.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
That's how it's been since he's gotten here. Clearly his arrival sparked the team and added depth to make it appear we have two scoring lines. He even threw a couple hits last night which was good to see.

But the fact is, we got him to score goals. One goal his last 7 regular season games before his injury, and it was empty net. None in the playoffs so far.

He had a chance in the slot last night in the third off a face off, exactly how you draw it up. And it looked like he was hesitant to really put his body into it and rip it, so he weakly throws it on Schneider and peels off.

Maybe I scapegoat him too much because I hated his game before he became a King, but he isn't doing a ton to change my mind. His direct contribution to the team's success has been minimal.
I agree. I would rather have JJ on the powerplay than Carter as well doesn't help anything.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Cheekier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeuce23 View Post
Mostly a lurker, first-time poster. A few thoughts on tonight's game:

- Blame me for the loss...seriously. I don't get a chance to go to many games while trying to juggle grad school and a work schedule with frequent goofy hours, but I went tonight...and the Kings are 0-6 lifetime when I've attended in person. I think it'd be best if I just don't go again until it's a regular season game against some crappy team (although I tried that this past season when the Kings lost to Columbus at home).
Your airfare, accommodation and ticket to Game 5 are on me!

Cheekier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:22 PM
johnjm22

The breaks finally went the Canucks way in this game. Schneider looked good as well.

You just knew after the penalty shot that it wasn't our night. Carter looked much better though, that's encouraging.

What's the Kings recent home record in the playoffs? Something like 1-7 in their last eight? Not having home ice "advantage" is almost a blessing for this team.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Caustic

As a Canucks fan, I'm hoping the Kings are as rattled as the King's fans appear to be. (For the most part)

Vancouver outplayed the Kings last night. But there were also a couple of plays by Vancouver which were probably should have been penalties, but were not called. (That's quite the rarity!) There are also a couple of bounces which worked in Vancouver's favor. Also a rarity in this series. I think if all those were the other way around, it could have gone to overtime and then who knows what could have happened.

Vancouver was able to get their passing game on, and the King's forecheck was lacking... something that pretty much won them the first few games. Yes, Quick was good in those games too, but he didn't have to stop a lot of really difficult shots like last night.

Vancouver has been getting better and better against the Kings every game. For that reason, I can see why you guys are rattled. But let's be realistic here... they still need to win 3 games in a row. While I believe they have the talent to do it, the odds are simply too great to ignore.

No matter what - you guys should be proud of your team. Vancouver hardly brought their A-game at the start of the series and Daniel Sedin was out - but let's face it... the Kings completely manhandled the Canucks for the first couple of games.

At least this series is shaping up to be entertaining.

Caustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
As a Canucks fan, I'm hoping the Kings are as rattled as the King's fans appear to be. (For the most part)

Vancouver outplayed the Kings last night. But there were also a couple of plays by Vancouver which were probably should have been penalties, but were not called. (That's quite the rarity!) There are also a couple of bounces which worked in Vancouver's favor. Also a rarity in this series. I think if all those were the other way around, it could have gone to overtime and then who knows what could have happened.

Vancouver was able to get their passing game on, and the King's forecheck was lacking... something that pretty much won them the first few games. Yes, Quick was good in those games too, but he didn't have to stop a lot of really difficult shots like last night.

Vancouver has been getting better and better against the Kings every game. For that reason, I can see why you guys are rattled. But let's be realistic here... they still need to win 3 games in a row. While I believe they have the talent to do it, the odds are simply too great to ignore.

No matter what - you guys should be proud of your team. Vancouver hardly brought their A-game at the start of the series and Daniel Sedin was out - but let's face it... the Kings completely manhandled the Canucks for the first couple of games.

Last night was an entertaining game. I do not feel that the sucks outplayed the kings last night. One post, one great toe save, a stopped penalty shot were the difference.

I feel it was an evenly played game. If LA cannot figure out their PP then they will be out in the 2nd round.

Old
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Not really rattled at all. LA played good the first period and needed two more like it.

Props to Vancouver on a well played road game.

On a side note:

To any Kings player, please hit the crap out of the Canucks. WTF

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Schneider was great. It felt like the Kings had many great opportunities, and he was there to shut the door. I feel like his rebound control is suspect; need to start pouncing on those.

I'm not too worried. All it takes is one great team game, one game stolen by Quick, one game of bounces going our way and this one is over. Obviously staying out of the box is key; we saw an entirely different PP last night with Daniel back in there.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Not really rattled at all. LA played good the first period and needed two more like it.

Props to Vancouver on a well played road game.

On a side note:

To any Kings player, please hit the crap out of the Canucks. WTF
Agreed. Didn't seem like the kings were finishing any checks last night.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Not rattled at all here. I figured we'd lose one at home. The Kings play better on the road anyways.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Perro

On lakingsinsider someone is saying that on the Bieksa goal it shoudl have been too many men on the ice. They are saying that Salo was just getting off this ice as the shot is being taken. Not that it matters as whats done is done, but does anyone have any video of this.
I am guessin Salo was coming off for someone else as it has not been brought up anywhere else.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

As other have said we played a solid game and bounces just didn't go our way. It was kinda like game 3 for Vancouver. They played solid but the bounces didn't go their way!

It would've amazing if we had swept Vancouver but that would have been even more unbelievable then if Vancouver wins these series now. No team had ever swept the president trophy winner. (hell, no team had ever gone up 3-0 before the Kings).

I feel more confident and comfortable as a fan going into game 5 now. There is no longer that pressure of sweeping and making history. Just gotta go out there play a solid game and win.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:57 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

I'm not sure if its cause we are winning so the bad posters don't dare to show up but the Vancouver fans are much more civil and rational this year than the full asshat onslaught form they were 2 years ago when we lost. I like being able to go into a main board are seeing good discussions about a series with opposing fans.

CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
I'm not sure if its cause we are winning so the bad posters don't dare to show up but the Vancouver fans are much more civil and rational this year than the full asshat onslaught form they were 2 years ago when we lost. I like being able to go into a main board are seeing good discussions about a series with opposing fans.
I noticed that after game 1 as well. They were hard on their team for diving. In the past they would have blamed the refs.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:01 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
I agree. I would rather have JJ on the powerplay than Carter as well doesn't help anything.
No.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
This is one Kings fan who's not rattled.

The guy in my avatar is probably the biggest reason why.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:04 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:

Wow Canucks fans really think they outplayed us? I guess I just don't see it. If that's as good as Vancouver can be then we'll have no problem finishing them off because we all know the Kings still have a couple more gears they can shift to. The bounces can't keep going their way forever like they did last night.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I doubt the Kings players are rattled. I'm sure they are hungry for their first series win together and are tired of getting the show and losing in the first round. Vancouver on the otherhand, they have been taken to the brink of elimination by the 8th seed and squeaked out one win on the road. Their star goalie with a lifetime contract has been chased out of the series and possibly the team. Not very impressive if you ask me..

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
I was rattled for about thirty minutes this morning.
Then I hooked myself up to a car battery...all better!

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
The Big Giant Head

Am i the only one that feels the penalty on Nolan for roughing was total BS? He was jostling after the play with Sedin which is common, especially at that point in the game.

As far as the game goes...i thought we played well but that second period was brutal for us. Fraser with the stupidest ****ing penalty ive seen in a long time, hes in my dog house till he does something that'll help the team. It pretty obvious they zoned in on Brown tonight and shut him down. If we killed those penalties we'd be talking about a much closer game...i guess the lesson for next game is dont take stupid penalties and get back to what got us winning before is which is high energy and big hits. We doubled them up on body checks but i didnt see one hit that really worth anything.

Im not worried though...now if we lose game 5...well then i'll be concerned.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Am i the only one that feels the penalty on Nolan for roughing was total BS? He was jostling after the play with Sedin which is common, especially at that point in the game.

As far as the game goes...i thought we played well but that second period was brutal for us. Fraser with the stupidest ****ing penalty ive seen in a long time, hes in my dog house till he does something that'll help the team. It pretty obvious they zoned in on Brown tonight and shut him down. If we killed those penalties we'd be talking about a much closer game...i guess the lesson for next game is dont take stupid penalties and get back to what got us winning before is which is high energy and big hits. We doubled them up on body checks but i didnt see one hit that really worth anything.

Im not worried though...now if we lose game 5...well then i'll be concerned.
I thnk refs have been told not to tolerate any post whitle scrums. I thought it was very weak, but if it is called both ways I do not see an issue with it as if we get up in Game 5 it will hopefully be the nucks taking those penalties.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Man-alive-Kings-in-five!!

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote