HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Official Arizona Visitors Inquiry Thread (links on start page)

Old
04-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I'll have to live in Phoenix for a year or two before I decide if I want to live there long-term. My heart really is in Dallas, and I was told by the people that run this company that I needed to be in Tempe for 1-2 years to learn everything but then can likely work remotely. I'm willing to give it a shot as a permanent home, but it's more of a wait-and-see thing. If I feel like I'll live there a long time, I'll definitely look to buy something. And heck, Phoenix is one of the few places I'd consider buying a real house because I hate hate hate yardwork, and desert years are much easier on me than grass.

Renting a house (or ideally a townhouse) is definitely an option, though I am a bit nervous about walking into that without being able to really see it until a week before moving in. I have relatives in the area that I can send out to see a house if you know of one. Craigslist is so cluttered with apartment spam that I've found it very difficult to pull out the real rental listings.

ETA: And it's not the budget part of traveling that concerns me. It's the morning commute and getting to the office on time. I am absolutely, 100 percent not a morning person and leaving a job where I can sleep to my heart's content. This new job is 8-5, so I'm trying to try minimize the shock in terms of how early I have to get up.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I'll have to live in Phoenix for a year or two before I decide if I want to live there long-term. My heart really is in Dallas, and I was told by the people that run this company that I needed to be in Tempe for 1-2 years to learn everything but then can likely work remotely. I'm willing to give it a shot as a permanent home, but it's more of a wait-and-see thing. If I feel like I'll live there a long time, I'll definitely look to buy something. And heck, Phoenix is one of the few places I'd consider buying a real house because I hate hate hate yardwork, and desert years are much easier on me than grass.

Renting a house (or ideally a townhouse) is definitely an option, though I am a bit nervous about walking into that without being able to really see it until a week before moving in. I have relatives in the area that I can send out to see a house if you know of one. Craigslist is so cluttered with apartment spam that I've found it very difficult to pull out the real rental listings.
Well, I've got a room for rent if you don't mind a dog, I am in central phx...

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
I've got too much furniture for a single room and a cat that would probably recoil in abject horror at the dog (though I love them, he's, er, skittish). Thanks for the offer though!

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:08 AM
XX
... Waiting

Tempe is a pretty nice city to be in as a young professional. Don't think you'll miss Dallas.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:24 AM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
I've got too much furniture for a single room and a cat that would probably recoil in abject horror at the dog (though I love them, he's, er, skittish). Thanks for the offer though!
Yeah, my dog would love to eat your cat, so, not a good match.

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Hey, I am coming down to Mesa today, I was just wondering if there was any good places to catch some hockey games (Lounges, Sports Bars, etc) in that area?

I am going to be in the air during the Coyotes game today, but will be there till Thursday, so so sorry but I hope this series going to 7 so I can catch Game 7 down there with you guys

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
SweYote

Looking on car rental sites it always says something about a fee for renting cars when you're between 21 and 25 years old ($25/day it seems). What's that all about? Do you know some place where you don't have to pay that fee? I'm 21.

Edit: And btw, when it comes to sleeping I'm a college student who doesn't care one bit about the quality of my room as long as there is a bed. I'm much more interested in just saving my money for something else. What/Where is the cheapest possible way of catching a night's sleep in Phoenix?

Last edited by SweYote: 04-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.
SweYote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:57 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
Looking on car rental sites it always says something about a fee for renting cars when you're between 21 and 25 years old ($25/day it seems). What's that all about? Do you know some place where you don't have to pay that fee? I'm 21.

Edit: And btw, when it comes to sleeping I'm a college student who doesn't care one bit about the quality of my room as long as there is a bed. I'm much more interested in just saving my money for something else. What/Where is the cheapest possible way of catching a night's sleep in Phoenix?
I'm not sure of a way around the fee for being as young as you are. I believe it's an insurance thing. You might be able to find a rental company that doesn't have the fee, though, so I guess keep digging.

As for places to crash, couchsurfing.org has gotten me not only a free night's stay a few times, but it's made me some friends. I'd highly recommend it.

PhoPhan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 01:53 PM
SweYote

I guess I will have to pay a lot to rent that car, seems like there is nothing to do about it. I will take that back on all your cheap gas though. Thanks for the site tip Pho, I will check that out.

SweYote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2012, 10:38 PM
CoyoteSunDevil

Viewing Location for Wednesday

Any good places on the west side of town to catch the game on Wed? It's hard to find a bar/place that will throw on the game w/ sound. Also like to be in the presence of many other Yote fans

CoyoteSunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Johnny Utah

I heard Jeremy Roenick listed his house recently in AZ for sale...is he staying in the area or moving completely?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 06:58 AM
CamTheMan

Hi folks. I posted here a few times in the past and was wondering if any of you could recommend a good place for my family and I to go shooting.

I am an avid hunter and fisherman and would love to shoot some automatic weapons and try out some various other guns also. This is an all boys trip so we want to maximize the fun. We are staying in Glendale in November. Looks like we will probably miss out on seeing NHL action so need to make alternate plans.

If anyone knows where we can go and some general pricing it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2012, 03:38 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 View Post
Hi folks. I posted here a few times in the past and was wondering if any of you could recommend a good place for my family and I to go shooting.

I am an avid hunter and fisherman and would love to shoot some automatic weapons and try out some various other guns also. This is an all boys trip so we want to maximize the fun. We are staying in Glendale in November. Looks like we will probably miss out on seeing NHL action so need to make alternate plans.

If anyone knows where we can go and some general pricing it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Scottsdale Gun Club has autos for rent. There may be some others but that's the one I know of.

I usually shoot at Ben Avery but they don't have rentals.

Shooters World Peoria location is much closer to Glendale. They don't rent automatics though. They do rent handguns/rifles.

http://www.azshootersworld.com/go2/s...oor_ranges.cfm

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2012, 06:39 AM
CamTheMan

Very nice....Thank You sir. So many to choose from. Can you recommend one that would be the best experience? Was thinking of trying the AUG or the p90.

CamTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Scottsdale Nightlife

Hey guys, Canucks fan coming in peace for some info. My Dad just bought a house down in Scottsdale, and we're down here on vacation for 9 days or so. Me (26) my sister (28) and my brother (21) were thinking of going out to some clubs down here, so what's good what night? TomMorow night there's a Carrie underwood concert, we may go out after, any suggestions? Even if not for tomorrow, maybe someone can give me some outlook on the nightlife around here. The Cardinals aren't playing this weekend, the Suns are in preseason, the NHL is locked out, and we leave on Saturday so we can't catch the college game. Need something here! Haha. Thanks in advance HFers.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Colt45Blast
Torres FTW

1st off

Welcome to AZ.

2. Checkout this thread as others will answer your questions.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=683599
Some stuff about Scottsdale is answered early on in the thread.

It's also a stickied thread here for visitors info.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Try a Arizona Fall League game. Top MLB prospects and most stadiums sell beer on a cash basis. Tickets about $7 each.

Rebranded Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
Hey guys, Canucks fan coming in peace for some info. My Dad just bought a house down in Scottsdale, and we're down here on vacation for 9 days or so. Me (26) my sister (28) and my brother (21) were thinking of going out to some clubs down here, so what's good what night? TomMorow night there's a Carrie underwood concert, we may go out after, any suggestions? Even if not for tomorrow, maybe someone can give me some outlook on the nightlife around here. The Cardinals aren't playing this weekend, the Suns are in preseason, the NHL is locked out, and we leave on Saturday so we can't catch the college game. Need something here! Haha. Thanks in advance HFers.
Gah! I was merged! Hoping someone can still Offer some insight.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:01 PM
awfulwaffle

I can't really help you, I live all the way out on the west side. When did you get into town? The bars were hopping in Tempe after the football game.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Gah! I was merged! Hoping someone can still Offer some insight.
Well tonight you can go pretty much anywhere in downtown Scottsdale (Osborne to Camelback, 3-4 blocks either direction off Scottsdale Rd) and it will be happening, tomorrow night you might want to give "Metalheads" (they cover 80's hair bands) at Martini Ranch a try, it's been going on for like 10 years so they're obviously doing something right.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2012, 09:32 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Haven't gone clubbing in a long time, and Scottsdale lounges and night clubs tend to come and go pretty fast so recommendations are tough (Sugar Daddy's used to be my favorite, didn't last long). Martini Ranch is one of the very few that's been successful for quite some time.

Seems like Roxy is popular right now, but I've never been there. SmashBoxx is another one. Just do some research on Yelp.

Kazimierz is my type of place, but it's a quiet, dark wine bar with mellow music. I doubt that's what you're looking for.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
tank44

Hello thread & Phoenix...

I'm coming to town next weekend (Jan 26-28) and was hoping to get out to see the Kings-Coyotes game on Saturday night. I so far am staying downtown and was not planning to get a rental car. how much would a taxi from the downtown near the US Airlines arena be to the Glendale arena? Would it be better to rent a car?

Also any deals for tickets for the game would be appreciated to.

tank44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank44 View Post

I'm coming to town next weekend (Jan 26-28) and was hoping to get out to see the Kings-Coyotes game on Saturday night. I so far am staying downtown and was not planning to get a rental car. how much would a taxi from the downtown near the US Airlines arena be to the Glendale arena? Would it be better to rent a car?

Rent a car. You need it to get anywhere and everywhere in AZ. Given cab rides to and from the arena and airport, I'd imagine the rental would pay for itself.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Rent a car. You need it to get anywhere and everywhere in AZ. Given cab rides to and from the arena and airport, I'd imagine the rental would pay for itself.
Yes. Cabs here cost a fortune and everything if fifty miles apart. You could buy a cheap car for the cab fare you'd spend.

01-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Rebranded Fan
naurutger's hero

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank44 View Post

Renting a car would be your best option. I am not sure it would be this high but from this website, it would be around $100 for a round trip cab:

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.p...hoenix+Stadium

Rebranded Fan is offline   Reply With Quote