HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call you all out ..

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2012, 11:31 PM
  #51
Broadway Brad
Registered User
 
Broadway Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Let's see. Lundqvist has played 4+ games and allowed 8 goals.

1 goal was scored by Michael Del Zotto.

1 was a bad break and bad defense coming off the powerplay.

1 was an absolutely sick snipe in OT.

1 was a lucky bounce off a block in OT.

1 went right through Staal's legs that literally no goalie could've saved.

1 was a deflection in front of the net.

1 was a 2 on 1.


Literally the only goal you can say he should've saved was Gonchar's yesterday.

Broadway Brad is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 11:46 PM
  #52
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
Let's see. Lundqvist has played 4+ games and allowed 8 goals.

1 goal was scored by Michael Del Zotto.

1 was a bad break and bad defense coming off the powerplay.

1 was an absolutely sick snipe in OT.

1 was a lucky bounce off a block in OT.

1 went right through Staal's legs that literally no goalie could've saved.

1 was a deflection in front of the net.

1 was a 2 on 1.


Literally the only goal you can say he should've saved was Gonchar's yesterday.
Why let facts get in the way.

Apparently it's physically impossible for Ranger fans to tip their hats to the other team. The Sens have played very well. it's a good, close, series. SHOCKER!!!!


Rangers aren't down 3-0. They only have to win 2 of 3 games with 2 of the 3 at home. They've lost 2 games in OT, this could EASILY be a 4-0 series win already.

Chill ppl.

Inferno is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 11:50 PM
  #53
Broadway Brad
Registered User
 
Broadway Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Why let facts get in the way.

Apparently it's physically impossible for Ranger fans to tip their hats to the other team. The Sens have played very well. it's a good, close, series. SHOCKER!!!!


Rangers aren't down 3-0. They only have to win 2 of 3 games with 2 of the 3 at home. They've lost 2 games in OT, this could EASILY be a 4-0 series win already.

Chill ppl.
Bingo. Lundqvist has allowed fluke goals, but Ottawa is playing so well that another goalie would've probably allowed all the same goals plus more. For Hank to have allowed only 8 goals with all the time Ottawa has spent in the Rangers' zone is unbelievable.

Broadway Brad is offline  
Old
04-19-2012, 11:58 PM
  #54
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 14,583
vCash: 500
Don't listen to Dagoon44, he is a complete ignoramus who's opinions are on par with that of a man suffering from severe brain encephalopathy.

Take your typical loud mouth, ignorant, alpha male Ranger fan at the garden. That's him in a nutshell, but with no understanding of hockey since he's never played.

The facts on Hank speak for themselves. Some people you can't ever help.

nevesis is online now  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
  #55
McDunna with Fries
Registered User
 
McDunna with Fries's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 642
vCash: 500
OP wins troll of the year i cant believe all of you fell for it

McDunna with Fries is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM
  #56
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Cupcake schedule.
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoutheastOfDisorder
Country: United States
Posts: 12,005
vCash: 2679
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDunna with Fries View Post
OP wins troll of the year i cant believe all of you fell for it
No, despite my earlier post saying the same thing... Its really not a troll of the year. Its 100% seriousness.

__________________
"If someone offers you an amazing opportunity and you're not sure you can do it, say yes - then learn how to do it later" - Richard Branson
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
  #57
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 500
Seriously, outplayed?

I'll repeat the stats again, but if you think we're throwing nearly as many chances at Anderson you're HIGH. Anderson hasn't been forced to make nearly the amount or quality of saves Lundqvist has (such as Lundqvist preserving the SO with tremendous saves so his team could win 1-0). If we win the other night in OT or score a third goal in regulation, this thread doesn't exist. No chance.

1.66 Goals against. That's 1.66 goals allowed per 60 minutes of hockey.
.940 Save Percentage. That's 94% of all shots against are stopped.
1 Shutout. In a game in which his team only gave him one goal of support no less, so there was NO margin for error.

The guy has been unreal. If you've watched this series the LAST person on this team who has to answer to anybody is Lundqvist. It's like one game (in which he wasn't even bad) erases everyone's memory of the game before it and the rest of the series.

And by the way, that Turris shot was a snipe, with a screen, off a broken play. Look at the Semin goal against Thomas tonight that allowed Washington to tie Boston (the defending champs) up 2-2. Sick shot. It happens.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:12 AM
  #58
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Don't listen to Dagoon44, he is a complete ignoramus who's opinions are on par with that of a man suffering from severe brain encephalopathy.

Take your typical loud mouth, ignorant, alpha male Ranger fan at the garden. That's him in a nutshell, but with no understanding of hockey since he's never played.

The facts on Hank speak for themselves. Some people you can't ever help.
For some reason I really loved this post.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:15 AM
  #59
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...
 
Ollie Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 10,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadway Brad View Post
Let's see. Lundqvist has played 4+ games and allowed 8 goals.

1 goal was scored by Michael Del Zotto.

1 was a bad break and bad defense coming off the powerplay.

1 was an absolutely sick snipe in OT.

1 was a lucky bounce off a block in OT.

1 went right through Staal's legs that literally no goalie could've saved.

1 was a deflection in front of the net.

1 was a 2 on 1.


Literally the only goal you can say he should've saved was Gonchar's yesterday.
You'd have to be watching and understanding the games in order to acknowledge and comprehend all of that. Lundqvist has been unreal yet if the guy doesn't steal the entire series for us, he's a bum. Some people are just bad fans.

Ollie Queen is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:30 AM
  #60
Rust Heisenberg
Registered User
 
Rust Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,755
vCash: 500
<- this is what i feel like coming to these boards after a loss...

embarrassing that this is even a thread.

actually, disgusting is more like it.

i tolerated the negativity after the loss yesterday. by now people should have calmed down and realized our team has responded well to adversity almost all season and proven us wrong in a good way almost each time.

hank is our best player. period. so youre going to tell me that 2 goals leading from defensive lapses in the first game... an own goal, a 1 v the goalie goal, and a goal where a senator fell on his stick in the 2nd game... and 2 more defensive lapse goals in our last game are his fault?

abysmal fan support from some of you. if you don't understand what a process takes then be a front runner every year and you'll be a lot more satisfied.

Rust Heisenberg is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
  #61
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,099
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Don't listen to Dagoon44, he is a complete ignoramus who's opinions are on par with that of a man suffering from severe brain encephalopathy.

Take your typical loud mouth, ignorant, alpha male Ranger fan at the garden. That's him in a nutshell, but with no understanding of hockey since he's never played.

The facts on Hank speak for themselves. Some people you can't ever help.
take the blinders off and stick to the topic.. nice use of big words but u are the ignorant one for the comments u just made

Dagoon44 is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:42 AM
  #62
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Why let facts get in the way.

Apparently it's physically impossible for Ranger fans to tip their hats to the other team. The Sens have played very well. it's a good, close, series. SHOCKER!!!!


Rangers aren't down 3-0. They only have to win 2 of 3 games with 2 of the 3 at home. They've lost 2 games in OT, this could EASILY be a 4-0 series win already.

Chill ppl.
I do agree with the majority of what you say, BUT the reason this series is so close as is currently is because the Rangers back off completely, and when they do, the Sens' defense turn that opportunity into a shooting range.

I don't think I've seen a game where the likes of Callahan, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Staal, Prust, etc. all laid a big hit in the same game. The Rangers are showing too much respect for that team.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 AM
  #63
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
I do agree with the majority of what you say, BUT the reason this series is so close as is currently is because the Rangers back off completely, and when they do, the Sens' defense turn that opportunity into a shooting range.

I don't think I've seen a game where the likes of Callahan, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Staal, Prust, etc. all laid a big hit in the same game. The Rangers are showing too much respect for that team.
it's a shooting range regardless. they get quality chances before we back off too. and i dont think the team backs off so much as it plays it safe...theres a difference. no high risk plays.

It worked all season long. this is the way this team clawed its way to 1st place in the east.

Inferno is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:51 AM
  #64
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I see titles of thread that say Dubi, Stepan, Richards all about the guys not playing well and costing the team a chance to advance but when the hell is anyone going to call out Hank? The so called King of NYC is a pure horror show in OT and has been out played once again in the series by a guy with half his talent.. 3-1 lead vs Caps a few yrs ago we lose the series shoot out vs the flyers to make playoffs we lose the shoot out and now this.. Until he wins in the plays off he is not even as good as Steve Weeks so sorry but the king is weak in the crunch
This is progress for you, Dagoon. As astoundingly wrong and ridiculous as this is, as insulting as it is, at least you aren't trying to pin potential failures on a lack of goons like you usually do.

Kudos.

I'm not sure what's more amusing: the alarmist reaction to a 2-2 playoff series in a year where the league's two best teams are both down 3-1 in their own playoff series, or the fact that the lack of consistent offense, so clearly the reason that the Rangers have lost games in this series, is being overlooked for what is so clearly the team's strongest quality: Henrik Lundqvist's goaltending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I'm giving Henrik the chance to redeem himself. He better. His long list of protectors will get really short if he has another game like yesterday and the Rangers get eliminated.
He has nothing to redeem himself for, because he played a great game yesterday. Turris' shot went between Stralman's legs. Anyone who has tended goal at any level will tell you that those shots are almost impossible to stop. You immediately lose sight of the puck, and you can't tell if the angle of delivery has changed. The Rangers didn't lose because of Lundqvist last night, and Lundqvist is just about the last reason they failed to advance in any previous playoff appearance. Lundqvist is the only reason any of those previous playoff appearances happened, and he's by far the biggest reason this team finished in first place.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 12:57 AM
  #65
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
it's a shooting range regardless. they get quality chances before we back off too. and i dont think the team backs off so much as it plays it safe...theres a difference. no high risk plays.

It worked all season long. this is the way this team clawed its way to 1st place in the east.
I'm sorry, but when one team dwarfs the other team in shot attempts and the other team's tally is significantly higher with regards to shots blocked, that only means one team is indeed firing off everything and the other team is willing to be target practice.

And Ottawa isn't hesitant to shoot it because we aren't hitting them like we should. Yes, Staal was noticeable in that department on Wednesday but he was the only one who was making those noticeable hits.

ImIdaho is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 01:14 AM
  #66
Click
Rookie User
 
Click's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
This is a joke / troll thread, right? Can't possibly be serious...

Click is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 01:25 AM
  #67
dynamoovechkin
Registered User
 
dynamoovechkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 454
vCash: 500
Yes, Henke, the guy who is about to win the Vezina and should be in the running for the Hart (IMHO) is the problem.

I hear Steve Valiquette is available.

dynamoovechkin is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 03:47 AM
  #68
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,361
vCash: 500
I bet if Hank played behind Messier and Brian ****ing Leetch he'd have a ****ing cup already.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 03:54 AM
  #69
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
Look at this graph.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Yeah, series over, might as well get ready for the offseason now and possibly trade Hank.
i was gunna say. We could get someone pretty decent for him, like Gomez. We could use Gomez on the left side so Gabs can play third line center.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
  #70
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15
 
EuroFlair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: the alps
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 50
Haven't been here for a couple of days but this board is out of control

EuroFlair is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
  #71
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
Look at this graph.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,252
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I bet if Hank played behind Messier and Brian ****ing Leetch he'd have a ****ing cup already.
yes please. and throw in Graves, just for fun.

Killem Dafoe is online now  
Old
04-20-2012, 04:54 AM
  #72
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,381
vCash: 500
The ignore list is a beautiful thing.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 05:26 AM
  #73
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 19,870
vCash: 500
Hank is probably the only Ranger right now you cannot possibly blame, maybe Boyle.

DMPD is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 05:35 AM
  #74
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 6,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Hank is probably the only Ranger right now you cannot possibly blame, maybe Boyle.
I think Girardi and McD have been pretty damned good as well.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 05:51 AM
  #75
jacko23
KCCO!
 
jacko23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Greensboro, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 591
vCash: 500
i dont think ive ever seen so much sarcasm in response to a post as i did on the first page of this thread.....

jacko23 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.