HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ohio Blue Jackets

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquiring Minds View Post
I for one would welcome a name change under the theory that anything to confuse the Hockey gods would be a good thing.
-Go ahead and curse those nasty Columbus Blue Jackets; but those new guys the Ohio Blue Jackets? Hmmmm. Well let's give those guys a break or two.
You're thoroughly confused. It would be more like....

"Ohio Blue Jackets? They were destined to make the conference finals while known as Columbus, but they wish to be grouped in with Cleveland as well, and we're just never finished torturing Cleveland through sports."

Old
04-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I'd have to punch someone in the nose if they starting chanting " O - H - I - O " anywhere, anytime.
Fixed, and now I agree with you.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:21 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

There is only one thing that needs to be done regarding the name -- acknowledge the name is for the Native American warrior and not for the somewhat concocted Civil War tale that remains the official story.

BOOM. Curse lifted. Cup lifted.

Old
04-19-2012, 02:04 PM
FANonymous

It will never happen. What three letters would they use to represent the team on sports shows? OBJ? OHJ? OHB? It just doesn't work.

Old
04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
A name change would suck.

I've seen better. I've liked better.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:10 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I've seen better. I've liked better.
That was a classic.
My favorite, however, had an orange barrel logo and the team renamed "RUMPKE".
Have to dig that one up.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:49 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
It will never happen. What three letters would they use to represent the team on sports shows? OBJ? OHJ? OHB? It just doesn't work.
OBJ sounds like a favor with orange juice.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
The Ohio Glory worked, even I bought season tickets, had fun and loved the name...

If the CBJ don't start winning soon a nick name change might be a plausible consideration, few have ever been able to convince the NHL population (or CBJ fans for that matter) what the nick name was based on. If I was rich enough to buy the team not only would management be changed but I would also strongly consider a completely new start, including the nick name.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:55 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The Ohio Glory worked, even I bought season tickets, had fun and loved the name...

If the CBJ don't start winning soon a nick name change might be a plausible consideration, few have ever been able to convince the NHL population (or CBJ fans for that matter) what the nick name was based on. If I was rich enough to buy the team not only would management be changed but I would also strongly consider a completely new start, including the nick name.
I had tickets for the Glory as well. It was the Glory part that didn't work - and the fact our head coach was an idiot.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I had tickets for the Glory as well. It was the Glory part that didn't work - and the fact our head coach was an idiot.
Yeah, they needed more work but man I had fun at those games... but it was new, I even had exceptional fun with the origninal losing CBJ seasons for many years, now, not so much.

Old
04-19-2012, 08:59 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Yeah, they needed more work but man I had fun at those games... but it was new and I even had fun with the origninal losing CBJ seasons for three or four years, now, not so much.
The one game they won was fun. And the Beach Boys played afterwards! Screw you Frankfurt!

Old
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
CBJCougar

I, personally, think they should change their name to Cougar's Blue Jackets, but...you know...LOL

Old
04-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
There is only one thing that needs to be done regarding the name -- acknowledge the name is for the Native American warrior and not for the somewhat concocted Civil War tale that remains the official story.

BOOM. Curse lifted. Cup lifted.
Your theory that nothing will end a curse faster than being associated with an Indian warrior is an interesting one. Let me pop in my tape of "Poltergeist" to see if there's any credence to it.

WHY?????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
I'm sure the fact that Babe Laufenberg was expected to carry the offense had nothing to do with the team's struggles.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Cyclones Rock

The Kalamazoo Wings of the old AAA IHL changed their name to the Michigan Wings in 1995 in hopes of broadening their fan base.

As with most empty marketing ploys, the name change didn't move the needle. The team went defunct.

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 04-20-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old
04-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyII View Post

BTW, I believe Tim Horton's is owned by Wendy's, a Columbus company and I don't think there are any in the Cleveland area or Northern Ohio. As for Skyline Chili, don't they have locations all over Columbus? I highly doubt there are any advertisers in the building that don't have a presence in Columbus.
Wendy's used to own a share of Tim Horton's and was a key part of them being able to expand into the US from Canada but I'm pretty sure Wendy's sold all of their interest in Tim Horton's a few years ago.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Is this topic even thread-worthy? The source of the rumor is some guy in Montana quoting his cousin in Dayton, for crying out loud.

If this was a trade rumor, the thread would have shut down within minutes.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:20 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Your theory that nothing will end a curse faster than being associated with an Indian warrior is an interesting one. Let me pop in my tape of "Poltergeist" to see if there's any credence to it.

WHY?????????
I see what you're getting at, but in this case I think we've been disrespecting Blue Jacket's ghost by acting like we're not really named for him. By admitting it, we respect him and set his spirit free ...

Playoff games won while this name charade has gone on: 0.
Fact.

SET HIM FREE!!!!

Old
04-20-2012, 08:33 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

WHY?????????

I'm sure the fact that Babe Laufenberg was expected to carry the offense had nothing to do with the team's struggles.
Well, things got a little better when Greg Frey came in mid-season, but that offense was a wreck! Defense and special teams left a lot to be desired too, but they had guys who could make plays.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:33 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Wendy's used to own a share of Tim Horton's and was a key part of them being able to expand into the US from Canada but I'm pretty sure Wendy's sold all of their interest in Tim Horton's a few years ago.
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Is this topic even thread-worthy? The source of the rumor is some guy in Montana quoting his cousin in Dayton, for crying out loud.

If this was a trade rumor, the thread would have shut down within minutes.
This is what happens when the team misses the playoffs. You can only talk about the draft and how much Howson sucks for so long.

04-20-2012, 08:34 AM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
I see what you're getting at, but in this case I think we've been disrespecting Blue Jacket's ghost by acting like we're not really named for him. By admitting it, we respect him and set his spirit free ...

Playoff games won while this name charade has gone on: 0.
Fact.

SET HIM FREE!!!!
Let's offer a fifth of fire water at his grave. It worked for the Memorial Tournament!

Old
04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
jacks johnson

Columbus Convicts (only fitting since arena built on old pen site). And we fire a bar of soap on a rope out of the cannon when we score a goal !

Old
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks Johnson View Post
Columbus Convicts (only fitting since arena built on old pen site). And we fire a bar of soap on a rope out of the cannon when we score a goal !
No they should be call the Columbus Parking Attendants since the arena was build on top of an old parking lot.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 04-20-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old
04-20-2012, 09:14 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Better yet--the Ohio Pens because of the State Penitentiary...and to really confuse Penguin fans when they invade the Arena.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:23 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
This was what I wanted when they were trying to figure out the name!

Old
04-20-2012, 10:25 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
No they should be call the Columbus Parking Attendants since the arena was build on top of an old parking lot.
You think essentially 12 years of losing hockey and just plain bad luck is just coincidence??? I think not...Penitentiary Curse is in full effect!

Closed Thread