Horvat has the most lethal toe drag I have ever seen

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:28 AM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
When asked yesterday who he would choose if he could pick any player to be his partner, defenseman Jacob Middleton, drafted 8th overall by Owen Sound, said Aaron Ekblad.

They played together in the summer at the NHLPA camp, but still, that tells you something!
ya I saw that too, I was surprised to hear his answer. I guess he stuck to reality when the question was about fantasy. I was expecting an answer like Bobby Orr or something like that.

Hopefully he wont be too disappointed with the defense core of Owen Sound. I can't wait to see him play as I'm sure Ireland will throw him right into the lineup right away.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 12:04 AM
JSavoire

vCash: 500
If I had to pick a consensus #1 overall it would be Nick Ritchie. And being only 2 months older than Ekblad is pretty impressive considering he's playing on a team in the rebuilding phase for sure. And I'd agree that no mention of Bo Horvat on that list was way off and you can't compare Bo to guys getting regular top 6 ice and PP. Special teams translates to lots of opportunities for extra points.

JSavoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 05:22 PM
NHL Fanatic

It is interesting to see how Nurse has progressed over the last couple years. He was a very dynamic offensive defensemen that could create off the rush. He has considerably toned down his game and plays more of a defensive defensemen type role. He is more of a shut down defensemen and plays the body extremely well. Although he does need to improve his strength, he skating is very good for his size. Scouts always leave wanting to see more from him, he will still end up going in the 1st round IMO.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:39 AM
bidzey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
It is interesting to see how Nurse has progressed over the last couple years. He was a very dynamic offensive defensemen that could create off the rush. He has considerably toned down his game and plays more of a defensive defensemen type role. He is more of a shut down defensemen and plays the body extremely well. Although he does need to improve his strength, he skating is very good for his size. Scouts always leave wanting to see more from him, he will still end up going in the 1st round IMO.
for me I rate a defenceman mostly on his +- rating. It's not his job to score, but to prevent the other team from scoring. I think this stat is pretty much an accurate measurement of a defenceman performance. The stat may lie and not show the truth about a perticular defenceman when you use it for 1 or maybe even 5 games, but over the long haull this stat pretty much speaks for the defenceman.

I've been trying to keep an eye on Nurse in the U-18, I wish they would keep track of the +- rating in their stats but I'm either blind or they're not just keeping that stat.

bidzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:22 PM
PacoSanchez15

Nurse got more comfortable as the season went on, near the end he was jumping in the rush a lot and came close to scoring on plenty of occasions.

I will agree that he needs to get stronger but that will come.

Quote:
I've been trying to keep an eye on Nurse in the U-18, I wish they would keep track of the +- rating in their stats but I'm either blind or they're not just keeping that stat.
Nurse is +4 through 5 games.

http://www.iihf.com/competition/292/statistics.html

PacoSanchez15 is offline   Reply With Quote