HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Apr. 29: Grossmann returned for Game 1 vs. NJD (upper body, possible concussion)

Old
04-19-2012, 12:28 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
So Carkner and Torres on the team for next year?

But we do need some scary ass dudes on our side.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 12:43 PM
demarco16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspended4Life View Post
Just got word from a friend that Manning and Gus practiced with the team today and also that Bryz left practice 10 mins into it...replaced by Leighton.

JVR likely.

I'm trying to find out more...
Well, if its his foot thats bothering him, only 1 way to heal it, stop practicing and get some rest. Guess that pretty much confirms a Bob start tomorrow, and HOPEFULLY give Bryz some rest until round 2, or atleast until game 6.

demarco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I would worry about Gustafsson with how the pens forecheck.
No doubt. But we don't have Lidstrom back there, if I have to pick from bad options, I want the guy who can skate.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:47 PM
HyPnOtiK

So has grossmann been officially ruled out??

HyPnOtiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Jray42

vCash: 91
I wouldn't mind giving Manning a shot, I thought he played solid the game or so he was with us. I know it was a smaller sample size, but I think he'd hold up better than Gus. Hell, Id like to see Manning play regardless if Grossmann plays, I don't want to see Kubina & Lilja on the ice at the same time ever again.

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:23 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyPnOtiK View Post
So has grossmann been officially ruled out??
Not yet no.... just unlikely that he will.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
StandingCow

Howard Eskin ‏ @howardeskin
hearing Flyers D nick grossman out for Fri gm 5. Concussion. Could be longer from Malkin hit. Flyers want discipline for Malkin and Vitale

Old
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Apparently Nick is DTD with high sick.

1:58

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Howard Eskin ‏ @howardeskin
hearing Flyers D nick grossman out for Fri gm 5. Concussion. Could be longer from Malkin hit. Flyers want discipline for Malkin and Vitale
Vitale? I thought it was Kennedy and Malkin.. Either way i doubt Malkin will even get a call, he definitely should.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
He won't. Malkin is allowed to do whatever he wants to whomever he wants.

04-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Vitale? I thought it was Kennedy and Malkin.. Either way i doubt Malkin will even get a call, he definitely should.
Yeah, it was Malkin and then Kennedy.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:03 PM
StandingCow

Dunno where he got vitale from... I think maybe he meant to type kennedy... but that hit was clean.

Old
04-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Dunno where he got vitale from... I think maybe he meant to type kennedy... but that hit was clean.
Clean? Looked like TK gave him the people's elbow

Old
04-19-2012, 11:06 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
I would not be against playing Gus this game. He plays in position most of the time and even though his weakest part of his game is his strength he should be alright being paired with a stronger d-man to help him out. The playoffs are about playing as a TEAM and Gus has a great pass and is a smart d-man with a lot of potential.

Kimmo/Lilja
Carle/Coburn
Kubina/Gus

As long as Lilja stays back and just focuses on playing D those pairings could work to beat the Pens team. The Flyers game is more on them having puck control and keeping the puck away from the other team. The forwards need to keep the puck moving and keep control.

Briere is the one that we need to step up this game. Briere steps up and the team will win.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:10 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
I didn't see it, that is just what I had heard... that it was a clean hit.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:12 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Is there any video at all on it posted online? All I seen was when it happened and they never shown a reply or anything. I just pointed at the t.v and said it looks like Grossmann is done! Its hard to tell if it was dirty or not by just seeing it once though really fast.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:14 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I would not be against playing Gus this game. He plays in position most of the time and even though his weakest part of his game is his strength he should be alright being paired with a stronger d-man to help him out. The playoffs are about playing as a TEAM and Gus has a great pass and is a smart d-man with a lot of potential.

Kimmo/Lilja
Carle/Coburn
Kubina/Gus

As long as Lilja stays back and just focuses on playing D those pairings could work to beat the Pens team. The Flyers game is more on them having puck control and keeping the puck away from the other team. The forwards need to keep the puck moving and keep control.

Briere is the one that we need to step up this game. Briere steps up and the team will win.
Unfortunately briere can't play defense. He holds essentially no weight in that factor. This team can't play defense. Briere could score 4 goals tomorrow and it won't matter unless the defense can learn how to play the game in 48 hours.

Coburn-Timonen
Carle-Lilja
Kubina-Gus/Bart

Are you kidding me?

Very worried about this teams ability to stop anything whatsoever. No goaltending, and even less defense.

I can honestly say that wednesday nights game was the worst defensive hockey I've ever seen an NHL team play and I've been watching and playing hockey for 20 years.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Is there any video at all on it posted online? All I seen was when it happened and they never shown a reply or anything. I just pointed at the t.v and said it looks like Grossmann is done! Its hard to tell if it was dirty or not by just seeing it once though really fast.
I just did a quick look, don't see anything, but I watched it on tv a couple of times, TK looks like he jumps turns backwards and catches him elbow on thin. Looked much worse than Malkins hit TBH

Old
04-19-2012, 11:23 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Unfortunately briere can't play defense. He holds essentially no weight in that factor. This team can't play defense. Briere could score 4 goals tomorrow and it won't matter unless the defense can learn how to play the game in 48 hours.

Coburn-Timonen
Carle-Lilja
Kubina-Gus/Bart

Are you kidding me?

Very worried about this teams ability to stop anything whatsoever. No goaltending, and even less defense.

I can honestly say that wednesday nights game was the worst defensive hockey I've ever seen an NHL team play and I've been watching and playing hockey for 20 years.
I meant Briere stepping up and scoring goals would get the team going that much more because when he scores in the playoffs the team then seems to play with so much more energy out there. The Flyers need to be able to control the puck and they have the forwards to do so. Briere steps it up and that gets the team going and they will look for the knock out.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
I just did a quick look, don't see anything, but I watched it on tv a couple of times, TK looks like he jumps turns backwards and catches him elbow on thin. Looked much worse than Malkins hit TBH
I just can't believe the Flyers put up with that crap all series long. At least Rinaldo showed a little bit back the last game, but that wasn't nearly as bad as all these head shots the Pens have been giving out. Giroux and Grossmann were both staggered by headshots. I just hope Giroux isn't playing through a concussion....

Old
04-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Flyerfan4life

LOL Lilja looks like borat in that video..

hahah

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:25 AM
rban*

Tke Flyers will lose thr series. ANd I am very angry, I feel the only revenge is knocking out top Pens players in retaliation. Forget about winning this series, no defense no goatending= no chance. Only reason we won 3 was their D and Fleury played even worse, but they have learned their klesson andunlike us, they have no injuries, cuz they are much tougher than us it seems.

Why can they injury ours and we cant injure them back> Are we that weak?

I dont care who gets suspended for how long, I just wanna give Crosby concussion right now.
The series is lost anyway so why not?

Id be very proud if FLyers ended Crosby's career. He deserves it with his goon play.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:26 AM
StandingCow

This guy...

Old
04-20-2012, 12:29 AM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Tke Flyers will lose thr series. ANd I am very angry, I feel the only revenge is knocking out top Pens players in retaliation. Forget about winning this series, no defense no goatending= no chance. Only reason we won 3 was their D and Fleury played even worse, but they have learned their klesson andunlike us, they have no injuries, cuz they are much tougher than us it seems.

Why can they injury ours and we cant injure them back> Are we that weak?
Grossmann got knee'd and he also got hit in the head more then once. Bourdon was a target for them since they knew he just came back from a concussion. The Flyers have a very tough team. Simmonds and Hartnell were two of the top power forwards this season in the nhl and the Flyers have both of them. The Flyers are not weak, they just let the Pens get away with this stuff and don't retaliate which in turn leads to the Pens doing more of it.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
I didn't see it, that is just what I had heard... that it was a clean hit.
the Penguin fans, supporters, Gary Bettman, Cambell and Shanahan think it was clean. hey that should be enough for everyone right?
I dont even know why I go to the main board anymore. the main board is infected with ****ing trolls and people who say things to bait people into saying things that well, I cant say it can I. But you know what I mean.
I admit I have been suckered into it. The crap that goes on on the main board is just a bunch of children trying outdo each other with the trolling.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote