Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sutter and Flames Part Ways

Old
04-14-2012, 06:31 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

vCash: 500
Speculation, but if Canucks lose this series AV might be available...

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Personally I'd pass on Therien. His last 2 stints in both Montreal and Pittsburg did not end well. Not saying guys can't change, but I think we could do better.

I'm really pissed we missed out on Muller. I think he is the exact type of coach this team needs going forward. I also think it is really important that we get a players coach, we need a guy that our vets want to play for. I also Maclean in Ottawa would be the type of coach we need.

Last edited by Johnny Hoxville: 04-14-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 09:53 PM
mjw22

Maybe they could lure Scotty Bowman out of retirement . Then coach and cores age would be a better fit .

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:01 PM
OrrwastheBeatles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
Maybe they could lure Scotty Bowman out of retirement . Then coach and cores age would be a better fit .
What I find old is your act

OrrwastheBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 10:06 PM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrwastheBeatles View Post
What I find old is your act
Fits with the Flame theme old is gold In 2-3 years they won't have a choice a total rebuild will be needed. I can wait I suffered through the young gun era this is about the same .Until they do something tangible to show that being a contender not a pretender is a priority then my money I spend on tickets & merchandise will be diverted to the WHL . I'm not going to support another "lets retool and win with Iggy" campaign.

Old
04-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Fits with the Flame theme old is gold In 2-3 years they won't have a choice a total rebuild will be needed. I can wait I suffered through the young gun era this is about the same .Until they do something tangible to show that being a contender not a pretender is a priority then my money I spend on tickets & merchandise will be diverted to the WHL . I'm not going to support another "lets retool and win with Iggy" campaign.
Considering you post three different things sixty times each, I'm hoping that this means that you and your one trick pony will leave the grown-ups alone to discuss actual issues surrounding the Flames instead of having us tolerating the variations of your posts.

Last edited by Noori: 04-18-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: flaming
Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:36 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
I just puked in my mouth a little bit. That guy is scum.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:59 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

Quote:
You are advocating a rebuild, and then using the flames failed rebuild as evidence why?

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Unlimited Chequing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

vCash: 0
Quote:
IF he was available, I'm sure Montreal would jump at the chance to snag him up. He's just what they need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I just puked in my mouth a little bit. That guy is scum.
Not to mention everytime I look at him, I think of the ladybug on A Bug's Life. He even has that mark on his cheek.

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
It would be hard for this team as a fanbase to accept AV, but his record is pretty good. I don't let rivalries cloud my ambition for success, so if this team stays with the same group of players, a guy like AV might be beneficial.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
You are advocating a rebuild, and then using the flames failed rebuild as evidence why?
Yeah, we need a lot more of this...

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:02 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Did anyone else find it funny that when asked about the Flames Sutter said we didn't have the pieces to be a playoff team, and yet every year before he got he this core made the playoffs.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Did anyone else find it funny that when asked about the Flames Sutter said we didn't have the pieces to be a playoff team, and yet every year before he got he this core made the playoffs.
Funny? No.

Ironic (because he was apparently "advising" Feaster in player personnel matters) yes.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:23 PM
madmike77

Quote:
I'm not going to say the Flames shouldn't trade Iginla and Kiprusoff - but aside from those two the team isn't really that old. Even including those two the Flames are now in the middle of the pack age-wise. They're a lot younger now than they used to be.

madmike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 06:45 PM
erik19

I'd like to see Tim Hunter behind the Flames bench.

erik19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 10:31 PM
mjw22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Considering you post three different things sixty times each, I'm hoping that this means that you and your one trick pony will leave the grown-ups alone to discuss actual issues surrounding the Flames instead of having us tolerating the variations of your posts - all of which have the intelligence level of a brain damaged chimpanzee.
Ok Stewie heres a 4th variation. How many coaches do we fire before Iggy and others get the fricking message that playing when it moves ya isnt good enough . If you are unclear on this see the last 3 seasons and the 1 and done play off successes before that . OH ya we got a dynasty here. I'd love to pay for more of the same

Old
04-18-2012, 10:37 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Ok Stewie heres a 4th variation. How many coaches do we fire before Iggy and others get the fricking message that playing when it moves ya isnt good enough . If you are unclear on this see the last 3 seasons and the 1 and done play off successes before that . OH ya we got a dynasty here. I'd love to pay for more of the same
Who is the core serious question?

Old
04-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Nordberg

I think there's a good chance we can get our hands on either Quenneville or McLellan if the Hawks/Sharks get bounced in the first round. I'd be pretty happy with either of those.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:54 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
I think there's a good chance we can get our hands on either Quenneville or McLellan if the Hawks/Sharks get bounced in the first round. I'd be pretty happy with either of those.
There is no way Quenneville becomes available. The guy had a team that was considered a bubble team at the start of the season a threat for the President's Trophy. The Blues had low expectations coming into this season. A loss to the Sharks means nothing to the coach's job. The Sharks may have a different story, but not the Blues.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
There is no way Quenneville becomes available. The guy had a team that was considered a bubble team at the start of the season a threat for the President's Trophy. The Blues had low expectations coming into this season. A loss to the Sharks means nothing to the coach's job. The Sharks may have a different story, but not the Blues.
I think you have the coaches mixed up?

Hitchcock coaches the Blues, Quenneville is coach of the Hawks.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 07:53 PM
TheHudlinator

There is speculation that Babcock isn't happy in Detroit if he does leave I doubt we are high on the list of places to go but in a perfect world we could get him.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
There is speculation that Babcock isn't happy in Detroit if he does leave I doubt we are high on the list of places to go but in a perfect world we could get him.
We could be, he has ties to both Lethbridge and Red Deer, Calgary wouldn't be too much of a stretch

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
I think it's more than just speculation, but it will probably require at least one more season of decline for the Wings before something drastic happens there with Babcock.

Nordberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:57 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I think you have the coaches mixed up?

Hitchcock coaches the Blues, Quenneville is coach of the Hawks.
Yeah, I have my coaces mixed up. I can't see Chicago dumping their coach either. If they did I'd welcome him here though. Not sure how happy some of the players would be.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
flames123

I know I'm a little late to this party but Sutter was an excellent coach he just had nothing to work with. I wish him all the best and I am disappointed to see him go. Calgary was a good fit for him but it appears as though management is looking in a new direction for the team and coaching and Brent is best coaching a playoff team.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote