HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ric Jackman traded to Florida for Petr Taticek; Cory Cross traded to Detroit

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2006, 04:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 500
Ric Jackman traded to Florida for Petr Taticek; Cory Cross traded to Detroit

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06068/667670.stm

Old
03-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
didn't see Jackman to Florida coming lol

Old
03-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

No more Jackman!

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Senjutsu

Oh man, Cory Cross?

Detroit's a shoe-in for the Cup now!

Old
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

nice, we trade our only other d-man in Jackman that can point up some points and hit someone, for some bust who cant even score in the AHL. That's a smart move.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Zero
nice, we trade our only other d-man in Jackman that can point up some points and hit someone, for some bust who cant even score in the AHL. That's a smart move.
Let's spin it another way:

We give up a mistake-prone former-alcoholic blueliner for a kid that is 3 years removed from being a top-10 draft pick.

Old
03-09-2006, 05:26 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2

We give up a mistake-prone former-alcoholic blueliner for a kid that is 3 years removed from being a top-10 draft pick.
the fact that the guy we got can't score in the AHL is a bit dismaying to me. And while Jackman was nothing great, why take another center in return when our depth chart is full of them?

Old
03-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Clash*

Quote:
the fact that the guy we got can't score in the AHL is a bit dismaying to me. And while Jackman was nothing great, why take another center in return when our depth chart is full of them?
Because Taticek was never projected to be a top line player. He's more of a checkin role type center. Or would you rather have Crosby or Malkin playin on your third or fourth line?

Old
03-09-2006, 05:32 PM
John Druce
Flynt Flossy

Quote:
I agree 100%. If I were Pittsburgh I'd rather have Kris Beech back than Taticek. And there is also a very good possibility that the Pens will end up drafting another centre this year considering most of the top-prospects outside of Eric Johnson are centres (Staal, Little, Brassard, Mueller, Backstrom, etc)

Old
03-09-2006, 05:41 PM
detredWINgs

Cory Cross hopefully wont even play. Id say hes #8 right now. Still. What the **** was Holland thinking?

Old
03-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:

I'll take the neutral point of view: A crap-for-crap trade!

Old
03-09-2006, 08:06 PM
stardog

Quote:

Thats completely absurd. Who gives a care if he is a former alcoholic. The guy changed his life around and such a statement is asinine and completely pointless.

As for the trade itself, I'm in agreement with Raider. Needless trade and a poor move by CP.

Old
03-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater
I'll take the neutral point of view: A crap-for-crap trade!
You have insulted crap everywhere.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Jacob

Quote:
The way I look at it.. Centers are easily converted to the wing, but not vise-versa.

Quote:
Who gives a care if he is a former alcoholic.
It's baggage that hurts a player's value and should make any GM a little cautious, whether you want to admit it or not.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:47 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Because Taticek was never projected to be a top line player. He's more of a checkin role type center. Or would you rather have Crosby or Malkin playin on your third or fourth line?
I'm going by his profile on tsn
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...e=nhl-panthers

And why would any team use the 9th pick on a forward if he wasnt meant for the top line? I can't agree with that assessment.

Old
03-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Pens1566

Quote:

And why would any team use the 9th pick on a forward if he wasnt meant for the top line? I can't agree with that assessment.
Keith Primeau was higher than a 9th.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:18 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566
Keith Primeau was higher than a 9th.
as much as i hate Primeau, he had some good years that he was a 1st liner. Being on a deep Flyers team pushed him to the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Old
03-09-2006, 10:36 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

When it's a weak year you sometimes don't have much choice.

Going to cross the border of sports here, but for those Pittsburghers who follow baseball...we had the first overall pick in 2002 and used it on a guy who was projected by the Pirates to be a "third starter" in Bryan Bullington. A 9th overall pick in one year will have different values in different years. 2002 was extremely shallow. Eric Nystrom went right after Taticek and isn't exactly doing great for himself. Neither are most first rounders afterwards. I never realized just how bad the 2002 first round was until I looked at it again today.

Aside from the top 4/5 it could compete with 1996 in ineptitude...but it's still early.

Old
03-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog
Thats completely absurd. Who gives a care if he is a former alcoholic. The guy changed his life around and such a statement is asinine and completely pointless.

As for the trade itself, I'm in agreement with Raider. Needless trade and a poor move by CP.
Maybe CP traded Jackman to keep him away from Andre Roy.

Old
03-10-2006, 03:59 PM
sehnsucht

Quote:
Going to cross the border of sports here, but for those Pittsburghers who follow baseball...we had the first overall pick in 2002 and used it on a guy who was projected by the Pirates to be a "third starter" in Bryan Bullington. A 9th overall pick in one year will have different values in different years. 2002 was extremely shallow. Eric Nystrom went right after Taticek and isn't exactly doing great for himself. Neither are most first rounders afterwards. I never realized just how bad the 2002 first round was until I looked at it again today.
What's wrong with Nystrom? In his first pro season he's putting up solid, if unspectacular, numbers and playing an invaluable defensive role in a team of rookies and journeyman that's built around defence, that might make the playoffs in it's first year of existance with Nystrom being a big part of that (Plus, he's played two NHL games already in his first year out of Michigan). That's his game and he'll be in the NHL sooner than later playing that game for the Flames, where his style fits the team exactly. He was drafted as a valuable defensive 3rd liner and that's what he's developing as. He's not a sexy prospect, but he's solid and is nowhere near a bust.

Respect Aksarben!

Old
03-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Rand

Jackman could be useful.... just tell him and everyone on the ice with him to forget that the defensive zone even exists and do anything and everything he can to get the puck in the net.
If he has absolutey no responsibilities besides scoring he could probably do something vaguely similar to what he was for Pittsburgh in 03-04.

As long as he never sees the defensive zone he'll do wel offensively, albeit the direct cause of a ton of goals. Otherwise you get the Jackman of this year and prior to that Toronto, and Boston and he will doubtlessly be dumped for useless crap as he is seemingly every season.

03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
john g

The Pens are so bad - their crappy deals are the only ones that are lumped together in one thread. Every other trade got its own

'Cept for Rex of course

Closed Thread