HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Feelings towards Riberio

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulPosition
Well, of course with you as PR officer for the official bashRib organisation, doing the rounds and lobbying every ******* forum on the internet, how could anyone forget? I could go to sleep confident that if ever I forget about this oh so very important fact of life during the night, you'll be right here tomorrow morning to hammer it into me again.

Ohhhh, thanks for that.
Gee. You must have caught me trolling while you were trolling. I thought that avatar looked familiar.

I seem to be disturbing your slumber. You look disheveled. Wake up and open your sinful brown eyes. Have some black coffee.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 03-10-2006 at 09:59 PM.
Old
03-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
Very valid point. For all the bad rap that Ribeiro takes for being (apparently) selfish, he was quick to accept a salary that seemed too little even to most on this forum who dislike Ribeiro.
He accepted a one-year deal after his best season. What will Gainey offer him this time after a less-good season? A modest raise? A plane ticket? Let's see what happens in the playoffs and afterwards.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

I have to respect Ribeiro for pulling off wearing pink, some man can some just can't, it's a rare gift wich I lack. Still, in my mind, he paid amends last night against Boston.

It seemed a nasty spear or maybe it wasn't but when Boyton cam after him he didn't turtle, he stood up and dropped his gloves.
I've seen him take sticks to the face and stay in the play instead of diving a la Markov like he used to. Hitting stuff like other players sometimes, and if his smirk and crooked hat can draw some penalties so you can see him put up a couple of points on the board, he's ok with me.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:12 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordchezz
Who are you to mock his post? Seriously...

He was presenting facts before asking the question to encourage informed unbiased answers.
unbiased answers ? how could someone encourage informed unbiased answers after being so biased in his presentation ...

It is really easy to describes elements in favor or playing againts someone .

Per exemple , you could say that the plus minus stats of Ribeiro prove that he's bad defensively , but you can also say that last season he was the 2 nd leader of the team with a plus 14 , and that Koivu was having a minus 5 . What does-it mean ? absolutly nothing , because we all know that Koivu is better than Ribs in this part of the game . But you could also say that Ribs is the forward of the team that have the highest number of takeways versus giveaways , as last season .So now he's suddenly good defensively ...

You can also say that after few weeks only , he was already minus 8 , and that now , he's still at -9 . So , for october to now , he's at -1 . At that moment , Saku was +5 ,no ? now he's +2 , so ...

You can also say that if Ribeiro was -8 at the begining of the season , it was more the fact of the bad play of Ryder who didn't have a training camp , so the minus of Ribeiro isn't representative of his play .

You see , it is so simple to turn the things as you want ...

Old
03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
unbiased answers ? how could someone encourage informed unbiased answers after being so biased in his presentation ...

Per exemple , you could say that the plus minus stats of Ribeiro prove that he's bad defensively , but you can also say that last season he was the 2 nd leader of the team with a plus 14 , and that Koivu was having a minus 5 . What does-it mean ? absolutly nothing , because we all know that Koivu is better than Ribs in this part of the game . But you could also say that Ribs is the forward of the team that have the highest number of takeways versus giveaways , as last season .So now he's suddenly good defensively ...

You can also say that after few weeks only , he was already minus 8 , and that now , he's still at -9 . So , for october to now , he's at -1 . At that moment , Saku was +5 ,no ? now he's +2 , so ...

You can also say that if Ribeiro was -8 at the begining of the season , it was more the fact of the bad play of Ryder who didn't have a training camp , so the minus of Ribeiro isn't representative of his play .

So Ribeiro was benched for 2 games because Ryder was playing badly? Astonishing!

Old
03-10-2006, 10:23 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Ribeiro is a little pr*ck who annoys the opposition. Sees the ice well, a superior playmaker who could put up a whole lot of points in the next few seasons. Only Montréal player who is from Montréal. I like him.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:

Simple, sure. Coming from the master of rhetoric...

His arguments(opinions, facts, comments, call then what you want) are as valid as yours and I think you lacked respect by laughing at his post. His thoughts are as valid as yours, mine or even Qwert's

Old
03-11-2006, 01:01 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

His arguments(opinions, facts, comments, call then what you want) are as valid as yours and I think you lacked respect by laughing at his post. His thoughts are as valid as yours, mine or even Qwert's
Lord chezze , i agree that his opinion his as valid as everybody else . My laughing wasn't for his opinion , LordCheeze , but for the way he locked the doors before asking his question . If he wanted us to give him HIS own answer , why asking the question ? why not just give his point of view ?

i would like to know your opinion ; witch meat you would like to eat ? this delicious ribsteak of beef or this pork chop , this meat you know that is more fat and sometime that could be dangerous for the health , if not cook well . It is also a fragile animal so they give them a lot of antibiotics for safety , because if one has a disease , all the other are going to get it .

So which one do you want to eat ?

Old
03-11-2006, 01:15 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:

i forget ...

Calling me the''master of the rhetoric '',is also a lack of respect for me; i don't have the chance to have a good english language , so it is difficult for me to write what i have in mind , but i do my best . Your ironic comment is very disgracefull.

Old
03-11-2006, 02:15 AM
J-D

Can't you leave the personal attacks out for one minute (or two)?

I don't care who started. If it slips too much this thread will be closed and warnings given.

Old
03-11-2006, 07:09 AM
mcphee

Quote:
i forget ...

Calling me the''master of the rhetoric '',is also a lack of respect for me; i don't have the chance to have a good english language , so it is difficult for me to write what i have in mind , but i do my best . Your ironic comment is very disgracefull.
Markov, chezz calling you a master of rhetoric should be taken as a compliment, on your debating skills in English. Like Ribeiro, he doesn't like the content, but says that you're pretty good at expressing it.

The thread title, I thought was a Barry Manilow song, but I guess not. Teuf, used the expression, 'abandoned waif', which made it worthwhile just for that.

I kind see how Ribeiro may not be a fan favorite. Early in the season, I thought he was working hard to play more of an all round game, but not getting much in the way of results, and the negative bandwagon started to fill. If I remember correctly, Mike 8 and I defended his play over the 1st 10 games or so. For whatever reason, the effort stalled, and became esp. noticeable during the injuiries.It became apparent that as well as he and Ryder clicked at one point 2 years ago, they were spending entire shifts chasing in their own end. Now, he's playing like 2 years ago. He'll have a horrendous shift,but given time, he'll find an opening and make a play. He doesn't always paly well,but makes something happen at some point. Ribs will always have to put up #'s, that's his game.

As for his future ? I think Gainey has his opinions, but I think Carbo may eventually tell his boss, 'I just can't work with this guy', or 'I like what he brings to the table'. I don't know. Personally, I find I like the guy more than I used to. Some comments get taken out of context, I think he could express himself a little bit better, he seems to be learning how quickly a little phrase can be turned around.

The team may need a different style of player in his position, maybe not. In the end, he doesn't remind me of Jean Beliveau, but otoh, he hasn't committed any capital offenses that I know about.

Anyways, I liked him Thursday night, he didn't turtle, lots would have.

Old
03-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Carbo N8

I'm not his biggest fan, but, his effort lately and particularily Thursday night has made me think better of him than I have in the past. If he keeps showing that type of effort, he could almost win me over.

I don't think he is the long term answer for this team to win the Cup, but, as long as he continues putting on the uniform & gives his best effort to contribute to the success of the team I will cheer for him.

If, for the rest of his career he resembles Ron Francis, I will become a huge fan of his & be happy that he proves me wrong, as long as he does it in a Montreal uniform.

Old
03-11-2006, 09:19 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Lord chezze , i agree that his opinion his as valid as everybody else . My laughing wasn't for his opinion , LordCheeze , but for the way he locked the doors before asking his question . If he wanted us to give him HIS own answer , why asking the question ? why not just give his point of view ?

i would like to know your opinion ; witch meat you would like to eat ? this delicious ribsteak of beef or this pork chop , this meat you know that is more fat and sometime that could be dangerous for the health , if not cook well . It is also a fragile animal so they give them a lot of antibiotics for safety , because if one has a disease , all the other are going to get it .

So which one do you want to eat ?
Well it depends on what kind of wine is being served with the dish

But in all seriousness, I should of used a smiley with that master of rhetoric comment. And Mcphee had it bang on with his comment: despite you subtle flaws with English (which aren't that bad and I applaud you for doing a great effort ), you manage to use good solid argumentation in your posts to try and convince us of your point of view. You pull out valid points instead of things like:

OMG they suck!!! Les Euros...more québecquois!! Trade Dagenais for Ovechkin because Washington needs the cap space!!

And so on. I think I'm a little faulty of being a tad too blunt when I dissagree with things said here. Mark0v, although I don't agree with a lot of things you say, I respect you as a poster. I just didn't think laughing at a guys attempt to bring his point accross was appropriate. Our opinions are all valid and we deserve to be heard (well most of us anyways).

Anywho, rant finished.

Respectfully,

Lordchezz

PS note the the lack of "E" at the end of my name

Old
03-11-2006, 09:27 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Well it depends on what kind of wine is being served with the dish

But in all seriousness, I should of used a smiley with that master of rhetoric comment. And Mcphee had it bang on with his comment: despite you subtle flaws with English (which aren't that bad and I applaud you for doing a great effort ), you manage to use good solid argumentation in your posts to try and convince us of your point of view. You pull out valid points instead of things like:

OMG they suck!!! Les Euros...more québecquois!! Trade Dagenais for Ovechkin because Washington needs the cap space!!

And so on. I think I'm a little faulty of being a tad too blunt when I dissagree with things said here. Mark0v, although I don't agree with a lot of things you say, I respect you as a poster. I just didn't think laughing at a guys attempt to bring his point accross was appropriate. Our opinions are all valid and we deserve to be heard (well most of us anyways).

Anywho, rant finished.

Respectfully,

Lordchezz

PS note the the lack of "E" at the end of my name

Old
03-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
So Koivu was competing with Jokinen to be the best player on the Finnish team rather than sacrificing to win honors for his country? That would seem to follow from your argument. I think you are on the wrong track.
1. Olympics and An Nhl 82 games regular season schedule are 2 completely different things.

2. Feeling a need to perform even better when you see your teammate closing the gap and/or having even a better sequence (competitiveness) is not opposite with sacrifying to win honors. Why would it be?

You are just assuming someone with "orgueil" (english?) cant give it all for his team which is dead wrong. I'm not on a wrong track, would you ask to Koivu if seeing Ribeiro improve performance put pressure on him, he would must certainly answer something along the board off: "No, it's great to see someone's else raising his play for the team, as a whole we become a better team, but it's must certainly a factor in my desire to raise my play also."

Old
03-11-2006, 10:11 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbo N8
I'm not his biggest fan, but, his effort lately and particularily Thursday night has made me think better of him than I have in the past. If he keeps showing that type of effort, he could almost win me over.

I don't think he is the long term answer for this team to win the Cup, but, as long as he continues putting on the uniform & gives his best effort to contribute to the success of the team I will cheer for him.

If, for the rest of his career he resembles Ron Francis, I will become a huge fan of his & be happy that he proves me wrong, as long as he does it in a Montreal uniform.
He has played much better recently, which tells me that BG and Carbo have been talking to him, and getting through...

Old
03-11-2006, 10:20 AM
RC51

SO what do I think about RIBS?

IF, RIbs plays as hard as he can for the rest of the season and every night, and does at least produce some offence, he will earn a chance to be reunited with Ryder, to bring back the duo both of them had in 2004. Ribs will be pushed out of 2nd centre next year. No long part of the 3 amigo's, it's way time he grows up and takes his responsibility.
Bulk up as much as you can, Keep improving his speed, and PLAY HARD.
DOn't. an you won't be here.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
He has played much better recently, which tells me that BG and Carbo have been talking to him, and getting through...
I think you're right.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they were able to turn him into the new Carbo.

Closed Thread