HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call you all out ..

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Broadway Brad

vCash: 500
Let's see. Lundqvist has played 4+ games and allowed 8 goals.

1 goal was scored by Michael Del Zotto.

1 was a bad break and bad defense coming off the powerplay.

1 was an absolutely sick snipe in OT.

1 was a lucky bounce off a block in OT.

1 went right through Staal's legs that literally no goalie could've saved.

1 was a deflection in front of the net.

1 was a 2 on 1.

Literally the only goal you can say he should've saved was Gonchar's yesterday.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post

1 was a 2 on 1.

Why let facts get in the way.

Apparently it's physically impossible for Ranger fans to tip their hats to the other team. The Sens have played very well. it's a good, close, series. SHOCKER!!!!

Rangers aren't down 3-0. They only have to win 2 of 3 games with 2 of the 3 at home. They've lost 2 games in OT, this could EASILY be a 4-0 series win already.

Chill ppl.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Broadway Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

Apparently it's physically impossible for Ranger fans to tip their hats to the other team. The Sens have played very well. it's a good, close, series. SHOCKER!!!!

Rangers aren't down 3-0. They only have to win 2 of 3 games with 2 of the 3 at home. They've lost 2 games in OT, this could EASILY be a 4-0 series win already.

Chill ppl.
Bingo. Lundqvist has allowed fluke goals, but Ottawa is playing so well that another goalie would've probably allowed all the same goals plus more. For Hank to have allowed only 8 goals with all the time Ottawa has spent in the Rangers' zone is unbelievable.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
nevesis

Don't listen to Dagoon44, he is a complete ignoramus who's opinions are on par with that of a man suffering from severe brain encephalopathy.

Take your typical loud mouth, ignorant, alpha male Ranger fan at the garden. That's him in a nutshell, but with no understanding of hockey since he's never played.

The facts on Hank speak for themselves. Some people you can't ever help.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
McDunna with Fries

OP wins troll of the year i cant believe all of you fell for it

Old
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
OP wins troll of the year i cant believe all of you fell for it
No, despite my earlier post saying the same thing... Its really not a troll of the year. Its 100% seriousness.

04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Seriously, outplayed?

I'll repeat the stats again, but if you think we're throwing nearly as many chances at Anderson you're HIGH. Anderson hasn't been forced to make nearly the amount or quality of saves Lundqvist has (such as Lundqvist preserving the SO with tremendous saves so his team could win 1-0). If we win the other night in OT or score a third goal in regulation, this thread doesn't exist. No chance.

1.66 Goals against. That's 1.66 goals allowed per 60 minutes of hockey.
.940 Save Percentage. That's 94% of all shots against are stopped.
1 Shutout. In a game in which his team only gave him one goal of support no less, so there was NO margin for error.

The guy has been unreal. If you've watched this series the LAST person on this team who has to answer to anybody is Lundqvist. It's like one game (in which he wasn't even bad) erases everyone's memory of the game before it and the rest of the series.

And by the way, that Turris shot was a snipe, with a screen, off a broken play. Look at the Semin goal against Thomas tonight that allowed Washington to tie Boston (the defending champs) up 2-2. Sick shot. It happens.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Don't listen to Dagoon44, he is a complete ignoramus who's opinions are on par with that of a man suffering from severe brain encephalopathy.

Take your typical loud mouth, ignorant, alpha male Ranger fan at the garden. That's him in a nutshell, but with no understanding of hockey since he's never played.

For some reason I really loved this post.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post

1 was a 2 on 1.

You'd have to be watching and understanding the games in order to acknowledge and comprehend all of that. Lundqvist has been unreal yet if the guy doesn't steal the entire series for us, he's a bum. Some people are just bad fans.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
Rust Heisenberg

<- this is what i feel like coming to these boards after a loss...

embarrassing that this is even a thread.

actually, disgusting is more like it.

i tolerated the negativity after the loss yesterday. by now people should have calmed down and realized our team has responded well to adversity almost all season and proven us wrong in a good way almost each time.

hank is our best player. period. so youre going to tell me that 2 goals leading from defensive lapses in the first game... an own goal, a 1 v the goalie goal, and a goal where a senator fell on his stick in the 2nd game... and 2 more defensive lapse goals in our last game are his fault?

abysmal fan support from some of you. if you don't understand what a process takes then be a front runner every year and you'll be a lot more satisfied.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

take the blinders off and stick to the topic.. nice use of big words but u are the ignorant one for the comments u just made

Old
04-20-2012, 12:42 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:

Chill ppl.
I do agree with the majority of what you say, BUT the reason this series is so close as is currently is because the Rangers back off completely, and when they do, the Sens' defense turn that opportunity into a shooting range.

I don't think I've seen a game where the likes of Callahan, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Staal, Prust, etc. all laid a big hit in the same game. The Rangers are showing too much respect for that team.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I do agree with the majority of what you say, BUT the reason this series is so close as is currently is because the Rangers back off completely, and when they do, the Sens' defense turn that opportunity into a shooting range.

I don't think I've seen a game where the likes of Callahan, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Staal, Prust, etc. all laid a big hit in the same game. The Rangers are showing too much respect for that team.
it's a shooting range regardless. they get quality chances before we back off too. and i dont think the team backs off so much as it plays it safe...theres a difference. no high risk plays.

It worked all season long. this is the way this team clawed its way to 1st place in the east.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:51 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I see titles of thread that say Dubi, Stepan, Richards all about the guys not playing well and costing the team a chance to advance but when the hell is anyone going to call out Hank? The so called King of NYC is a pure horror show in OT and has been out played once again in the series by a guy with half his talent.. 3-1 lead vs Caps a few yrs ago we lose the series shoot out vs the flyers to make playoffs we lose the shoot out and now this.. Until he wins in the plays off he is not even as good as Steve Weeks so sorry but the king is weak in the crunch
This is progress for you, Dagoon. As astoundingly wrong and ridiculous as this is, as insulting as it is, at least you aren't trying to pin potential failures on a lack of goons like you usually do.

Kudos.

I'm not sure what's more amusing: the alarmist reaction to a 2-2 playoff series in a year where the league's two best teams are both down 3-1 in their own playoff series, or the fact that the lack of consistent offense, so clearly the reason that the Rangers have lost games in this series, is being overlooked for what is so clearly the team's strongest quality: Henrik Lundqvist's goaltending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I'm giving Henrik the chance to redeem himself. He better. His long list of protectors will get really short if he has another game like yesterday and the Rangers get eliminated.
He has nothing to redeem himself for, because he played a great game yesterday. Turris' shot went between Stralman's legs. Anyone who has tended goal at any level will tell you that those shots are almost impossible to stop. You immediately lose sight of the puck, and you can't tell if the angle of delivery has changed. The Rangers didn't lose because of Lundqvist last night, and Lundqvist is just about the last reason they failed to advance in any previous playoff appearance. Lundqvist is the only reason any of those previous playoff appearances happened, and he's by far the biggest reason this team finished in first place.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
it's a shooting range regardless. they get quality chances before we back off too. and i dont think the team backs off so much as it plays it safe...theres a difference. no high risk plays.

It worked all season long. this is the way this team clawed its way to 1st place in the east.
I'm sorry, but when one team dwarfs the other team in shot attempts and the other team's tally is significantly higher with regards to shots blocked, that only means one team is indeed firing off everything and the other team is willing to be target practice.

And Ottawa isn't hesitant to shoot it because we aren't hitting them like we should. Yes, Staal was noticeable in that department on Wednesday but he was the only one who was making those noticeable hits.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:14 AM
Click
Rookie User

This is a joke / troll thread, right? Can't possibly be serious...

Old
04-20-2012, 01:25 AM
dynamoovechkin

Yes, Henke, the guy who is about to win the Vezina and should be in the running for the Hart (IMHO) is the problem.

I hear Steve Valiquette is available.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:47 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I bet if Hank played behind Messier and Brian ****ing Leetch he'd have a ****ing cup already.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:54 AM
Killem Dafoe
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Yeah, series over, might as well get ready for the offseason now and possibly trade Hank.
i was gunna say. We could get someone pretty decent for him, like Gomez. We could use Gomez on the left side so Gabs can play third line center.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

Haven't been here for a couple of days but this board is out of control

Old
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
Killem Dafoe
Look at this graph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I bet if Hank played behind Messier and Brian ****ing Leetch he'd have a ****ing cup already.
yes please. and throw in Graves, just for fun.

Old
04-20-2012, 04:54 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The ignore list is a beautiful thing.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:26 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Hank is probably the only Ranger right now you cannot possibly blame, maybe Boyle.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:35 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Hank is probably the only Ranger right now you cannot possibly blame, maybe Boyle.
I think Girardi and McD have been pretty damned good as well.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:51 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

i dont think ive ever seen so much sarcasm in response to a post as i did on the first page of this thread.....

Closed Thread