HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Old
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Lapierre was attracting too much attention in Montreal for martin's and the habs taste... A TV show (even if it was his house deco), popular with girls and people, out going... Too much for that grey & beige organisation
this is so true....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:12 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Let me put it this way, if you manage to find a player like AK with a second round draft pick you hit a home run. If Kristo has a career anything like that, Timmins is going to be called a genius for picking him.

I know people overrate Kostitsyn, just as they do Cammalleri and even Pouliot to make things look even worse than they were. But that trade made no sense, especially after getting rid of Cammy.
With a GM like Gauthier I am not suprised at all.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
Clipitar

Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK
Have him retire, hire him as an assistant-coach so he'd give a lesson to Tinordi about how to play the octopus on a PK....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:17 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:

STORY LINK
I think he would make a defensive great coach someday. He can start by coaching a college team.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Have him retire, hire him as an assistant-coach so he'd give a lesson to Tinordi about how to play the octopus on a PK....
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I think he would make a defensive great coach someday. He can start by coaching a college team.
I've always been a fan of that idea as well. He could be captain Kirk, version 2.0. Even more than his elite PK abilities, his premiere legacy as a Hab has been his contagious charisma and effortless leadership.

To get his communication skills and deep understanding of positional play in crucial defensive situations behind the bench would really be the best of both worlds (he shouldn't be more than a 7th D if he decides to go for another NHL season).

And as stated in this article, I don't think convincing his family to settle down in Montreal for a long while would be an issue...

Old
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

STORY LINK
He's not a healthy scratch, he's injured.
Also, Trotz had nothing but good things to say about Gill, and said hopefully he can get back soon enough as it would help Weber/Suter a lot more in dropping their ice time on the PK.

He also doesn't seem bitter about leaving. Certainly not overly happy about it because he liked the team/city, but he understands it's part of the game.
Seems more disappointed with the fact we fired the coach, and nothing changed.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I agree but I'd say it's better for him to play as long as he wants to first. I think he's got a coaching career or at the very least a media career on lock if he ever wished to pursue one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree but I'd say it's better for him to play as long as he wants to first. I think he's got a coaching career or at the very least a media career on lock if he ever wished to pursue one.
I'd love to see him interviewing players during intermissions. He has the understanding of the game to ask insightful questions, the sense of humour to play along with anyone trying to have some fun in an interview and it'd make a nice change to see the players having to look up at the interviewer rather than the other way around

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Hugo Sham

interesting article on Hal gill by labbe- gill essentially blames cunneyworth (and gauthier) for not changing anything when he was hired..says players waited for tactical change and nothing happened

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-na-change.php

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's not a healthy scratch, he's injured.
Also, Trotz had nothing but good things to say about Gill, and said hopefully he can get back soon enough as it would help Weber/Suter a lot more in dropping their ice time on the PK.

He also doesn't seem bitter about leaving. Certainly not overly happy about it because he liked the team/city, but he understands it's part of the game.
Seems more disappointed with the fact we fired the coach, and nothing changed.
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak. He definitely seems ticked off by the situation, whether that's because he can't heal soon enough or that the team is fine winning games with him aside.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Macbeth

Quote:
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak. He definitely seems ticked off by the situation, whether that's because he can't heal soon enough or that the team is fine winning games with him aside.
I got from that he is questionnable for tonight, i.e. could go but still feels tender (or summat).

Either way, it's not like it's a problem for them; they can always plug him in for game six if things falters tonight.

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Flambergius

Quote:
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak.
FWIW, he's been listed as having lower body injury in all Preds playoff games, nor have the announcers said anything to the contrary.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
I got from that he is questionnable for tonight, i.e. could go but still feels tender (or summat).

Either way, it's not like it's a problem for them; they can always plug him in for game six if things falters tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambergius View Post
FWIW, he's been listed as having lower body injury in all Preds playoff games, nor have the announcers said anything to the contrary.
Yeah, I probably read too much into it.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Well as of last game, he was still injured. They said it during the game.
So, he hasn't been a healthy scratch. They don't need to rush him back, but he's not being left out.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
interesting article on Hal gill by labbe- gill essentially blames cunneyworth (and gauthier) for not changing anything when he was hired..says players waited for tactical change and nothing happened

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-na-change.php
with a resume of the article like that you could work for the JDM

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Incredible mohawk by hal gill!

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:24 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Incredible mohawk by hal gill!
Man he's grown into such a leader. He's really embraced being in Nashville. For an old guy to get on board with the kids like that, says a lot.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
I love me some Gill.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Man he's grown into such a leader. He's really embraced being in Nashville. For an old guy to get on board with the kids like that, says a lot.
38 ain't that old !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Karri Ramo on possibly returning to the NHL with the Flames

Gauthier fail.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395478

Quote:
He's been the starting goalie with Avangard Omsk ever since, posting a .925 save percentage the last two years and keeping his goals-against average under 2.00.

Quote:
"The feeling that I got was that I wasn't just put in that trade as a small part of it," Ramo said during the IIHF World Hockey Championship. "Obviously, Cammalleri and Rene Bourque were the biggest (part of the) deal, but I wasn't just left over. I definitely felt good about it, I was happy to hear it."

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
It doesn't say this at all... If you want to troll at least do it right.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
JHabs61

He wouldn't have done anything for us, so might as well trade him. Although we didn't get much for him. At least he's in a different conference.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Pretty sure he said the same **** when we traded for him.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
TheBuriedHab

I remember when people were freaking out because we traded Desjardins for him. Was not impressed when he was in the nhl. We will see how he does when he gets back.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote