HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some advice for the PowerPlay

Old
04-19-2012, 09:40 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
so to summerize...

SHOOT THE PUCK AT A CROWDED CREASE

04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Some advice.... MOVE! They stand still and just pass it back and forth in a pentagon formation. Move without the puck you **** heads.

and they all look pass... biggest difference between the Rangers PP and the Sens is the Sens have Karlson and that kid thinks SHOOT even when he doesn't have the puck

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
so to summerize...

SHOOT THE PUCK AT A CROWDED CREASE
basically... they looked really good on the first 2 nice and simple, what happend?

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

They thought they already won the game... or that's all Henke needed to shut them down.

Henke needs 2.5 goals a game to shut down.... they needed that 3rd goal but they played NOT TO LOSE, instead of playing TO WIN

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:21 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
They thought they already won the game... or that's all Henke needed to shut them down.

Henke needs 2.5 goals a game to shut down.... they needed that 3rd goal but they played NOT TO LOSE, instead of playing TO WIN
Yep, they did the same in game 1, 2 and 3.

Difference is game 1 had a 4 goal lead and game 3 Hank completely shut the door.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:38 AM
satrabyk

Guys are not moving Richards is planted way often and its disrupting the PP. He stops and tries to freeze guys, while this is good is also disrupts puck movements and if the opposition are in position your essentially holding the back with no play.Rather the PP should move the puck more quickly create odd man play and go from there.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
I don't know how much longer I can bear to hear the words "Girardi shoots wide!" The 2nd powerplay unit- if you want to call them a powerplay unit- is awful. I would keep the 1st unit on for 1:30 and give the 2nd unit not more than 30 seconds. Oh, and when John Mitchell gets powerplay time you know you're in trouble.
Shooting wide would not be bad if we had guys with proper body position gaining the puck and creating another play. It hard to blame the point man. Yes Karlsson is no doubt an superstar D man,he won me my fantasy regular season but Ott still have guys willing to get dirty more than us so shots that are taken, are deflected, rebounded and also gained control again. This is part of the reason they have continued offensive zone time.

To solve this obviously you have to play in there end. In our end there is not much you can do but keep them to the outside and hope Hank makes saves.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:44 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
and they all look pass... biggest difference between the Rangers PP and the Sens is the Sens have Karlson and that kid thinks SHOOT even when he doesn't have the puck
He also has a lot more space because our forwards play deeper and rely on blocking shots and staying in the box position.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:58 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Yeah I hate to see them dump it in all the time, but take a look at our roster. These aren't skill guys with the greatest puckhandling ability. The handful of times I saw them try to carry the puck in was atrocious, we either get stuck by the blue line or turn it over. The dump and chase works since we don't give up that many odd man rushes when we use it.
But..it's clearly not working for creating offense for ourselves. If we get beat to 70-80% of the dump-and-chase scenarios we intentionally put ourselves in, how does that help our game? I'm hoping next game is vastly different and people like Dubi, Gaby, Richards, and Stepan actually do something offensively for a change. Boyle scoring was nice and all, but he can't be our go-to guy every night.

Defense-first is a great system and works with this team and our forwards being very defensively sound is great, but when your main tactic is to rely solely on that two-way play to cling to a lead, turtle and try to dump-and-chase close to every shift because you "can't" get set up in the offensive zone, you're doing it wrong IMHO.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I posted almost the exact same thing in the PGT.

Score 2 goals by throwing the puck at and crashing the net.

Spend your remaining opportunities dicking around the perimeter like we've been doing all season.

It's mind boggling.

04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I posted almost the exact same thing in the PGT.

Score 2 goals by throwing the puck at and crashing the net.

Spend your remaining opportunities dicking around the perimeter like we've been doing all season.

It's mind boggling.
It really is, isn't it? why stop doing what's working? I swear, this team never learns sometimes.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Blueshirt Believer

The main thing this team can work on is transition entering the zone on the PP. Its probably the worst thing they do on the PP.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:18 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
the Sens have Karlson and that kid thinks SHOOT even when he doesn't have the puck
This is a huge problem. Our guys need to think about what they are going to do with the puck before they get it. Instead they hesitate on shots and passes and are too slow to make them and they end up getting blocked or go retardedly off the mark.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Leetch66

Crashing the crease LOL...those are words that do not exist in the mindset of half our forwards and the only 2 guys that do it on a regular basis are Cally and Boyle . Put Bickel up front for a shift...that could make things interesting in front of the Ottawa net .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:53 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Crashing the crease LOL...those are words that do not exist in the mindset of half our forwards and the only 2 guys that do it on a regular basis are Cally and Boyle . Put Bickel up front for a shift...that could make things interesting in front of the Ottawa net .
Aaron frickin Voros

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
This is a huge problem. Our guys need to think about what they are going to do with the puck before they get it. Instead they hesitate on shots and passes and are too slow to make them and they end up getting blocked or go retardedly off the mark.
Every time Del Zotto gets the puck on the point he has to stop and write a letter home to his Mommy for permission to shoot ! Do they ever work on one timers in practice ? It's pathetic...

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

They need to switch Stralman and DZ on the power play, Stralman needs to be on the left point so he can shoot off the pass. DZ is useless on the left point. He can't one time the puck from there, and whenever he receives the pass he NEVER looks to shoot. Him on that left point is like a black hole, it's useless. Every time he gets the puck he looks to make a cross ice pass back to Richards rather than shoot.

Draft Guru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

This should be played during Rangers powerplay:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...-jewelry-polka

Same thing over and over again.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
What position did you play last night didn't see you out there nor at the game at all?

Very rich coming from a rangers fan, home of the world's worst ice! Ice was fine yesterday as it was not humid in ottawa like game 3.... Go Sens!
Pretty funny to see that all of the Rangers fans agree and the dimwit Sens fans poking in here explaining the richness of a Ranger fans post

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:14 PM
mug25

Here's some advice...

1. Get Del Zotto the **** off the first PP unit. He's terrible lately. The same old breakout every Powerplay. He picks it up behind the net from whomever is sitting there. Skates it at a mediocre speed straight up the middle, drop passes to Richards who is 20 feet behind him, then curls off as Richards tries to skate it up the center.

2. Stepan + Stralman on the point. Stepan needs to start shooting. He sees the ice too well to NOT give him PP time. The problem is, Stepan will pass before shoot and he's passing to a guy (Del Zotto) that wont shoot b/c he's got a mangina.

3. Put Boyle on the first unit.

I'd go with something like this....

First Unit:

Callahan / Boyle / Gaborik
Stepan / Stralman

With this line, you have three guys who can carry the puck well. You have the big body in front of the net. You have the offensive threat that will be watched closely, you have the guy who will win the battles along the boards, you have the guy that sees the ice well and makes the good passes and you have a guy who will pull the trigger at the point AND follow his shot. Steps is solid defensively. Boyle is the only Center we have that can win a faceoff.

Second Unit:

Hagelin / Richards / Anisimov
Del Zotto / Staal

This line you dont have the bomb from the point. You do have an entire line of players that can carry the puck. Lots of speed. The only downside to this is, they all blow at winning battles along the boards or deep in the zone...

I know I have Cally and Anisimov playing their off wing but a lot of times, Callahan ends up on the LW side of the crease anyway. Just my thoughts...

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote