HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Old
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
Weber isn't going to Vancouver lol, no space... no way

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Weber isn't going to Vancouver lol, no space... no way
I didn't say he was. I know he's from B.C. and I've heard rumours he wouldn't mind playing in Vancouver. That said I would say it is unlikely near future. My point was on cap space that could be used to sign a bigger impact player. Hope I clarified.

Rocky- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 05:55 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky- View Post
I don't see Ohlund working here- more geared toward decent prospects/picks.
Ohlunds not working anywhere, most likely he retires, but if we're gonna take on Luongos 5 mil we have to give salery back. It may become no salery if he retires so you get 3.5 extra cap space. We are giving you the 40th pick thats a pretty decent prospect already, your not gonna get much more for a 5 mil player who is only gonna wave his NTC for us or Florida.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
NuckleTort

Just a note on Luongo

The way his contract is structured, he has a clause which stipulates that he can trigger a trade in two years. Two years after that, the team that holds his contract has the right to pawn him off with no say what-so-ever from Lui.

Not that this changes anything for many of you, but the notion that a team is stuck with him for 10 more years isn't quite true.

so....5.33 cap hit for 4 years, with the ability to sell him to whoever you want after that, assuming that you can. Just food for thought.

Last edited by NuckleTort: 04-18-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling and stuff
NuckleTort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
We would not be bound by his NTC anyway so this means nothing to us.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 09:45 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo4Canucks View Post
Just a note on Luongo

The way his contract is structured, he has a clause which stipulates that he can trigger a trade in two years. Two years after that, the team that holds his contract has the right to pawn him off with no say what-so-ever from Lui.

Not that this changes anything for many of you, but the notion that a team is stuck with him for 10 more years isn't quite true.

so....5.33 cap hit for 4 years, with the ability to sell him to whoever you want after that, assuming that you can. Just food for thought.
No thanks

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
2 Weekes Notice

Well, for those of us still hoping for Schneider, this has not been the most favorable turn of events. He's looking, well, pretty untradable.

2 Weekes Notice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Well, for those of us still hoping for Schneider, this has not been the most favorable turn of events. He's looking, well, pretty untradable.
You aren't getting Schneider. No one is. Bernier and Luongo are 2 of the few available. I see at least 1/2 dozen teams going after these guys. The good news for TB is Luongo loves Florida and he won't cost as much- though he won't be cheap. Schneider has said he'd love to stay in Vancouver and they will keep him. I hear SY likes Luongo a lot.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:33 AM
25Bieksa3

Quote:
You aren't getting Schneider. No one is. Bernier and Luongo are 2 of the few available. I see at least 1/2 dozen teams going after these guys. The good news for TB is Luongo loves Florida and he won't cost as much- though he won't be cheap. Schneider has said he'd love to stay in Vancouver and they will keep him. I hear SY likes Luongo a lot.
It's looking to be more and more the case. Can't turn on Vancouver radio, without the Team 1040 reporting how Gina Luongo is already packing her bags for FL or TB. I just hope we can get Teddy Purcell out of this.

25Bieksa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:44 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Bieksa3 View Post
It's looking to be more and more the case. Can't turn on Vancouver radio, without the Team 1040 reporting how Gina Luongo is already packing her bags for FL or TB. I just hope we can get Teddy Purcell out of this.
Good luck, SFY is not trading more than a 2nd round.
Just look at Simon Gagne's trade

Old
04-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Weekes Notice View Post
Halalak says 'hellello'. (as transcribed by Chief)

Felonious Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Halalak says 'hellello'. (as transcribed by Chief)

Old
04-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Ugh, this is not good news for his trade value, though. God this kid is such a ****ing stud.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:52 AM
HoseEmDown

I'd love Schneider but I'm glad he's playing great, we have no shot at getting him. So now don't have to worry about a massive overpayment and can get someone more reasonable.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:50 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I like how Vancouver fans seem to think its a foregone conclusion that Luongo is done and being traded here. We already have one waaaaaaay too long contract in VL4, don't want another. On top of that, Connolly and the 10th overall... haha, no.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I like how Vancouver fans seem to think its a foregone conclusion that Luongo is done and being traded here. We already have one waaaaaaay too long contract in VL4, don't want another. On top of that, Connolly and the 10th overall... haha, no.
I don't know if Luongo will end up in TB. I don't expect Connolly and a 1rst for Luongo. I do know Schneider won't be traded even if Connolly and TB's 1rst is offered- something that has been ridiculed due to Schneider being a backup. I do know a number of teams have goaltending problems so there will be interest for Luongo and he is a decent goalie. There is an out in his contract 6 years down the road. Considering what other goalies signed for it isn't that ominous. The need for teams to get a decent goalie is one that a lot of gm's won't want to wait on- especially a team like TB who are a good team. Luongo will be traded. Schneider will not be.

Old
04-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
But we needz a goaly!

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

Quote:
I don't know if Luongo will end up in TB. I don't expect Connolly and a 1rst for Luongo. I do know Schneider won't be traded even if Connolly and TB's 1rst is offered- something that has been ridiculed due to Schneider being a backup. I do know a number of teams have goaltending problems so there will be interest for Luongo and he is a decent goalie. There is an out in his contract 6 years down the road. Considering what other goalies signed for it isn't that ominous. The need for teams to get a decent goalie is one that a lot of gm's won't want to wait on- especially a team like TB who are a good team. Luongo will be traded. Schneider will not be.
There is no out allowed in any contract per the CBA.

Old
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
There is no out allowed in any contract per the CBA.
Yeah I love how every Vancouver fan is spinning it to sound like the contract can be torn up in 6 years if we want.

It's not an out clause ffs. It's just a modification to his NTC.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
ThunderAlleyNomad

So many goofy Luongo threads to respond to on the trade board. And we thought the Schneider proposals were bad.

ThunderAlleyNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:23 PM
TurboBrick

So Luongo... ehh.. his numbers really aren't THAT bad. Does Vancouver just want to free up some cap space or do they actually want something for him? Swap him for a 2nd round pick and Ohlund?

TurboBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBrick View Post
So Luongo... ehh.. his numbers really aren't THAT bad. Does Vancouver just want to free up some cap space or do they actually want something for him? Swap him for a 2nd round pick and Ohlund?
I can see a situation close to that. It will not be VL but a moderate salary dump back would not surprise me. Having said that there is interest in Luongo. Limited number of goalies with decent talent that are available to a number of teams needing them. The alternatives are guys like Roloson or like to the teams that don't get one of the few decent ones available.
On the 6 year out- it is that he can be traded then, not terminated as you interpret. Should have made that a little clearer. Having a NTC doesn't prevent either a trade (likely Luongo would welcome it to limited teams vs. the alternative if he doesn't waive it or he could be the backup or buried in the minors. Luongo also has I believe an option to trigger a trade in 4 years time. The last few years are minor salary, the major money was frontloaded. There are teams out there that would trade for Luongo no question and he would go.

Last edited by Rocky-: 04-19-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old
04-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

If Luongo waives his NTC to be moved by Vancouver his NTC becomes void for the remainder of the contract. That "out"means nothing to any team besides the Canucks.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
If Luongo waives his NTC to be moved by Vancouver his NTC becomes void for the remainder of the contract. That "out"means nothing to any team besides the Canucks.
I may be wrong but I don't think so.....but if that is the case the team trading for him then can trade him anytime they want.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
chasespace

Any thought on whether or not Lu's play may raise in Tampa due to not being threatened daily?

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote