HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Confidence Thread!

Old
04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
I said they'd win in 6 from the start, I said it last night, and I'm sticking to it.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:53 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

"Fight to get it back again"

LGR

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Block More Shots

I feel confident we can take 2 out of 3 against Ottawa. With that being said, I don't feel like we've been very good at "playing our game" this series, especially on the forecheck and getting pucks to the net. Defense and Goaltending has been amazing, to say the least.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:17 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/...e-this-series/

Quote:
This is the playoffs. Games are going to be harder. I understand the frustration of losing, but by no means were the Rangers going to steamroll over the Senators. They weren’t going to sweep them and win 7-0, easily moving forward to the next round. This is a tough league to win in. Ask the Penguins, Canucks and Devils. All favored teams, currently down in their respective series.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Has Arrived View Post
I feel confident we can take 2 out of 3 against Ottawa. With that being said, I don't feel like we've been very good at "playing our game" this series, especially on the forecheck and getting pucks to the net. Defense and Goaltending has been amazing, to say the least.
Agree with most of this. I think the defense has actually taken a step back. Having a ton of trouble clearing the zone when need by.

04-19-2012, 01:27 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Agree with most of this. I think the defense has actually taken a step back. Having a ton of trouble clearing the zone when need by.
I definitely agree with them having trouble clearing the zone, but I've been noticing that at all year long. It's been more noticeable in the playoffs given the circumstances, but we seem to get really nervous when trying to clear under pressure.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I said they'd win in 6 from the start, I said it last night, and I'm sticking to it.
Same. I actually had them taking the last two to win the series as well. Obviously now that it happens where Ottawa takes game 4 you don't feel as confident but that's my prediction and I'm staying with it.

04-19-2012, 01:54 PM
vbman09

vCash: 100
The De are having trouble cause the forecheck of the sens is a 4 man forecheck and the forwards need to do a better job of coming back and helping along the boards. I saw a better break out last night and it seems that we figured them out but we need to be quicker to the puck. The extra day should help and I expect a big game on Saturday.

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:55 PM
mxv51

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
"Fight to get it back again"

LGR
Excellent choice in band and song.

I'm so glad this thread was created. It's amazing how quickly a fan base can throw their team under the bus. Relax. If the regular season has taught me anything about this team, then it's the incredible ability of how they can regroup and bounce back nicely in the next game after a tough loss. Also, we already knew that they weren't going to be world beaters. No matter who they've played this season, top or bottom team, the games have always been close.

mxv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
the seeds dont mean a damn thing. look at the series objectively, they should be down 3-1 and have been severely outplayed. yes i do lack confidence but what i lack in confidence i gain in objectivity so i wont be surprised when the rangers season is over next week.

LOL at "severely outplayed". You really think we were severely outplayed in game 2? only reason ottawa forced ot was a fluke goal off del zotto's skate. we should have won game 2. game 3 we got outshot badly but had just as many quality scoring chances as ottawa. if any team should be down 3-1 its ottawa.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:30 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
this sounds like a response from someone who read the statsheet without watching the games. The only stat that would paint an accurate picture of this series so far would be time of puck possesion. NYR didnt shut out OTT in thier bulding, lundqvist did, they really had no business winning that game. Blame game 2 on MDZ all you want but the fact remains they were getting owned and were hanging on by a thread as it was. This bled into game 3 and the first 2 periods of game 4. So out of a total of 12 periods plus approx 5 mins of combined overtime they have outplayed the opponent in maybe 4 of them, thats the problem.

people want to focus on #1 vs #8. I dont care if its #1 vs columbus, in the playoffs you cant rely solely on your goaltender and wait for Brian Boyle to be your leading scorer and expect to advance. There is more than enough reason to lack confidence regardless of the regular season record which doesnt mean a damn thing right now.
I did see that game, along with every other one. I don't care how you cut it. Shutting out a team on their home ice in the playoffs is an impressive team effort. Lundqvist made incredible saves, especially at the end, but it was a team effort. You're forgetting the save Bickel had to make for Henrik for example. Not to discredit Henrik, but it wasn't like the Sabres game or the Canucks game where it was essentially 100% Lundqvist.

A LOT of our wins this season were wins despite having low puck possession (that almost always happens) and being outplayed. This is just how this team is. If we go deep we'll likely get by by the skin of our teeth with each series. A win like we got in game 1 is very rare for this team. With that said this team knows how to win a nail biter, they've just gotten some bad breaks. We are the better team, there is no doubt about it. We will win this series.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 02:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

The hilarious thing is that if we lost game 3, but won game 4, all of you would be singing a different tune.

Typical HFboards!

Old
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
The hilarious thing is that if we lost game 3, but won game 4, all of you would be singing a different tune.

Typical HFboards!
And if they lost game three and won game four I'm sure you would have started a confidence thread.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:03 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
And if they lost game three and won game four I'm sure you would have started a confidence thread.
ahaha well played sir!

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:04 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
If that happened everyone would be elated despite being in the same situation we're in now, so making a thread like this would have been unnecessary. Which is no surprise since everyone here gets too high on a win and too low on a loss.

This thread is here to give the dramatic Rangers fans reasons to not jump off a cliff just yet. At least it's supposed to be.

The lack of faith here is pretty sad.

Old
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
GbgRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I have faith but I don't think Lundy can carry us.

Imagine OT game 7..his record is 1-7..early OT goals in both losses so far

I'm sorry but until proven otherwise, he's no Richter.
Is that really on Lundqvist? Or is it on the team?

GbgRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbgRanger View Post
Is that really on Lundqvist? Or is it on the team?
He's played 119 mins of OT playoff hockey....his team has scored one goal in almost 2 games worth of play.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:34 PM
drewcon40

This isn't necessarily a case for the Rangers, rather a look at how many games, the Stanley Cup champions since the lockout, took to win their first round series. Again, this logic could be applied to any team but going deep in the first doesn't necessarily lessen the team's chances

Year Team 1strd
2006 CAR (6 g)
2007 ANA (5 g)
2008 DET (6 g)
2009 PIT (6 g)
2010 CHI (6 g)
2011 BOS (7 g)

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
GbgRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
This isn't necessarily a case for the Rangers, rather a look at how many games, the Stanley Cup champions since the lockout, took to win their first round series. Again, this logic could be applied to any team but going deep in the first doesn't necessarily lessen the team's chances

Year Team 1strd
2006 CAR (6 g)
2007 ANA (5 g)
2008 DET (6 g)
2009 PIT (6 g)
2010 CHI (6 g)
2011 BOS (7 g)
Imo the problem is that the team in the last three games has looked like crap. They look lazy and complacent.

GbgRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbgRanger View Post
Imo the problem is that the team in the last three games has looked like crap. They look lazy and complacent.
GbgRanger - I was trying to find those exact comparisons. Apparently the NHL does not record such statistics. They are too busy making sure the officiating is fair and balanced.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Nyrvana

Did anyone else think that the Senators arena was like a pinball machine? Pucks were hitting the boards and popping off at 45 degree angles.

Nyrvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:15 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
This two day layover may be what the Rangers need.

Get rested. Have a good practice. The extra day may slow the Sens momentum and the Rangers will be home.
Said this on the main boards. This will give Torts some time to rally the guys in practice and in the film room.

It's also good to have Kreider in the building going over some more tape on how they want him to play, learning the system, and building some more confidence in his overall game. I'm expecting him to be playing with Gabby and Richards come Saturday.

It'll be good for the D and some of our PKers to get some much needed rest too. Guys like Boyle and Cally need some time off after playing a lot in the past couple games and it'll be very beneficial I believe.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:24 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Did anyone else think that the Senators arena was like a pinball machine? Pucks were hitting the boards and popping off at 45 degree angles.
Its known for that and the Sens try to take advantage of it. Ironically we may not have won game 3 without their pin ball walls lol.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:27 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
I said Rangers in 6 and I'm sticking to it. Game 5 is huge with the series tied 2-2 though.. Hopefully the extra day helps.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I think the fact that Ottawa has not lead in the series is more of a negative than a positive being that the series is tied.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote