MTS Centre Upgrades

Old
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
When you get to the doors entering the Library there's the same busker there after every game. As far as I know, the guy only knows one song; Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. A decent song and a decent rendition of it. Problem is it gets a little repetitive. The guy has just got to mix up his set a little. Maybe we can start a collection and buy the guy some sheet music so he can expand his repertoire for next season.
I'm sure if you offer him $50 he'll play whatever you want.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
This isn't exactly a MTS Centre upgrade as much as an enhancement to my game day experience.

I sit in the southeast corner of the 300 level and park my car at Winnipeg Square, so after the game I take the south end doors walk thru the second floor of City Place, then take the skywalk along Graham to get to Winnipeg Square.

When you get to the doors entering the Library there's the same busker there after every game. As far as I know, the guy only knows one song; Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. A decent song and a decent rendition of it. Problem is it gets a little repetitive. The guy has just got to mix up his set a little. Maybe we can start a collection and buy the guy some sheet music so he can expand his repertoire for next season.
I love that guy! We nicknamed him "Johnny Outta-Cash". After a Moose game last year he was playing a different song and I said "what happened to Ring of Fire?"

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:40 AM
CdnBison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
Who says the hobos aren't wearing Jets gear?? This is Winnipeg after all. Everyone is wearing Jets gear. Although Hobos tend to prefer Bomber gear.
The week the logo wad announced / shirts released, I saw a guy begging on a median in a new Jets shirt. Tough to believe he needed money when he could drop $30 on a t-shirt.

CdnBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBison View Post
The week the logo wad announced / shirts released, I saw a guy begging on a median in a new Jets shirt. Tough to believe he needed money when he could drop $30 on a t-shirt.
It was a business expense.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
spicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I love that guy! We nicknamed him "Johnny Outta-Cash". After a Moose game last year he was playing a different song and I said "what happened to Ring of Fire?"
i always have two loonies with me, one for when i arrive, and one for when i leave. Every game, i get him to play ring of fire.

frickin hilarious.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:59 AM
SCP Guy

vCash: 50
Anyone have any information of upgrades/work that may have been going on at the MTS Centre this summer? I know last season there was such a time crunch to get things done....wonder if they have continued the work?

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Jet
Confirmed Pav Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Anyone have any information of upgrades/work that may have been going on at the MTS Centre this summer? I know last season there was such a time crunch to get things done....wonder if they have continued the work?
I sure hope so. The building is very functional but hardly beautiful.

06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctyler View Post
I can deal with the difficult task of adding washrooms, but how about attempting to control the size and space of lineups with better or more ropes/elastic band things. Some games the lineups take their own shape and completely block any sort of flow of traffic. Have them zig zag back and forth to use the space more effectively.....or just create exits for the washrooms....

And let's cut down on the yellow card infractions. Just because I sit behind andrew ladds wife, doesn't give her the authority to kick people out for asking her husband to get a set of hands but jokes aside, there will be fans that don't cheer for the home team and I've seen too many warnings for "you suck...." has anyone been to a Yankees game?
SOme social engineering in regards to how to lineup properly. Those washroom lineups are silly. They jut out into the middle of the upper bowl concourse.

supahdupah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:11 PM
hockeyarena
.net

vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
SOme social engineering in regards to how to lineup properly. Those washroom lineups are silly. They jut out into the middle of the upper bowl concourse.
There's not exactly ample space for the line to flow. How about building a washroom with more than 4 urinals in it. Will be interesting to see if they've done anything come october.

hockeyarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Gil Fisher

They should sell catheter/bladder combos with the Beer at concessions. Wouldn't miss a thing.

Gil Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Shakey Rustie
1L

vCash: 1077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
Yeah that guy is awesome, way better than the crying lady.

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:22 PM
supahdupah
Registered Boozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsdude View Post
There's not exactly ample space for the line to flow. How about building a washroom with more than 4 urinals in it. Will be interesting to see if they've done anything come october.
There is though. It needs to weave and stay to the outside as much as possible. They let it go 45 degrees into concourse traffic.

supahdupah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahdupah View Post
I think some velvet ropes like at the airport that make you zig zag back and forth to bunch the line instead of a long line that spills into the concourse is the way to go at washroom locations, and at the food/beverage vendors in the concourse...it would keep the middle open for moving traffic IMO

I would also like a higher end feel to the arena......it may be a small venue but lets make what we have feel like a 5 start hotel as far as the finishings and décor go! This money doesn't have to be pumped into the MTS Centre all at once but little by little here and there would make a big difference. Especially the upper bowl needs more work then the lower bowl IMO.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Sabadecade
Sec304 STH & WL#2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
They should sell catheter/bladder combos with the Beer at concessions. Wouldn't miss a thing.
Those do exist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_buddy
http://www.stadiumpal.com/

Sabadecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
I do have a little information from memory when I renewed my season tickets. Sounds like they were upgrading the scoreboard. The seats are going to remain green. I asked him about the bathrooms but he just avoided the question.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
AndersUlfBobby
All Systems Go

Was down at MTS Centre earlier today. Took a peek thru the curtain at the exit across from Tim's on the main floor. The ribbon was displaying the message about being a "hardhat zone". There was a construction person at Tim's. I'm assuming that there is some type of reno's going on based on those observations. Don't have a good guess what that would be since I couldn't really see much. Concourse looked the same as always.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Possibly a new scoreboard

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:07 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
Possibly a new scoreboard
HD screens please!!!

My eyes are getting bad

Old
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 751
Quote:
HD screens please!!!

My eyes are getting bad
Bigger HD screens please! Since I don't have season tickets but go to a lot of games I end up sitting all over the place and I found that particularly in the lower-bowl corners or upper-bowl ends there were locations on the ice where it was necessarily to watch play on the scoreboard. Especially for the upper-bowl ends you're far away from the scoreboard and the screen is hard to see clearly; My eyes are very good and I still think the upgrade is necessary. I imagine that'd be a very costly upgrade though.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
ajmidd12
Know-It-All

vCash: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
Well, those that don't take note of the fire exits are doomed to go down with the ship in the event of the worst.

Kinda Darwinian, but it'd thin out the herd a bit.
I laughed at this!

I love my seats at the MTS Center, then again I'm lower bowl section 222 row 4 (right in the corner along a railing)

Heres a view from our seats, I don't even see the screen behind the goal anymore. Can't wait for the next season already.

The only MINOR complaint I have is that we have an aisle seat of the 4 and it is the only access point to the other 10 seats in the row, as the other side of the row is the Bud Lounge, so we have to get up once in awhile. No biggie I can lean on a rail

On the topic of the bathroom issues, just go during the TV timeouts, I always make it to one, piss and get back to my seat before puck drop. There are usually two or three per period, also gives you time to buy booze and food. I spend the intermissions standing around talking with friends and laughing at those standing in the long pisser lines.

Last edited by ajmidd12: 06-28-2012 at 09:07 PM.
ajmidd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
I laughed at this!

I love my seats at the MTS Center, then again I'm lower bowl section 222 row 4 (right in the corner along a railing)

Heres a view from our seats, I don't even see the screen behind the goal anymore. Can't wait for the next season already.

The only MINOR complaint I have is that we have an aisle seat of the 4 and it is the only access point to the other 10 seats in the row, as the other side of the row is the Bud Lounge, so we have to get up once in awhile. No biggie I can lean on a rail

On the topic of the bathroom issues, just go during the TV timeouts, I always make it to one, piss and get back to my seat before puck drop. There are usually two or three per period, also gives you time to buy booze and food. I spend the intermissions standing around talking with friends and laughing at those standing in the long pisser lines.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, you're going to ruin it for the rest of us

Mathil8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:36 AM
TroubaFan1

IMO they need to do something about the traffic in the upper deck concourse. Its ridiculous in there during intermission.

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
Get rid of the ****** glass that was put in to replace the grates in the upper deck. My view is still very obstructed as that glass is only good when you look at it straight on, and blurry if you look at an angle.
Hear hear! What is it with sporting facilities these days and all the "junk" (advertising, netting, other obstructions)? In the old days, every seat had a nice clear view of the ice. The glass or the grates completely ruin the game from many low seats in the upper bowl. They need a solution for it that would maintain safety while not obstructing 2/3 of the ice.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Soble

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmidd12 View Post
I laughed at this!

If you need to anticipate, the TV timeouts occur the first whistle after the 14:00, 10:00, and 6:00 point of each period; but never following an icing, a goal, or if a team is on a powerplay. Also there will not be a TV timeout two whistles in a row, unless a certain amount of time has elapsed, I believe. Once in a blue moon you will see them not able to get the last one in, if the only whistles the last 6 minutes of a period are for icings/goals.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:50 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soble View Post
Hear hear! What is it with sporting facilities these days and all the "junk" (advertising, netting, other obstructions)? In the old days, every seat had a nice clear view of the ice. The glass or the grates completely ruin the game from many low seats in the upper bowl. They need a solution for it that would maintain safety while not obstructing 2/3 of the ice.
Here's the solution - force field:

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 06-29-2012 at 09:19 PM.
YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote