HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Cory Schneider / Roberto Luongo to Tampa Bay

Old
04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky- View Post
I may be wrong but I don't think so.....but if that is the case the team trading for him then can trade him anytime they want.
Once a NTC is waived it becomes void. That's why Heatley could block a Sens-Oilers trade but not the trade to Minnesota.

Going Back to Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Rocky-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho Labrie View Post
Once a NTC is waived it becomes void. That's why Heatley could block a Sens-Oilers trade but not the trade to Minnesota.
Advantage- trading team then.

Rocky- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
ThunderRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Any thought on whether or not Lu's play may raise in Tampa due to not being threatened daily?
Possible, but then Tampa's defense in front of any goaltender is certainly more circumspect and that may take a while to fix. There aren't any projected top D-men in Tampa's farm system ready to step in any time soon.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

This team needs Schneider in the worst way. I'd trade a good amount of picks to make it happen. Would be worth it.

Drouin2Stamkos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 04:55 PM
shello
@WShello9

Really really don't want Luongo.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM
ultra63

Neither does Vancouver

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Advantage- trading team then.
You know, except for that contract.

Stop trying to pawn him off.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
You know, except for that contract.

Stop trying to pawn him off.
Not pawning him off. I think as the summer nears you will see Luongo go somewhere- whether it's TB, Toronto, Florida or elsewhere. TB is free to pursue Bernier, Vokuon, Roloson or whomever SY thinks can help them next year. It just won't be Schneider because Vancouver won't trade him. It is possible Luongo is Schneiders backup next year or is buried in the minors- more likely though a deal will be made with him to go somewhere that will upgrade a team. I guess the bottom line here is Schneider is Vancouver's future and isn't going anywhere. Luongo will be traded and if TB wants to look elsewhere- that's cool.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:42 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Not pawning him off. I think as the summer nears you will see Luongo go somewhere- whether it's TB, Toronto, Florida or elsewhere. TB is free to pursue Bernier, Vokuon, Roloson or whomever SY thinks can help them next year. It just won't be Schneider because Vancouver won't trade him. It is possible Luongo is Schneiders backup next year or is buried in the minors- more likely though a deal will be made with him to go somewhere that will upgrade a team. I guess the bottom line here is Schneider is Vancouver's future and isn't going anywhere. Luongo will be traded and if TB wants to look elsewhere- that's cool.
Source?

I dont get this thinking honestly. They wont trade him all of a sudden because he has started a few playoff games? Big deal. Ever heard of Halak? The guy did 100 times more than what Schneider is doing right now in the playoffs and was traded shortly thereafter.

Schneider is definitely still on the block, regardless of what the media is hyping up right now. If anything has been affected by him being played, its his value is going up slightly.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Source?

I dont get this thinking honestly. They wont trade him all of a sudden because he has started a few playoff games? Big deal. Ever heard of Halak? The guy did 100 times more than what Schneider is doing right now in the playoffs and was traded shortly thereafter.

Schneider is definitely still on the block, regardless of what the media is hyping up right now. If anything has been affected by him being played, its his value is going up slightly.
Value up slightly. So Detroits 1rst, Purcell and who else now?
Seriously though- Vancouver is a tough hockey market. If they trade Schneider- Gillis job is on the line and it could be a disaster in the order of the Cam Neely trade. That one still hurts. It is pretty obvious now- Schneider is now Vancouver's #1 goalie and the real deal.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:01 PM
jj1944*

Not a chance the team trades Cory Schneider. You should read the article written by a Canuck beat writer yesterday, they asked a source in management the type of player it would take to trade him and they said as example from Philadelphia, Claude Giroux. The team clearly doesn't want to trade him and playing your back up in must win games is slap a face, I doubt Luongo wants to be on the team anymore either after that.

jj1944* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:14 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Value up slightly. So Detroits 1rst, Purcell and who else now?
Seriously though- Vancouver is a tough hockey market. If they trade Schneider- Gillis job is on the line and it could be a disaster in the order of the Cam Neely trade. That one still hurts. It is pretty obvious now- Schneider is now Vancouver's #1 goalie and the real deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1944 View Post
Not a chance the team trades Cory Schneider. You should read the article written by a Canuck beat writer yesterday, they asked a source in management the type of player it would take to trade him and they said as example from Philadelphia, Claude Giroux. The team clearly doesn't want to trade him and playing your back up in must win games is slap a face, I doubt Luongo wants to be on the team anymore either after that.
"A Vancouver source", awesome, the janitor could be Vancouvers "source". Im sure thats what everyone in the front office would love to get for him. Doesnt mean thats what is actually being asked for, or what he would actually get.

Doesnt matter what Vancouver wants honestly. Unless they plan to sacrifice cap space for two goalies being paid to be a number 1. Schneider isnt going to commit to Vancouver unless Luongo is gone. You can take that to the bank. Why would he? He wants to be a number one and is about to enter his prime.

Vancouver will have to trade Luongo before Schneider signs. But they may not be able to do that before Schneider signs an offer sheet that the Canucks could match and hope they can move Luongo, but if not, it will hurt them putting together a full team.

At least I think we can all agree that the offseason is going to be interesting. One way or another.

Old
04-19-2012, 06:30 PM
HoseEmDown

With everything SY says about building through the draft I can't see him trading any 1st's. it he does however I think Sxhneider would be too costly and should do it for Bernier. With how in demand Schneider seems to be Van is gonna want the 10, possibly Det 1st/Connolly, plus a 2nd/top prospect. I can see LA wanting Det 1st, Philly 2nd, lesser prospect. Bernier might not be as desirable as Schneider but be won't cost as much.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 06:31 PM
jj1944*

Luongo will be gone. Don't worry. Funny ripping that newspaper story I was quoting. You might wanna read any of the numerous articles from the Sun or Province where the managements talks about being in love with Schneider. Also, if he signed a an offer sheet, the team will match. I love the thought that they can't trade Luongo, ever hear of Gomez. If it came to it, I'm sure the team would throw in high pick or prospect for someone to take him. They aren't trading him. Sorry.

jj1944* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
With everything SY says about building through the draft I can't see him trading any 1st's. it he does however I think Sxhneider would be too costly and should do it for Bernier. With how in demand Schneider seems to be Van is gonna want the 10, possibly Det 1st/Connolly, plus a 2nd/top prospect. I can see LA wanting Det 1st, Philly 2nd, lesser prospect. Bernier might not be as desirable as Schneider but be won't cost as much.
good post. I would add Vancouver wants to win- now and even package of 10th, 26th, 2nd round pick and Connolly won't do it for Schneider. I'd go after Bernier. Luongo for 2nd, prospect and salary dump (Ohlund) I would think is possible because he will be available to best offer. Luongo will have a say where he goes.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:02 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj1944 View Post
Luongo will be gone. Don't worry. Funny ripping that newspaper story I was quoting. You might wanna read any of the numerous articles from the Sun or Province where the managements talks about being in love with Schneider. Also, if he signed a an offer sheet, the team will match. I love the thought that they can't trade Luongo, ever hear of Gomez. If it came to it, I'm sure the team would throw in high pick or prospect for someone to take him. They aren't trading him. Sorry.
I never said they could never trade Luongo. I said dont say they wont trade Schneider.

And do you really think Vancouver is going to want to pay two goalies 9M+ a year combined? If Schneider wants out, to be a number 1, if he signs an offer sheet in the 4M-4.5M a year range. No way Vancouver matches unless they already have a taker for Luongo, which, as long as Schneider is a RFA, no one is going to trade for Luongo just yet. Its a catch 22, and the one with all the power is Schneider really. Not Gillis or anyone else.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
I never said they could never trade Luongo. I said dont say they wont trade Schneider.

And do you really think Vancouver is going to want to pay two goalies 9M+ a year combined? If Schneider wants out, to be a number 1, if he signs an offer sheet in the 4M-4.5M a year range. No way Vancouver matches unless they already have a taker for Luongo, which, as long as Schneider is a RFA, no one is going to trade for Luongo just yet. Its a catch 22, and the one with all the power is Schneider really. Not Gillis or anyone else.
Absolutely they match- no question there. Vancouver's owner is a billionaire- he can bury Luongo in the minors if he wants to although I don't see that. I see Luongo providing a list of teams he would go to and the Canucks accomodating him. They have already made Schneider #1. Schneider has publicly stated he loves Vancouver, the fans and would love to stay long term. Again- Schneider isn't going anywhere no matter how much you wish him to and how little you want to get him for. Sorry offer sheets won't do it.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

This summer is going to be funny. Steve is going to get who he wants at his price, and yeah, its not going to be Schneider while Gillis tries to figure out how a presidents trophy team he built got bounced in the first round. Theres a lot more than goaltending going on in Vancouver.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Rocky-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
This summer is going to be funny. Steve is going to get who he wants at his price, and yeah, its not going to be Schneider while Gillis tries to figure out how a presidents trophy team he built got bounced in the first round. Theres a lot more than goaltending going on in Vancouver.
Good One!
They may very well go out in round 1. I expect they will but that doesn't get you Schneider. We're very happy to have him as our goaltender now and the future.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

It is pretty good. Its pretty impressive that they can't seem to build and coach a team past the first round, a team that happened to have a lethal powerplay carry it through the regular season.

As such, desperation set in with the team, and Hodgson was flipped for a physical project forward and they have to figure out how to potentially retain Salo because they cannot trust a four million dollar defenseman in a top four role and the coaching staff can't figure out how to use him, they have to add more physicality to the bottom six with a bit of scoring touch, and frankly they need to make some changes on the coaching staff. There is a disconnect with that team. A lot of things go very, very right - the Sedins are point producing robots, they have a solid top pairing and half of a great second pairing. They have good enough goaltending.

They could be very well served by letting Raymond walk because that production for that kind of money is ****. They could get HUGE assets from Columbus for Schneider, and let Luongo ride that contract longer until that window opens up, and hedge bets on Lack panning out, which i'd imagine he will - there is a good staff in the minors helping him along and he may very well be just as good, if not better, than Schneider. CS still has some issues with rebound control and Lack is much more stable, and plays a touch deeper in the net like a lot of swedes. Rebound control is solid. A numbers are solid. Great lateral movement. Follows the puck in traffic well.

Say the stars align and you get the second overall for CS - you take a 1-2 year vet backup for Lu, ride hm out until his NTC opens. Lack roasts in the AHL and keeps up the stellar play. You take a Dumba or Galchenyuk in the draft, and have Dumba grow with the big club with a LOT of good mentors, or you get a very productive third line center in Gal who is very obviously growing into something far better than that.

Two plus years from now you're moving that salary to a different team, Lack is taking the reins, you have a stellar forward or defenseman with your pick (plus some extras, for sure) and you're just as productive as you are now, if not more so by injecting some new blood into the team. That along with Tanev taking a bigger role, Schroeder giving you a 2-3 line forward, and you're looking far, far healthier for the future.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:03 AM
John Rocker

To Van:
Cory Conacher
Detriots 1st
Dustin Tokarski

To Tampa:
Schneider
Ballard

CC replaces Hodgson,Van gets rid of Ballard contract, we get our goalie, more depth on D, and Van can most likely grab Subban with Det pick.

Last edited by John Rocker: 04-20-2012 at 12:11 AM.
John Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:10 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rocker View Post
To Van:
Cory Conacher
Detriots 1st
Dustin Tokarski

To Tampa:
Schneider
Ballard

CC replaces Hodgson,Van gets rid of Ballard contract and we get our goalie and more depth on D.
Not trading CC and dont want Ballard.

Im going to laugh so hard at Vancouver fans when Schneider gets traded. Even if its not to us.

The "matter of fact" attitude is pretty amusing.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
John Rocker

It doesn't matter what you want...
Van wants to get rid of Ballard's contract and they will throw him into any Schneider trade.
And they are going to need to replace Hodgson and CC will do that.

John Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Rocky-

Quote:
Not trading CC and dont want Ballard.

Im going to laugh so hard at Vancouver fans when Schneider gets traded. Even if its not to us.

The "matter of fact" attitude is pretty amusing.
Good Luck with that!

Old
04-20-2012, 12:45 AM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rocker View Post
It doesn't matter what you want...
Van wants to get rid of Ballard's contract and they will throw him into any Schneider trade.
And they are going to need to replace Hodgson and CC will do that.

Um a trade takes two teams. So yes, contrary to this smug belief you hold for some unknown reason, it DOES in fact matter what TB wants. Or in this case, doesnt want, which is Ballard.

Isnt it about the time for Vancouver fans to run along back to their own board, since they arent providing much here any longer.