HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holloway makes history

Old
04-18-2012, 02:57 PM
rick3652

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Bud Holloway became the highest point producer today to ever play in the Swedish Elite League with 23pts in the playoffs.http://norran.se/2012/04/norrantv/ho...-ny-rekordman/
Maybe the league is very weak. An AHL player playing his first year is doing all that.

rick3652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Maybe the league is very weak. An AHL player playing his first year is doing all that.
By that logic you could say that "maybe the NHL is weak" since Kopitar went from average 3rd liner in SEL to near PPG 1st line C player in NHL in his first NHL season.

2005-2006 Södertälje Elitserien 47 8 12 20 28 | Kvalserien ES 10 7 4 11 6
2006-2007 Los Angeles Kings NHL 72 20 41 61 24

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
KingsfanInsano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I have no doubt that playing on the same team as Moller who he played with quite a bit in Manchester had a big part in his decision.

Honestly, looking back this might have been the every best thing for Holloway and Kings. Had he played in LA this year he would have been thrown around on the bottom lines, might not have found a role. In Sweden he was a top player, playing PP, PK being the goto guy. I know he was doing that in Manchester, but SEL is def ahead of AHL and it seems like Holloway might be able to step in as maybe a top 6 player for the Kings next year now. At very least with him coming back he will be the start of a true awesome 3rd line, IMO, hopefully LA welcomes him back. I have been a big fan of Holloway dating back to his Seattle days.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
King - Richards - Carter
Holloway -LOKTIONOV - Moller
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan
Richardson - Cliche
If Gagne returns or Kings get another solid top 6er in the off-season send down Cliche and Holloway/Moller/Loktionov/Nolan/King rotate in and out.
I don't think I would pencil Loktionov in that 3C spot. He looks extremely hesitant and afraid of any physical contact. I believe sutter noticed it and benched him in the third game. I think dislocating his shoulder a couple times scared the crap out of the kid. He needs to man up, I 've noticed that he is also hesitant after to whistle, to grab ahold of someone, to make sure his teammates don't get outnumbered as well... anyone else feel the same?

KingsfanInsano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:30 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsfanInsano View Post
I don't think I would pencil Loktionov in that 3C spot. He looks extremely hesitant and afraid of any physical contact. I believe sutter noticed it and benched him in the third game. I think dislocating his shoulder a couple times scared the crap out of the kid. He needs to man up, I 've noticed that he is also hesitant after to whistle, to grab ahold of someone, to make sure his teammates don't get outnumbered as well... anyone else feel the same?
I don't think he looks scared at all. I think he looks fine out there.

And he wasn't benched in game 3, he got injured that's why he didn't play anymore.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:36 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Hopefully both Holloway and Moller are back for training camp next season.
Why Moller? He brings nothing to the NHL game.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

And he wasn't benched in game 3, he got injured that's why he didn't play anymore.

But he was benched in Game Two.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
KingsfanInsano

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

How does he look fine? I haven't seen him win a single puck battle along the boards. nor have i seen him fight for the puck with his body, solely with his stick along the boards. You and I must not be watching the same games.

Old
04-18-2012, 04:49 PM
KingsfanInsano

Quote:
Speed??

Old
04-18-2012, 06:46 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3652 View Post
Dont forget that Bud had the highest points per game in the playooffs in the AHL last year also but they didnt go that far in.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 09:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
How does he look fine? I haven't seen him win a single puck battle along the boards. nor have i seen him fight for the puck with his body, solely with his stick along the boards. You and I must not be watching the same games.
I liked what Loki brought, but I wasn't following him for the physical play. He made a few nice offensive zone plays and didn't look out of place defensively. Maybe we are just watching different shifts, or noticing different things is all.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
Quote:
Speed??
Not really.

Rod if you are going to shake your head, feel free to explain why Moller would be a good addition to the Kings next season.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Fishhead

Moller has speed and skill, I love the guy. But unless he's bulked up quite a bit I still don't see him as an NHL regular on anything but a bottom team. To succeed at his size you really gotta have a special skill-set, which he doesn't have.

If you are short you gotta be a bull (like Cammi) or be a shifty skater with great scoring ability type. (Gionta, St. Louis, Samsonov). Moller is neither.

I liken Moller to someone like Niko Kapanen. If put in the right spot, he could put up 15-20 goals and 40 points. On the Kings, that means top-two lines, and personally I'd like to see the team aim higher than that for the one spot that will be open.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:35 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
He'll be traded to Toronto at some point. Burke has always wanted him and if I remember correctly he tried to get him when he was the Ducks GM (although I never put much stock into the rumor he was part of a deal to get us Bobby Ryan).

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:09 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

They lost the finals in six 4-2 Brynäs and Brynäs is now the Swedish Champion in this years playoffs.

Brynäs was up 3-0, you see the picture?

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:25 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Moller has speed and skill, I love the guy. But unless he's bulked up quite a bit I still don't see him as an NHL regular on anything but a bottom team. To succeed at his size you really gotta have a special skill-set, which he doesn't have.

If you are short you gotta be a bull (like Cammi) or be a shifty skater with great scoring ability type. (Gionta, St. Louis, Samsonov). Moller is neither.

I liken Moller to someone like Niko Kapanen. If put in the right spot, he could put up 15-20 goals and 40 points. On the Kings, that means top-two lines, and personally I'd like to see the team aim higher than that for the one spot that will be open.
This is just a spot on analysis of Moller. He really needs to be put in a more free-wheeling offensive minded system to succeed. The only way he makes the Kings is if he bulks up and is stronger on his skates and with the puck on his stick, he has the skill, speed, and tenacity to make it in the NHL anywhere in the lineup but he just doesn't have the physical ability yet, and I'm not really sure a year in the SEL is going to fix that. Love to see him do something like Radulov and play a couple more years in the SEL as it's a great development league and his game isn't going to regress much in my eyes. THe Kings also hold his rights indefinately since he still has a year left on his contract correct?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yeah, he easily would have gotten a shot with one of the King/Nolan/Lokti call ups instead.
Silferberg and Holloway go neck in neck all season and in the playoffs and now Silferberg is heading for Ottawa to join the Senators for game six .Holloway will head back to Canada and figure things out for next season, sure hope Dean has his phone number this year .

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote