HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ECQF Game #4: Rangers at Sens

Old
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Totally disagree. A loss, no matter what kind, sends some people into a crazed frenzy looking for answers other than the obvious.
I dont know. Were you freaking out after Vancouver's game 1 win, with the blown late lead? I wasnt. The Rangers dominated that game from start to near finish.

These two OT losses are disconcerting, because in both of them, the Rangers blew a lead and were scored on at the opening of OT.

The manner in which the Rangers are losing, and the way they are not dictating the play, is why people are really freaking out. If the Rangers were playing sound, coherent hockey and losing because of opposing goaltending, it would be easier to stomach.

The sad fact is that the Rangers have not had a dominating performance in a playoff game since the Atlanta series. Fans have every right to be frustrated, especially when they're the favorites.

I still think they win the series, but they do not look like a Cup contender at all. They're luck the field after Ottawa is pretty weak.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:54 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
starting boyle feds and prust first in OT tells you all you need to know about torts coaching. i mean come on sure boyles played well these playoffs for the first time in forever but you HAVE to trust your big guns in gaborik and richards. thats been torts' problem since he's got here, too much faith in bottom six scrubs and not enough in your talented players.

i mean not that richards and gabby were so fantastic but them playing average is still a lot better than feds and prust
Richards during the regular season was on the ice for 56 goals for and 57 goals against at even strength. So why should that big gun be trusted?

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Salz

Ottawa, to me, is playing like one of the Top 3 playoff teams in the East. The Flyers and Penguins look like disasters. Bruins look pretty good. Caps look okay. Devils and Panthers both look kind of bad. We got an unlucky draw here, but I believe we'll advance in 6 or 7.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Ottawa, to me, is playing like one of the Top 3 playoff teams in the East. The Flyers and Penguins look like disasters. Bruins look pretty good. Caps look okay. Devils and Panthers both look kind of bad. We got an unlucky draw here, but I believe we'll advance in 6 or 7.
Ottawa is not playing like a top three team. You will see this if they get past us and into the second round.

The Rangers are not playing well because of ineffective strategy and player tendencies that have not been addressed all season.

Its coming down to coaching.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:07 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Sure.....

Against the Rangers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Ottawa is not playing like a top three team. You will see this if they get past us and into the second round.

The Rangers are not playing well because of ineffective strategy and player tendencies that have not been addressed all season.

Right.

The problem is the Rangers aren't that great offensively to EXPLOIT Ottawa's D.
The Bruins, Flyers and Pens would handle them.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:07 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:

Every time the Sens have won games this year, people were having the same kind of comments: their team didn't play well. It was never because the Sens were playing better than the other team.

That's fine with us, I hope the others teams think like you do.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Sure.....

Against the Rangers....

Right.

The problem is the Rangers aren't that great offensively to EXPLOIT Ottawa's D.
The Bruins, Flyers and Pens would handle them.
Sens vs
Boston: 1-5
Pitts: 3-1
Philly: 2-2

Tim Thomas is the guy giving us problem.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:12 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Tortorella has been coaching not to lose.
Bingo

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Every time the Sens have won games this year, people were having the same kind of comments: their team didn't play well. It was never because the Sens were playing better than the other team.

That's fine with us, I hope the others teams think like you do.
I am watching your team D, and the Rangers letting your guys skate up ice. That won't happen with Boston. Philly would have your entire D corps chasing around in your end.

But be overconfident, you have a right to be if the Sens win the series. But I wouldn't expect it to last long.

Remember Tortorella has been out coached TWICE by Bruce figgin Boudreau(once even having a 3-1 lead in a series).

The man is not a tactician. He is showing it in this series yet again.

I know sens fans think they are the "little engine that could" or the "bad news bears". But against a team with some sort dynamic offense the Sens won't survive.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:17 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
I am watching your team D, and the Rangers letting your guys skate up ice. That won't happen with Boston. Philly would have your entire D corps chasing around in your end.

But be overconfident, you have a right to be if the Sens win the series. But I wouldn't expect it to last long.

Remember Tortorella has been out coached TWICE by Bruce figgin Boudreau(once even having a 3-1 lead in a series).

The man is not a tactician. He is showing it in this series yet again.

I know sens fans think they are the "little engine that could" or the "bad news bears". But against a team with some sort dynamic offense the Sens won't survive.
Nothing to do with overconfidence.

Nobody expect us to be in the playoffs and according to most experts, this serie should be over by now.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:18 AM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey girl View Post
hey, look at the bright side. We got the point for each of the two ot losses!
lmfao

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:25 AM
alfstheman

Quote:
Were you even watching the last game?? I was there and must say that ottawa was terrible for long streches of that game. They were forcing plays through the middle and i couldnt even count the amount of turnovers from blind/soft passes. The sens defence got beat numerous times from speedy wingers taking it to the outside and allowed players to walk right into the slot and take a quality shot. Anderson was the difference maker and it could have gone either way in every game so far...

However, the main reason I came here was to ask rangers fans if they were as appauled as I was with the reffing last game? I think both sides got alot of calls that wouldnt have even been called in the regular season. Honestly how do they expect players to give it their all mentally and physically when they keep changing how they call the game? I thought this was the playoffs not pee-wee. Call the dangerous/obvious plays but it seems like if someone sneezed on the ice they wud give an unsportsmanlike call.

alfstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
msv957

Lots of over reactions on this thread.

The Sens have not had the lead once in the whole series. This shows the Rangers are the better and more talented team and over a 7 game series usually the more talented team wins the series. This is the NHL playoffs. It is a grind and not easy to win. Many Stanley cup winners overcame tough fought series to win and advance. Let's see how this series plays out before jumping off the cliff.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:43 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Ottawa has not had a lead in this series for A SECOND! I'm miserable right now, though. Absolutely sick to my stomach. This wasn't supposed to happen. Just win 2/3. That's all we need.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:44 AM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post

The Sens have not had the lead once in the whole series. This shows the Rangers are the better and more talented team and over a 7 game series usually the more talented team wins the series. This is the NHL playoffs. It is a grind and not easy to win. Many Stanley cup winners overcame tough fought series to win and advance. Let's see how this series plays out before jumping off the cliff.
Not sure how you can assess that the Rangers have a more talented team? Because you had more points during the regular season?

Yes you have a better goaltender playing in a well run defensive strategy.

Sens defense are better puck movers, yours are better defensively (shot blockers), physicallity is about the same for both.

Offense is pretty even in my mind

Intangibles? you guys can argue luck, coaching, leadership, intensity, etc...

Old
04-19-2012, 11:45 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post

Well said. Boston went to Game 7 OT with Montreal last season. I can't remember the exact seeding but it's a similar situation. I'm still very stressed from this series, though.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Jason Spezza said he thinks the Staal hit was a little dirty.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:01 PM
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
There was a slash on the wrist first but Sens fans don't mind the hit at all. Maybe it can wake him up a bit.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:03 PM
coladin

vCash: 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I really have no words. I just don't understand how a mediocre team like Ottawa could dominate our supposed one seed.

The series is far from over but I have very little confidence right now.
Some teams match better/worst. I know we were dreading to play the Bruins in the 1st round, we just don't beat them. Ever. Thomas kills us. Even though we were considered to be a team that can go toe to toe with Boston, Bruins fans dreaded matchup with WSH and were looking forward to killing OTT.

Sens had some success against NYR this year and for whatever reason they play well at MSG.

While I respect what the Rangers have done, I feel the Bruins are the ones to beat because they kill us. However, I think you guys played well against the Bruins this year?

So, matchups is almost more important than your ranking.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:07 PM
TeamRenzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
We have dominated the Senators this series, Dominated, Ottawa has not had 1 lead, and the series is 2-2. Well be fine.
You have not been watching the series with an unbiased view point if you truly believe the Rangers have dominated the series.

TeamRenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:10 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Not sure how you can assess that the Rangers have a more talented team? Because you had more points during the regular season?

Yes you have a better goaltender playing in a well run defensive strategy.

Sens defense are better puck movers, yours are better defensively (shot blockers), physicallity is about the same for both.

Offense is pretty even in my mind

Intangibles? you guys can argue luck, coaching, leadership, intensity, etc...
I hate to keep pointing out flaws to fellow sens fans but look at the lineups of both teams. The rangers have more proven skilled players who have much more playoff experience then us. Especially in the top 6 (we have konopka and neil on the pp). What do we have for other offensive players besides milan, spezza, turris, karlsson maybe gonchar. The rest are hard working heart and soul guys but in terms of pure talent its pretty obvious the rangers have us beat.

Theres a reason rangers were first in the East, and I dont think we've seen their top game yet. I think it will go to 7 and as i am biased i think we will pull off the upset. But until then hoping for some EXCITING games that arent full of phantom penalties (for both sides) and the refs let us play the game like it was meant to be!!

Old
04-19-2012, 12:14 PM
alfstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
He might but pretty much all sens fans think it was Spezzas own fault for leaning in like that.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:18 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfstheman View Post
I hate to keep pointing out flaws to fellow sens fans but look at the lineups of both teams. The rangers have more proven skilled players who have much more playoff experience then us. Especially in the top 6 (we have konopka and neil on the pp). What do we have for other offensive players besides milan, spezza, turris, karlsson maybe gonchar. The rest are hard working heart and soul guys but in terms of pure talent its pretty obvious the rangers have us beat.

Dubinsky?no Anisimov?no Stepan?no

Outside of Richards, Gaborik and Callahan, the Rangers either have lots of grinders or players who haven't tapped into their offensive games yet.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:27 PM
arunnair87

Game 6, Hagelin GWG. Book it!

arunnair87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:27 PM
mug25

Anyone else sick and tired of seeing the same BS breakout play when the Rangers are on the Powerplay? It's SO damn predictable!!!

1. Stralman gets the puck behind the net.
2. Del Zotto picks up "speed" and picks up the puck from Stralman
3. Del Zotto skates (not so swiftly) the puck up the middle
4. Richards falls back 10 feet behind Del Zotto
5. Del Zotto drops the puck to Richards
6. Richards carries the puck straight up the center and gets shut down by the D.

This may have worked twice...but DAMMIT they need to stop.

Get the puck in the zone. Big body in front of the net. Get the puck to the point, make 1 pass. RIP IT. Rebound? Put it in.

Am I the only one seeing this?

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote