HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TSN/Sportsnet competition

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 06:42 PM
xtra

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big#D
If it weren't for basketball, I don't think I would ever turn the TV to Sportsnet.
CBC should buy out The Score, rename it CBC Sportsworld, and turn it into a real second option to TSN.

Just imagine Cherry on Trade Day.

Ya eh, I just heard that Atlanta traded some European guy for Calgary's 7th round draft pick. Seems like Calgary paid too much to me. Shoulda traded for some good Canadian boys.

I woudl love to see that

Old
03-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

Sportsnet was horrible. TSN was way ahead of the game on breaking most of the trades, as far as I could tell. And even though I really dislike McGuire...Kypreos, Watters, Kelley and the rest of the Sportsnet panel are insufferable.

Having said that, I still prefer Sportsnet for news/highlights...Don Taylor is the best in the biz imo

Old
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Shane

Sportsnet broke the Brown, Noronen, McCarthy, and Weinrich trades. That's it I think. RDS broke the Gauthier trade, and I think TSN had pretty much everything else first.

Old
03-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Gunner8811

Tsn kicked but but I still can't forget the time when the sporstnet ticker had told Anson Carter he'd been traded before the Oilers actually had. What a brutal way to find out youve been traded.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:00 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
At least online Sportsnet had the Witt deal first.

And the Ozinlinsh deal.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:16 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Sportsnet broke the Brown, Noronen, McCarthy, and Weinrich trades. That's it I think. RDS broke the Gauthier trade, and I think TSN had pretty much everything else first.
While in the meantime THESCORE watched TSN and sportsnet in the background...told Steve Kouleas...and ''broke'' the trades.

Old
03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
edmontonoilers89

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
While in the meantime THESCORE watched TSN and sportsnet in the background...told Steve Kouleas...and ''broke'' the trades.
Well they can't just not do a show on the trade deadline. I personally don't mind the Score. I know that during the NHL playoffs they usually stick to the press conferences and such long after TSN and CBC are done their hockey broadcasts.

Old
03-11-2006, 05:05 AM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner8811
Tsn kicked but but I still can't forget the time when the sporstnet ticker had told Anson Carter he'd been traded before the Oilers actually had. What a brutal way to find out youve been traded.
It happens more than you think. Jeff Friesen found out he was traded this year from TSN before the Capitals told him anything. I think someone else did too.

Old
03-11-2006, 05:26 AM
boredmale

Who really cares if somebody breaks a story 2 minutes before somebody else.

Personally i think TSN is the best because the guys they have know what they are talking about and give good analysis.

I actually like the Score as well, because it has the feeling of a bunch of friends just shooting the breeze.

Sportsnet is crap, they have the feel of some kid who is trying to show off how cool he is because they got all the new toys.

Old
03-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Reload

TSN had far better coverage than Sportsnet. TSN broke the trades a lot faster and had the specifics a lot faster than Sportsnet.

Closed Thread