HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part IV (All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-13-2012, 11:11 PM
  #676
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Lapierre was attracting too much attention in Montreal for martin's and the habs taste... A TV show (even if it was his house deco), popular with girls and people, out going... Too much for that grey & beige organisation
this is so true....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 11:12 PM
  #677
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Let me put it this way, if you manage to find a player like AK with a second round draft pick you hit a home run. If Kristo has a career anything like that, Timmins is going to be called a genius for picking him.

I know people overrate Kostitsyn, just as they do Cammalleri and even Pouliot to make things look even worse than they were. But that trade made no sense, especially after getting rid of Cammy.
With a GM like Gauthier I am not suprised at all.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:45 AM
  #678
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:14 AM
  #679
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,678
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK
Have him retire, hire him as an assistant-coach so he'd give a lesson to Tinordi about how to play the octopus on a PK....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:17 AM
  #680
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK
I think he would make a defensive great coach someday. He can start by coaching a college team.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:47 AM
  #681
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Have him retire, hire him as an assistant-coach so he'd give a lesson to Tinordi about how to play the octopus on a PK....
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I think he would make a defensive great coach someday. He can start by coaching a college team.
I've always been a fan of that idea as well. He could be captain Kirk, version 2.0. Even more than his elite PK abilities, his premiere legacy as a Hab has been his contagious charisma and effortless leadership.

To get his communication skills and deep understanding of positional play in crucial defensive situations behind the bench would really be the best of both worlds (he shouldn't be more than a 7th D if he decides to go for another NHL season).

And as stated in this article, I don't think convincing his family to settle down in Montreal for a long while would be an issue...

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:29 AM
  #682
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Interesting interview with Hall Gill. It really transpires how he never wanted to leave the Habs in the first place. The fact he's a (now) healthy scratch with the Preds certainly won't help, but the guy sounds like he's still tattooed with the bleu-blanc-rouge, though that tattoo now feels stained.

Yet another guy leaving Montreal with a sour taste, thanks to Mr. "public relations" Gauthier! (not that it wasn't the right move to get something out of a pending UFA)

STORY LINK
He's not a healthy scratch, he's injured.
Also, Trotz had nothing but good things to say about Gill, and said hopefully he can get back soon enough as it would help Weber/Suter a lot more in dropping their ice time on the PK.

He also doesn't seem bitter about leaving. Certainly not overly happy about it because he liked the team/city, but he understands it's part of the game.
Seems more disappointed with the fact we fired the coach, and nothing changed.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
  #683
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,979
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Have him retire, hire him as an assistant-coach so he'd give a lesson to Tinordi about how to play the octopus on a PK....
I agree but I'd say it's better for him to play as long as he wants to first. I think he's got a coaching career or at the very least a media career on lock if he ever wished to pursue one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
  #684
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree but I'd say it's better for him to play as long as he wants to first. I think he's got a coaching career or at the very least a media career on lock if he ever wished to pursue one.
I'd love to see him interviewing players during intermissions. He has the understanding of the game to ask insightful questions, the sense of humour to play along with anyone trying to have some fun in an interview and it'd make a nice change to see the players having to look up at the interviewer rather than the other way around

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
  #685
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,731
vCash: 500
interesting article on Hal gill by labbe- gill essentially blames cunneyworth (and gauthier) for not changing anything when he was hired..says players waited for tactical change and nothing happened

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-na-change.php

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
  #686
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's not a healthy scratch, he's injured.
Also, Trotz had nothing but good things to say about Gill, and said hopefully he can get back soon enough as it would help Weber/Suter a lot more in dropping their ice time on the PK.

He also doesn't seem bitter about leaving. Certainly not overly happy about it because he liked the team/city, but he understands it's part of the game.
Seems more disappointed with the fact we fired the coach, and nothing changed.
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak. He definitely seems ticked off by the situation, whether that's because he can't heal soon enough or that the team is fine winning games with him aside.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:51 AM
  #687
Macbeth
Registered User
 
Macbeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Petite-Patrie, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak. He definitely seems ticked off by the situation, whether that's because he can't heal soon enough or that the team is fine winning games with him aside.
I got from that he is questionnable for tonight, i.e. could go but still feels tender (or summat).

Either way, it's not like it's a problem for them; they can always plug him in for game six if things falters tonight.

Macbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
  #688
Flambergius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak.
FWIW, he's been listed as having lower body injury in all Preds playoff games, nor have the announcers said anything to the contrary.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
  #689
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbeth View Post
I got from that he is questionnable for tonight, i.e. could go but still feels tender (or summat).

Either way, it's not like it's a problem for them; they can always plug him in for game six if things falters tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambergius View Post
FWIW, he's been listed as having lower body injury in all Preds playoff games, nor have the announcers said anything to the contrary.
Yeah, I probably read too much into it.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
  #690
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Reading that part of the article a 2nd time, it's not exactly clear if he's now recovered from his injury but still sitting out because of the Preds' current favourable streak. He definitely seems ticked off by the situation, whether that's because he can't heal soon enough or that the team is fine winning games with him aside.
Well as of last game, he was still injured. They said it during the game.
So, he hasn't been a healthy scratch. They don't need to rush him back, but he's not being left out.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:07 PM
  #691
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
interesting article on Hal gill by labbe- gill essentially blames cunneyworth (and gauthier) for not changing anything when he was hired..says players waited for tactical change and nothing happened

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...-na-change.php
with a resume of the article like that you could work for the JDM

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
  #692
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,861
vCash: 500
Incredible mohawk by hal gill!

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 06:24 AM
  #693
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Incredible mohawk by hal gill!
Man he's grown into such a leader. He's really embraced being in Nashville. For an old guy to get on board with the kids like that, says a lot.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 09:35 AM
  #694
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,403
vCash: 152
I love me some Gill.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM
  #695
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Man he's grown into such a leader. He's really embraced being in Nashville. For an old guy to get on board with the kids like that, says a lot.
38 ain't that old !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:09 PM
  #696
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,810
vCash: 500
Karri Ramo on possibly returning to the NHL with the Flames

Gauthier fail.


http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=395478


Quote:
He's been the starting goalie with Avangard Omsk ever since, posting a .925 save percentage the last two years and keeping his goals-against average under 2.00.

Quote:
"The feeling that I got was that I wasn't just put in that trade as a small part of it," Ramo said during the IIHF World Hockey Championship. "Obviously, Cammalleri and Rene Bourque were the biggest (part of the) deal, but I wasn't just left over. I definitely felt good about it, I was happy to hear it."

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
  #697
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 13,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
It doesn't say this at all... If you want to troll at least do it right.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:12 PM
  #698
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
He wouldn't have done anything for us, so might as well trade him. Although we didn't get much for him. At least he's in a different conference.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #699
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,933
vCash: 500
Pretty sure he said the same **** when we traded for him.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 08:14 PM
  #700
TheBuriedHab
Registered User
 
TheBuriedHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,207
vCash: 500
I remember when people were freaking out because we traded Desjardins for him. Was not impressed when he was in the nhl. We will see how he does when he gets back.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.