HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Apr. 29: Grossmann returned for Game 1 vs. NJD (upper body, possible concussion)

Old
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
thats how you take out our best defenfer without taking penalty or anything else gj NHL

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:18 PM
Psuhockey

The Flyers desperately need someone to deter this, like a Milan Lucic. Rinaldo and one dimensional goons like Shelley do not cut it in todays NHL.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
what a ****ing joke.
I really hope payback is coming to someone. if not this series next year. i have had enough of those ******* taking runs at our best players without any payback.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:22 PM
boxcar65

Manning has a bit of a mean streak in him, so I would love to see him deliver a nice, hard(legal) check on one of the Pens forwards tonight. The issue is that if he does play, he might be a little intimidated with it being his first NHL playoff game, so he might try and play it close to the vest. Plus, even a legal check might get called for a penalty tonight in Pittstown.

boxcar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ihatebraydenschenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Just a clean, typical Pittsburgh hit. High gloves, stick up, head shot. You can't call Kennedy for that if you're not going to call Malkin or Ovechkin for it.
Yeah, someone please explain how this is a legal hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Jordan used to get away with all sorts of crap like travelling and palming the ball....although Iverson did as well with respect to the latter due to his patented cross over dribble
I haven't seen a carrying violation called in the NBA, ever.

Here are the Carrying rules.. which are left uncalled in every NBA game.

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyersMania2

It's official...we should never sign a shut down D-man again.

I think a rival of ours gives them some sort of anthrax that we don't know about...starts as a virus, goes to the knees then shuts down their brains.

Grossmann's virus was never publicized...but i bet he had a dose of it..lol

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:25 PM
flyershockey

I've really tried to stay mellow about the Pen's cheapshots during this series. But, I can't any longer. Someone needs to send a message to that whole organization about this crap. If the league isn't going to do anything about it, then the players have to. Enough is enough. Both of those hits should have been reviewed by the league, and nothing came of it. Go out there and test Sydney's head. It seems to be kosher in the minds of the league. If Malkin wants to throw glancing hits and punches after the whistle, you do the same. The Flyers need to send those entitled jackasses home.

What's worse, this doesn't just affect you for this series. Grossmann will be needed for a long run, and now will more than likely not be available.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Gus is in as per csn philly

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvo View Post
Yeah, someone please explain how this is a legal hit.
Sorry, I was kidding. HF doesn't support Sarcastica font.... yet.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Well its comes down to who Lavy/Homer trusts more.

At the moment, the trust factor looks like

Bourdon
Gustafsson
Manning

Bourdon can hit real well but struggles with puckmoving, Manning doesnt excel in either but can do both averagly, while Gustafsson can handle the puck real well but cant hit. Guess Lavy wants a skater and puckmover in there it seems (and along with the trust factor the choice becomes Gus).

I think Manning would have been the better choice if he had more experience, but Gustafsson has more NHL experience. Manning only played a few minutes the games he played.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
I've really tried to stay mellow about the Pen's cheapshots during this series. But, I can't any longer. Someone needs to send a message to that whole organization about this crap. If the league isn't going to do anything about it, then the players have to. Enough is enough. Both of those hits should have been reviewed by the league, and nothing came of it. Go out there and test Sydney's head. It seems to be kosher in the minds of the league. If Malkin wants to throw glancing hits and punches after the whistle, you do the same. The Flyers need to send those entitled jackasses home.

What's worse, this doesn't just affect you for this series. Grossmann will be needed for a long run, and now will more than likely not be available.
The Flyers have no one to do this. Rinaldo hits Michalek, when having him in the line helps the Flyers. Like Berube did in the past, if someone hits your star you hit their star. If someone hits your top defenseman, you hit theirs. A hard high hit to Letang probably puts him out of the series and could go under the radar of suspension but the Flyers have nobody to do it.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Absolute joke that the league hasn't even acknowledged either of these hits. Completely bushleague. I'm not even someone who pays a lot of attention to the suspensions, but when I see 'Shanahan' and 'Player Safety' next to each other -- and I see the outrage that people have over headshots (Torres, etc) -- then see nothing done about hits like these, it pisses me off.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Teezax

Schenn delivers some thumping checks, i'd love to see him plant Letang all night tonight.
Keep it "Penguins" clean

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Amateur Hour

Gotta start fighting fire with fire now. Don't let this kind of head-hunting ******** go unpunished. If the league isn't going to do anything about it, the players have to. I want to see Schenn in full heat-seeking missile mode tonight.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
G Money

How about we pay them back by taking them out on their home ice ?

Lets Go Flyers

G Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
leclair1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZUZU View Post
crosschecks him in the head with his stick. how is that not reviewed, or not even a penalty with the ref standing right there?
Because thats chris lee, the worst ref in the nhl.. Over 600 regular season games and wednesday was only his 5th playoff game ever

leclair1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
How about we pay them back by taking them out on their home ice ?

Lets Go Flyers
Agreed. Just turn the first game with them next year into wrestlemania.

Mr Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The Flyers have no one to do this. Rinaldo hits Michalek, when having him in the line helps the Flyers. Like Berube did in the past, if someone hits your star you hit their star. If someone hits your top defenseman, you hit theirs. A hard high hit to Letang probably puts him out of the series and could go under the radar of suspension but the Flyers have nobody to do it.
Schenn, Simmonds, and Hartnell are all bigger and deliver harder hits than Kennedy does. They seem content to play along with the crap because they are up in the series. But, now you're talking about stuff that effects the team for the next series. Nobody should be given a free pass on this kind of stuff, especially players of Malkin's level. It's horse**** honestly, and sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:32 PM
flyingsouth

That does it! Smash them all! Starting with Shrek and the Baby!

flyingsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:36 PM
AaronTrieu

who cares. just worry about outscoring them today. revenge has no place in todays game. take notes and go after them in the regular season next season.

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:09 PM
TheLegendkiller

Like I said...Carkner and Torres to the Flyers next year. And some point in the future acquire Gaustad and Clowe. Could you imagine unleashing a 4th line of Gaustad, Torres, and Sestito? Everybody would die.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 02:00 AM
dats81

Thing is, Geno does not really throw his elbow to the opponents head but has developed a very subtle technique where the elbow is brought to collision with the head when cruising by. No apparent upward movement of the elbow = no call.

Anybody in O&B trying to throw elbows at Geno would be suspended because it would look like a clear intent to injure a player.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 02:59 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I know Manning is a rookie, but I'd like to see more of him.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 05:41 AM
boxcar65

Hopefully you will see him instead of Kubina on Sunday.

boxcar65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Anybody in O&B trying to throw elbows at Geno would be suspended because it would look like a clear intent to injure a player.
So what. Carkner got one game for pummeling Boyle. If they took Letang out, I don't care who got suspended. Plus, by bringing attention to head shots with a retaliation, the Penguins wouldn't be able to get away with them. The Flyers have become Montreal from a few years back: skilled, small, and soft.