HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call you all out ..

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2012, 06:30 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Yup, that 1.66 GAA, .940 SV %, and 1 shutout have been downright awful!

Don't forget, the offense has been lights out! Hank is supposed to win every game we score 2 goals in regulation! ****ing awful goalie!
Goalie stats in general are off the charts good all around. Hanks's stats of 1.97 GAA and .940 SV% put Hank above average for goalie stats in the playoffs this year.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Goalie stats in general are off the charts good all around. Hanks's stats of 1.97 GAA and .940 SV% put Hank above average for goalie stats in the playoffs this year.
We also play the 5th best offensive team in the league. Statistics only tell so much. Hank has been excellent for us, he has done what is expected of him, which is alot. He's been our MVP, as always.

As for the rest of the team, there is alot more to be asked from them. Ottawa is a bad matchup, they are fast, their transition game is very fast and they are winning the board battles which are so crucial for our game. With that said, without some unlucky bounces, this could've been a 4-0 series already, but that's what you get when you decide to turtle as soon as you have a lead and stop playing hockey. Then you get the bounces against you.

And oh, the dumb, horrific passes have to stop. That our PP is back into brutal mode isn't helping either, we don't have the even strength offense to make up for that. There are alot of more talented teams out there than the Rangers and it's our work ethic that wins us games. When we get outworked, of course we will struggle.

Last edited by Chimp: 04-20-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old
04-20-2012, 07:15 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I see titles of thread that say Dubi, Stepan, Richards all about the guys not playing well and costing the team a chance to advance but when the hell is anyone going to call out Hank? The so called King of NYC is a pure horror show in OT and has been out played once again in the series by a guy with half his talent.. 3-1 lead vs Caps a few yrs ago we lose the series shoot out vs the flyers to make playoffs we lose the shoot out and now this.. Until he wins in the plays off he is not even as good as Steve Weeks so sorry but the king is weak in the crunch
aside from the Turris goal in OT, Hank has played better than his counter part in this series.

In fact, Hank is the ONLY reason we are not down 3-1

no one will argue the softie he gave up in the last game, but he has saved out bacon in this series more than any other player.

He doesn't deserve this overall critisizm, the OT stuff, yeah, but the overall post is way off base.

Old
04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Logically, if Henrik is playing poorly with a .940, 1.97, he must be the greatest goaltender to ever play the game.

I'm not convinced that there is a leg to stand on here. Lundqvist, Boyle, Stralman, Callahan have been our best players this series.

04-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Chris 84

I know what will save us Dagoon. If we can just get our hands on Joel Rechlicz we'll be fine, right?

Old
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

I love the boards have been peaceful all year, and now as soon as the Rangers are struggling in the playoffs, all these people come out of the woodwork just to trash the team.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
SaveByLundqvist

I think the Rangers should call some of their fans out, the series is 2-2 and we have home ice. This is a special team and have given us every reason this season to believe in them.

See you guys in round two.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
I love the boards have been peaceful all year, and now as soon as the Rangers are struggling in the playoffs, all these people come out of the woodwork just to trash the team.
Not sure if serious.....

Old
04-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

The man, if u can call him that since he spends the majority of his time in God-Mode, is all that's keeping this team from being lottery contenders perennially.

Ridiculous

Old
04-20-2012, 08:31 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post

Old
04-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Discuss the topic without taking personal shots at people, or don't discuss it at all.

Last edited by Trxjw: 04-20-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old
04-20-2012, 08:49 AM
EDDIE20*

The series isn't over by any means. I was on another forum last night and some Sens fans were already planning for the second round. I still say the Rangers can surprise everyone.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:52 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Not sure if serious.....
Let me rephrase....

Peaceful for HFboards.

I don't mean peaceful in the normal world. lol

You still had people who would whine and complain, but now that the Rangers have struggled I notice people who don't post that much popping up and spouting a bunch of negative BS.

Old
04-20-2012, 09:19 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Too me both arguments are valid. Yes, Hank stops about 93-94% of the shots he sees and yes that is a FANTASTIC save % putting him in the elite status of goaltenders. However, there is a difference between overall great play and elevating your game when it matters most. Hanks is consistently fantastic but he has never shown the ability to "shut the door" when he's needed to flip that switch. Certain goaltenders (like Mike Richter) would just flip a switch and shut it down. 1 OT, 2OT's, doesn't matter. Nothing is getting in no matter what. You can argue all day which is the better guy to have to win a cup. The one who stops 93% of everything he sees or the guy who lets a few more in but is at his best when it matters most...

Old
04-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Too me both arguments are valid. Yes, Hank stops about 93-94% of the shots he sees and yes that is a FANTASTIC save % putting him in the elite status of goaltenders. However, there is a difference between overall great play and elevating your game when it matters most. Hanks is consistently fantastic but he has never shown the ability to "shut the door" when he's needed to flip that switch. Certain goaltenders (like Mike Richter) would just flip a switch and shut it down. 1 OT, 2OT's, doesn't matter. Nothing is getting in no matter what. You can argue all day which is the better guy to have to win a cup. The one who stops 93% of everything he sees or the guy who lets a few more in but is at his best when it matters most...
Did you watch game 3?

Mike Richter was infamous for letting in last minute and weak goals, especially in the 94 run. Consider the team in front of him and other goaltenders before making a silly argument like this one.

Old
04-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
Soooo, the shutout in game 3? What was that?

Old
04-20-2012, 09:55 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
ya man i respect a lot of what you talk about, but this is dumb.

hank hasn't stood a chance with the team infront of him in the playoffs. there's no forecheck, no playing our game once it gets to the 5 on 5 overtime. been that way since the lockoiut. clam up like a bunch of pansies

Old
04-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
I didn't say he sucked I said he lost 2 very winnable games. His rebound control is awful so far watch how many pucks he kick directly back into the slot how many puck has he dropped without catching it clean . He is good and game 3 showed that but he can't lose a series to Anderson and ever be taken serious .. Hank is the king of ny because for years he was the star now the team is legit and he needs to elevavate his game

Old
04-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
I didn't say he sucked I said he lost 2 very winnable games. His rebound control is awful so far watch how many pucks he kick directly back into the slot how many puck has he dropped without catching it clean . He is good and game 3 showed that but he can't lose a series to Anderson and ever be taken serious .. Hank is the king of ny because for years he was the star now the team is legit and he needs to elevavate his game
So It's his fault DZ scored on him and Staal let a puck bounce threw his legs for a shot no goalie could stop, in game 2. It's also his fault the team can't score more than 2 goals. If he gives up 2 goals, he automatically sucks and every thing is his fault. I see. How about the team show up in OT and score a goal. I guess that Semin goal on TT was weak as well. It's not like the puck wasnt savable or anything...

Old
04-20-2012, 10:11 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
I see titles of thread that say Dubi, Stepan, Richards all about the guys not playing well and costing the team a chance to advance but when the hell is anyone going to call out Hank? The so called King of NYC is a pure horror show in OT and has been out played once again in the series by a guy with half his talent.. 3-1 lead vs Caps a few yrs ago we lose the series shoot out vs the flyers to make playoffs we lose the shoot out and now this.. Until he wins in the plays off he is not even as good as Steve Weeks so sorry but the king is weak in the crunch
*Sigh* Seriously with this thread?

Quote:
Out played so far again in this series guys take the blinders off he has won nothing repeat nothing in the playoffs ever
He has NOT been outplayed in this series so far. Anderson is just better than people give him credit for..and have you forgotten his shut out in game 3? He played like an absolute monster, and if it wasn't for him we would be down 3-1 in this series, cause this team can't freaking score. How bout Gaborik score some freaking goals or Duby or Richards for that matter? When Brian Boyle is leading your freaking team in goal scoring in the playoffs, there is a SERIOUS problem.

They need to win tomorrow and either Richards or Gaborik (or both) needs to step up and be the reason(s) why we do it. Plain and simple. Henke is not the problem!

Old
04-20-2012, 10:14 AM
robwrx04

Bury him in Hartford!

Old
04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
frankthefrowner

This whole thread is insane... Hank has been fine. This team has flat out STOPPED doing what made it successful in the first place. They dont attack there honestly at the moment playing Like Tom Renney's version of the rangers.

My hope is with the 2 days off Torts has reminded them what this system is and kicked some of these guys in the *****.

Also with the So and So hasnt shown up in the playoffs nonsesne, this is what happens some series people play better than others, right now Hank Boyle Cally McD Girardi and Staal are the Stand outs. Next series if we make there Richards and Gabby could end up carry this club.

Name me one team in the playoffs right now where EVERYONE is contributing and no one can say i expected more from x y and z.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Slenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarSv View Post
Haven't been here for a couple of days but this board is out of control
Must be the mad cow disease going around.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strap View Post
Hank has been playing lights out. Hockey is a TEAM sport, not a singles competition. He usually has no scoring support, that is the problem, not our goaltending. Name me a better goalie in the world. Go ahead. You seem to always have a beef with Hank. Why is that? He probably refused to visit your 5 ***** establishment, I think.
It's probably because he's Euro.

Old
04-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
He lost two very winnable games?

No.

The team did.

I love Torts, but he is to blame, along with the rest of the team. Hank doesn't forechecking, play offense or play defense.

What has Anderson gone through that Lundqvist hasn't? Give Anderson a decent offense to face and he plays like he did in Game 1.

The team needs to elevate their game more if you say Hank does. Where's Dubi? Stepan? Where's the offense? Where's your fighters?

Closed Thread