HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Gainey's comment on the team

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Bob Gainey's comment on the team

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199961.html

Quote:
"Il n'y a pas de numéro un, a tranché Gainey lors de son point de presse quotidien. La situation des gardiens n'est pas différente de celle des trios. A Montréal, il n'y a pas de trios numéro un, deux, trois ou quatre.
Translation:

There are no number ones, said Gainey during his daily press conference. The goaltending situation is no different than that of the lines. In Montreal, there's no first, second, third or fourth line.

This may be very cliché from Gainey but I love this attitude and approach. It focuses on the TEAM aspect and not that of individual success. Great philosophy which will no doubt pay dividends. It already has been as of late

Old
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Seeing as our sum is greater than our parts, giving an all-for-the-team attitude is a great way to make the players feel IMO

Old
03-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/199961.html

Translation:

There are no number ones, said Gainey during his daily press conference. The goaltending situation is no different than that of the lines. In Montreal, there's no first, second, third or fourth line.

This may be very cliché from Gainey but I love this attitude and approach. It focuses on the TEAM aspect and not that of individual success. Great philosophy which will no doubt pay dividends. It already has been as of late
I don't think that we have no number 1 goalie has anything to do with a TEAM aspect, or attitude or such. I think it has to do with the fact that we have two goalies who neither have really established themselves at this point in their careers as no doubt #1 guys. I'm pretty sure if Roberto Luongo or Martin Broduer was acquired by Montreal in the past few days we would have a definate #1 goalie.

03-10-2006, 08:16 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I don't think that we have no number 1 goalie has anything to do with a TEAM aspect, or attitude or such. I think it has to do with the fact that we have two goalies who neither have really established themselves at this point in their careers as no doubt #1 guys. I'm pretty sure if Roberto Luongo or Martin Broduer was acquired by Montreal in the past few days we would have a definate #1 goalie.

Yeah, true considering this was a comment answering the goalie situation and that he had stated numerous times that Theo was our #1 when he was still with us (although this was no doubt an attempt to boost is confidence)

Old
03-10-2006, 09:34 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Do we have no no.1 because Gainey wanted to stress the team concept or since none of our goalies are no.1 it was the best way to go?
Bob might not want a no.1. Or at the very least he certainly has time to wait and he is a patient man.

Old
03-10-2006, 09:40 PM
mclusky*

Quote:

Old
03-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky

Why are you laughing at a completely valid opinion?

Old
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
mclusky*

The obviousness of the statement just really tickled my funny-bone, as well as confused me.

Old
03-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

If the Habs had had Aebischer this week, it wouldn't have been necessary to overwork Huet and perhaps they could have eked out another point. Or is this also too obvious?

Old
03-11-2006, 12:10 AM
HabuseMoi

The whole "focusing on the team" thing is really great. It's been such a long time since I did not see the kind of attitude the team currently has. Everyone is stepping up for each other, we have 3 lines that can score and everyone on the team is throwing their weight around.

There is no line number, no first or second goalie and egos are put aside for the team.... ITS BEAUTIFUL

Old
03-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Form and Substance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi
The whole "focusing on the team" thing is really great. It's been such a long time since I did not see the kind of attitude the team currently has. Everyone is stepping up for each other, we have 3 lines that can score and everyone on the team is throwing their weight around.

There is no line number, no first or second goalie and egos are put aside for the team.... ITS BEAUTIFUL
Your handle will become legendary soon enough. Brilliant, on par with Don'tcryformeJanHrdina et al.

Old
03-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi

Gainey separate the lines of Julien ...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribs-Kovalev
Bulis-Plekanek-Zednik

that very good because he devided the 3 better foward into 3 line and add rookie in each line . The rookie can learn of the veterant and that help very for their progression . We aren't dependant of one line and if one line dont work , another one will do the job .. very good idea and now , if Huet do poor job , Abi will remplace him very well and the inverse too ^^ . Very safe job and we got 8 defence .

Good Job Bob ! Its tha men

Old
03-11-2006, 06:48 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst
Gainey separate the lines of Julien ...

Higgins-Koivu-Ryder
Perezhogin-Ribs-Kovalev
Bulis-Plekanek-Zednik

that very good because he devided the 3 better foward into 3 line and add rookie in each line . The rookie can learn of the veterant and that help very for their progression . We aren't dependant of one line and if one line dont work , another one will do the job .. very good idea and now , if Huet do poor job , Abi will remplace him very well and the inverse too ^^ . Very safe job and we got 8 defence .

Good Job Bob ! Its tha men
Next year it might look like this.

Higgins/Koivu/Selanne ( the Finnish top duo and we KNOW they click )
Kost or Prez / Fast bigger center / Kovalev ( the russian line )
Kost or Perez/ Ribs/ Ryder ( re-unite ribs.ryder and add a shooter)
Begin/Pleks/Lapierre ( Heart,speed and youth )
Sitting in the stands should be two gritty speedy parts.

NEW D / Sauray
Komi/ Markov
Rivet/ Boullion
Dandy as the 7th. ( he is fast can step in on both sides of the ice )
sitting-

Old
03-11-2006, 07:29 AM
mcphee

There are certain things I've noticed about the combinations and style lately. Koivu having his minutes cut down, seems to have helped his game. His line is concentrating on playing a good shift and staying in the o zone. His points are coming on good situational plays, faceoff wins etc. He has aknack for controlling scrambled draws and feeding the point. I get a strong impression that he and Carbo are on a similar wavelength. Going forward, I don't think we'll see 80 point years, but solid,winning hockey.

I suspect Carbo loves what he sees of Pleks. Again, Carbo stresses taking advatage of situations, using speed when the opportunity is there,but don't chase the puck when there's no play.

Bowman's strength was in putting players in situations where they would succeed. I think Gainey has found ways to get more out ofboth Souray and Komisarek. We seem to be seeing what they can do rather than what they can't.

KOvalev and Ribs ? I think the staff has stepped back a bit and said, do it your way, but play it tough in your own zone. I don't see Kovalev as being too coachable, and that's not necessarily a criticism. He and Ribs can have a godawful 1st period and combine on a winning goal in the 3rd. Some guys need coaching, some guys don't.

I think they'd love a little more production. Bonk, Perez, maybe a few others have to contribute more, but player for player, they seem to be on the same page these days.

Closed Thread