HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

WCQF Game 4 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-19-12 | 5PM | FS A+ CNBC

Old
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
awfulwaffle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Heard a rumor that the Coyotes bought a ticket for Torres for tonight.

The location of that ticket, you ask?...Right behind the Hawks bench.

Badass move.
lol they mad

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Heard a rumor that the Coyotes bought a ticket for Torres for tonight.

The location of that ticket, you ask?...Right behind the Hawks bench.

Badass move.
I hope that rumor is false considering the "Bartman" incident a few years back when the Cubs played the Marlins in the NLCS.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:51 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Maybe...

Whitney-Vermette-Vrbata
Doan-Gordon-Boedker
Pyatt-Langkow-Brule
Bolduc-Chipchura-Pouliot

???
that line-up looks like it would finish dead last.

But hey, that's something we're used to seeing/hearing right? Time to prove everyone wrong once again!

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Louiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer21 View Post
With Hanzal, Korpikoski and Torres out wtf will our lines look like?

I'd guess:

Brule-Vermette-Doan
Whitney-Chipchura-Vrbata
Pyatt-Gordon-Boedker
Pouliot-Langkow-Bolduc

Chipchura had limited success earlier in the season between Whitney and Vrbata, Vermette hasn't exactly shown great chemistry with them. I think the Pyatt-Gordon-Boedker line is the new 'shut down' line so I doubt they will be broken up. I think Brule has been good since coming here and deserves a shot to replace Torres. It sucks that all our forward depth (Chipchura, Pouliot, Bolduc) are centers and Watkins is the only winger.

Must be nice for Blackhawks to have the luxury of slotting their 2nd best prospect (Saad) in with Hossa out. 5 out of our top 6 prospects are d-men and our top forward prospects are Miele and MacLean
honestly I'd rather have Chipchura, Pouliot or Bolduc in a must win game in the playoffs than Saad...

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
that line-up looks like it would finish dead last.

But hey, that's something we're used to seeing/hearing right? Time to prove everyone wrong once again!
You are looking at 3 of the 6 men on the ice. We have a stellar defence and goaltender to round out the forward lines.
We will be just fine!!

knowsthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I have a feeling they're gonna steam roll us this evening...

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Tippet is thinking about the big picture here. The series won't be won or lost today, so there is no need to rush Hanzal and risk worsening his injury.

I think we lose this one simply because of all the injuries we have right now. But we'll come out on top when our guys come back 100%.

7 games, here we come.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:22 PM
XX
... Waiting

For what it's worth, Watkins, Pouliot, Bolduc, and MacLean are on the Coyotes roster.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:24 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
You are looking at 3 of the 6 men on the ice. We have a stellar defence and goaltender to round out the forward lines.
We will be just fine!!
Damn right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
For what it's worth, Watkins, Pouliot, Bolduc, and MacLean are on the Coyotes roster.
Can anyone tell me what style of game Watkins and Bolduc play? I've never seen either of them.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
For me, the first two games started a 10 and Game 3 was at 9. They all went into overtime. Maybe I can actually get some good sleep tonight!
That just means we're gonna have double OT tonight.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
I have a feeling they're gonna steam roll us this evening...
I think we are going to win. The Hawks are going to run around and try to do too much. Our plumbers will be focused. Simple, disciplined, physical, Tippett hockey. These guys know they have to execute to perfection to have a shot. I'm guessing 2-1 Yotes. All three goals of the ugly, bouncing puck, traffic in front, pin ball machine variety. The system will save us tonight. The Hawks will go from maddening frustration to utter deflation. Like an avalanche victim, smothered, crushed, frozen out, trapped, and sufocated.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

No Biz nasty tonight? I know it seems easy to say he shouldn't be in the lineup, but Tippett did play him last game.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I think we are going to win. The Hawks are going to run around and try to do too much. Our plumbers will be focused. Simple, disciplined, physical, Tippett hockey. These guys know they have to execute to perfection to have a shot. I'm guessing 2-1 Yotes. All three goals of the ugly, bouncing puck, traffic in front, pin ball machine variety. The system will save us tonight. The Hawks will go from maddening frustration to utter deflation. Like an avalanche victim, smothered, crushed, frozen out, trapped, and sufocated.
Nothing would make me happier...

I'm trying not to get over-confident though.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology

Quote:
No Biz nasty tonight? I know it seems easy to say he shouldn't be in the lineup, but Tippett did play him last game.
Was that his first playoff game or did he get in last year? I don't remember.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Was that his first playoff game or did he get in last year? I don't remember.
Pretty sure he played last year, on the Boedker-Turris-Bizz line.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:44 PM
mitch27

I really hope not all Hawk fans are like the ones on the main board thread. The whining about the refs has become nauseating.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
I really hope not all Hawk fans are like the ones on the main board thread. The whining about the refs has become nauseating.
The refs missed a huge call on Tuesday: Kyle was high-sticked right in the face and was bleeding for most of the game...that is all

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
BuffaloAZ

Quote:
I would think he would almost have to be in the lineup tonight. With Torres out we need someone to step up for us if Chicago tries anything. Or wait, that would require Biz to actually step up and play the role!

But seriosuly, at least he can throw a check. I expect Doan to take it up a notch tonight with Torres out. Maybe Pyatt will remember how to throw some checks too!

BuffaloAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
The refs missed a huge call on Tuesday: Kyle was high-sticked right in the face and was bleeding for most of the game...that is all
Reading the main thread you'd think we weren't even playing hockey and just running around trying to kill everybody and getting away with it. I'm so sick of fans blaming losses on the refs. Yes, the refs are inconsistent and miss calls every game. BUT THEY MISS CALLS FOR BOTH TEAMS. It evens out throughout a series. People for some reason have a hard time realizing that.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
MP

The other thing to remember is that Chicago is missing players too. Hossa is the big one, but Shaw had good hustle if nothing else.

It seems distasteful to refer to a potentially season-ending injury as an advantage, but the bottom line is that it does benefit the Coyotes. Without Hossa's 6'1" and 210 lbs of top-six talent in the lineup, cracking the Coyotes' defense may have become significantly harder.

Still got a bad feeling about this. Like the Coyotes are one early goal away from getting blown out. Whatever--it's still just one game. Just, please Jesus, no more injuries.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Reading the main thread you'd think we weren't even playing hockey and just running around trying to kill everybody and getting away with it. I'm so sick of fans blaming losses on the refs. Yes, the refs are inconsistent and miss calls every game. BUT THEY MISS CALLS FOR BOTH TEAMS. It evens out throughout a series. People for some reason have a hard time realizing that.
Agreed, I was about to post my previous post in there but didn't want to get death threats. My dog would miss me.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Agreed, I was about to post my previous post in there but didn't want to get death threats. My dog would miss me.
We would all miss you. Keep your twitter handle down low for a few weeks, until Chicago recuperates from this debacle of theirs.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
The other thing to remember is that Chicago is missing players too. Hossa is the big one, but Shaw had good hustle if nothing else.

It seems distasteful to refer to a potentially season-ending injury as an advantage, but the bottom line is that it does benefit the Coyotes. Without Hossa's 6'1" and 210 lbs of top-six talent in the lineup, cracking the Coyotes' defense may have become significantly harder.

Still got a bad feeling about this. Like the Coyotes are one early goal away from getting blown out. Whatever--it's still just one game. Just, please Jesus, no more injuries.
Chicago will come out all fired up, both because of Hossa's glass jaw and because they are as good as gone if down 3-1

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
We would all miss you. Keep your twitter handle down low for a few weeks, until Chicago recuperates from this debacle of theirs.
Could be an epic meltdown

Old
04-19-2012, 03:02 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post

I agree. You never want to see a player get hurt. But we MUST take advantage of it. Like when Doan went out in the first red wings series. I'm sure the Detroit players were glad he didn't play anymore that series.

I also say we squeak out a hard fought victory tonight.

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote